The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old October 08, 2019, 09:03   #1
IDFman121
Registered

FALaholic #: 8098
Daewoo Buttstocks

I have one of the fantastic reproduction Daewoo pistol grips sold by our fellow board member......but has anyone ever looked into making a reproduction of the original Daewoo K2 buttstocks? It seems like the plastic portion could be injection molded where it could then be either attached to a Stormwerkz folding stock adapter or moded to a fixed bracket for attachment to the DR-200 ban era guns.

I would just like the original lines restored to my rifle, even though a repro K2 stock would swing out left instead of to the right on my rifle. If it has been addressed in the past sorry to cover old ground.

Cheers,

Steve
Old October 08, 2019, 18:28   #2
Syntax Error
Registered

FALaholic #: 73817
I've thought about trying to adapt the spare K2 stock that I have to my DR-200, but the problem is that the K2 lower receiver and the DR-200 lower receiver rear ends are totally different - the K2/AR-100 lower receiver has the locking lug for the stock built into the forging whereas the DR-200 lower has it milled away for the god-awful Clinton-era Hillary hole thumbhole stock.

So far the easiest way to adapt a DR-200 to a folding stock is to use a Stormwerkz or ACE folding stock adapter. One day I will try to fabricate a locking adapter for the DR-200 so it will fit the K2 folding stock that I have but I've got far too many other things going on to focus on that at the moment.
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote