The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Concealed Carry & Personal Defense

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2019, 19:25   #1
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
Oklahoma goes constitutional carry.......pilgrim

1 Nov 2019, packin heat time.

Oklahoma is currently a Shall Issue state but this will change on November 1, 2019 when a new Constitutional Carry law will come into effect. The state can be regarded as having a strong gun culture and this is reflected in the gun laws which are less restrictive than other states.

When Oklahoma becomes a Constitutional Carry state in November no permit or training will be required to carry a handgun if you meet all the requirements to possess a handgun. But until then you will still need to obtain a permit and attend a firearms training course. And dont forget that if you plan to take your handgun interstate you will still need a permit to do that even after November 1.

Kansas is constitutional carry too, so no “permit” needed there either, or am i democrat? I have already met quite a few fudds whining about this, they can eat democrap.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2019, 22:31   #2
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor
 
ExCdnSoldierInTx's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65552
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Central Merca
Posts: 7,672
I once had high hopes for Texas, but it will now never happen.
The massive influx of California and New York hard left liberals make me worry about even keeping the gun rights and Constitutional Rights we already have.
They complain about guns daily, and the open displays of Faith in this State have many of them hopping mad.
__________________
" .... basically you'd have to take them head-on, penetrating 4-6 'yotas per round, to avoid wasting ammo." - Enquiring Minds 11/15/15
ExCdnSoldierInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2019, 22:38   #3
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor
 
Redoubt's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
I once had high hopes for Texas, but it will now never happen.
The massive influx of California and New York hard left liberals make me worry about even keeping the gun rights and Constitutional Rights we already have.
They complain about guns daily, and the open displays of Faith in this State have many of them hopping mad.
Having spent much of my life in Texas I can agree with the fact it has fallen.
Arizona is next sadly.
__________________
You had to dump the concept of the battle rifle before the FAL was beaten.
Redoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 04:39   #4
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
I am thinking about getting a texas ccw. I rarely go to Texas but will probably go there more in the future. Seems easy enough to get. Food there generally sucks as bad as the football teams but i drive thru there to carlsbad.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 06:02   #5
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 5,486
Great!
Wifey stated willingness to move there (OK) if retirement ever occurs.
__________________
The trick is in what one emphasizes.
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.


Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 07:17   #6
lpcullen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 63924
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 154
So does Constitutional Carry allow for both open and concealed carry? What about having a loaded gun in the car? I let my license expire in July and have been waiting for this to take effect.
lpcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 08:44   #7
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
easttex's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Addison, Tx
Posts: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
1 Nov 2019, packin heat time.

Oklahoma is currently a Shall Issue state but this will change on November 1, 2019 when a new Constitutional Carry law will come into effect. The state can be regarded as having a strong gun culture and this is reflected in the gun laws which are less restrictive than other states.

When Oklahoma becomes a Constitutional Carry state in November no permit or training will be required to carry a handgun if you meet all the requirements to possess a handgun. But until then you will still need to obtain a permit and attend a firearms training course. And dont forget that if you plan to take your handgun interstate you will still need a permit to do that even after November 1.

Kansas is constitutional carry too, so no “permit” needed there either, or am i democrat? I have already met quite a few fudds whining about this, they can eat democrap.
Interestingly enough, pot and gambling are both legal in Oklahoma as well and they they haven't fallen off the edge of the planet yet. Who'd of thunk it??
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe
easttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 08:55   #8
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 16,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttex View Post
Interestingly enough, pot and gambling are both legal in Oklahoma as well and they they haven't fallen off the edge of the planet yet. Who'd of thunk it??
I don't get it either. LA and OK make a killing off of gambling from folks here. But the caveat is with OK is it's all tribal based so technically it's not legal for non tribal.


Texas sucks ass with the gun laws and will be the last to ever change on the subjects you mention.
__________________
If you're looking for someone loyal, get a dog. Otherwise you're not going to find it.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 13:56   #9
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Great!
Wifey stated willingness to move there (OK) if retirement ever occurs.
Yankee quota has already been exceeded. Straighten out your own state.

J/K
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019, 17:27   #10
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor
 
Tuhlmann's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69411
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here & There, WI
Posts: 2,474
Nice work OK!

‘murica
__________________
Future Crotchety Ol' Bastard

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 04:20   #11
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
There seems to be restrictions on long guns in vehicle in Ok. I need to research this. Loaded long guns in vehicles in new mexico are legal. I have been warned game wardens in Ok are jerks but that hasn’t confirmed by me. I prefer a long gun in the car. The FAL provides a significant advantage over about anything else.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 06:21   #12
lpcullen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 63924
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 154
I believe you can have a magazine in your long gun but no round in the chamber. I've never met a game ranger that was cool.
lpcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 07:13   #13
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor
 
Hebrew Battle Rifle's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5777
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcullen View Post
I believe you can have a magazine in your long gun but no round in the chamber. I've never met a game ranger that was cool.
I used to keep a round in the chamber of my truck guns. It occurred to me that if I were to involved in a major vehicle collision, there is no telling where the muzzle would end up pointing. The first responders don't deserve to face that danger, so I stopped keeping the chamber loaded.
__________________
THANK YOU JESUS
Hebrew Battle Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 08:32   #14
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
There seems to be restrictions on long guns in vehicle in Ok. I need to research this. Loaded long guns in vehicles in new mexico are legal. I have been warned game wardens in Ok are jerks but that hasn’t confirmed by me. I prefer a long gun in the car. The FAL provides a significant advantage over about anything else.
No ammo in gun, no ammo in mag if it's inserted in gun. Perfectly legal to keep unload rifle next to a full mag.

Most OK game wardens I've encountered were really decent guys. One in particular wasn't - but that's pretty good ratio considering how many years I've been hunting and fishing here!

Now if you get pulled over by local LEO, that's a real crapshoot.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019, 18:21   #15
Impala_Guy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 55819
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 3,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
I once had high hopes for Texas, but it will now never happen.
The massive influx of California and New York hard left liberals make me worry about even keeping the gun rights and Constitutional Rights we already have.
They complain about guns daily, and the open displays of Faith in this State have many of them hopping mad.
Time to make it as uncomfortable for them to live there as possible. All non violent and legal ways to annoy them must be undertaken. Consider it a kind of quiet guerilla war.
__________________
Don't spread our wealth around, spread our work ethic.........
Impala_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 19:25   #16
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
I hate the restrictions in OK. NM allowed fully loaded firearms in the vehicle. My experience is people in OK are f$&kin alright, as were New Mexicans. I just despise democrats & their shit plans. My folks in Adair Co were survivors of Cherokee relocation, the depression, wars, tough crew.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2019, 19:49   #17
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 5,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Yankee quota has already been exceeded. Straighten out your own state.

J/K
I'll look you up when we arrive.

My wife is a Southern gal. Does that help ?
__________________
The trick is in what one emphasizes.
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.


Carlos Castenada
TenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2019, 19:11   #18
AKmoose
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 15429
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Central OK
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
I hate the restrictions in OK. NM allowed fully loaded firearms in the vehicle. My experience is people in OK are f$&kin alright, as were New Mexicans. I just despise democrats & their shit plans. My folks in Adair Co were survivors of Cherokee relocation, the depression, wars, tough crew.
Stilwell? I had a few aunts and uncles retire there, one owned a couple bars in the area one tough sucker, since passed on. Green country is a nice area.
AKmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2019, 20:24   #19
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
Lots of relatives around stilwell. Lot in chalk bluff cemetery.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2019, 09:52   #20
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
I hate the restrictions in OK. NM allowed fully loaded firearms in the vehicle. My experience is people in OK are f$&kin alright, as were New Mexicans. I just despise democrats & their shit plans. My folks in Adair Co were survivors of Cherokee relocation, the depression, wars, tough crew.
Dad's side is just north of you, in Delaware Co.- same deal, moved here via the TOT. I grew up fishing in Flint, your crew prob fished Barren Fork.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2019, 19:31   #21
lpcullen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 63924
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 154
Tomorrow is the big day! Proud to be an Okie. The temporary injunction filed today was denied by the supreme court. I may have to leave the house and go to town just so I can say I constitutionally carried. May get crazy and go to the OK2A rally at the state capitol but that is a bit of a drive for me.
lpcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2019, 22:17   #22
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 9,027
Used to be called Baron Fork before someone realized it was spelled wrong. I used to play in the creek there as a kid but its about inaccessible now. Progress yanno. My uncles / cousins used to go drink there. One of them was ambushed from the bridge above. Somebody shot thru the top of his pickup while he was imbibing, thru the wrist and thigh while he was hittin on a cold one. Good times. Had an uncle killed in car wreck in front of westville high, not pretty. Rolled his car & about cut his head off, open casket of course. Hittin on that firewater.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files