The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old October 24, 2019, 13:21   #1
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Corvallis Oregon bicycle stop.

Video is 40 minutes long but it's very interesting to me. Girl going wrong way on her bicycle is pulled over by a bicycle cop and it goes on to her being arrested by what looks like 6 cops in 4 cars. She refused to give her name so they took her down and arrested her.

https://youtu.be/KRbEMATJJyg

I lived there until the 9th grade and cops used to just yell at us kids if we were on the wrong side of the road.

Looks really odd to me because the reason for her arrest is she refused to give an ID. Oregon is a sanctuary state so are they getting real ID from the illegals? I wonder if this will cost the city money because now they have to prove everyone is getting equal treatment and this gal is black.

Made the news on tv too.

Last edited by Bawana jim; October 24, 2019 at 13:39.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 13:56   #2
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
I know a guy from Corvallis. Actually I know most of his family too. Some pretty sketchy characters out there
Old October 24, 2019, 15:08   #3
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Hmmmm,

Didn't know that Oregon had a Stop and Identify Law. I know Nebraska does.

"A peace officer may stop any person in a public place whom he reasonably suspects of committing, who has committed, or who is about to commit a crime and may demand of him his name, address and an explanation of his actions. When a peace officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects he is in danger of life or limb, he may search such person for a dangerous weapon. If the peace officer finds such a weapon or any other thing the possession of which may constitute a crime, he may take and keep it until the completion of questioning, at which time he shall either return it, if lawfully possessed, or arrest such person. For purposes of this section, peace officer shall include credentialed conservation officers of the Game and Parks Commission."

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 15:21   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

Oregon has been run by the democrat's for over 30 years.

Edited to add, the cop was a state cop that that OSU hired to patrol the area. News out today is the state cops refuse to work for OSU now. I wonder how tuff that little girl really is. Lol

Last edited by Bawana jim; October 24, 2019 at 15:54.
Old October 24, 2019, 15:53   #5
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Oregon has been run by the democrat's for over 30 years.
Yup. You live in a F#cked Up State there Jim.
Old October 24, 2019, 15:53   #6
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
I know a guy from Corvallis. Actually I know most of his family too. Some pretty sketchy characters out there
No doubt. I'd stay way away from there.

I just saw an article recently that stated that OSP will not renew its contract with Oregon State University for policing / patrolling for 2020. I guess the University is going to use Corvallis PD. Either that or get its own police force certified?
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 16:01   #7
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
Yup. You live in a F#cked Up State there Jim.
Turn out the lights since you will be the last to leave Kali.
Old October 24, 2019, 16:02   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
No doubt. I'd stay way away from there.

I just saw an article recently that stated that OSP will not renew its contract with Oregon State University for policing / patrolling for 2020. I guess the University is going to use Corvallis PD. Either that or get its own police force certified?
So are you saying that little gal run them off?
Old October 24, 2019, 16:13   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Nah - OSP's been bothering people on campus since I was there in '87. All the agencies (CPD, Benton County, and OSP) have been bothering black folks since before that. One night I was in Safeway downtown, and a black guy (clearly drunk) brought a six pack to the register. Woman said she was cutting him off because he was hammered. He called her a bitch.

By the time I had checked out (I was directly behind him, so a couple of minutes?) there were cars from all three agencies in the parking lot responding to some manager's call - no doubt about an "aggressive, drunken black man." They were giving that guy the what-for.

I actually wondered if the university wanted to have its own police force so they could have something to say about patrolling, ROE, etc.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 16:55   #10
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
Don't show up tomorrow.

It will be much more worser than.

Old October 24, 2019, 18:49   #11
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Hmmmm,

Didn't know that Oregon had a Stop and Identify Law. I know Nebraska does.

"A peace officer may stop any person in a public place whom he reasonably suspects of committing, who has committed, or who is about to commit a crime and may demand of him his name, address and an explanation of his actions. When a peace officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects he is in danger of life or limb, he may search such person for a dangerous weapon. If the peace officer finds such a weapon or any other thing the possession of which may constitute a crime, he may take and keep it until the completion of questioning, at which time he shall either return it, if lawfully possessed, or arrest such person. For purposes of this section, peace officer shall include credentialed conservation officers of the Game and Parks Commission."

Thorack
I don't remember the exact ORS but LE is allowed to take someone into custody until they are identified. Rarely used though.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 18:52   #12
4x401
MEATSWEATS Conscience....
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Don't show up tomorrow.

It will be much more worser than.

Hey!
Wait, what??:

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene".

"You will have to take a shower, 'cause there will be overspray".
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019, 19:40   #13
Bawana jim
Registered

Just my opinion but the cop should have just told her to get on the correct side of the road and move on. If he had been watching you tube he would have seen the techniques she used to bring this to an altercation. Add to that he let himself be goaded into making it all far bigger than it needed to be and he was sick to boot.

You tube has hundreds of stand up to the cop videos and the gal saw a payday in this cop in my opinion.

It's funny that I lived in that area until the 9th grade and we used to build our own skateboards playing in the streets all the time. Both sides of the road we were pulled behind a bicycle and rarely did a cop even come by. When he did he told us not to play in traffic.

We took our skate boards up into OSU and found good places to ride them and the cops never said a word.
Old October 24, 2019, 22:13   #14
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
I watched the video. The smartass student was riding down the street
on the wrong side of the road. The bike riders ignore most road laws in OR
that I have seen. I suspect the OSP officer, since he was on a bike, wanted
to remind other bike riders to follow the rules. I doubt he was going to write
the bitch a ticket.

But we have a younger generation that doesn't believe they have to follow
orders by the PoPo. And with social justice warriors in DA office,
they don't have to.

When I was a student at OSU, I didn't care about following the rules of road
either. On my way to class, with no other traffic around, I blew through a
stop sign without thinking about it. I hear a siren and looked behind me and
there is a cop car with his lights on. Got a ticket for running the stop sign
and another for not having a Corvallis Bicycle License.

Went to court and got the fines knocked down to $25. The
Corvallis PD worked that one intersection and wrote lots of tickets.

And I stopped at the stop signs afterward.

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 08:41   #15
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_spambo View Post
The bike riders ignore most road laws in OR
That is the truth! And get very pissy at all the cars on "their road". Lars Larson refers to them as the "spandex mafia".

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 09:02   #16
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
40 minutes of a complete waste of tax payer money. Never mind the drug dealers and pedophiles in the neighborhood. Lets go after teenage girls on their bikes. Unreal.
Old October 25, 2019, 09:55   #17
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
40 minutes of a complete waste of tax payer money. Never mind the drug dealers and pedophiles in the neighborhood. Lets go after teenage girls on their bikes. Unreal.
And five or six cops for a bicycle violation. Multiple vehicles and cops time yet they knew they were going to let her go. It's all good, those folks in Corvallis have lots of money to waste, those are the elite of our state, home of the Beavers and a little Beaver just pushed the State police around. Go Beavers.
Old October 25, 2019, 11:25   #18
Life Member
Registered

FALaholic #: 63053
Video is 40 minutes long but it's very interesting to me. Girl going wrong way on her bicycle is pulled over by a bicycle cop and it goes on to her being arrested by what looks like 6 cops in 4 cars. She refused to give her name so they took her down and arrested her.

The country's biggest gang. Protected by the department and most of the legal system.