Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old November 18, 2019, 16:15   #151
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Kroger is private property, just sayin ...
That's what I mean, yes it's owned private but open to the public. Your house is private but not open to the public...yet for the estate sale
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 16:23   #152
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
That's what I mean, yes it's owned private but open to the public. Your house is private but not open to the public...yet for the estate sale
if public then public law applies--

peaceable RTKABA and individual wearing of handguns is the law of the land, therefore, applicable in public places including open to the public Doing Business As operations.

fudd conflation of the individual RTKABA with criminal trespass is entirely separate issue.
Old November 18, 2019, 16:31   #153
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
if public then public law applies--

peaceable RTKABA and individual wearing of handguns is the law of the land, therefore, applicable in public places including open to the public Doing Business As operations.

fudd conflation of the individual RTKABA with criminal trespass is entirely separate issue.
Airliners don't allow guns yet they are public and they go so far as an invasive search to guarantee you are not armed. Yet 911 was with men useing box cutters that could have been stopped with guns. Thousands died and trillions spent because the 2nd Amendment wasn't followed. The airlines used their private property rights to disarm all but the criminals. Will Kroger disarm any criminals or just honest men?
Old November 18, 2019, 16:55   #154
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Airliners don't allow guns yet they are public and they go so far as an invasive search to guarantee you are not armed. Yet 911 was with men useing box cutters that could have been stopped with guns. Thousands died and trillions spent because the 2nd Amendment wasn't followed. The airlines used their private property rights to disarm all but the criminals. Will Kroger disarm any criminals or just honest men?
airlines are federal, not public, because the FAA.

your "opinion" to the contrary notwithstanding.

keep trying.

in the meantime while you sort it out, here is an instructional video for you:

Old November 18, 2019, 17:13   #155
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
I watched 60 minutes last night.

Colorado was featured, and its gun sanctuary counties.

Bottom line is: RED FLAG LAWS APPLY TO POSTS THAT CLAIM, REFUSAL TO SURRENDER FIREARMS to a red flag.

Yep, libs have determined that "sticking to your guns/no surrender, now equates to AN IMMINENT RED FLAG SITUATION, for law enforcement to pursue, should it be pointed out to a cop or law Judge.

Never recanting means no guns....one house at a time....George Soros at work.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 17:15   #156
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Seriously Jim, put down the JD and consider what you are advocating. You think FedGov is gonna intervene, like they did with airlines, bus terminals, social security offices and other properties fitting the 'public conveyance' model and require the owners of these properties recognize open carry? Just like they have with things like grade schools? Do you really want to invite more of that disgraceful bullshit? Wouldn't it be better to advocate for the recognition of things like private property and the rights of owners to do as they will with it, never mind be in the right while doing it?

As to 'public' access, well this is where all sorts of ridiculous things happen. Federal guarantees of 'access' is why we have braille keyboards on drive-up ATM machines (yep, for real check it out sometime) and handicap parking at driving ranges. You really want to put these folks in charge of saying who and under what conditions folks can pack heat on private lands? Why, they've done such a good job on everything else they touch, right?

Please tell me you aren't serious about this.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 17:55   #157
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Seriously Jim, put down the JD and consider what you are advocating. You think FedGov is gonna intervene, like they did with airlines, bus terminals, social security offices and other properties fitting the 'public conveyance' model and require the owners of these properties recognize open carry? Just like they have with things like grade schools? Do you really want to invite more of that disgraceful bullshit? Wouldn't it be better to advocate for the recognition of things like private property and the rights of owners to do as they will with it, never mind be in the right while doing it?

As to 'public' access, well this is where all sorts of ridiculous things happen. Federal guarantees of 'access' is why we have braille keyboards on drive-up ATM machines (yep, for real check it out sometime) and handicap parking at driving ranges. You really want to put these folks in charge of saying who and under what conditions folks can pack heat on private lands? Why, they've done such a good job on everything else they touch, right?

Please tell me you aren't serious about this.
I don't know Jack what I advocate is being able to keep and bear arms without infringement as my 2nd Amendment right guarentees. Your property rights are not more important than my life is to me. If you are going to deny my rights then we need to remedy that theft. If open carry is legal then Kroger needs to step up with a remedy for stopping folks legal to carry.
Old November 18, 2019, 18:00   #158
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
DEVO was right.

" I'll say it again in the land of the free
Use your freedom of choice
Freedom of choice...

Freedom of choice
is what you got.

Freedom from choice
is what you want."

Old November 18, 2019, 18:12   #159
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Quote:
Well I near got drowned on the dog walk, radar showed clear skies yet I got out in a thunder filled downpour that lasted all of five minutes.

Ya'll need someone around here with a different view just to make you feel better about your own view. However I am changing my life a lot and won't have the time for this like I used to. Lots to do and not enough time.
That's the spirit!

Old November 18, 2019, 19:40   #160
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
DEVO was right.

" I'll say it again in the land of the free
Use your freedom of choice
Freedom of choice...

Freedom of choice
is what you got.

Freedom from choice
is what you want."

One of the most underrated bands ever.

Old November 18, 2019, 19:45   #161
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
One of the most underrated bands ever.

She's the real thing, but you knew it all along..

https://youtu.be/8fgqzJMJBSw

Old November 18, 2019, 20:18   #162
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
I missed your incessant blatherings, Jim.

Welcome back.

I agree...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 20:29   #163
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
I agree...

Forrest
Well I don't want you guys to get stagnant, life's no fun if we all agree.
Old November 18, 2019, 21:24   #164
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
This is happening. If they feel the pain of money loss, they will see the error of there ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uiwCo29ZOk
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2019, 21:38   #165
Bama Steve
Registered

From that link above:

18 U.S. Code § 241. Conspiracy Against Rights
"If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."
Old November 19, 2019, 00:23   #166
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Nobody owns a house. You just rent it from the appraisal district and the tax office. It's one of the reasons why i quit fertilizing the lawn. It's their house and they can come fertilize it if they want it emerald green. It's also the reason why when I needed a new roof and paint, I let the contractors use whatever colors they wanted.
Old November 19, 2019, 00:39   #167
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Nobody owns a house. You just rent it from the appraisal district and the tax office. It's one of the reasons why i quit fertilizing the lawn. It's their house and they can come fertilize it if they want it emerald green. It's also the reason why when I needed a new roof and paint, I let the contractors use whatever colors they wanted.
yes.

and how does that interface with these mythical "property rights" we hear so much about?
Old November 19, 2019, 01:36   #168
Bama Steve
Registered

What do you two ^ propose we do about those local taxes on our property?

I'm all ears . . .
Old November 19, 2019, 01:38   #169
xerzes
Registered

FALaholic #: 81930
I bet they never responded to your letter.
xerzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2019, 02:55   #170
G1user
Registered

Quote:
What do you two ^ propose we do about those local taxes on our property?

I'm all ears . . .
you will pay or else you no longer get to continue to pretend that you still have your "property rights"?

but since you cannot "pay" tax debt with debtbux whereas debtbux are fiat issued by way of borrowing more debt,

therefore your beloved "property rights" are not really rights at all, but rather "property rentals" aren't they,

as such entirely alienable status bestowed and abolished by the whim of massah.
Old November 19, 2019, 03:33   #171
Bama Steve
Registered

Quote:
you will pay or else you no longer get to continue to pretend that you still have your "property rights"?

but since you cannot "pay" tax debt with debtbux whereas debtbux are fiat issued by way of borrowing more debt,

therefore your beloved "property rights" are not really rights at all, but rather "property rentals" aren't they,

as such entirely alienable status bestowed and abolished by the whim of massah.
Yeah. We should totally just kill ourselves because there is no way to actually live free. You choose your life - want all the conveniences and problems of living in a densely populated area without trouble from the trash around-you? you need a big police force and someone has to pay for it.

Live in the the rural South and you just SS&S most of the time.

All I did was just desire to live in rural America and be left alone to do my thing and harm no-one else in the process.

Taxes are stupid low out here. Combined automobiles and several properties taxes combined are well under $2K per year total.

Beats the crap out of living in "town".

That IS worth those property taxes I pay to maintain the roads around here alone.

Best wishes . . .
Old November 19, 2019, 03:41   #172
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Yeah. We should totally just kill ourselves because there is no way to actually live free. You choose your life - want all the conveniences and problems of living in a densely populated area without trouble from the trash around-you? you need a big police force and someone has to pay for it.

Live in the the rural South and you just SS&S most of the time.

All I did was just desire to live in rural America and be left alone to do my thing and harm no-one else in the process.

Taxes are stupid low out here. Combined automobiles and several properties taxes combined are well under $2K per year total.

Beats the crap out of living in "town".

That IS worth those property taxes I pay to maintain the roads around here alone.

Best wishes . . .
then you will have no difficulty producing evidence that you have "paid" this "tax" debt liability, imposed nominally against your so-called "property rights".

a bill of sale, an instrument showing the record by what means that "tax" liability has been "paid".

since you cannot produce that evidence because it does not exist, then what?
Old November 19, 2019, 04:27   #173
Bama Steve
Registered

Dude,

When I axe them idiots down there at the county tax office where the king is today and if I can finally pay off my debt to the county for having moved there and improving the land they just stare at me and then laugh.

I don't argue with them out here because where I used to live in town was really bad to the point that they would actually goad you into trying to attack them and they would say shit like "we can tax you at 120% of the value of your property and you will pay it or either forfeit that property to the city or go to jail until you pay it and we can increase that tax every year and tell you how you will maintain that property as long as you live there".

I was paying over $5K/year to live in that city in property tax for a single 1/3 acre and every time I fixed anything on the place they jacked up my taxes the next year.

Move to the country - get a trailer and live like a sloth and they will leave you alone in a reasonable fashion.

I live like a sloth here compared to the city but I am very comfortable.

I don't have to keep up with the Jones out here like a woman.

The dirt floor has packed-down nicely and I now have all matching furniture and clothing as a result of living on a well in iron rich soil.

You can do it too - just have to work hard all your life to get here and keep working until you die to afford it all but it is doable.

Let me know if I can be of assistance to you in getting to the good life like I have.

Old November 19, 2019, 04:38   #174
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Dude,

When I axe them idiots down there at the county tax office where the king is today and if I can finally pay off my debt to the county for having moved there and improving the land they just stare at me and then laugh.

I don't argue with them out here because where I used to live in town was really bad to the point that they would actually goad you into trying to attack them and they would say shit like "we can tax you at 120% of the value of your property and you will pay it or either forfeit that property to the city or go to jail until you pay it and we can increase that tax every year and tell you how you will maintain that property as long as you live there".

I was paying over $5K/year to live in that city in property tax for a single 1/3 acre and every time I fixed anything on the place they jacked up my taxes the next year.

Move to the country - get a trailer and live like a sloth and they will leave you alone in a reasonable fashion.

I live like a sloth here compared to the city but I am very comfortable.

I don't have to keep up with the Jones out here like a woman.

The dirt floor has packed-down nicely and I now have all matching furniture and clothing as a result of living on a well in iron rich soil.

You can do it too - just have to work hard all your life to get here and keep working until you die to afford it all but it is doable.

Let me know if I can be of assistance to you in getting to the good life like I have.

yes the desert rat life, does have its positive side,
from a certain perspective.
Old November 19, 2019, 05:15   #175
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
yes the desert rat life, does have its positive side,
from a certain perspective.
Steve lives quite well, his piece of Al is really nice. Not exactly desert rat stuff. Although the desert rat life ain't so bad either, depending on which desert.
Old November 19, 2019, 12:31   #176
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

that right there was right nice of y'all ta lets me sleep on that floor.

It sleeps good, and I dint get no bugs on me.

Old November 20, 2019, 04:02   #177
Bama Steve
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
that right there was right nice of y'all ta lets me sleep on that floor.

It sleeps good, and I dint get no bugs on me.

And none of the bugs you brung survived the seven-dust mixed into the floor . . .

Old November 20, 2019, 08:37   #178
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9245 View Post
You still completely miss the second part of the issue, if they were only requesting people not open carry fine, I’d still be pissed but whatever, but that is not the part that has me refusing to shop there again and labeling them the enemy, the part that does that is that in the same statement they also said that THEY WOULD BE SUPPORTING AND PRESSURING POLITICIANS TO PASS ANTIGUN LAWS. That is not property rights, that is them wanting to take my rights away. Period.
Totally different issue regarding what groups they say they will support.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2019, 15:26   #179
Bawana jim
Registered

Reality is the state just allows you to run their property for them if you pay a tax. The state will allow you to run a business under their regulations if you pay a tax. You really don't own that property or business.
Old November 21, 2019, 17:49   #180
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Reality is the state just allows you to run their property for them if you pay a tax. The state will allow you to run a business under their regulations if you pay a tax. You really don't own that property or business.
but but but it's muh propitty, i gots me muh propitty riiights....
Old November 21, 2019, 19:52   #181
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
but but but it's muh propitty, i gots me muh propitty riiights....
You don't have anything you can't defend. In fact this is a pretty good example for them that think they're gonna hole up somewhere and 'ride out the storm'. Most sieges do not end well for those who find themselves encircled, theirs won't either.
Old November 21, 2019, 20:23   #182
G1user
Registered

Quote:
You don't have anything you can't defend. In fact this is a pretty good example for them that think they're gonna hole up somewhere and 'ride out the storm'. Most sieges do not end well for those who find themselves encircled, theirs won't either.
tangential: the government that can give you everything you want
will take everything you have.
Old November 22, 2019, 00:08   #183
Bama Steve
Registered

Quote:
They already have, a long damn time ago . . . The KJV of the Bible is making way too much sense to me right now . . . concerning bowing-down to authority.

This is why they make and and , , and all manner of other taxable distractions.

If we were actually free, we would not need money nor would we have to support those who cannot support themselves.

Old November 22, 2019, 01:29   #184
Bama Steve
Registered

Eat more raw carrots and lift weights.
Old November 22, 2019, 05:31   #185
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Absolutely. Not sure how that was tangential, but no argument with your assertion certainly.