The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 86 40.38%
I ordered, and received product timely 59 27.70%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 10 4.69%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 42 19.72%
I just like stirring shit 13 6.10%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.41%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 03, 2017, 19:32   #51
Fraxinus
Registered

FALaholic #: 78704
I also have an order in from late October. I emailed Moses last Monday, he got back to me within the week and let me know his situation and that he was still catching up.

I understand why you might get upset about the delay... and the reports of some of you being lied to are disturbing.... but at the same time there are plenty of threads out there about longer wait times with Moses mags. All of these threads say he (eventually) delivered, and that the product itself is outstanding.

I'm new to the FAL game, but at this point I'm still happy to trust in Moses' reputation on this board & trust that I'll get a great product when I do get it.
Fraxinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2017, 09:26   #52
satexas
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
Not to discourage you too much but I ordered some peep sights from him back when he was still doing them. It took thirty five months to finally get them. But I did get them and he threw in a free mag.

When he is buried with life I was told the best way to contact him was his phone number and leave a message.
try first:
Phone: (704) 750-9661
then: 704-807-3610
35 months?? Well, hell, now I do feel like there may be hope! I'm still waiting for the 2 Hurricane muzzle devices, and 2 brakes that I ordered back in July of 2014. Many emails and PMs have been sent and received during this time until about 6 months ago when I gave up and wrote off the expenses. It would be a thrill to open up my mailbox one day and find them in there. But, I'm not holding my breath.
satexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2017, 16:56   #53
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I'm truly dumbfounded reading all this. While I have never had an issue buying and receiving things from John I can't believe this goes unanswered.

Talking to the guys at DSA I was thinking maybe there was some 'issue' regarding sales to them. After seeing this and knowing that they wanted to
buy probably a thousand magazines (that's a lot of dough) something is definitely up.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2017, 17:12   #54
hkshooter
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
I'm bugged too. I contacted him and told him about the thread. He asked for a link but he's said nothing here. This was nearly two weeks ago.
Old February 08, 2017, 10:27   #55
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
I've told him several times about this thread, about all the comments on his Facebook page, about the comments on two other FAL Facebook pages where others were raising hell. About a month ago he assured me all orders were going out that week to please spread the message on the other pages for him....Of course nothing. He definitely knows.Im sure he,ll be back with an explanation....But now my count is up to 11 times I've been lied to..... With 6 Different excuses.Im officially done contacting him, and will be on the look out for surplus mags and see if my bank can get my $250 back since I've asked him for it a couple of times already.
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2017, 15:40   #56
82ndRecon
Registered

FALaholic #: 6589
Just heard from a mutual friend that Johnny is having significant medical issues and in fact was at the doctor's today getting different medication in an attempt to get the problem under control.

I'm going to offer to help him get the things shipped that can be shipped (I'm not a machinist so I can't help him with the brake's etc.). I don't live to far from him so we'll see if he accepts my offer to help.

I'll let you all know when I know more.
"American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere..."

(An entry in a German officer's diary found after the battle on Anzio beachhead)

Last edited by 82ndRecon; February 08, 2017 at 15:48. Reason: piss poor grammer
82ndRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2017, 21:52   #57
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndRecon View Post
Just heard from a mutual friend that Johnny is having significant medical issues and in fact was at the doctor's today getting different medication in an attempt to get the problem under control.

I'm going to offer to help him get the things shipped that can be shipped (I'm not a machinist so I can't help him with the brake's etc.). I don't live to far from him so we'll see if he accepts my offer to help.

There is only so many times one can use the "significant medical issues" excuse. This has been going on for years--same excuses. He is healthy enough to answer the phone from multiple persons and ask about this thread, but not answer? Hire a healthy business manager already, or use better excuses.

I will admit I don't own any Moses mags. After trying for the better part of 4 months to close a deal on some gray Moses mags, I gave up due to the inability to maintain any kind of communication.

It still blows my mind that folks keep making excuses for him. 35 months and no mags? Are you shitting me?
mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 09:40   #58
He11RZR
Registered

FALaholic #: 78974
Even if I do receive my magazines after these several months, using my money as an interest free loan is rather galling, to say the least. I'm not a bank. I guess I'm on the hunt for some surplus mags.
He11RZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 12:31   #59
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

Quote:

This isn't a machinist issue or a sheet metal issue as far as I can tell. These
are injection molded parts and springs. It could be a supplier/production issue
or an assembly issue not sure but not reaching out to us here on the files
is not good.

Old February 09, 2017, 12:48   #60
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
This isn't a machinist issue or a sheet metal issue as far as I can tell. These
are injection molded parts and springs. It could be a supplier/production issue
or an assembly issue not sure but not reaching out to us here on the files
is not good.
And, unfortunately, it isn't just a falfiles problem. There is also a thread on arf.com about this, with similar, and worse, horror stories and no contact.

It's all so sad...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 14:56   #61
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
It's always interesting to me how people have the time and ability to cash your check but never any time to send your stuff.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 15:08   #62
ghf
Registered

FALaholic #: 15873
^^^This
ghf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 22:49   #63
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
And, unfortunately, it isn't just a falfiles problem. There is also a thread on arf.com about this, with similar, and worse, horror stories and no contact.

It's all so sad...

Forrest
Yup, that's what I was thinking. He put a lot of blood, sweat and money into the mag project and was the only one to produce a aftermarket FAL mag worth buying.

Last edited by MAINER; February 11, 2017 at 09:39.
MAINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2017, 12:57   #64
He11RZR
Registered

Well, What A Country Inc. has got surplus IMI and Belgian mags... just ordered some...
Old February 10, 2017, 14:03   #65
EPC WN
Registered

FALaholic #: 65612
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11RZR View Post
Well, What A Country Inc. has got surplus IMI and Belgian mags... just ordered some...
Linky?
Old February 10, 2017, 14:21   #66
satexas
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73373
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post
Linky?
http://whatacountry.com/search.aspx?find=fal
satexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2017, 14:50   #67
82ndRecon
Registered

FALaholic #: 6589
Well, made the offer to help via text message and got a reply back that he welcomed the help and he would let me know when he was ready for me to come over as he was doing the secondary mag operations now.

This was Wednesday.
"American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere..."

(An entry in a German officer's diary found after the battle on Anzio beachhead)
82ndRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2017, 09:02   #68
EPC WN
Registered

Quote:
Well, made the offer to help via text message and got a reply back that he welcomed the help and he would let me know when he was ready for me to come over as he was doing the secondary mag operations now.

This was Wednesday.
Progress!
Old February 12, 2017, 10:54   #69
PenderMedic
Registered

Update........Checked with my bank on getting my money back, as I've asked him 3 times for the cash back over the last 3 months....So they said they would notify him , and give him a week to anwser , then after that they would take the money back.Got a text from him a couple of days later, saying that they have been shipped, and is including an extra mag for the delay.I let you know if I get them.
Old February 13, 2017, 14:52   #70
He11RZR
Registered

BTW... Just received my Israeli IMI mags from "What A Country, Inc." that I ordered on Feb. 10th. They were advertised as good -very good. These were all very good with a few rub marks, no apparent wear at the feed lips, all cycled great.(Only put 5 rounds through each). No dents. One mag had just a smidge of surface rust that wiped right off, no pitting. $26.95 each.
Old February 13, 2017, 18:14   #71
PenderMedic
Registered

Good deal...Think next paycheck I'm going to order a few if they still have them. Thanks for the intel
Old February 13, 2017, 21:24   #72
He11RZR
Registered

No prob... The Belgian mags were $29.95... I'm a cheapskate...so I got the israeli.
Old February 15, 2017, 14:07   #73
PenderMedic
Registered

Recieved my Moses mags yesterday. Once my bank got in touch to retrieve the money he sent them out.Was told by my bank I had only a couple of days left or they couldn't do anything about it (3 month limit)....So I acted.
Old February 15, 2017, 16:55   #74
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Kind of sad is that you had to get the bank involved, and even sadder that you got results out of it. Sad for the ones still waiting on Moses to deliver..
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2017, 19:17   #75
He11RZR
Registered

Yeah, guess i'm gonna just write this one off and forget about it. This guys total lack of Character, Honor and Respect for others shows his problems are worse than mine. But I don't envy the massive bad Karma shitstorm that'll inevitably come his way...
Old February 15, 2017, 21:12   #76
EPC WN
Registered

You'll get them. This guy spent years of his life making these things right. No way I'm buying he's gonna hit a lick and run. Shit happens. Moses is obviously shipping them out now. It'll work out. The delay sucks, but such is life. I hope Moses is getting well.
Old February 16, 2017, 12:39   #77
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
As Moses is shipping them out again, think I'll order a couple more.
Old February 16, 2017, 23:33   #78
oleblu72
Registered

FALaholic #: 29908
Quote:
You'll get them. This guy spent years of his life making these things right. No way I'm buying he's gonna hit a lick and run. Shit happens. Moses is obviously shipping them out now. It'll work out. The delay sucks, but such is life. I hope Moses is getting well.

I have to agree with this I have never bought anything off of Moses but just being a member here and reading the posts associated with his mag he's put far to much work into his mag to just walk off now . He must have some huge problems for the way he's behaving I hope he gets it all straightened out.

Mark
oleblu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2017, 23:11   #79
PenderMedic
Registered

By all means , order order order from him guys.. .It only took damn near legal action to get my order shipped to me.. ... I have 6 other friends that haven't heard shit , that placed orders well before me.......They waited longer than 3 months so they're out of luck. But I'm sure they'll get them, like the other guy here, that it took "32 months" for him to get his order... 32 damn months.
Old February 20, 2017, 00:03   #80
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
Ya I will certainly post here when I receive my mags (4 of them). Placed my order mid Oct. last year., maybe in a few years I'll get em...
Old February 20, 2017, 08:44   #81
LDM
Registered

FALaholic #: 28304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderMedic View Post
Recieved my Moses mags yesterday. Once my bank got in touch to retrieve the money he sent them out.Was told by my bank I had only a couple of days left or they couldn't do anything about it (3 month limit)....So I acted.
I have been a member here several years, but don't post much unless I think it might be useful to someone. I have not had anything to add to this string until now.
I ordered two mags 30Sep16. A couple of emails in Nov and early Dec were answered, but after that my emails went unanswered. This pretty much reflects what other folks have experienced.
I have been in business 30+ years and when people who owe you stop communicating it almost always ends badly.
Based on PenderMedic's post above, it is apparent Moses has some mags and only sent them because he was going to have to refund the buyer. I consider that a bad sign as well. It eliminates "out of stock" as a plausible excuse, if it ever was one. It also signals the refund money is worth more to him than the product.
So, he is still there. He has some mags. And he is refusing to communicate.
I have contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute. They have credited my account and they will sort it out with Moses. For those who bought by credit card and like me have reached the end of their patience, you might call your credit card company and see what they can do.
I would not wait too long.
Businesses that lose orders often fail. And for those who have never been owed money or product by an entity that goes into bankruptcy, I can tell you first hand that you are screwed.
It is a good product. The design and tooling & dies is an asset.
I suspect we will see Moses mags again down the road made by someone else. That is a business observation beyond the persons and particulars of this case. It has happened many times.
Good luck.
LDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2017, 14:21   #82
falmouth308
Registered

FALaholic #: 19133
I just had my CC Company remove the charge from my account due to the lack of response to my emails of phone calls. This is a disappointment because I have six of his mags and wanted four more in green. They work without fail and fit my ITW magazine holders. Just wish John the best and hope his mags are available again in green.

When people who can risk $120 are getting what they have ordered I will be in line again
Old February 20, 2017, 15:44   #83
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Wonder what Mark from ARS would say about haveing too wait month's for an order.Mark only sell's item that he actually has on hand,not item's that he never had.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2017, 20:39   #84
PenderMedic
Registered

LDM ......Good post. And just FYI all.....Yes all 8 mags run flawlessly....F'N great product. But from now on will ONLY order through a 3rd party like DSA.... Hopefully he.ll be back .Like I said before , I actually got in touch BEFORE I ordered to make sure they were in stock, told yes, and ordered immediately.Will never trust again.I know the guy is a good hearted guy, and I feel for him. But don't lie to me.
Old February 21, 2017, 20:31   #85
wanneroo
Registered

Quote:
Will never trust again.I know the guy is a good hearted guy, and I feel for him. But don't lie to me.
Wouldn't that be an oxymoron?

"He lied to me but he's a good hearted guy that I feel for."

OK.
Old February 22, 2017, 14:51   #86
fireplug
Registered

Its small amounts of money here that is tied up,just think of it as a donation too Moses for his health issue,bless your hearts for helping him ..
Old February 22, 2017, 16:48   #87
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I'm not sure what exactly is involved with the "medical issues",but seriously....Moses...you have a good and recognized product.We all followed you thru the concept/design/engineer/manufacture process. Take this how ever you want,I guess,but you really,really need to get a partner,or hire a manager,or get some individual or business to get these thing rolling out in a timely fashion. You should literally be swimming in money right now. This is your Model T...and they ain't making it out fast enough,or in enough quantity.
Seriously consider any offers of help you might be offered.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2017, 21:48   #88
Slo cat
Master Metal Checkerer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 11908
I ordered 3 10 Round & 5 15 Round Moses FAL Mags on August 17th, sent him $224 cash. He emailed he received the cash Aug. 24th. He didn't reply to my last PM to him in Dec.

I've been silent about this til now, giving him the benefit of my doubts. Over six months now. Reading about all you other guys who are not getting their orders filled leaves me thinking this will be a write-off.
Slo cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017, 09:59   #89
fireplug
Registered

Favorites can do no wrong here on Fal Files,anyone else would of been banned a long time ago for theft.
Old February 23, 2017, 10:47   #90
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Be that as it may, the total lack of comms and the repetitive nature of this problem is inexcusable. Spending ones life " making things right" is a poor excuse for doing them right in the first place. I suffered through it once because, like many here, I feel Johnny is a good guy at heart and I was sympathetic to his alleged problems. I felt the same as you. I even posted a review that I believed was objective and minimally negative - his retort was, shall we say, not entirely accurate. I unwisely deleted the review believing it was no longer necessary or productive. While my situation was eventually mostly resolved, in view of the continuing disaster I can not in good faith defend the man any longer. This board is no doubt a significant source of business and recommendations for him. yet the fact that he has not even bothered to post a single response here indicates either 1) he is no longer monitoring this asset and/or 2) he does not care to respond. In either case, enough said.

As unfortunate as his personal situation may be ( and believe me, I do sympathize ), if one is going to be a success in business one must, among other things, have a plan for such contingencies and MOST ESPECIALLY keep the communications open and up to date. People will accept, forgive, or otherwise tolerate a great deal as long as they are actively kept in the loop. At this point there is simply no excuse. Anyone who orders anything from him knowing his business history to date pretty much deserves what they get. Most unfortunate but true.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; February 23, 2017 at 10:56.
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017, 10:59   #91
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Favorites can do no wrong here on Fal Files,anyone else would of been banned a long time ago for theft.
It pains me to say it, but while I believe "favorites", which usually implies a basically decent track record, do deserve a little leeway in some circumstances, in this case you are spot on. I frankly wonder what would have to be done to expedite a ban. If this thread does not pretty much comprise a mass complaint of theft, I don't know what does.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; February 24, 2017 at 09:35.
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017, 11:22   #92
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

i just checked to see his log in status and he hasn't logged in since last
November. Also to date no one has posted any negative feedback.
It appears everything was golden last November even mentioning
that new stuff was coming off the molds like the new colors
the Scar 17s and the DPMS pattern mags.

Really makes you wonder. It would seem that he wants to end
his career in the biz. He went thru some serious stuff years ago
over a FAL with the ATF but that's hardly an excuse today.

John,

If you are reading this do us all a favor and respond so those that have
taken their hard earned money and vested it with you get some
comfort in knowing you are a man of your word.

2ba

Old February 23, 2017, 11:26   #93
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
It pains me to say it, but while I believe "favorites", which usually implies a basically decent track record do deserve a little leeway in some circumstances, in this case you are spot on. I frankly wonder what would have to be done to expedite a ban. If this thread does not pretty much comprise a mass complaint of theft, I don't know what does.

Yep if push came to shove it's enough to be criminal. No telling
how many sent 200.00 or more. The interesting
part is the patience of guys like Slocat...6 months
ouch I would be pissed.

Old February 23, 2017, 12:16   #94
PenderMedic
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Wouldn't that be an oxymoron?

"He lied to me but he's a good hearted guy that I feel for."

OK.

Yeah.....You're right. Can't really argue with that.
Old February 23, 2017, 20:16   #95
wanneroo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo cat View Post
I ordered 3 10 Round & 5 15 Round Moses FAL Mags on August 17th, sent him $224 cash. He emailed he received the cash Aug. 24th. He didn't reply to my last PM to him in Dec.

I've been silent about this til now, giving him the benefit of my doubts. Over six months now. Reading about all you other guys who are not getting their orders filled leaves me thinking this will be a write-off.
I'd would contact the USPS postal inspectors without delay. Getting a letter or visit from the postal inspectors has helped many find new found health and energy to ship out products.

Like I said before it's always amazing how much energy and vigor some have in getting their mail, pocketing your cash, going to the bank to cashing your check, but suddenly become quivering messes unable to get to the post office to ship out your stuff. In fact, USPS, UPS and Fedex will actually even pick up packages from your house too if you set up an account with them.
Old February 23, 2017, 21:11   #96
He11RZR
Registered

Yeah, just lodged a complaint with the FTC. Sent my emails, receipt, link to this thread. Will f/u tomorrow with a call. ftccomlaintassistant.gov.
Old February 23, 2017, 21:19   #97
He11RZR
Registered

Next step will be the FBI Internet Crimes Complaint Center (IC3) for which this qualifies due to the number of people ripped off. I'll send the same info I sent to the FTC. Not expecting much but you never know. Feds might like some low hanging fruit.
Old February 23, 2017, 22:57   #98
SteelGreyML
Registered

FALaholic #: 68116
Sorry to hear about the trouble some of you are having.

My experience has been quick replies, custom mag builds and fast shipping... and I am not some big time buyer. Just another gun enthusiast like most of you. I have been very happen with the product. Hopefully things turn out OK.
SteelGreyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2017, 11:11   #99
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Proof that John could care less about sending out what he owes too the members here, and only sent PenderMedic her magazines so he would not lose money that was sent too him,and in doing so skipped over a bunch of other orders that were due too be shipped way before PenderMedics was.

Last edited by fireplug; February 26, 2017 at 10:10.
Old February 24, 2017, 11:46   #100
PenderMedic
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Proof that John could care less about sending out what he owes too the members here, and only sent PenderMedic his magazines so he would not lose money that was sent too him,and in doing so skipped over a bunch of other orders that were due too be shipped way before PenderMedics was.
Exactly my point earlier, which surprised me when people were under the impression that " they are now being sent out"....My husband also offered to drive down there a couple of months ago, and was told there was no need. That everything was about to ship. (I'm female by the way,haha)