Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > The Great Outdoors

Notices

Old November 22, 2019, 09:33   #1
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Can you ID this mystery animal?

After my son-in-law quartered his whitetail buck at our house Saturday evening, we took the carcass out to the farm Sunday afternoon. We dumped it in front of a game cam; on Monday the buzzards ate most of it except the skin. It could be seen on the ground in game cam pics. When checking the pics, I saw this animal looking at the pile of skin. It was 8:24 on the evening of the 18th. The pic is not very clear as the creature was on the very edge of the "light". The skin can be seen laying to the left of a overturned target stand. The animal is to the left of the skin. Any ideas or is it just too unclear". Thanks!

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2019, 10:01   #2
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20438
I can't really make out what I'm looking at but those look like house cat or raccoon ears.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2019, 12:29   #3
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Baby Chupacabra? Naaa. Looks like a coon to me.
gentlemanjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2019, 12:47   #4
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
Large ears. Dog or Coyote is my guess. What is the rough distance between the posts in the center of the pic? If its 3 feet that is one thing, if its 6 then you just might have yourself one of those cryptids...
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2019, 14:10   #5
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
Large ears. Dog or Coyote is my guess. What is the rough distance between the posts in the center of the pic? If its 3 feet that is one thing, if its 6 then you just might have yourself one of those cryptids...
Those 2x4s are about 24" apart. A neighbor out there told me another man had seen two big, black cats at the gate to the adjacent property. A lady about 2 miles away has seen a big cat twice on her sandy road. Myself, I saw an animal that I first took for a deer, then as I got closer I began to think it was a dog. Until it leapt up into a small tree. When I got to that spot, all I found was a rancid, putrid smell. I wondered if this pic might show a cat of some sort.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Know your rights; the future is unwritten.
Texgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2019, 14:25   #6
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Big cat!

Not tha house kind.

We had a black panther,,,a real one wondering around here for a few months,,,and wild life folks said that was impossible,,,,,,,,,,,until the thing walked across the playground of a middle school and was caught on video for a couple of minutes.

This one,,they think came up from Mexico,,,,,,,,,,but some people bring these critters in and they get loose,,,then roam around till meeting a Chevy truck,,,etc.

Hang some meat up under a tree limb,,,about 7/8 feet off ground and set you camera up.

These cats return to areas.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote