The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2019, 00:17   #1
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
NZ Gun Ban first of my FALs to be Surrendered

hey all, about 2 hours ago I surrendered the first 2 of my FALs to the NZ Police for destruction ! before anyone asks they where registered restricted firearms and I have no choice in the matter

these are my "modernized Para's"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6600.JPG (11.5 KB, 279 views)
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 00:43   #2
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,744
Could you have sold off the parts ? Minus receiver?
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:27   #3
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor
 
Hebrew Battle Rifle's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5777
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
I have no choice in the matter
Yes you did. You had the choice to resist or submit. You chose to submit.
__________________
THANK YOU JESUS
Hebrew Battle Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:31   #4
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
according to the New Laws any part that can be used on a now "prohibited" firearm are also prohibited

you get paid less for the parts better to surrender a complete Rifle where possible, currently they aren't paying for FAL/L1A1 Receivers or gas system ? only Listed Bolt, carrier, Barrel, stock, Trigger
AR15 & AK type Rifles have a slightly more comprehensive parts list ! yet they don't currently list AR15 Lower
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:32   #5
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,942
Sucks.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:33   #6
Charles_The_Hammer
BANNED
 
FALaholic #: 76904
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: FUSION CENTER
Posts: 1,107
When we elect hysterical socialist women we get the government we deserve.
Charles_The_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:37   #7
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
Yes you did. You had the choice to resist or submit. You chose to submit.
Respectfully HBR these 2 Rifles where Registered and stored under special requirements with similar conditions to your F/A NFA Weapons
they can't just disappear
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 01:39   #8
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
that pix appears really small anyway I can up load a bigger pix ?
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 02:44   #9
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,744
If you have cool Fal stuff sell it here!!!
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 04:29   #10
gf113
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80887
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 48
Should have just gone boating.
gf113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 04:47   #11
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor
 
DakTo's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 9689
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indian River, Florida
Posts: 8,616
That is exactly what is wrong with so-called liberal common sense gun laws.
Registration is the first step in authority knowing who owns what and the hiding of firearms is not freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

NYC has the same registration of long guns in each of its 5 boroughs (counties) and during the Dinkin's Administrarion all magazine (box) fed rifle owners including FFL holders were notified & required to remove them from within the city limits or turn them in. This included rifles like the M1 Carbine.

The USA will perhaps be the last freeworld holdout against global citizen disarmamant.
__________________
NEVER touch another man's fries.
DakTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 05:49   #12
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor
 
Southern 7.62's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 79321
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Took a left at the big tree.
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
hey all, about 2 hours ago I surrendered the first 2 of my FALs to the NZ Police for destruction ! before anyone asks they where registered restricted firearms and I have no choice in the matter

these are my "modernized Para's"
Well, those were your "modernized Para's". Lame. What firearms are allowed for citizen ownership now in NZ? Also, I'm curious if you were paid for your property, or no?

Last edited by Southern 7.62; July 19, 2019 at 06:51.
Southern 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 06:20   #13
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor
 
Tuhlmann's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69411
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here & There, WI
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
.....
they can't just disappear
Respectfully to you OES, they shouldn’t be surrendered or disappear. They should be organized & marched in protest, ready for play, for all the world to see how Free people refuse tyranny. NZers had (have) a chance to shine and change the course of your own futures, marking world history in the name of Liberty as you go. I hope you fine folks reconsider your collective destiny as countrymen.

But you got paid better for turning them in. What is the going rate for freedom down there these days?
__________________
Future Crotchety Ol' Bastard

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle

Last edited by Tuhlmann; July 19, 2019 at 06:29.
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 06:36   #14
Douglas Wozny
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 4255
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
Yes you did. You had the choice to resist or submit. You chose to submit.
How many do you think will stand with you today on the bridge?
__________________
The Wizard
Air Dropable AND Ground Recoverable
War is an act of force and to the application of that force there is no limit! So say the philosophers (Carl von Clausewitz b 1780 d 1831) of war.
Necat omnes! Deus suos agnoscet.
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
Douglas Wozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 06:41   #15
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Respectfully to you OES, they shouldn’t be surrendered or disappear. They should be organized & marched in protest, ready for play, for all the world to see how Free people refuse tyranny. NZers had (have) a chance to shine and change the course of your own futures, marking world history in the name of Liberty as you go. I hope you fine folks reconsider your collective destiny as countrymen.

But you got paid better for turning them in. What is the going rate for freedom down there these days?
New Zealand has never had Freedom only Limited Freedom ive even mentioned that here in a thread some time back when a few US members where suggesting immigrating to N.Z, we where on borrowed time and times up ! ask any NZ Firearm Owner we knew this day would happen we had no illusions
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 06:52   #16
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,852
open ear shooter, I am saddened that happened to you. I do understand your point: it is another example of why the other side wants registration.

How long does your other rifle have left?
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 06:52   #17
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern 7.62 View Post
Well, those were your "modernized Para's". Lame. What firearms are allowed for citizen ownership now in NZ? Also, I'm curious if you were paid for your property, or no?
Standard Firearms License semi auto .22s 10 shot or less (Ruger 10/22s) & semi, lever & pump shotguns 5 rnd cap or less no box magazine shotguns
Bolt action, pump action, lever action centre fire o.k but not over 10rnd cap so MKIII .303s just scrape through

New Prohibited Endorsement to own/shoot Semi Auto Centre fire i.e. FALs AKs AR15 limited to only hundreds for pest control use only

F/A FALs, M16s, AKs & MGs still allowed but need Collectors Endorsement (not allowed to shoot)

Pistols: still allowed to own & shoot but only at Pistol Range

paid me about 4k USD for each Para they will only pay 1.4k USD for standard FAL

Last edited by open ear shooter; July 19, 2019 at 06:59.
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 07:01   #18
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor
 
Tuhlmann's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69411
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here & There, WI
Posts: 2,491
I pity you. Your reply just reminded me of how a people can be conditioned for absolute submission from the womb. I will fight that apathetic cancer in my sphere of influence at every opportunity. μολων λαβε
__________________
Future Crotchety Ol' Bastard

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 07:05   #19
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
open ear shooter, I am saddened that happened to you. I do understand your point: it is another example of why the other side wants registration.

How long does your other rifle have left?
in the wake of our second to last mass shooting in 1992 they changed gun laws where by semi auto "Military Style" Firearms had to be registered they said don't worry we aren't going to take them we just want to know who has them etc, fast forward to 2019 they are taking them DakTo is 100% correct once registered they can come take em

Dec 20th final Day to Surrender Now Prohibited Firearms, also not allowed to shoot them during this time !

Last edited by open ear shooter; July 19, 2019 at 20:23.
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 07:12   #20
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
New Zealand has never had Freedom only Limited Freedom ive even mentioned that here in a thread some time back when a few US members where suggesting immigrating to N.Z, we where on borrowed time and times up ! ask any NZ Firearm Owner we knew this day would happen we had no illusions
You are correct....I’ve said all along just because the queen doesn’t park her ass there they still run the show behind the scenes. Australia is the same. You are a subject of the queen.......not a citizen with so called rights.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 07:17   #21
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
in the wake of our second to last mass shooting in 1992 they changed gun laws where by semi auto "Military Style" Firearms had to be registered they said don't worry we aren't going to take them we just want to know who has them etc, fast forward to 2019 they are taking them DakTo is 100% correct once registered they can come take em
I also understand this is the main difference between the US constitution and others: the Amendments are not rights granted by the government, which is why the 2nd stands as a sore thumb to certain groups. Things the .gov grant are things the .gov can take away.

Would you have by any chance the note where they said "don't worry"? It might be useful here.
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC

Last edited by raubvogel; July 19, 2019 at 07:24.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 07:43   #22
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
I also understand this is the main difference between the US constitution and others: the Amendments are not rights granted by the government, which is why the 2nd stands as a sore thumb to certain groups. Things the .gov grant are things the .gov can take away.

Would you have by any chance the note where they said "don't worry"? It might be useful here.
the N.Z Police administer/enforce the Arms Act (our ATF) i personally don't have any NZ Police documents or media that relate to the common place phrases used at that time (1992) AKA Proper gander but it was Widely said and known that was there reasoning
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:04   #23
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
You are correct....I’ve said all along just because the queen doesn’t park her ass there they still run the show behind the scenes. Australia is the same. You are a subject of the queen.......not a citizen with so called rights.
when you here the words "Land of the Free" most people don't struggle in guessing what Country that's referenced to if that's any consolation !

the N.Z Police/Government aka Police State have always said "Firearm Ownership is a Privilege Not a Right" absolutely a Subject of the Crown by Birth Not by Choice
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:07   #24
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
 
gunplumber's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 96
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 26,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
Yes you did. You had the choice to resist or submit. You chose to submit.
yes. But it only works if you can find 3% of the citizens to actively resist and maybe 10% to passively support.

Apparently, New Zealand can't find 3% of their countrymen to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor . . . and to shoot the prince's men in the face.

Doesn't work to be a lone gunman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
"Firearm Ownership is a Privilege Not a Right" absolutely a Subject of the Crown by Birth Not by Choice
The only rights anyone has are those they are willing to fight, kill and die for. A piece of paper doesn't mean shit without men who are willing to use extreme violence to make that paper respected.

I'm sorry you don't have men like that in NZ. I am doubtful that we still have them here. But we did once in 1776, and again in 1860.
__________________
T. Mark Graham, Master Gunsmith
Arizona Response Systems, LLC
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:10   #25
Grahamneall
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62175
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
OES: Could you have done a .22lr conversion and kept the replacement parts ?

In Texas, we have a saying; '....come & get it...'
However, I'm not sure many would go as far as a 'Wild West' showdown ??

Sad situation you are in !!
Graham.
Grahamneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:12   #26
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 13629
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 15,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakTo View Post
That is exactly what is wrong with so-called liberal common sense gun laws.
Registration is the first step in authority knowing who owns what and the hiding of firearms is not freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

NYC has the same registration of long guns in each of its 5 boroughs (counties) and during the Dinkin's Administrarion all magazine (box) fed rifle owners including FFL holders were notified & required to remove them from within the city limits or turn them in. This included rifles like the M1 Carbine.

The USA will perhaps be the last freeworld holdout against global citizen disarmamant.
This + 1000 !!!
__________________
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:18   #27
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamneall View Post
OES: Could you have done a .22lr conversion and kept the replacement parts ?

In Texas, we have a saying; '....come & get it...'
However, I'm not sure many would go as far as a 'Wild West' showdown ??

Sad situation you are in !!
Graham.
Hi Graham, all .22 or sub calibre conversion kits for semi auto firearms ""PROHIBITED""
you can buy a GSG .22 type Rifle but limited to 10 rnds or less you can also own a Benelli M4 but limited to 5 rnd, people with Antique Lever Actions that are over 10 rnd to the shredder
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:35   #28
gw104
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 33874
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: indy
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
yes. But it only works if you can find 3% of the citizens to actively resist and maybe 10% to passively support.

Apparently, New Zealand can't find 3% of their countrymen to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor . . . and to shoot the prince's men in the face.

Doesn't work to be a lone gunman.



The only rights anyone has are those they are willing to fight, kill and die for. A piece of paper doesn't mean shit without men who are willing to use extreme violence to make that paper respected.

I'm sorry you don't have men like that in NZ. I am doubtful that we still have them here. But we did once in 1776, and again in 1860.
This
gw104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:45   #29
1911Ron
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17513
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ft Mudge Az
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Wozny View Post
How many do you think will stand with you today on the bridge?
Sadly not many.
__________________
FAL convert.
"Too old to fight, too slow to run, but I can still shoot pretty good!"
1911Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 08:47   #30
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
 
gunplumber's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 96
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 26,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
Sadly not many.
But I haven't completely lost hope.

__________________
T. Mark Graham, Master Gunsmith
Arizona Response Systems, LLC
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 11:10   #31
fal308762
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 80348
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: near davis
Posts: 115
nor I
fal308762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 11:28   #32
goon
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 9673
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
New Zealand has never had Freedom only Limited Freedom ive even mentioned that here in a thread some time back when a few US members where suggesting immigrating to N.Z, we where on borrowed time and times up ! ask any NZ Firearm Owner we knew this day would happen we had no illusions
Sucks that some asshole wannabe Nazi foreigner put this in play, and that you New Zealanders are getting screwed for it. Sorry man.
goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 11:51   #33
moonbat60
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17000
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,879
Sorry to hear that, OES. Any country where gun ownership is a government given privilege sucks, that’s why I got out of Germany.

I cannot respect totalitarian governments where they tell you what to think, what to do, what to read etc. and what guns to own.
moonbat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 12:47   #34
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 181
Can you convert semiautos to straight pull bolt guns like the English do and hope for better times ahead?
Tobias Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 13:36   #35
Black Blade
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76490
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Springville/USA
Posts: 1,798
Let them come pick it up and them give them the ammo first.
__________________
Black Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 13:40   #36
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 15514
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,566
That's sad on parts. Are all semi autos that way. You guys have some original AR-10s down your way, in which the furniture etc. would help on this side of the pond. At least in spirit your rifle would live on (at least for a while longer).
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 14:00   #37
moonbat60
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17000
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,879
Would it help if you converted your rifles to non-functioning samples by welding the chamber shut or the barrel?
moonbat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 14:22   #38
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor
 
Hebrew Battle Rifle's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5777
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Wozny View Post
How many do you think will stand with you today on the bridge?
None. Waco and Ruby Ridge proved to me that Americans no longer possess the determination to live free and the be the masters of their government. Nothing that has happened since has caused me to reconsider my conclusion.

It would seem that New Zealanders are similarity afflicted. I pass no judgement upon anyone facing that decision. Every man must assess for himself what action he will take and he alone will absorb the consequences.
__________________
THANK YOU JESUS
Hebrew Battle Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 15:28   #39
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor
 
Southern 7.62's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 79321
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Took a left at the big tree.
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
Standard Firearms License semi auto .22s 10 shot or less (Ruger 10/22s) & semi, lever & pump shotguns 5 rnd cap or less no box magazine shotguns
Bolt action, pump action, lever action centre fire o.k but not over 10rnd cap so MKIII .303s just scrape through

New Prohibited Endorsement to own/shoot Semi Auto Centre fire i.e. FALs AKs AR15 limited to only hundreds for pest control use only

F/A FALs, M16s, AKs & MGs still allowed but need Collectors Endorsement (not allowed to shoot)

Pistols: still allowed to own & shoot but only at Pistol Range

paid me about 4k USD for each Para they will only pay 1.4k USD for standard FAL
Wow. I am unsure of what type of Gun Rights Lobby you guys have in NZ, if any. One would hope that an event such as this would be a serious wake up call to what firearm(s) freedoms that you still have left, and ways to ensure no further confiscations. What a shame. Thanks for sharing your story here.
Southern 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 15:42   #40
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
OLDMANPBK's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69978
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,434
If the moment of truth comes and you realize that you don't have the inclination to shoot it out with the king's men, you should at least try your best to become a thorn in the king's side.
__________________
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. "
-Winston Churchill-

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-Patrick Henry-

Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.

If you ask the government for a permit, you are admitting that you don't have a right.
OLDMANPBK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 15:48   #41
goon
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 9673
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
None. Waco and Ruby Ridge proved to me that Americans no longer possess the determination to live free and the be the masters of their government. Nothing that has happened since has caused me to reconsider my conclusion.

It would seem that New Zealanders are similarity afflicted. I pass no judgement upon anyone facing that decision. Every man must assess for himself what action he will take and he alone will absorb the consequences.
Those events proved to me that government will use every inch of leash we give it. I was just a kid, but I came away thinking we should keep it on a very short leash after that.
Yet We keep forgetting this.

The situation in NZ is an over-reaction, and a reward to the foreign terrorists who got exactly what they wanted out of their attack. I can’t judge whether people should resist, protest, comply, or have a lot of “boating accidents.” But it sucks all around, and illustrates that we only have the freedoms we’re willing to keep.
goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 17:23   #42
FAL87
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 46079
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upper Peninsula
Posts: 293
I don't understand the logic of the left. Islam forces women to submit.

FAL87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 17:38   #43
sharkey
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77489
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 397
I feel bad for you. You lived your whole life as a law abiding subject. In the blink of an eye your socialist government turned on you. Looking to
eviscerate you for being a loyal tax payer.

You must not have really wanted that rifle anyhow.
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 18:04   #44
Flypaper
Craftsman
Gold Contributor
 
Flypaper's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 71040
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northern, MN
Posts: 2,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by open ear shooter View Post
hey all, about 2 hours ago I surrendered the first 2 of my FALs to the NZ Police for destruction ! before anyone asks they where registered restricted firearms and I have no choice in the matter

these are my "modernized Para's"






__________________
.
Flypaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 18:05   #45
HenryIV
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80384
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Owensboro
Posts: 101
Thanks for posting

I hope awareness of what has happened to you will wake us up over here and help motivate us to fight harder to keep our freedoms and rights.
HenryIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 18:51   #46
enbloc8
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 51665
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,073
Are the authorities allowing any L1A1s/actual FALs to be transferred to C-category for those who have collectors' licenses? I've heard of people applying with the help of their Firearm Officers, but I don't know if any have actually been approved so far.
enbloc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 19:00   #47
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 16,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_The_Hammer View Post
When we elect hysterical socialist women we get the government we deserve.
I would tend to agree. Germany comes to mind.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 19:37   #48
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by enbloc8 View Post
Are the authorities allowing any L1A1s/actual FALs to be transferred to C-category for those who have collectors' licenses? I've heard of people applying with the help of their Firearm Officers, but I don't know if any have actually been approved so far.
as far as im aware all semi-auto Centre Fire Rifles and Parts (military & sporting) are now considered PROHIBITED !

only a select few numbering in the hundreds will be allowed to keep their Rifles for Pest Control work i.e Helicopter Hunting (under strict conditions)

Yes a few Arms Officers have allowed a few semi-auto Rifles to be transferred over to C-Category (Collectors endorsement) but must prove the Firearm has real collector value

you can also apply for a Prohibited Endorsement to keep your semi-auto Rifle if your a reenactor i.e. L1A1 for Vietnam Reenactment or as a Collector but again we are talking limited to hundreds not thousands with strict criteria involved, its obviously designed to deter people from applying for exemption
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 19:49   #49
open ear shooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
open ear shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 48793
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern 7.62 View Post
Wow. I am unsure of what type of Gun Rights Lobby you guys have in NZ, if any. One would hope that an event such as this would be a serious wake up call to what firearm(s) freedoms that you still have left, and ways to ensure no further confiscations. What a shame. Thanks for sharing your story here.
We have a very Vocal and Strong Firearms Advocate Groups here in NZ and we continue to fight, the Government said at the Start they would deliberately not engage us (NZ Firearms Community) and fast track the Gun Ban process in direct violation of our basic democratic & civil rights to have our opinions heard or challenged

the Government made No Secret of this
open ear shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2019, 20:01   #50
STG_58_guy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Wozny View Post
How many do you think will stand with you today on the bridge?
Nobody. Only an idiot would start this by standing on a bridge. Maybe someone might help turn off the local power, or visit a local commissar late one night.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files