Notices

Old March 28, 2020, 05:23   #51
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I don't risk the stock market at my old age, this last crash may take a while to get back up to its last high. I look for short term quick turn overs. 9mm on the 2nd of march was $10 a box plus shipping today the same ammo is $30 a box plus shipping. Quick money that doesn't take a long term investment.
So pimping or drugs?
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2020, 08:37   #52
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
So pimping or drugs?
I leave the pimping to the school teachers and the drugs to the state, Oregon sells dope. No it just a little buy and sell that I will never get rich on but can make a buck from. You buy what you think will sell and pick up enough it's worth the time to sell it.

If you bought ammo on March 11th you could double your money in some cases but how much do you buy to make selling it pay off? When you don't run a store with a stock to sell then you have to find a market to sell your purchases. Plus it's timing, buy low and sell high but move things when you have a buyer. You watch the market and see what's moving and what doesn't sell.

CDNN had some great buys on AR parts before March 11th. You could buy a new DPMS upper with a Magpul fore end and a red dot sight for $199 yesterday it was listed for $250. You could have bought everything you needed to build an AR for $100 less on the 11th.

Ya it's not a lot of money, just nickel and dime things but you can move em along and make a buck. Little here and a little there.
Old April 09, 2020, 11:37   #53
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
As of right now, the rolling 365 day S&P 500 is down.......

..............by less than 3%............

Old April 09, 2020, 15:08   #54
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
I don't risk the stock market at my old age, this last crash may take a while to get back up to its last high. I look for short term quick turn overs. 9mm on the 2nd of march was $10 a box plus shipping today the same ammo is $30 a box plus shipping. Quick money that doesn't take a long term investment.
I hear that.

When we were starting this latest company (Q4 2012) we were short on cash because we were funding the start up. I sold .308 surplus for $1.00/round due to Sandy Hook that I'd paid $0.28/round for just a couple of years before - so I could make a couple of house payments.

I assure you the stock market didn't give back 400% over that 2-year time period. And I'm not ashamed of being the guy that hurried to buy SA Battlepacks at $0.28/rd., either.

Everyone else coulda bought some of that $10/box 9mm - I did.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2020, 15:21   #55
Bawana jim
Registered

There is a buying time coming, country has been out of work for four weeks and folks want cash. The same folks not smart enough to keep tp around are going to be selling what they choose to give up.

Yep I am just like a buzzard waiting for something to die and pick over the corpse. I got that way because I had hard times too and the buzzards worked me over good. Yet without us buzzards in nature who would help those with cash when folks need it?
Old April 09, 2020, 17:17   #56
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
As of right now, the rolling 365 day S&P 500 is down.......

..............by less than 3%............

Yep, noticed that myself. Pending a second shoe dropping the fundamentals are starting to firm up ...
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2020, 17:24   #57
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
I just bought 9mm @ Bi-Mart for 10.97 per box.

Old April 09, 2020, 17:33   #58
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I just bought 9mm @ Bi-Mart for 10.97 per box.

Good deal Terry

On the 11th of march I bought Federal jacketed Hollow points with the 9bp bullet I favor for $299 a thousand plus shipping. Nobody around here carries what I want and I couldn't find the 9bp to load my own. So ya I paid a lot for what I wanted, nobody is perfect
Old April 09, 2020, 18:30   #59
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Good deal Terry

On the 11th of march I bought Federal jacketed Hollow points with the 9bp bullet I favor for $299 a thousand plus shipping. Nobody around here carries what I want and I couldn't find the 9bp to load my own. So ya I paid a lot for what I wanted, nobody is perfect
Just finished loading out the last of my 9mm handcast. Judging by the primers I used it was right around 7k rounds. No idea what I'm gonna do with all that but not so long ago it was scrap. Now it's ammo.

Time to do a brass inventory, in fact that could be a project for tomorrow. Need to make sure I'm really done with 9mm before I switch the Dillon back to .45
Old April 09, 2020, 18:42   #60
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Still adding more Silver and Gold miners lately. As long as the Feral Government keeps "printing" FRNs then the PMs will rocket higher. Been making decent money in the Greater Depression. Hope the market crashes a lot more so I can hopefully scoop some very inexpensive properties after the banksters foreclose.
Old April 09, 2020, 18:46   #61
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Just finished loading out the last of my 9mm handcast. Judging by the primers I used it was right around 7k rounds. No idea what I'm gonna do with all that but not so long ago it was scrap. Now it's ammo.

Time to do a brass inventory, in fact that could be a project for tomorrow. Need to make sure I'm really done with 9mm before I switch the Dillon back to .45
I had to take a break, my shoulder was getting wore out reloading. Got all the different 44s loaded and changed the press then found 200 pieces of brass for the 44 So I cranked out a supply of 357 in three bullet weights and made it through enough to switch to 38s. Got started then burn out from a sore shoulder.

Weather got better and I was walking the dog with the 25 foot leash. Lab is a strong mfr now and he went after a cat full blast and hit the end of that leash causing some real shoulder pain, and he never even caught the cat

I have a great deal of 45 ACP to do yet but after that I move to the single stage press and rifle ammo.
Old April 09, 2020, 18:49   #62
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Still adding more Silver and Gold miners lately. As long as the Feral Government keeps "printing" FRNs then the PMs will rocket higher. Been making decent money in the Greater Depression. Hope the market crashes a lot more so I can hopefully scoop some very inexpensive properties after the banksters foreclose.
I saw where kalis governor is declaring the state of kali a sovereign nation which is just the beginning of seperation. It will be interesting if they print their own money soon.
Old April 26, 2020, 23:22   #63
gates
Registered

FALaholic #: 129
Hey guys long time... so, I fought the FED in 2009 -> 2020, Im a slow learner:-) but I'm not making that mistake this time, IMHO we eventually end up sub 6000 on the DOW but we'll have to have a completely failed economy - may happen but Im not betting on it anytime soon.
gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2020, 08:54   #64
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I saw where kalis governor is declaring the state of kali a sovereign nation which is just the beginning of seperation. It will be interesting if they print their own money soon.
Seriously, are you ready to exchange all your FRNs for Kali funny bucks? For real? You think fiat IOUs printed by a state government that has not been able to control itself on any issue at all since at least the 1960s is a better place to put your wealth than where the rest of the world does?

And do you think anyone else is going to answer 'yes' to the above?

Last edited by bubbagump; April 27, 2020 at 09:50.
Old April 30, 2020, 14:21   #65
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates View Post
Hey guys long time... so, I fought the FED in 2009 -> 2020, Im a slow learner:-) but I'm not making that mistake this time, IMHO we eventually end up sub 6000 on the DOW but we'll have to have a completely failed economy - may happen but Im not betting on it anytime soon.
Dude! Been wondering about you. Glad to see you post.

I'm slower than you but I think I did the same thing. What you trying to say here, get in and go long?
Old May 20, 2020, 15:04   #66
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Better to surround yourself with golden "whos" than golden "whats" .

Just saw this one, that right there is tagline worthy .

For what it's worth the NASDAQ is at 96% of it's all-time high right now. If this is the best this so-called 'bear market' has to offer color me unimpressed.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:09   #67
jugrunner
Restless
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
Something isn't right here.

That's absolutely the most ignorant question I've ever heard ..