The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2020, 07:43   #1
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 10,284
Do we really need the governments help?

So our 'leaders' are debating a 2 trillion dollar deal to save our economy while others are ordering whole segments of the population under house arrest.

What makes us think that any of these people know what the hell they are doing? What evidence do we have that these fools won't do more harm than good? Maybe the best plan is to tell our elected officials to stand down.

__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 07:49   #2
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
So our 'leaders' are debating a 2 trillion dollar deal to save our economy while others are ordering whole segments of the population under house arrest.

What makes us think that any of these people know what the hell they are doing? What evidence do we have that these fools won't do more harm than good? Maybe the best plan is to tell our elected officials to stand down.

my point against Nanny State filers in a couple a threads...
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 07:51   #3
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
I would not argue with that. While they're at it they can make public the data (the REAL raw data, not the shit they're trickling out) so that competent, dispassionate minds can reveiw. Don't hold your breath on that one though.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 07:54   #4
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
What we need is for government to get out of the way, cut our taxes and let us get on with life.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 08:03   #5
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
What we need is for government to get out of the way, cut our taxes and let us get on with life.
there too much fun and profit to be had in not doing any of that.

so not gonna happen.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 08:04   #6
nwobhm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
nwobhm's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 9580
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 9,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
So our 'leaders' are debating a 2 trillion dollar deal to save our economy while others are ordering whole segments of the population under house arrest.

What makes us think that any of these people know what the hell they are doing? What evidence do we have that these fools won't do more harm than good? Maybe the best plan is to tell our elected officials to stand down.

The cost of liberty is blood. Liberty isn't free. Jefferson and Franklin come to mind here. Paraphrasing...and....niether statement was made in this context.

Those who compromise liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

The tree of liberty from time to time is watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

It applies as much in times of peace as it does in war. Closures should only be because those at liberty to do so choose to do it.
nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 08:12   #7
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Jefferson was pretty good at buying his own liberty with other folk's blood, just sayin .. so was Franklin. He did bet it all though gotta give him that at least. Then again risky bets were his nature. There's a reason Monticello was auctioned off upon his death.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 09:54   #8
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 10,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
there too much fun and profit to be had in not doing any of that.

so not gonna happen.
That's kinda what I'm worried about. Our government can't be trusted with 2 trillion dollars of play money. And the damn commies would keep everything locked down for 3 months just to prove capitalism failed.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 10:13   #9
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Well we need to do something because this bout of the 'flue' shows us how unstable and unsustainable the current situation is.

But rather than make hard choices, go against the vested interests of their donors, the R/D will just borrow and print more, try to kick the can again like they always do.
98% of the voters have been happy with that, so why not?




............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 22:21   #10
Oz308
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 68280
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cydonia, Mars
Posts: 511
Dammit J-

[98% of the voters have been happy with that, so why not?
............juanni[/QUOTE]

quit interruptin' ma sportsball!

u always gripin' n fussin' bout stuff...blah blah blah.

do sumptin' produckive fer once, watch the game and grab a cold one.

sheesh.

Oz308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2020, 22:57   #11
NFADLR
Registered
 
NFADLR's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7480
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Location thats the question Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Posts: 6,068
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 00:08   #12
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
medicmike's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 3183
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florence, OR
Posts: 6,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
What makes us think that any of these people know what the hell they are doing? What evidence do we have that these fools won't do more harm than good? Maybe the best plan is to tell our elected officials to stand down.

When has .gov interference ever made anything better?
__________________
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker at Lexington Green

ďThe great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.Ē
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 00:12   #13
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
Bullseye!!

Funnier yet is spending their profits on stock buybacks and saving nothing.

Let them all go under, chapter 11 is made for this.




.............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 12:21   #14
STG_58_guy
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
Platinum Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 10,284
I saw Dr. Fauci was asked if he would take chloroquine if infected. He said he would take some other drug that was involved in a clinical trial. He actually meant he would participate in the trial! Well good for him. Meanwhile the rest of us can't just join a clinical trial.

I call bullshit anyway. What an arrogant fuk. If he was gasping for breath he'd be screaming for chloroquine.

And where is the massive clinical trial for chloroquine?

It is a little late to be complaining about the lack of double blind studies and warning about the dangers of prescribing medicines off label, while basking in the elitist glow of the AMA. These docs lose all cred as we find out they don't have sufficient PPE or ventilators on hand to deal with this outbreak. They are the experts on this, as they are quick to tell you. They have failed us.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 12:28   #15
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
These docs lose all cred as we find out they don't have sufficient PPE or ventilators on hand to deal with this outbreak. They are the experts on this, as they are quick to tell you. They have failed us.
No that is the result of private HC.

They have zero financial incentive just like WaddleMart or any private business to stockpile supplies and hospital space for an event that isn't within next quarters view.

Which is great for their bottom line, not so great for the country when there is a pandemic.




............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 12:44   #16
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3248
Join Date: May 2001
Location: northern Oklahoma/green country
Posts: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
The biggest line of bullshit Iíve see so far, I would have expected this from j.

Just because they are billion dollar companies does not mean they could operate cash out of pocket and keep all their people and bills paid with no income coming in. Itís akin to the old saying about farmers being land rich and cash poor. Those that got their land paid off may be in good shape financially, but if there is no crop from the land for a year or two, there is zip for income. Until you sell the land in hardship at fire sale prices, itís just a tax liability. Your meme is total horseshit.
__________________
"We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few. I suggest we give millions of responsible American gun owners that same courtesy."
okiefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 12:54   #17
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
The biggest line of bullshit I’ve see so far, I would have expected this from j.

Just because they are billion dollar companies does not mean they could operate cash out of pocket and keep all their people and bills paid with no income coming in. It’s akin to the old saying about farmers being land rich and cash poor. Those that got their land paid off may be in good shape financially, but if there is no crop from the land for a year or two, there is zip for income. Until you sell the land in hardship at fire sale prices, it’s just a tax liability. Your meme is total horseshit.


Most of the companies borrowed huge sums of money for stock buybacks, inflating their stock price, which company heads cashed out while the price was high and deposed of profits with generous dividends and bonuses.

They saved NOTHING, are loaded with debt, have trashed their credit and now want to be bailed out.






...............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 13:11   #18
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post


Most of the companies borrowed huge sums of money for stock buybacks, inflating their stock price, which company heads cashed out while the price was high and deposed of profits with generous dividends and bonuses.

They saved NOTHING, are loaded with debt, have trashed their credit and now want to be bailed out.



...............juanni


They're not SUPPOSED to save anything you retard. They're supposed to return dividends to their stockholders. That is the only thing a publicly traded corporation is supposed to do. If you weren't so enamored with communism you'd probably know this.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 13:36   #19
NFADLR
Registered
 
NFADLR's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7480
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Location thats the question Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Posts: 6,068
Thanks for your support and opinion.




Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
The biggest line of bullshit Iíve see so far, I would have expected this from j.

Just because they are billion dollar companies does not mean they could operate cash out of pocket and keep all their people and bills paid with no income coming in. Itís akin to the old saying about farmers being land rich and cash poor. Those that got their land paid off may be in good shape financially, but if there is no crop from the land for a year or two, there is zip for income. Until you sell the land in hardship at fire sale prices, itís just a tax liability. Your meme is total horseshit.
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 13:45   #20
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post


They're not SUPPOSED to save anything you retard. They're supposed to return dividends to their stockholders. That is the only thing a publicly traded corporation is supposed to do. If you weren't so enamored with communism you'd probably know this.
Corporations don't even have to pay dividends no matter how profitable.

And many corps are sitting on piles of cash, you need to tell them at that the billions they are sitting on need to disposed of to the stockholders.

Publically traded Apple alone was sitting on $260 billion.



............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 14:10   #21
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3248
Join Date: May 2001
Location: northern Oklahoma/green country
Posts: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
Thanks for your support and opinion.
I suppose you and j are waiting for the welfare crowd to band together to get the country back on track when we hit the bottom.
__________________
"We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few. I suggest we give millions of responsible American gun owners that same courtesy."
okiefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 14:50   #22
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Corporations don't even have to pay dividends no matter how profitable.

And many corps are sitting on piles of cash, you need to tell them at that the billions they are sitting on need to disposed of to the stockholders.

Publically traded Apple alone was sitting on $260 billion.

............juanni
No, they don't have to if the directors think they make more money for the shareholders by holding it. Say getting ready for an acquisition, new capital outlays, stock buybacks, etc. Lots of reason they need a bit of operating cash, and yes to Apple $260 bil is just walking around money.

If you want to know how this really works I suggest you do your own research. There are many things that can go into when they issue dividends, when they load up on cash and when they don't. A whole lot of things you probably don't even want to understand. And frankly I'm good leaving it there with ya because all you'll do is whine about how socialism would do it better anyway.

But no, the only reason a corporation even exists in the first place is to make money for the shareholders. They return this in the form of dividends and capital gains. Period.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 16:26   #23
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 16,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post


They're not SUPPOSED to save anything you retard. They're supposed to return dividends to their stockholders. That is the only thing a publicly traded corporation is supposed to do. If you weren't so enamored with communism you'd probably know this.
I do not necessarily agree. Boeing was the largest buyer of their stock driving the price up using their FCF. Guess what? That $45B is now vaporized. Upper management should have had to give up all stock options and fired due to the Maxx fiasco.

Stock buybacks can backfire. Those buybacks were while the stock was high and now are having to be sold while the stock is low. Not so great for the external stockholders.

I've seen it often. Upper management allotted shit tons of options. Buybacks drive up the price, and then they are exercised. GM and Chrysler bailed out with the stock holders left holding the bag as they are the last to get paid.

I've only had a few graduate level econ and finance courses, but it's a very complex science. Blanket statements rarely apply to the complexities.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 17:06   #24
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
They're not SUPPOSED to save anything you retard. They're supposed to return dividends to their stockholders.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
No, they don't have to if the directors think they make more money for the shareholders by holding it. Say getting ready for an acquisition, new capital outlays, stock buybacks, etc. Lots of reason they need a bit of operating cash, and yes to Apple $260 bil is just walking around money.
Make up your addled mind.

Like maybe save some cash for,,,,
a rainy day?
a terrorist attack, shutting down the travel industry? gee never saw that before
a recession?
a pandemic that everyone knew about last year? SARs, MERs, Ebolla??

Nope spend every penny on buybacks, bonuses and dividends, then borrow more.

Fug em, chapter 11 for the whole lot.




..............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 17:15   #25
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
&



Make up your addled mind.

Like maybe save some cash for,,,,
a rainy day?
a terrorist attack, shutting down the travel industry? gee never saw that before
a recession?
a pandemic that everyone knew about last year? SARs, MERs, Ebolla??

Nope spend every penny on buybacks, bonuses and dividends, then borrow more.

Fug em, chapter 11 for the whole lot.
...juanni
Its ok j, no doubt your hillbilly lifestyle effects your thinking but your simple minded retorts are getting worthless. I doubt you have any understanding of big business and never will so it becomes a real effort to read how much of an idiot you are. It's worthless trying to explain it to you, there is no way you will ever get it. Just like you never under stood debt and how to make a profit from it.

I got to put you on ignore dude, it's too stressful watching you die in a thread. See you after the flu.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 17:28   #26
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3248
Join Date: May 2001
Location: northern Oklahoma/green country
Posts: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Its ok j, no doubt your hillbilly lifestyle effects your thinking but your simple minded retorts are getting worthless. I doubt you have any understanding of big business and never will so it becomes a real effort to read how much of an idiot you are. It's worthless trying to explain it to you, there is no way you will ever get it. Just like you never under stood debt and how to make a profit from it.

I got to put you on ignore dude, it's too stressful watching you die in a thread. See you after the flu.
J likes to enjoy the fruits of the same free capitalist system that he loathes living in all in the same breath. Where does he think he was able to get all those cool machine tools he likes to brag about in his shop were there not a vehicle for those seeking investment capital to build the tools that built the machine tools he has. Yes, it took some even bigger machines to build what he has, and despite j bragging he is off grid, and can live without water, sun, and air, people didn't build those tools without a lot of outside capital investors, (and a promise to get repaid), a market that they hoped would hold up, and a lot of risk. And trust me, for every one that was successful, at least two or three failed, and investors lost. It's not a bed of roses going into business for yourself. BTDT.

The next reset, I'm electing j to run this country. He'll geturdun his way, the right way. I'm gonna start prepping for living in the dark ages now, and suggest my kids and grandkids do the same, as it will be several generations before we get out of living in caves.
__________________
"We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few. I suggest we give millions of responsible American gun owners that same courtesy."
okiefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 17:45   #27
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
J likes to enjoy the fruits of the same free capitalist system that he loathes living in all in the same breath. Where does he think he was able to get all those cool machine tools he likes to brag about in his shop were there not a vehicle for those seeking investment capital to build the tools that built the machine tools he has. Yes, it took some even bigger machines to build what he has, and despite j bragging he is off grid, and can live without water, sun, and air, people didn't build those tools without a lot of outside capital investors, (and a promise to get repaid), a market that they hoped would hold up, and a lot of risk. And trust me, for every one that was successful, at least two or three failed, and investors lost. It's not a bed of roses going into business for yourself. BTDT.

The next reset, I'm electing j to run this country. He'll geturdun his way, the right way. I'm gonna start prepping for living in the dark ages now, and suggest my kids and grandkids do the same, as it will be several generations before we get out of living in caves.
He is such a simple mided fool it hurts to read his bs. It like the company Apple, they employ maybe 175,000 people and another two million people live off what business they do with apple. Close them down and it hurts real people, not just a company but the real people that work for and with them.

Companies move money to avoid taxes. Keeping a bunch of cash on hand is sure to be taxed so to keep any profit they buy back their own stock for tax purposes. Yes companies can fail in two weeks if the economy crashes because banks won't lend money to make payroll. So do you bail them out to save jobs or let the people get hurt by closing the company?

J is too stupid to understand what happens around him. On his best day he will stockpile TP but then he probably will sell it and not use any for his own ass.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 17:46   #28
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
&

Make up your addled mind.

Like maybe save some cash for,,,,
a rainy day?

..............juanni
My mind ain't addled, and it's the job of the leadership to decide where to put the cash, not mine.

Sure phuck the airlines. Make sure you fly china air next time haha. phuck the utilities. make sure you buy your power from france. phuck the manufacturing, make sure you buy your car from italy. etc etc. Maybe get a doctor who went to school in bangladesh next time you hack off a foot with your saw, or get your hand caught in a splitter. That is if your cell phone still works because you might have to resort to skype for commo. Might be tough with one hand while you're bleeding out through the other.

And make sure you don't miss the fact that in all of these socialist paradises of yours the corporate world is supported full time by the respective governments, which is to say the taxpayers. Not just when an enemy nation attacks the homeland with a bioweapon.

And btw you might want to reflect on the fact that these workers paradises of yours do not tolerate skinflints like yourself who endeavor to game the system. They'd have you out of your cave in a minute. China would probably part you out because they'd figure, probably correctly, that the sum of your parts would be worth more than you put together.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2020, 20:53   #29
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
My mind ain't addled, and it's the job of the leadership to decide where to put the cash, not mine.
Yeah and those that are in trouble so quickly is because the leadership decided to spend all the profits on dividends, bonuses, stock buy backs and to rack up a pile of debt.
Those were poor decisions, so let the chips fall where they may... in bankruptcy court.

Plenty of US airlines have been there before, emerged and went back to business w/o a bailout.

Maybe Apple will buy up some of those bankrupt company's assets with their pile of cash they wisely stashed and run them better.



............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'

Last edited by juanni; March 26, 2020 at 10:06.
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 08:39   #30
Jarhead504
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65022
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans Area,LA
Posts: 4,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
I think the boyz here missed the "POORLY MANAGED" part. That is the crux of the matter. Corporations, which ARE the gummint, (Obviously not ALL of them), that are run by our wonderful "best and brightest", geared to sod YOU and ME to death.

Yep. Sho' 'nuf Massah.

Jarhead
__________________
Confiscation Leads To Assassination.
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 08:57   #31
davedude
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 20538
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth
Posts: 4,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
So our 'leaders' are debating a 2 trillion dollar deal to save our economy while others are ordering whole segments of the population under house arrest.

What makes us think that any of these people know what the hell they are doing? What evidence do we have that these fools won't do more harm than good? Maybe the best plan is to tell our elected officials to stand down.


More government is never the answer. The way to go would have been to cut government by 75 percent and abolish income tax and the Federal reserve. That would have been a constitutional direction.
Instead the fedgov doubles down on illegal and unconstitutional. We are truly screwed.
__________________
There's only two reasons we showed up here, to party and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer!
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:04   #32
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedude View Post
More government is never the answer. The way to go would have been to cut government by 75 percent and abolish income tax and the Federal reserve. That would have been a constitutional direction.
Instead the fedgov doubles down on illegal and unconstitutional. We are truly screwed.
Yes Dave, and 98% of the voters will approve via their November vote.
Including most here.




............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:12   #33
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
My mind ain't addled, and it's the job of the leadership to decide where to put the cash, not mine.

Sure phuck the airlines. Make sure you fly china air next time haha. phuck the utilities. make sure you buy your power from france. phuck the manufacturing, make sure you buy your car from italy. etc etc. Maybe get a doctor who went to school in bangladesh next time you hack off a foot with your saw, or get your hand caught in a splitter. That is if your cell phone still works because you might have to resort to skype for commo. Might be tough with one hand while you're bleeding out through the other.

And make sure you don't miss the fact that in all of these socialist paradises of yours the corporate world is supported full time by the respective governments, which is to say the taxpayers. Not just when an enemy nation attacks the homeland with a bioweapon.

And btw you might want to reflect on the fact that these workers paradises of yours do not tolerate skinflints like yourself who endeavor to game the system. They'd have you out of your cave in a minute. China would probably part you out because they'd figure, probably correctly, that the sum of your parts would be worth more than you put together.
Yes, phuck the airlines. Been in the biz for 20 years. It's like the welfare queen of corporations.

It's a silly game they play, all the while holding up the "country can't do without us" card. Irresponsible spending, zero morality over debt, shareholders or employees.

That's their right - except they do this knowing Daddy Taxpayer will bail them out. I am watching it unfold yet again, as we speak.

Letting corporations, people, enterprises of all stripes fail is how we become stronger. Propping up sorry-ass management, business models only weakens us.
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:12   #34
davedude
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 20538
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth
Posts: 4,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Yes Dave, and 98% of the voters will approve via their November vote.
Including most here.




............juanni
Just f-off juanni.
__________________
There's only two reasons we showed up here, to party and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer!
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:18   #35
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3248
Join Date: May 2001
Location: northern Oklahoma/green country
Posts: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedude View Post
Just f-off juanni.

__________________
"We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few. I suggest we give millions of responsible American gun owners that same courtesy."
okiefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:19   #36
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedude View Post
Just f-off juanni.
Love you too Dave.





............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:23   #37
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Yes, phuck the airlines. Been in the biz for 20 years. It's like the welfare queen of corporations.

It's a silly game they play, all the while holding up the "country can't do without us" card. Irresponsible spending, zero morality over debt, shareholders or employees.

That's their right - except they do this knowing Daddy Taxpayer will bail them out. I am watching it unfold yet again, as we speak.

Letting corporations, people, enterprises of all stripes fail is how we become stronger. Propping up sorry-ass management, business models only weakens us.
I did at one time wonder why people don't understand our system and your post is just more proof people don't understand it at all. That's fine and just like I will never be a brain surgeon folks just can't get it in their mind how our system works. Is there any use in trying to inform folks, no there isn't because it's attitude that stands in the way of understanding.

It really makes no difference if you do or don't understand anyway but it would be better conversation if you knew what you were talking about.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 09:31   #38
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I did at one time wonder why people don't understand our system and your post is just more proof people don't understand it at all. That's fine and just like I will never be a brain surgeon folks just can't get it in their mind how our system works. Is there any use in trying to inform folks, no there isn't because it's attitude that stands in the way of understanding.

It really makes no difference if you do or don't understand anyway but it would be better conversation if you knew what you were talking about.


Our system has been corrupted from one of free market capitalism to one of crony capitalism, corporate welfare, private profits and socialized losses.

Idiots like yourself and Bubbatard have cheered it on.





..............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 10:36   #39
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 18,694
Everyone is missing the very important reason why these checks will be issued.

Without cash, and food, after a month or so, IT GOES ALL BARBARIAN.


People will not go without and will begin marrauding/stealing food. Breakins and murders will go hand in hand.

So, instead they decided to DELAY this syndrome, like CHINA wanted, by giving people checks, unemployment ins, and other cash benefits, to prevent the shooting from getting started.

THIS SCREWS CHINA, and saves ammo until later..........or not.

China's attack must be foiled; first for "J" and the America haters who want it see it destroyed economically, and secondly, to prevent their hoped for Commie dictatorship Gov't, under Hillary and Soros, set up, all thanks to Covid-19.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 11:28   #40
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I did at one time wonder why people don't understand our system and your post is just more proof people don't understand it at all. That's fine and just like I will never be a brain surgeon folks just can't get it in their mind how our system works. Is there any use in trying to inform folks, no there isn't because it's attitude that stands in the way of understanding.

It really makes no difference if you do or don't understand anyway but it would be better conversation if you knew what you were talking about.
LOL, you're right, I don't understand it.

I thought it was either incompetence or greed instead of business savvy and integrity.

People are greedy cowards, period.
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 11:49   #41
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
LOL, you're right, I don't understand it.

I thought it was either incompetence or greed instead of business savvy and integrity.

People are greedy cowards, period.
Its really simple, it's the system. In crony capitalism the government picks the winners and losers by many different means. Regulations and taxes establish how business must run to be profitable. They have no choice but to follow all rules in running their businesses and one slip up can destroy your business.

Small business must bake the cake like it or not. Big business has so many fking rules and regs you can't keep track of them. People that don't understand the hoops business has to jump through think businesses are greedy cowards but in fact they are working in the system we have.

Without those fighters in industry there would be no jobs, how much integrity could you keep when very day is a fight to stay alive and every day the rules change? If you had to run your house the way business is forced to run you would move to another country...just like they do.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 12:40   #42
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Its really simple, it's the system. In crony capitalism the government picks the winners and losers by many different means. Regulations and taxes establish how business must run to be profitable. They have no choice but to follow all rules in running their businesses and one slip up can destroy your business.

Small business must bake the cake like it or not. Big business has so many fking rules and regs you can't keep track of them. People that don't understand the hoops business has to jump through think businesses are greedy cowards but in fact they are working in the system we have.

Without those fighters in industry there would be no jobs, how much integrity could you keep when very day is a fight to stay alive and every day the rules change? If you had to run your house the way business is forced to run you would move to another country...just like they do.
So if these guys don't accept welfare handouts from the .gov, and ship manufacturing overseas, they'll fail?

OK.

Maybe they should fail, and keep failing, until .gov squeals. Something has to hurt before things change. Let's get on with it.

(I don't believe you are correct, but if you are, then let's trash this thing)
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 12:56   #43
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 19,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Its really simple, it's the system. In crony capitalism the government picks the winners and losers by many different means. Regulations and taxes establish how business must run to be profitable. They have no choice but to follow all rules in running their businesses and one slip up can destroy your business.
You are clueless. Govt doesn't write the laws and regulations, mostly it is the lobbyists for those corporations write the rules to exclude competition.

A small minority of laws are written to protect workers and the environment that corps must follow, but by making it complicated and burdensome it only makes more difficult for a new competitor to enter the field.


............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 13:03   #44
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
So if these guys don't accept welfare handouts from the .gov, and ship manufacturing overseas, they'll fail?

OK.

Maybe they should fail, and keep failing, until .gov squeals. Something has to hurt before things change. Let's get on with it.

(I don't believe you are correct, but if you are, then let's trash this thing)
Last year I worked I was involved in hiring for the company. 17 billion dollar construction company on paper. It cost $2,400 to hire a new person. All the rules and regs make it very difficult to hire people and even more difficult bidding jobs because you had to have the right colors on the crew to get bids. You had to have enough man hours in your minorities to get bids too.

Government picks the winners and losers. Government causes failures so yes they should bail folks out. How did the virus get here? It was a government failure to secure our borders. It's a fking government failure to not be prepared for this shit and he'll yes they should be bailing everyone out that's losing money. It's governments fault.

Government left the borders open for the flu to get in.
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 13:25   #45
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Last year I worked I was involved in hiring for the company. 17 billion dollar construction company on paper. It cost $2,400 to hire a new person. All the rules and regs make it very difficult to hire people and even more difficult bidding jobs because you had to have the right colors on the crew to get bids. You had to have enough man hours in your minorities to get bids too.

Government picks the winners and losers. Government causes failures so yes they should bail folks out. How did the virus get here? It was a government failure to secure our borders. It's a fking government failure to not be prepared for this shit and he'll yes they should be bailing everyone out that's losing money. It's governments fault.

Government left the borders open for the flu to get in.
Well hell, I understand your point of view completely now.

It somebody else's fault, from start to finish.

I thought you were older than me, but you sound like a Millennial.

You realize "they" is us taxpayers, I hope.

Good grief.
__________________
Every rule has an exception. Muzzies are the exception to this rule. Glass 'em, easier to drill through glass anyway. Sand is the worst ... Bubbagump
__________________
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 13:33   #46
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
You are clueless. Govt doesn't write the laws and regulations, mostly it is the lobbyists for those corporations write the rules to exclude competition.

............juanni
Talk about clueless. Lobbyists may author a lot of 'em but government enacts them. This makes it the fault of .... drum roll ... wait for it ... almost there ... government!

Blaming lobbyists for what government does reeks of 'the devil made me do it'. Probably how it worked in Oakland but not so much in the real world.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 13:54   #47
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 21,231


Interesting thread.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 14:17   #48
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 23,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Well hell, I understand your point of view completely now.

It somebody else's fault, from start to finish.

I thought you were older than me, but you sound like a Millennial.

You realize "they" is us taxpayers, I hope.

Good grief.
You live too far in the past if you think you have any choice in the way government is run. It's as big as the weather now and your only choice when you don't like the weather is move to where you do.

This country is now like Commie Russia in that it will get so big it will collapse on itself. The idea that you think this is something us commoners can beat when we are a divided nation is a frivolous idea.

Look around you, all your neighbors willingly put up with this shit in the face of an unseen danger. How will they do when it comes time to face our corrupt officials?
__________________
Only crooked politicians fear honest men with guns
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 15:58   #49
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
...
Look around you, all your neighbors willingly put up with this shit in the face of an unseen danger. How will they do when it comes time to face our corrupt officials?
They will run away and piss themselves. Not necessarily in that order.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2020, 16:27   #50
Oz308
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 68280
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cydonia, Mars
Posts: 511
Yep.

[QUOTE=Jarhead504;4859523]I think the boyz here missed the "POORLY MANAGED" part.]

Call it what you will- mismanagement, poor management, corruption.

When there are NO actionable consequences for wrongdoings-

When the mismanagement/corruption is ignored, buried, or worse yet,
REWARDED, what else should anyone expect to happen?

Perpetuate this over decades, hell, probably over a century, in our case, and what other possible outcome could occur?

Been thinking if we would have just stayed a whole lot damn closer to the original rulebook, we might not be in this jam.
Oz308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files