Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The M1 / M14 Files

Notices

Old February 10, 2020, 21:15   #1
K. Funk
Retired Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
Just Took in a 4 Digit M1-A

Took in a 4 digit M1-A in today, 0077XX. I think it is 1976-1977 vintage. I have to get it apart and see what kind of parts it has. Its in a green M-14 plastic stock that is a bit chewed up, I'm thinking of dropping it into a nice walnut M-14 that I have with the dummy selector. I'd love to keep it, but I can't keep them all.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2020, 08:22   #2
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
If all USGI parts, I would keep it. I have an mid to late 80's with all USGI parts and it is one of my best shooters. Don't tell the FAL's I am shooting something else.

Vince
Old February 11, 2020, 08:26   #3
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Funk View Post
Took in a 4 digit M1-A in today, 0077XX.
Hey Karl

Please shoot me a note or call me when you get it ready to sell. That sounds tempting

Thanks
Old February 12, 2020, 15:41   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtz View Post
If all USGI parts, I would keep it. I have an mid to late 80's with all USGI parts and it is one of my best shooters. Don't tell the FAL's I am shooting something else.

Vince
My FALs know they play second fiddle to my M1a/M14s when it comes time to send rounds down range. Unless I just want to shoot an FAL or decide to use the short barrel/short gas FAL setup to shoot subsonic ammo through a can for occasionally dispatching a deer in the yard. I will take the heavy barrel DSA SPR with 1:10 twist and set trigger to the range but do not like shooting 2 to 3 MOA rifles at paper. They are for clanging steel where as long as it rings or falls the rifle did it's job.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2020, 15:58   #5
Democrat1
Registered

FALaholic #: 9132
I bought my first in 1978

I bought a used M1A Supermatch during the summer of 1978, SN just under 5000, and proceeded to shoot hell out of it in Service Rifle matches, until 1982, when I went back to school. By that point, it's barrel had about 5000 rounds through it, and while it would still shoot decent groups at 200 and 300 yards, it would regularly throw fliers way high and way low at 600 yards. When I got back out of school, I shot M1 and AR rifles mostly.

I finally had the M1A rebarreled 2 years ago, and took it to Camp Perry during the 40th summer I had owned it. It shot great.
Democrat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2020, 15:37   #6
wayne in boca
Registered

FALaholic #: 10926
My 1st M1A was a Springfield Armory Inc. With a sn 0072XX made in 1977.Sweetest shooting rifle I ever had,all USGI parts (H&R) with a '62 SA barrel.Of course I still have her and will until the end.