The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old December 13, 2019, 12:29   #1
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Republicans agree to massive spending bill, despite record deficits

Time for another beating with R/D reality stick.

Wake up, conservatives. Do deficits only matter under Democrats? After record spending that makes Obama look conservative, what are Republicans doing? Cutting a deal with Democrats to pass a bill increasing spending by $320 billion for liberal bureaucracies but not a penny for stepped-up ICE immigration enforcement.

Republicans also like to hide behind military spending. Spending on the military rose 7 percent. But what is the point of constantly increasing military spending if we won’t defend our own border, we retain 3.3 million criminal aliens in our country, we invite hundreds of thousands of Chinese students in for China to exploit our intellectual property for espionage, and we bring in millions of migrants and even military students from the Middle East? Perhaps, if we refocused our military to what it can and should deter and implemented proper immigration and homeland security policies, we wouldn’t have to throw more money at the military-industrial complex, but would still have an effective fighting force.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...cord-deficits/

Hmmm.... 3.3 million criminal aliens, and here justashooter was euphoric over Trump deporting a couple of thousand.

..........juanni

Last edited by juanni; December 13, 2019 at 12:38.
juanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 13:03   #2
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Government lives beyond it's means,,, by some coincidence the amount of money that has been spent on the War on Poverty is the same as our National debt,, a blind beggar is easier to rob that a beggar who pretends to be blind.
As long as SocSec is in the general fund we will continue deficits.

Last edited by martin35; December 13, 2019 at 13:09.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 13:22   #3
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Government lives beyond it's means,,, by some coincidence the amount of money that has been spent on the War on Poverty is the same as our National debt,, a blind beggar is easier to rob that a beggar who pretends to be blind.
As long as SocSec is in the general fund we will continue deficits.
Well actually it doesn't (live beyond it's means). This much should be self-evident by now. It's just that most folks don't recognize the means the government has at it's disposal and think there is some sort of limiter on it. And in fact there is, but it ain't what most people think it is.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 15:31   #4
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Remember the days of the quant stopgap measures, continuing resolutions, etc to ‘punt’ the budget difficulty down the road in order to avoid a gov’t shutdown. There is no longer any allusion of ever getting the US financial house in order. Our fate is locked in and nothing the Fed does or prints will save us.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 15:37   #5
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
Remember the days of the quant stopgap measures, continuing resolutions, etc to ‘punt’ the budget difficulty down the road in order to avoid a gov’t shutdown. There is no longer any allusion of ever getting the US financial house in order. Our fate is locked in and nothing the Fed does or prints will save us.
In fact this is how the Fed operates. If the guys who loan the money ain't worried about it, why should you? Has it ever occurred to anyone that they WANT you to fret, to behave this way? The whole point of this is to keep you off base and on script.
Old December 13, 2019, 21:46   #6
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
The importation of millions of illegals costs money,,, and their expectations are being met,,, they don't have no stinckin budget shortfalls,,, they never had it so good.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 22:05   #7
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
In fact this is how the Fed operates. If the guys who loan the money ain't worried about it, why should you? Has it ever occurred to anyone that they WANT you to fret, to behave this way? The whole point of this is to keep you off base and on script.
Bubba, What I don't know about gov't/Fed monetary policies you could drive a very large freight train through. Having said that I believe that gov't spending/FED actions have set us on to a road to currency ruin. My first new car was a IH Scout. It cost just over $3,000 and I payed for it in cash. Today I received an ad from an area Jeep dealer. They were pushing Wranglers.The bargain basement jeep was priced in the mid $30's. The bulk of the Wranglers were stickered in the $40-60,000 range. A $60,000 jeep is insane ... because gov't spending and policy is insane. Once again I probable have no conception of financial realities ... but at my age it doesn't make much difference.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2019, 22:46   #8
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Not gonna fix it, so just enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Old December 14, 2019, 00:03   #9
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
The importation of millions of illegals costs money,,, and their expectations are being met,,, they don't have no stinckin budget shortfalls,,, they never had it so good.
100% truth

“Anyone who doesn’t think the Welfare Industrial Complex is trying to increase dependency isn’t paying attention.” - Howie Carr
ExCdnSoldierInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 00:50   #10
loneeagle308
Registered

FALaholic #: 3246
Regardless of what partys in office, that debt display billboard never goes in reverse.
loneeagle308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 00:56   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
...Having said that I believe that gov't spending/FED actions have set us on to a road to currency ruin.

On. Purpose.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 01:12   #12
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 69978
If the debt is going to be our doom why do people keep buying it for such a low rate of return?

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-Patrick Henry-

Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.

If you ask the government for a permit, you are admitting that you don't have a right.
OLDMANPBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 04:04   #13
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Doesn't matter. We can just print money all we want. Been doing that for 50 years since going off the gold standard and no real problems. Besides, if anything bad does happen we just reneg on the bagholders (I mean debt holders) and start over with "new" dollars or some new version of currency like other countries do.

It's really no big deal. As long as you hold tangible assets (precious metals, real estate, guns and ammo), stay out of debt, and prep (stockpile food, water, basic needs, etc.) then you are good. We are well beyond the point of no return as far as National Debt anyway as there's absolutely no mathematical way in hell that it can ever be paid off.

All that matters is that people and institutions "believe" (faith and credit) that the US Dollar isn't just some imaginary construct and is actually something other than paper and cloth scraps. As long as people take it in exchange for goods and services then there's no issue. We can "print" as much as needed and get some institutions (bagholders) and foreign nations (bagholders) to buy our debt to finance it.
Old December 14, 2019, 04:57   #14
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
. . . and starve to death on the inflated dollar's purchasing power in retirement.

Old December 14, 2019, 06:48   #15
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Bubba, What I don't know about gov't/Fed monetary policies you could drive a very large freight train through. Having said that I believe that gov't spending/FED actions have set us on to a road to currency ruin. My first new car was a IH Scout. It cost just over $3,000 and I payed for it in cash. Today I received an ad from an area Jeep dealer. They were pushing Wranglers.The bargain basement jeep was priced in the mid $30's. The bulk of the Wranglers were stickered in the $40-60,000 range. A $60,000 jeep is insane ... because gov't spending and policy is insane. Once again I probable have no conception of financial realities ... but at my age it doesn't make much difference.
We have been on the road to currency ruin since 1913, when we accepted a system that ensures, with mathematical precision, that there will always be more debt than there is money. This is a fact of life and no amount of fretting or frugal behavior can change it. The conversation needs to be around how best to manage it, perhaps even move away from it if folks have a mind to. But it's here and it will stay as long as folks want it to. And no longer than that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
On. Purpose.
Just exactly so .
Old December 14, 2019, 09:07   #16
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
...The conversation needs to be around ...if folks have a mind...
none of us is as stupid as all of us applies.

ymmv.
Old December 14, 2019, 14:58   #17
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
If gunowners had voted in 2018.....................well, like I have proven many tiems..................the cash is owed to us..................who buys massive amts of T-bill? .............The rich, that's who. China does not buy much at all.

Juanni hates the USA, England, most of the EU, and is a bona fide Isis guy/alqaeda supporter guy..................man whatta civilization the muslims have made over the last 1500 years..............

Islam builds graveyards.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2019, 20:00   #18
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
If gunowners had voted in 2018.....................well, like I have proven many tiems..................the cash is owed to us..................who buys massive amts of T-bill? .............The rich, that's who. China does not buy much at all.

Juanni hates the USA, England, most of the EU, and is a bona fide Isis guy/alqaeda supporter guy..................man whatta civilization the muslims have made over the last 1500 years..............

Islam builds graveyards.
Muzzies have yet to build anything anyone born in the west since the 1400s would call a civilization.
Old December 14, 2019, 20:52   #19
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
*yawn*
Old December 15, 2019, 13:01   #20
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMANPBK View Post
If the debt is going to be our doom why do people keep buying it for such a low rate of return?
It might have something to do with the Fed buying up 40% of that debt.
It isn't like they are worried about a return.
The Fed Will Buy 40% Of US Treasury Net Issuance In 2020
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...-issuance-2020

...............juanni
Old December 15, 2019, 13:04   #21
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
DISGUSTING!

All these senators and congresspeople have "Hunter Biden's" in their closet.
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote