Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Competitive Shooting

Notices

Old September 12, 2019, 13:42   #1
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
2020 events?

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there are events being planned for a Rockcastle spring 5k & 10K R-n-G, spring 2020 FALFest, or another RBGC R-n-G for 2020? Or anything in the South East region besides these?

I want to plan ahead and figure out training so I can avenge myself against...myself and my poor performance in my 1st R-n-G
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2019, 19:38   #2
ElTigre
Registered

FALaholic #: 79507
Way way way down the road but Zombie 2020 is gonna be a team match in November at the Rock.
ElTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2019, 12:22   #3
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Oklahoma Run N Gun near Pawnee Oklahoma is Jan 18th, and July 11th or 18th.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2019, 13:24   #4
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Oklahoma Run N Gun near Pawnee Oklahoma is Jan 18th, and July 11th or 18th.
That's too far for me personally to drive but I think the idea of a R-n-G in the SNOW would be awesome ! Like it could be an Olympic event or something...

It would be neat to see how people would handle it...skis, snow shoes or just slogging through with boots. Could have a stage where you have to sled down a hill to get to your objective... or a stage with hand-to-to hand combat where you have to wipe out a snowman... or shoot from inside a dead Tauntaun. So many possibilities !
Old September 13, 2019, 16:27   #5
Eeben
Registered

FALaholic #: 72911
You can always come to mine in two weeks but I''l be doing two in NC next year and hopefully expanding to VA.
Eeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2019, 21:48   #6
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeben View Post
You can always come to mine in two weeks but I''l be doing two in NC next year and hopefully expanding to VA.
I'd love to but I'm tapped out on discretionary funds for the rest of this year, plus I might get stuck working on that weekend so just couldn't commit to it. I thought seriously about going but just not in the cards for this year.

I saw the pics and the video and looks like a great event. Hope to be able to make it next year to one of them
Old September 16, 2019, 16:36   #7
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Lord (and all interested parties) willing, we'll have the Rockcastle Run N Gun in March and the Legion 9/11 Memorial RNG in September again.

Rockcastle Shooting Center
Park City, KY
Old September 16, 2019, 16:37   #8
kotengu
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeben View Post
Keep me in the loop on these. I owe you my Self as an RO all weekend, and am looking forward to paying back this debt.
Old September 17, 2019, 19:34   #9
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post
Keep me in the loop on these. I owe you my Self as an RO all weekend, and am looking forward to paying back this debt.
While I don't "owe" you anything, I had a hoot during the inaugural Gun N Run. So keep me in the loop for next year.

Kotengu, depending on the body and my progress, I might be able to do the March Rock Castle, maybe. The RBGC nearly killed me and caused me to think about quitting several times. Luckily I am a stubborn SOB, and finished the course. I'll never be fast and most likely will not be able to run a majority of the course like some of these young studs can, but I have a good time testing myself and my boundaries.

Oh yeah, but you have to have a short course, 5K or less. Otherwise you'll waiting at the finish line well after dark.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2019, 21:45   #10
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
While I don't "owe" you anything, I had a hoot during the inaugural Gun N Run. So keep me in the loop for next year.

Kotengu, depending on the body and my progress, I might be able to do the March Rock Castle, maybe. The RBGC nearly killed me and caused me to think about quitting several times. Luckily I am a stubborn SOB, and finished the course. I'll never be fast and most likely will not be able to run a majority of the course like some of these young studs can, but I have a good time testing myself and my boundaries.

Oh yeah, but you have to have a short course, 5K or less. Otherwise you'll waiting at the finish line well after dark.
Shooting well is more important than running fast in terms of placing in the event, at least so it seemed to me with the RBGC event. It looks like you had maybe the 3rd slowest raw run time, but you shot very well and placed a very respectable spot just past the middle of the entire list of competitors. I ran over twice as fast but shot for crap and finished near the bottom; middle of the pack is a dream at this point lol!

Hell I thought about quitting many times but figured the only way to the end is to keep going forward For you to keep pushing on, you are made of very tough stuff indeed.
Old September 18, 2019, 21:25   #11
kotengu
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post

We do have a 5k course, and we have several who walk the entire course. You will not be alone!