The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 86 40.38%
I ordered, and received product timely 59 27.70%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 10 4.69%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 42 19.72%
I just like stirring shit 13 6.10%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.41%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 04, 2017, 21:59   #151
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
This dude & his mags is a complete write off for me. So be it. I wouldn't own a Moses mag if someone shipped me a box of em free. Done is done., he is persona non grata to me.
Old March 04, 2017, 22:43   #152
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11RZR View Post
Don't be some "holier than thou" dick. Getting ripped off for hundreds of dollars makes one want to bitch a little. It's cathartic. If you don't want to listen to it, don't read the thread. And for the record, I don't want this sack of shit banned till he grows a pair and comes on here to explain himself. I don't think anyone is holding the mods responsible for anything. But this guy has made a lot of money off the people on this site.
You must be referring to me, yes? Because holier than thou I am not. I can be a dick, it comes natural.
Something I am not is a whiny little bitch that pisses and moans because somebody twisted my titty, much as a few people here are acting. I handle it like a man, deed done, and I don't look for the closest body to point a finger at to place both blame and responsibility to take action.

Do you honestly want to go through life blaming others for your inaction? Sound like a fuk'n liberal to me. The deed is done, you've been ripped by a retailer, handle it like fuk'n man and quit the bitching already.

Show me where I've disagreed that everyone who's been ripped has a gripe.
Getting pissy because I'm right isn't going to get your money back or mags in your bag so you might consider refocusing your anger on the source of your problem. Or does someone need to tell you how to do that, too?
Old March 04, 2017, 22:46   #153
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino*74 View Post
This dude & his mags is a complete write off for me. So be it. I wouldn't own a Moses mag if someone shipped me a box of em free. Done is done., he is persona non grata to me.
Here's a guy who gets it. For the weak minded, observe how he's made up his mind, how he has resolve, how he's arrived at a point where he can move on like he's wiped the dog shit off his boots strolled on. No pissing and moaning, no bitching to the mods.
Some of you snowflakes could learn something from this guy.
Old March 04, 2017, 23:08   #154
satexas
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73373
To put this into perspective, this is not just about Moses mags that were purchased in the last few months from his website. This has been going on since at least the summer of 2014 when I sent him over $250 in PP and money orders for four muzzle devices (two brakes, and two of his Hurricanes). I still have the Falfiles PMs and personal emails saved. A total of 27 emails and PMs have been sent between the two of us since July 23, 2014 and July 28, 2016. In most of his replies, he states he's just about done with them and will be shipping them any day now, plus will be throwing in a couple of Moses mags for my patience. When I followed up because I never received them, it was about how he has had more family issues that has delayed him.....BUT, he's gonna jump right on it and get my stuff out in the next week. I have since given up on expecting any product from him and have written it off since our last communication. So, no, it's not just about mags ordered from his website. It's also about his business ethic here on the Falfiles. So, you say maybe he may be laid up and can't respond to all those who are waiting. Well, for over two years, he's apparently been able to reply to me in 27 communications giving me excuses , and has had recent contact with others on this thread who've given him a heads up on this subject, as well as offered their help. So, it's not just about Moses mags and "recent" purchases that he's not come through on. Ok, I'm done with my rant.
satexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 04, 2017, 23:14   #155
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Truly a shit storm that's been a long time brewing.

I do feel bad for those who have money tied up in all this. Looking back on it all it makes me wonder, why did it really take about five or six years to develop these? And to go through all that effort and work to ignore it now. Boggles my mind.
I don't know what his deal is, he hasn't responded to texts, not just about this but about anything. We'll know eventually and when we do there will be understanding, and possibly some chances to look in the mirror.

Regardless, I don't have a dog in this hunt. What got my ire up was people bitching about the mods and no matter what one's opinion about that is, Gary pretty much summed up the feelings of the mods. Is what it is, nobody has to like it.
Old March 04, 2017, 23:26   #156
satexas
Registered
Bronze Contributor

It is sad. For I have never ordered a Moses mag. And to think that one day, they may be like hens teeth.
Old March 05, 2017, 00:02   #157
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Truly a shit storm that's been a long time brewing.

I do feel bad for those who have money tied up in all this. Looking back on it all it makes me wonder, why did it really take about five or six years to develop these? And to go through all that effort and work to ignore it now. Boggles my mind.
I don't know what his deal is, he hasn't responded to texts, not just about this but about anything. We'll know eventually and when we do there will be understanding, and possibly some chances to look in the mirror.

Regardless, I don't have a dog in this hunt. What got my ire up was people bitching about the mods and no matter what one's opinion about that is, Gary pretty much summed up the feelings of the mods. Is what it is, nobody has to like it.
Yup...

And, to avoid any misunderstanding, my 'no dog' comment was not directed at you...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 00:05   #158
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
Quote:
Originally Posted by satexas View Post
It is sad. For I have never ordered a Moses mag. And to think that one day, they may be like hens teeth.
Perhaps one of the best after markets mags ever developed from what I've read here. Time money and effort thrown away for what reason ? Let alone one's personal and business reputation.
Something very odd about that.

I wonder if the manufacturing rights are available ?
Illurian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 08:40   #159
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illurian00 View Post
Perhaps one of the best after markets mags ever developed from what I've read here. Time money and effort thrown away for what reason ? Let alone one's personal and business reputation.
Something very odd about that.

I wonder if the manufacturing rights are available ?
The gun business is full of people and products over the years that have
frustrated many of us. I think John played on our sympathy because of his encounter with ATF years ago. No one makes a product that can't be duplicated
elsewhere. I was at the Houstex Machine Tool trade show last week and saw
some very cool stuff being used to reverse engineer almost anything. I could
have that mag or mags in an stl file in a matter of 8 hrs and have it printed the next day.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 10:53   #160
EPC WN
Registered

FALaholic #: 65612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
The gun business is full of people and products over the years that have
frustrated many of us. I think John played on our sympathy because of his encounter with ATF years ago. No one makes a product that can't be duplicated
elsewhere. I was at the Houstex Machine Tool trade show last week and saw
some very cool stuff being used to reverse engineer almost anything. I could
have that mag or mags in an stl file in a matter of 8 hrs and have it printed the next day.
A 3d scanner and subsequent 3d printer could pop of a new mold in a matter of hours. The legal battle in court over proprietary copyrighted design could take years to sort out. The market cap doesn't justify doing it or else it would have already been done. Just look how Samsung jacked the iPhone. If it made fiscal sense somebody would go there. As it stands this rifle is a niche market and only dwindling in size.
Old March 05, 2017, 11:18   #161
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post
A 3d scanner and subsequent 3d printer could pop of a new mold in a matter of hours. The legal battle in court over proprietary copyrighted design could take years to sort out. The market cap doesn't justify doing it or else it would have already been done. Just look how Samsung jacked the iPhone. If it made fiscal sense somebody would go there. As it stands this rifle is a niche market and only dwindling in size.

Yes...but.....DSA was wanting to buy around a thousand of the MM's. You take that and make a few variants for the Rock River and the Scar and you could keep
busy. The plastic FAL mag is not new by any stretch of the imagination, I have six thermolds in my stash. They are useless except for the 3 parts issue.

Old March 05, 2017, 11:21   #162
plinker
Registered

FALaholic #: 8679
I had ordered four of the Dark gray mags, 9/17/16, according to the marketplace thread they were in stock at the time, and I said to send black ones if not. I emailed him 11/7 to see if they had shipped as I had not received anything or a shipment notice.
He replied,
Quote:
thank you for your patience, I have a lot of things going on all at once right now and trying to keep up at the moment.
I will get your order out this week!
You will receive a tracking number by email.

Thanks for your business!
Let me know if you have any questions when you receive the mags!
Ok fair enough, I thought. I see this post and figure it'll be a while unless they show up very soon. http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...&postcount=581

Then this thread pops up. I also noticed DSA does not list the magazines now, in stock or not.

I am getting the feeling I'm a bit SOL about receiving anything at the moment, except a hassle.

Last edited by plinker; March 05, 2017 at 11:24. Reason: typo
plinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 11:31   #163
Grinder
Registered

FALaholic #: 3407
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
Yes...but.....DSA was wanting to buy around a thousand of the MM's. You take that and make a few variants for the Rock River and the Scar and you could keep
busy. The plastic FAL mag is not new by any stretch of the imagination, I have six thermolds in my stash. They are useless except for the 3 parts issue.
He already had these made and available for the SCAR, I have some. This whole thing sucks. An excellent product off the market and customers out $$.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 11:32   #164
ICU308
Registered

FALaholic #: 49888
After waiting for 4 months , with no response to numerous e-mails , phone voice mail , and 1 letter requesting "the favor of a reply" ; I contacted the CC today via e-mail . Did not have the patience to wait for an unknown time , with the sun shining outside . I will post response from inquiry , OR inform if the mags "mysteriously" ship , once a credit is requested ...
Old March 05, 2017, 19:55   #165
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Yup...

And, to avoid any misunderstanding, my 'no dog' comment was not directed at you...

Forrest
I took no meaning of such from your remark, my friend.
Old March 05, 2017, 20:18   #166
gordonm1
Registered

FALaholic #: 11572
I imagine a guy smoking your checks in bong hits, since he has discovered legal pot

That may not be the case so good luck guys....
gordonm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2017, 22:20   #167
4x401
MEATSWEATS Conscience....
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonm1 View Post
I imagine a guy smoking your checks in bong hits, since he has discovered legal pot

That may not be the case so good luck guys....
I would wager my left nut this conclusion isn't the case here....But everyone's welcome to put their respective Nut's wherever most comfortable.

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 18:51   #168
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Well, that pretty much sucks for all concerned.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 19:04   #169
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Sucks more for Johns family. Just saying.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 19:09   #170
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Sucks more for Johns family. Just saying.
I was including them. John, too.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old March 06, 2017, 19:14   #171
EPC WN
Registered

FALaholic #: 65612
Whoa... That's heavy.
Old March 06, 2017, 20:20   #172
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
RIP Johnny!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 20:44   #173
Tgeorgi2002
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 50534
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/her...&pid=183535490
Tgeorgi2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 20:46   #174
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

Wow that's a surprise. I'm sure no one here would have hoped for this outcome.
Sorry to hear he's no longer with us. It would have been helpful to have known his condition was grave instead of just having some medical issues.....

RIP

Old March 06, 2017, 21:36   #175
chino*74
Registered

There was a link up there now it is gone, regarding this apparent Obit. I see another one lower down here.
Old March 06, 2017, 21:48   #176
satexas
Registered
Bronze Contributor

The original Post #168 was deleted for some reason (the obit)

Also what's strange is this thread was started on Jan. 27, and Johnny died Dec. 31 of last year. Apparently, some of the posters on this thread had claimed they were in contact with him or a mutual friend of his since this thread was started. Makes you wonder who they might have been talking to, since Johnny had passed. Perhaps someone in his family was making the replies, and not Johnny himself. (see posts #54, #55, #56, #67, #139, #140)
Old March 06, 2017, 22:16   #177
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Are we sure this is the "Moses"? I thought he had posted about having a son? None listed in the survivors, maybe he was a stepson? If it's him, this sucks for many reasons.

– Harry Truman

"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 22:25   #178
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
I don't think this is our Johnny, the family does not compute. He has a sister which I know by the name Johnna which is not mentioned. Also I don't think he got married again after Barbara, and had no kids afaik.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2017, 22:37   #179
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

Okay then....he's still with us and you can now be pissed again.

Old March 06, 2017, 23:01   #180
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
That is not Moses - that's a different Johnny Glover. That obit says he is survived by his wife Marsha, and daughters names blah, blah, blah.

Nope.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2017, 00:00   #181
gangland
Registered

FALaholic #: 78148
Scrolling down this last page and accepting I would never get the mags, then a slight sigh of relief that I probably still won't get them.. but maybe possibly...
gangland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2017, 00:43   #182
chino*74
Registered

On the lighter note, whether this is him or not; this probably doesn't change anything.
Old March 07, 2017, 09:39   #183
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
No it's not him.... I'm texting with him now. "Said" he is going to do his best to get on here to explain. That the docs have him on new meds that seem to work.....Wether or not he does, I don't know. Just stating what was just texted
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2017, 09:49   #184
PenderMedic
Registered

He just sent me another saying his computer has been on the "fritz" , but that he does anwser texts.But he thinks he has his computer up and working again, and if so he.ll be up here tonight. Curious how I got an email from him when he sent me the mags recently, but that's neither here or their. .Just wanted to give this last info....I'm out of the Moses drama now, ha. Good luck to everyone waiting and to Moses health if that's the issue
Old March 07, 2017, 11:17   #185
gordonm1
Registered

FALaholic #: 11572
The lack of medical details is kind of strange for me to experience but I guess it is out of respect for somebody's privacy.

Being raised by a surgeon I get all the gory details of medical issues.

This thread is getting a bit depressing but there is still some hope.
gordonm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2017, 16:07   #186
He11RZR
Registered

FALaholic #: 78974
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino*74 View Post
On the lighter note, whether this is him or not; this probably doesn't change anything.
Thats some funny shit, dude....
He11RZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2017, 16:23   #187
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Well, this should be interesting. Some sort of new f*ckery afoot, no doubt.

Anybody who doesn't demand an immediate refund deserves what they get.

Old March 07, 2017, 18:34   #188
He11RZR
Registered

Yeah, I heard he was doin' cartwheels and back flips in his front yard when someone posted he was takin' a dirt nap.
Old March 07, 2017, 20:25   #189
ICU308
Registered

FALaholic #: 49888

Stop waiting ...
Capital One issued a credit for the mags . Non delivery of goods , and failure of merchant to reply to multiple requests for information . Best wishes to all who continue to "wait" , and good luck to Moses .
Old March 08, 2017, 07:54   #190
LDM
Registered

FALaholic #: 28304
now is when it gets interesting

Although I had already contacted my credit card company and they have told me I would receive a credit, I have continued to follow this thread out of interest.
Regardless of the reason for all this, be it medical or less legitimate, I think the Moses Mag business has probably reached a critical point of no return.
Credit card companies are applying pressure and he's likely not just cut off by now, but facing demands for refund or else legal action. IRRC someone said they had notified postal inspectors; those guys knock on your door and it gets serious fast.
In short, we are most definitely in the end game. Bankruptcy?
Nonetheless the design and tooling is an asset.
And anything going forward with "Moses" attached is toxic.
So I think there is a good chance we will see Moses Mags rise from the ashes. Albeit made by someone else and almost certainly renamed to erase the stigma attached to the name. Hopefully that won't take years, though it might.
At this stage, that revival of a fine product is most of what I am interested in.
The person no longer interests me.
LDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2017, 09:29   #191
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
There are a lot of "I's" in that post.
When did this become about you?
You are already in process of being credited and should be made whole again.

Not defending Johnny as I might have set a record of waiting for him to deliver after being paid in advance.
The Moses Mag is and outstanding product that I have yet to hear bad testimony about. It speaks for itself.
The business owner is another matter and I doubt the name of the mag will be affected if it is sold by a new owner.
If it stays under the current ownership then you may be right.
positive limitations, men in bodies being but an aggregation of the
passions, weaknesses and interests of men as individuals."
-- James Fenimore Cooper
(1789-1851)
Source: The American Democrat, 1838

Last edited by kwthor; March 08, 2017 at 09:38.
kwthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2017, 10:04   #192
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
The business owner is another matter and I doubt the name of the mag will be affected if it is sold by a new owner.
I would respectfully disagree with this statement.

Not the kiss of death, perhaps, but would take some good PR and a bit of marketing, I would think.

Last edited by J. Armstrong; March 08, 2017 at 10:53.
Old March 08, 2017, 11:00   #193
LDM
Registered

FALaholic #: 28304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
There are a lot of "I's" in that post.
When did this become about you?
"I" can only speak for myself. My statements and opinion are mine, so not sure what other pronoun you think is better?. No one has to agree; this is a forum. But as member of this forum I, and everyone else, should have a right to speak freely within proper bounds without motive being questioned by a peer.

The title of this string is "Moses mags MIA". It's not about me, it's about Moses mags... and therefore about: 1) a lot of people who at best are inconvenienced through no fault of their own, and some who I fear will be out a lot of money, and 2) a product important to our common interest that we all hope to see be reliably available in the future.
LDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2017, 11:11   #194
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM View Post
"I" can only speak for myself. My statements and opinion are mine, so not sure what other pronoun you think is better?. No one has to agree; this is a forum. But as member of this forum I, and everyone else, should have a right to speak freely within proper bounds without motive being questioned by a peer.

The title of this string is "Moses mags MIA". It's not about me, it's about Moses mags... and therefore about: 1) a lot of people who at best are inconvenienced through no fault of their own, and some who I fear will be out a lot of money, and 2) a product important to our common interest that we all hope to see be reliably available in the future.
Well said.

– Harry Truman

"The rock of democracy will founder when people think of people unlike themselves as the "other"-Teddy Roosevelt

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2017, 14:45   #195
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:

+1

Old March 08, 2017, 18:15   #196
PenderMedic
Registered

Quote:

+2
Old March 08, 2017, 18:42   #197
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yeah,

Moses just posted today about his SCAR mags. He is alive and on the board.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2017, 19:31   #198
He11RZR
Registered

You must be shitting... posted where
Old March 08, 2017, 19:47   #199
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11RZR View Post
You must be shitting... posted where
General Firearms Discussion forum.
Old March 08, 2017, 21:54   #200
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358953