Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old October 07, 2019, 00:32   #1
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Need help with dates...

I've got a photo folder in Photobucket that has multiple Oregon FAL Shoot photos from different years. I just don't know which is which...

I think this is the group photo (King Shot Saturday evening) at the 6th Annual Oregon FAL Shoot in June 2012, but that is Photobucket telling me the date rather than my own title or whatever. And it looks like they (PB) can't tell me anything else of use on dates, so...

I can name nearly every person in this photo, but that's not what I'm doing here. I'm trying to 'sort' the other photos in this same folder - which can't be from the same year.

I notice here that OddCarl is in the photo, as are Tat2 Junior, Black Elk, ALL FAL, Darren/PSL54 Junkie, Rich of Oregon, Vagabond, and Mason.

Also of note: Dom is in the picture, but none of his young guys / crew / helpers are in it.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago

Last edited by brunop; October 07, 2019 at 10:49.
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2019, 00:40   #2
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Is this the same year?

Big Nate/OregonFALer is here, but neither he nor Vanilla Gorilla are in the group photo above.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old October 07, 2019, 00:47   #3
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

This is 2014...

Old October 07, 2019, 02:17   #4
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
Brunop, this ones in pretty good focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop
Starting with the left, front row (German camo shirt): gaijinsamurai, snowhawk jockey, Tailback, Tuscan Raider, Chase, and kwthor

Second row left (kneeling): 4x401, Alivia, Jonathan, Tat2 (scoped AR), Jason, Otis61, Tally, Ryno (tank-top)

Third row left (ball cap): Exit308, Kevin, jdhd junkie, Biltong Bobby (FAL), Holli (purple), JerryMRC (hippie), and Tat2 Jr.

Fourth row left: B. Frank Cox, tdb59, shlomo, L Haney, Erik the Red (South African FAL)

Missing: sportsnut, brunop, Dodge City (4 of them), Pluskat, vanilla gorilla
This is 2014
Old October 07, 2019, 02:19   #5
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

2012? 2013? 2014?

Old October 07, 2019, 02:20   #6
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Same question: Is this 2012? 2013? 2014?

Old October 07, 2019, 02:22   #7
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Same question:

Old October 07, 2019, 02:23   #8
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Brother Wayne is in this photo. Did he come down more than one year? What year was that? Everyone remember the AK-47 Drop 15 win?!

Old October 07, 2019, 02:26   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Same question:

Old October 07, 2019, 02:36   #10
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Old October 07, 2019, 21:57   #11
Brother Wayne
Registered

FALaholic #: 77216
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I've got a photo folder in Photobucket that has multiple Oregon FAL Shoot photos from different years. I just don't know which is which...

I think this is the group photo (King Shot Saturday evening) at the 6th Annual Oregon FAL Shoot in June 2012, but that is Photobucket telling me the date rather than my own title or whatever. And it looks like they (PB) can't tell me anything else of use on dates, so...

I can name nearly every person in this photo, but that's not what I'm doing here. I'm trying to 'sort' the other photos in this same folder - which can't be from the same year.

I notice here that OddCarl is in the photo, as are Tat2 Junior, Black Elk, ALL FAL, Darren/PSL54 Junkie, Rich of Oregon, Vagabond, and Mason.

Also of note: Dom is in the picture, but none of his young guys / crew / helpers are in it.
Brunop,
This first picture is from 2012, Because Fal Files " Gandalf the Grey" was there with Brother. That year was the year that my oldest daughter was to be married. Myself and a tall skinny Louisianan referred to as Uncle Louis took my soon to be son in law to the canyon to shoot and introduce him to the clan. Brother and Gandalf were coming up river, called my cell to see of my whereabouts and joined us. Latter that day I returned my new son in law to be to my daughter in "ruff shape". I thought I was in for chilly reception. However my bride of only 30 years at that time said to me " Well he should have realized that he was with the Varsity"
The fifth picture is from 2015 with Gandalf and I in front of my old blue pickup. That is the year that the AK shot true. I got to come down the next year with Gandalf, "The Funkster and Brother but I was pretty crippled up and didn't shoot as well. But after multiple PBR's myself and and young man maybe 12 or so attacked and drove off bad guys with pine cones "No Quarter, No Prisioners" These were 20 something yahoos. That was a fun time. I haven't been able to come back since but when my life allows I shall return.
Brother Wayne

Last edited by Brother Wayne; October 07, 2019 at 22:07. Reason: wrong date
Brother Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2019, 15:40   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

Brother Wayne!!

Thanks, man. That is very helpful.

And I was sorry to miss you at the farm a couple of weeks ago. I hope I see you this spring in Washington and the summer in Oregon!
Old October 08, 2019, 16:51   #13
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
When I read the title, my first thought was " Who in their right mind would want advice about picking up the ladies from a bunch of olde fartes like us ? "

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote