The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old October 15, 2019, 18:06   #1
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
What have You Done "Gun Related" or "Weapons Related" This Week? If Any?

I have a bunch of guns. So I'm always working on one or several gun projects.

This week I tighten my M16A4 perfect (LOL) clone barrel.
I went with the brass option. I'll see this weekend if my 100 yards groups shrink. I won't be shooting variable semi-obstructed targets...just targets for zero. And then going to target 300 yards with it.

I received a new Rem 870 follower. I rarely shoot from the magazine but when doing combat reloads some shells got stuck in between the follower bulge and the receiver edge. I had an old piece of crap follower with a bulge. Got one without it and now the combat reload feed is fullproof. This shell sticking happened lately as I used a different angle when feeding the slide.
Also got a new ejector spring and rivet replacement for the future.
I'm also gonna have to install a larger bead sight since the old one fell off last weekend....LOL

I order a new ACU Multicam Propper pants for the range. I'm going to the range 8 times a month now. Need new shit to wear....LOL

Got my 300winmag sniper rifle ready for Saturday. Covered the critical areas of the scope to shoot in the sand environment. (My M16A4 clone and AR10 came back all full of sand last weekend).

Gonna pick up my SAR1 Ak at the gunsmith (range). I provided the threading die, starter and slant breaks for him to thread it to 14x1. I could have done it provided a handle but no way will I screw one of the
original Romanians I first got.

Cleaned 100 45LC wax bullet cases from my previous Quick Draw session.
Practicing my Quick draw "fanning" shot every night in preparation for
this weekend. I have the initial thumbing draw down but wanted to speed the fanning.

Boy, will I be disappointed if it rains this weekend....LOL

-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; October 31, 2019 at 12:43.
MOS11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2019, 18:21   #2
MOS11C
Registered

Next week I want to finish building a feed tower for my betamags.
I have dumped them many times without issue and Betaco guarantees their polymer towers for life....But I'm a metal dude (lol) and started building one from a Brownells aluminum mag last week. It's a precision job so I need to take my time cutting the angles..

-
-
--
Old October 15, 2019, 18:22   #3
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
This past week.....

I disassembled my Kel-Tec P32 and gave it a thorough cleaning including both magazines. After re-assembly I put it away for the winter. I use the P32 as a warm weather carry piece but now that cold weather is starting to arrive I switch to another carry piece. A S&W 642 Airweight Centennial and sometimes a Kahr CM-9. I have pocket holsters for each and got them out.

I also inspected and wiped down my Colt 3rd Gen SAA. Ditto my S&W US Army Model 1917. I keep these two in padded pistol pouches and inspect them on a regular basis.

One final chore. I replaced the battery in the electronic sight mounted on my Bushmaster M4 carbine. I keep the Bushy available with a loaded 30 round magazine to repel boarders if you know what I mean.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2019, 18:33   #4
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Cleaned 6 Glocks,,,a 1911,,and finally cleaned my SW Shield,,,after 500 rounds or so,,for the first time ever,,,,,.

Really bad habit of late,,,past 20 years,,,,carry and shoot something till its filthy,,drop it into a box,,,pick up and carry something clean,, and shoot it,, until its filthy,,drop in box,,repeat process.

It helps to have a large ass collection.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2019, 19:36   #5
blakefromtx
Registered

FALaholic #: 81658
This week was a good mail week. Imbel kit came in, and a new FAL mag. Gave bolt actions some love. Took the Mauser K98k out to the range. Started working on my Lee Enfield no.4 Mk1 again.
blakefromtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2019, 21:50   #6
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
What guns?
Old October 15, 2019, 23:14   #7
4x401
Registered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Spent a couple hours tinkering on a friends Rock Island MAPP .22TCM 9R.

It was having a failure to extract issue (that I found out via youboob was prevalent on MANY a .22 TCM).

I received the piece with a spent case stuck in the chamber. After a half dozen pogo's, I ripped the rim off the case.. Well, I guess its NOT an issue with a weak extractor spring, or broken extractor.

I removed the slide assembly, and pulled the barrel. Some Youboob folks alluded to crappy chamber reaming on more than a few of these...that was defiantly the case with my friends.

Some background on the .22 TCM/.22 TCM 9R is warranted at this point for those unfamiliar with the round (as I was).

The .22 TCM & TCM 9R is a .223 case cut down to 1.22 in. and reformed from the parent 1.750 case. (NOT a necked down 9mm as a few youboobers claim ).

The TCM retains the same shoulder angle as the .223 (23 deg.), but the case neck is slightly shorter. Probably because the TCM standard load is a 40gr. bullet @ approx. 2000 fps, and the 9R uses a 39gr. @ approx. 1800. Don't need a lot of case neck for bullets that short.
Another interesting aspect of this cartridge is that when introduced, it was loaded in brass cases.....Latter ammunition has gone to Nickel plated cases...The obvious reason for that is to help with Extraction issues..

The .22 TCM is chambered in rifles, and 1911 pattern pistols. Both of these can handle the slight extra length of the TCM. The TCM 9R however, is an abbreviated version specifically for the MAPP CZ pattern polymer frame pistol. I learned that magazines for the MAPP .22 TCM 9R pistol, are in fact 9mm CZ 75B pattern magazines. I even function tested my 75B magazines in the MAPP to confirm this (Yes, they functioned fine). Cool, love learning new shit.

So on to the issue at hand.

Pulled barrel from slide. Looked down from chamber end under my lighted magnifying glass.. Found that JUST the shoulder had some very rough concentric circles. It was interesting that the rest of the chamber was fine.

Obviously, some polishing was needed.. But not having a .223 finish reamer on hand how can I do that??

It was a blessing that the TCM shoulder angle was the same as .223...
And it was even better that the TCM being a shortened .223, had a larger dia. shoulder, by about .007 on average of a fired .223 case... That allowed me to use a fired .223/5.56 case as an Iron that I could apply some lapping/polishing compound to try and smooth the shitty reaming.

I chucked up a fired case in my drill press, got it running true, applied some NECO Lab grade #800 fine lapping compound to just the shoulder of the case and went to town. Cleaned and checked the barrel. Saw I was making progress, and went at it second time. Cleaned again, and was pleased to see some smoothing of the shoulder. Switched to the NECO #1200 polishing compound and made 3 more passes at it.

It looks a lot better inside the chamber now.

Obviously my main concern was creating excessive headspace doing this.

I didn't remove ALL the ridges just for that reason. Was just trying to smooth them out.

All that happened last weekend.

I'm happy to say I shot it without issue today.

God, I sound like Huey.....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2019, 23:35   #8
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Finally got around to cleaning off all of the grease and dirt that covered the stock of my CMP Garand I got a year or so ago. Scrubbed it down with some denatured alcohol and the white 3M 0000 pads and then gave it a couple coats of BLO.

Turned out nice but I have to say the caked on dirt and grease gave it some character.
Old October 15, 2019, 23:42   #9
STG_58_guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 65886
I bought a Kydex holster for my Ruger EC9S at Gander Mountain for 18 bucks. It has a locking mechanism you need to detent to pull the pistol. I really like it.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 00:22   #10
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Put about 400 rounds through my para....

Ive fallen in love with it again, just might haul it hunting with me this week. Its been my back country, or truck gun but Im thinking its time to move it up in the chain...
Old October 16, 2019, 09:07   #11
ncjeeper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65663
Took the dozer and started making a burm for my back yard shooting range.
Old October 16, 2019, 11:31   #12
Buddy Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 19204
Cleaned the following for a 3 gun match this Saturday:

Springfield XDm 9mm 5.25
FN SCAR 16
Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Also cleaned the KRISS 9mm PCC.

Buddy Lee
Old October 16, 2019, 11:35   #13
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
I added a scope to my Ruger 10/22 Target. See the Optics forum for details.
Old October 16, 2019, 13:40   #14
MOS11C
Registered

Just got back my KOOL-looking shooting glasses from my optical store.

With them and my Multicam trousers I'll be the coolest looking tactical mofo in the range.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; October 17, 2019 at 12:34.
Old October 16, 2019, 13:41   #15
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post

Springfield XDm 9mm 5.25
I got one of those in 45 acp, for dicking around at 50 yards.
They are very consistent...more than my Long Slide Glock 45...for some reason.

-
--
-
Old October 16, 2019, 14:12   #16
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
I moved my pile of boxes around looking for something.

By the time I got to where I thought it was, I forgot what I was looking for.

So, I just ordered another one.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 17:18   #17
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
I moved my pile of boxes around looking for something.

By the time I got to where I thought it was, I forgot what I was looking for.

So, I just ordered another one.
I was looking for something and found another one, so now I am looking for the rest of the parts for that.

Old October 16, 2019, 19:01   #18
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Staring at my FAL parts stash and wanting to build one more and get rid of the rest of the parts. Do I need a spare BCG for every other one of them? STG traditional on a type 2 LMT is calling me. Took me forever to get all the 59 parts. Now I have an entire kit or 3 left over. NWOBHM says type 2 is not correct. So, I'm thinking about the G1 front end with a Greyslake that I'll need to strip the paint off of.

Decisions decisions. You keep getting sucked in Just one more. No bipod. Have a Paco wood stock too.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.

Last edited by meltblown; October 16, 2019 at 19:08.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 19:03   #19
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Nothing very exciting- handloaded some .38 Spl and picked up a sling for an 870.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 19:32   #20
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Nothing very exciting- handloaded some .38 Spl and picked up a sling for an 870.
That's fine.

I'm cleaning my combat boots for this coming weekend range activities.
It's gun-related so I'm adding that here too.

-
-
-
-
Old October 16, 2019, 19:42   #21
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS11C View Post
That's fine.

I'm cleaning my combat boots for this coming weekend range activities.
It's gun-related so I'm adding that here too.

-
-
-
-
I only clean my gun for hooker related range activities.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019, 20:10   #22
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Pulled apart my Colt Army and Remy Army. Cleaned and oiled with Ballistol, ready for some BP action on the weekend.

Assembled 200 .45LC with BP for this weekend’s fun.

Checked the action on the old .303 Ross straight pull for correct assembly.

Worked on and still working on the action of my Spaghetti Henry repeater replica to smooth it out and make it less notchy.

Unfubar’d a very early Canuck breech block and installed a new 1 piece firing pin.

In other words, a normal week at my place.

“Anyone who doesn’t think the Welfare Industrial Complex is trying to increase dependency isn’t paying attention.” - Howie Carr
ExCdnSoldierInTx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 12:18   #23
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
Walked past my gun safe several times, sighed, and went back to working on my Daily Driver.

The things I'd rather be doing!
Atla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 12:50   #24
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3100
Bought 7 magazines for my S&W M&P .40 from Aim Surplus because they have them used for $9.95 each. I just received them and although they show some use, they are in great shape and functioned perfectly every way without actually shooting, which I'll do someday soon.

And like W.E.G., I moved around my boxes of junk...er, valuable firearm related parts, to find something that I didn't actually find but sent me off in a new direction, gun related.

I did trade two pairs of grips (1911 and Ruger Blackhawk) for a Weigand scope mount for Blackhawks. Mount isn't here yet but I need to move more boxes to find the pistol scopes I own, wherever they are. ???

Oh, and chased the cat out of the open gun safe.

Now I think I'll pull out that disassembled PA-63 that I tore down about a year ago and put it back together. I just found it when moving around my boxes of "valuable firearm related parts".
idsubgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 13:18   #25
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Won a couple of auctions for good to great deals. Picked up a 1911, and the best deal I've caught in a while, a 6gal high-end ultrasonic cleaner. $2200 new, will be here at the office soon for $112 total. Can put several handguns or at least 1k of .223 brass in per batch. Been using a 5qt to this point and while it works (for brass, only my smallest pocket pistols would fit in it), it made me long for something a LOT larger. I knew a deal would come my way sooner or later, and that time is now. Challenge will be preventing the wife from discovering the joys of ultrasonic cleaning stuff and using it when i need it.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 14:22   #26
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
I replaced the crappy trigger in one of my ARs with a drop in type, now just need to go test it.
Old October 17, 2019, 15:01   #27
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
Got a SPUHR stock for the C308.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 15:18   #28
TedMckay
Registered

FALaholic #: 76858
I finally made it home for a week from working in a very gun unfriendly place. I was able to shoot 450 rounds out of a fal and hk of mine. Then I test fired my black powder 9mm glock ammo my buddy made me. That was a fun range trip, the bp glock ammo shot flawless and it sure smoked up the glock. My hk doesn’t have a flash hider so lots of muzzle flash and fire. I sure missed the smell of powder killing steel plates
Old October 17, 2019, 17:08   #29
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Put the Schuster extended A2 flash hider on my 14.5" M4 AR barrel. Just need to take it to Scottsdale Gun Club on a lunch hour and get it pinned and welded. Got 40 rounds of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor, and I just refurbished a bunch of reloading presses here at work.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 17:38   #30
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Last night:

Installed Luth AR stock on one AR-15 w 18" SS target barrel (Goliath). Installed budget-Vortex scope (strike eagle 1-6) on the PSA kit (David). Both of these are for the Nearly Epic David vs. Goliath Death Match that starts this weekend...

installed combo FH/comp from Griffin Armament on the son's AR

cleaned daughter's AR to loan it to other daughter's friend so she can go deer hunting with her dad tomorrow. cleaned and confirmed scope + installed sling.

I've done zero (0) testing on any of the above "improvements". We'll see what happens this weekend.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago

Last edited by brunop; October 17, 2019 at 17:43.
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 23:05   #31
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3100
Well, got that PA-63 out to reassemble. Got a TV tray out so I could watch TV while doing it. Laid a towel out, and laid out all the parts, ready to put together.

That was about 6 hours ago. Haven't touched it since I laid it out. Now you know why it's been disassembled for a year.

Look up procrastination and you'll see a photo of me! LOL!!

Like I tell my wife, if a man says he'll do something, he'll do it! You don't need to remind him of it every six months!

idsubgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019, 23:37   #32
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

BP Grock ammo? you’re my new hero! Hayell yes!

I gotta try that with a POS KelTec.

Tonight I screwed rosewood grips onto my buffed nickel CZ75. The look of it now gets me seriously aroused.

“Anyone who doesn’t think the Welfare Industrial Complex is trying to increase dependency isn’t paying attention.” - Howie Carr
Old October 18, 2019, 20:17   #33
JohnnyReb
Registered

FALaholic #: 12093
I SBR'd my PS90.
Old October 18, 2019, 21:26   #34
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
I'm going to bed.

So I can get up in the morning and call one relay of the highpower rifle match at the club.

I'm shooting the 101-year-old 1903.
Pile-driver one a pogo-stick.
Good thing its gonna be cold. The extra padding will be welcome.

Hard to believe just two weeks ago I was packing extra clothes so I could change into them after I sweated through the first set. All of the sudden I'm wearing extra clothes just to get out of the house.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 08:38   #35
bill3542
Registered

FALaholic #: 5675
I'm loading 280 8mm mauser cases. Hornaday 150 grain Interlock bullets, Remington 9 1/2 primers and Hodgdons H335 powder.
Old October 19, 2019, 08:48   #36
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Shot at, and missed a pig...at about 50 yards.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 10:42   #37
nightschneider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1993
Pickup up some AK mags.
Got some more parts in for a Khyber pass AK build.
Zeroed a couple AKs.
Zeroed an SBR AR15...new upper.
Checked the zero on the hunting rifle.

Pretty decent week.
nightschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 11:06   #38
AFeod
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 75606
Tomorrow gonna sight in the para with some different ammo for hunting. That’s bout it... or life will get in the way and I’ll shoot pigs with my hand loads.
Old October 19, 2019, 14:04   #39
Seaweed
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 2736
I'm in Scotland, and asked about a gun store. Didn't do any good.
Seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 14:23   #40
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
I'm in Scotland, and asked about a gun store. Didn't do any good.
This one????

http://new.ersg.com/products/firearms

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 19:20   #41
MOS11C
Registered

My neck MRI Report came back this week with nothing Remarkable...so
I'm putting my Level 3 steel plates inside my Body Armor Interceptor OTV
plate carrier and shoot my guns at the range tomorrow with it.

I find the prone position a lot more comfortable with the ballistic vest
than without it...and puts less strain on my neck.

-
-
-
--
Old October 19, 2019, 21:50   #42
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

Got back on the bloody ‘files and my rifle time has dropped 40%.

Pricks!

Old October 20, 2019, 16:17   #43
MOS11C
Registered

So today the range monitor required me to give him , at least, a 2" 3 round group
at 100 yards before going to 300 and 500.
I said "no problem".

So I gave him this and ask him if he wanted a 1 or 2 inch group at 300
and/or 500 yards too...and that it won't be a problem either.....LOL

-
-
--
-

Last edited by MOS11C; October 20, 2019 at 16:27.
Old October 20, 2019, 16:23   #44
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
So today the range monitor required me to give him , at least, a 2" group
at 100 yards before going to 300 and 500.
So your range doesn't let people shoot irons at 300 or 500?

Not my problem - just curious.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2019, 16:28   #45
CG&L
Registered

FALaholic #: 27951
I have a 45 and 100 yd range for 22lr in the back yard. Got to do some accuracy test on a coupe of rifles and different types of ammo

The neatest thing I did was make a bigger bolt release lever for a customer's Rem 870
It came out so well it was kind of impressive.
Old October 20, 2019, 16:34   #46
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
So I gave him this and ask him if he wanted a 1 or 2 inch group at 300
and/or 500 yards too...and that it won't be a problem either.....LOL

-
-
--
-

Then I helped him put up this tent, to protect me from the sun,
away from everybody, nice and quiet....and I lay there for hours enjoying the day that the LORD gave me:

-
-
-
-
-
Old October 20, 2019, 16:43   #47
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
The neatest thing I did was make a bigger bolt release lever for a customer's Rem 870
It came out so well it was kind of impressive.
Are you talking about the thingy that locks/unlocks the action bar?

-
-
-
Old October 20, 2019, 16:51   #48
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Continuing to divest to the bare essentials
Old October 20, 2019, 16:54   #49
MOS11C
Registered

Anyhoo, crunching out the numbers I ran more than 3 miles today at the range.
Not in one shot (punt not intended) but in pieces....LOL
When I got home I asked myself "why the heck am I so friggin tire?"...LOL

Since I was the only YAHOO shooting beyond 100 yards, and they don't have golf carts
like they do in this other range, I decided not to make everybody wait too long for me to service
my targets and call the range "hot" again....so I ran back and forth to replace the multiple paper targets....
without the plate carrier <-------of course

-
-
--
-
Old October 20, 2019, 17:08   #50
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
So your range doesn't let people shoot irons at 300 or 500?

Not my problem - just curious.
This is one of three that I visit.
Actually, I just RECENTLY learned that there were such range distances
available there. Because of the landscape no one really is aware that they exist.
The line is a bit farther away from the shorter ranges.

So I'm not sure. I shoot longer distance Iron sights elsewhere that don't have requirements..

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; October 20, 2019 at 17:44.