The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Glock Files

Notices

Old February 18, 2020, 07:49   #1
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Glock trigger upgrades

My G20 has an unusually mushy trigger even for a Glock. I know there are upgrades out there. But I hesitate believing the advertisement hype.

Is that any particular trigger upgrade some of you have done that you would recommend for a utilitarian piece and woods pistol?
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 11:49   #2
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
My brother and I both have Lone Wolf triggers that have been great.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 12:24   #3
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
The factory Glock "minus" connector is a good upgrade.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2020, 12:48   #4
Whydah
Registered

Thanks, guys. I'll check out both.

Update: After looking over the above two recommendations and a lot of reviews I ordered two Ghost trigger connectors w/springs. Great reviews. Relatively cheap for that first step. I'll install them on the G20 and a G19.

Last edited by Whydah; February 18, 2020 at 16:27.
Old February 19, 2020, 00:09   #5
Elwarpo
Registered

FALaholic #: 38498
I have both an apex and lone wolf. Of the 2 I find the apex nicer. Both are much better than glock, but still bad compared to a decent factory SA/DA.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” Edmund Burke
Elwarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 00:46   #6
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
Thanks, guys. I'll check out both.

Update: After looking over the above two recommendations and a lot of reviews I ordered two Ghost trigger connectors w/springs. Great reviews. Relatively cheap for that first step. I'll install them on the G20 and a G19.
The only Ghost connector I liked was the Pro 3.3. It's about like the Glock minus connector. The heavier trigger spring you have on order will reduce pull weight some. I dont recommend reducing the striker spring weight except for target practice. I run the factory Glock striker springs in mine.

The latest connector I bought was a Black Yikes from the Glock Store. It doesn't have the wall at the end of the trigger pull, so instead of a two stage trigger it feels more like a typical AK trigger. A long steady smooth pull then sudden release. I like it.

My trigger pull usually measures around 5 pounds. If you have any grittiness you can take a dremel with a felt bob and some rouge and hit the striker safety plunger and spots on the trigger bar that have roughness or burrs. Another area to inspect is the striker channel. The striker spring and cups need to move freely inside the striker sleeve. I run the maritime cups in my guns. Less surface area.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2020, 07:50   #7
Whydah
Registered

The folks at Ghost recommend running the 6# striker spring for both the .45 and 10mm guns. I'm looking forward to this one simple installation to see what the improvement might be.

Would installing a trigger assembly in conjunction with the Ghost 3.5 provide additional improvement?

While I have everything out I plan on polishing things up.
Old February 19, 2020, 09:44   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
The Glock Store has videos of glock improvements that might be worth your time.

https://www.glockstore.com
Old February 19, 2020, 10:21   #9
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
I found it odd that my glock 20 also had a mushy trigger when my other dozen glocks don't.

I just went with a lone wolf 3.5 connector bar. It didnt really change the weight of the trigger but it made it far more crisp with a noticeable break.
Old February 19, 2020, 18:17   #10
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
I have a 3.5-lb Ghost connector in all of my Glocks. Some are smoother than others but all are better than how they were when they were factory new.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 13:51   #11
LKY_13
Sig Sauer Me
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41000
I run OEM minus connector / OEM polished internals exclusively.

Barrels and extractors are the only non OEM parts I utilize. With the latter being the only part I see as a need type of situation for duty use. YMMV.
LKY_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 18:30   #12
Whydah
Registered

The Ghost 3.5 and springs arrived today. I installed one set in my G19, including the 6# striker spring.

Between the G19 with the upgrade and the stock G20, I can't tell the difference. Maybe the G20 has a scoouch of more take-up, but its only by a degree.

At least this experiment didn't 'break the bank'.* Maybe I'll notice some improvement on the range. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some polishing compound and felt tips for my Dremel and do some polishing.

Update: I installed the Ghost 3.5 as well as the 6# striker spring into the G20. Once completed, the slide would not mate with the lower. It would slide almost all the way then stop as if it were hitting something. I rechecked the trigger group to be sure it was seated properly. Check! Block and slide stop correct. Still wouldn't seat on the lower. So, I removed the 6# striker spring and re-installed the stock striker spring.... fit perfectly! Maybe one of you who knows a hell of a lot more than I do can explain why that happened. The 6# striker spring fit perfectly in the G19 and everything functions correctly.
Oh, I do notice an improvement on the G20. Take-up is shorter. Positive re-set. Pull may be a bit lighter.

Last edited by Whydah; February 22, 2020 at 11:19.
Old February 23, 2020, 19:17   #13
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
The factory Glock "minus" connector is a good upgrade.
If you only do one thing.... do this! ^^^^
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2020, 12:36   #14
Whydah
Registered

"Life is hard. Its even harder when you are stupid!" I'll attribute that to The Duke. I just discovered how stupid I have been.

I installed ALL of the supplied springs to both Glocks, including the safety plunger spring. Both triggers are now WAY better! Now, here's the stupid part...

After installing the 6# striker spring on the G20, the slide would not mate back with the lower. I changed springs back and forth between the 6# spring and the stock spring. It worked with the stock spring until it didn't. So after re-installing those little devilish striker spring 'cups' a dozen times I finally figure the reason the slide was not fully mating was because I had accidentally re-cocked the striker. Once I pushed in the plunger and de-cocked, the slide slipped right into place just like it would have had the person known what the hell they were doing!

Lesson learned.
Old February 25, 2020, 13:21   #15
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
If you don't do something a lot then it's easy to make mistakes. Thanks for telling us yours so we can learn from them.