Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 1911 Files

Notices

Old December 18, 2018, 19:38   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Value of SIG 1911's

Christmas is upon us and some are selling guns to finance Santa. Friend sent me these low resolution pics of a pair of SIG's he has been offered. Anyone have an idea on value lightly used? Neither are really my style as not into rim fire 1911's or anything with skulls, flames or slogans. Cheap enough and I may buy to flip them as his interest is lower than mine. All we have are two low resolution photos to work with thus far.

SIG 1911 rimfire in FDE:

Another SIG in 45 acp:

A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2018, 22:27   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Bottom one is the Sig Spartan and it has a high nib price on it retail.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2018, 10:19   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I have a deal where buy all the 1911 trade ins from a SIG dealer for $500 to $600 based on if still has all paperwork, accessories and box. It's amazing how many people go in and buy a 1911 in 45 or 10mm and trade it in with less than 50 rounds and up to half the box of range ammo they purchased with pistol and maybe half dozen rounds fired from the carry ammo box. They say it was too hard to control and trade them for a plastic 9mm.

I run 500 rounds or so through each, decide what I like and dislike about it then send back to SIG custom shop for all the accessories I like and a 3.25 pound trigger. Their telephone reps will tell you four pounds is lowest can go but always request same guy works on my pistols include a letter describing my vision for the pistol, give him some wiggle room to add something may feel would help it and always come back with the same 3.25 pound trigger pull. What I pay for pistol with always less than 100, usually less than 50 rounds then the SIG custom shop mods along with replacing all springs and wear items due to my banging minimum of 500 major power factor rounds downrange which is part of there refresh package.

Always end up with a pistol am very happy with, looks new plus has custom touches, good trigger and warranty in my name. Usually have less or about the same dollars invested as what it would sell to me new out the door with taxes. Nine out of ten have the box and every paper plus gun lock, chamber flag, etc as often were out of the shop less than 30 days from purchase to trade-in. Had to wait forever to get a few of the models wanted this way but have a fairly robust collection of SIG 1911's now and most of my Colts except for two stay in the vault with my Randalls, first generation Detonics and other rarer varients on the 1911. Amazes me how many people think a 45 semi auto is unmanageable recoil while others are blazing away with 454 Casull and 500 Smith magnums. I like my 454 Casull for big wheel guns and made my 44 magnums feel like small guns.

Guy selling wants $1,400 for the pair so telling my buddy to try and talk him down a bit and if doesn't wantI will make an offer guy may not like but if honestly needs to pay Santa then I will take them for my price or walk. Deal is I seldom get minor calibers like 9mm and never scored a rimfire 1911. So if buddy passes will make a $1,000 offer and see where it goes. I don't care what retail is on the 45 as the helmet/skulls are coming off and a set of Tacops grips replacing them and then will go to the custom shop
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old December 19, 2018, 12:50   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

I don't know how sales are running in your area but sales seem really slow here. GS that I spend the most time in say sales are very slow and his inventory is a burden now. He sells on the net too and he said GB sales have really slowed. If I was buying in my area for resale I wouldn't pay much for any semi auto as our state has got a hard on to remove them from the public hands.
Old December 19, 2018, 19:01   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Georgia won't be going after single stacks anytime soon. I have over a dozen SIG 1911's in four cartridges now and the Spartan 45 doesn't do much for me but for right price would take it and the FDE 22 would add $50 if stainless or dark finish as FDE is not my favorite color. The rimfire would be only one that adds a unique cartridge to my SIG 1911 collection but the 1911-22 sells new for $399 so $250 is max would pay. Owner is wanting $1,400 for $800 to $850 my max offer on them so have recommended friend offer $900 and walk if seller doesn't take it.

Sorry if SIG website says $1,250 MSRP for the Spartan but called my vendor who said new he could get me one for $950 tax, tag and title. $399 for the 1911-22 in any finish I want so can buy them new $50 less than sellers used asking price. Amazes me how some assume since they may have overpaid the used market will overpay as well.
Old December 19, 2018, 21:24   #6
Bawana jim
Registered

I have more concerns but obviously you don't share them With the democrat's going after guns, just to make Trump a liar that folks won't vote for, I don't want more guns to move should they get gun controls passed. They could force it in a budget bill and fug us good.

Plus they show signs of banning spare parts which tells me when a gun breaks getting it fixed may not happen. You certainly don't have to worry about those problems as you are your own gunsmith and a spare gun is better than spare parts.

The Spartan if I wanted it for my own I would ay $600 but only if it was perfect. I wouldn't buy the 22 because there are far better ones out there. Right now if you buy a gun in oregon you better want to keep it in my opinion.
Old January 09, 2019, 21:02   #7
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 81718
My oldest son now owns a Sig 1911 but, I don't believe I've ever seen nor shot it? He likes it though.
Steve
Old January 27, 2019, 15:11   #8
cwo4uscgret
Registered

FALaholic #: 19025
Sig...1911

I have Sig 1911s; excellent quality and performance as well. Although I haven't tried to sell any of them (they are keepers) they seem to hold their value.

Here's my Sig Family Portrait:

The full sized ones are a Stainless GSR (Granite State Rail named for New Hampshire where they are made), a TACPAC, TACOPS, an Officer's Model - the RCS, and a P238. Not shown are my P6 P225), a .45 ACP P220, and a .38 Super P220.
cwo4uscgret is offline   Reply With Quote