Notices

Old May 24, 2020, 00:54   #251
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Huey,,please explain why anyone should be afraid of this china virus again?????

Heart disease and Cancer is a huge concern.

This 2,800,000 below is,,,wait for it,,,just for 2017 for USA deaths.

80,000 with wuhan virus,,If thats a correct figure,,which many people believe is pure bullshit,,,would rank up there just with Diabetes.

Are we going to destroy the country over diabetes???????

Deaths and Mortality

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, tables 1, 3, 13 pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, table B pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
And more people die from car accidents on average, etc, etc, etc. The issue I see is doctors are finding men in the 30 to 60 age group who had never shown any symptoms of heart disease to show heart damage following contracting the disease. Again, we are speaking low numbers in general but who wants heart issues if doesn't have them or if already do want them to get worse.

I am fully aware most people who die with Chinese Flu have other underlying issues. I have worn a medicalert bracelet for almost a decade due to my immune compromised endocrine system. My pituitary gland is shot from the radiation and chemo treatment to stop the small inoperable tumor they found on it by luck on the edge of a scan when I broke my neck. Had I not broken my neck may have been stage four rather than early stage one when found. None the less when my pituitary gland went my endocrine system went into a total meltdown. Even though I was back in the field finally this week and even today digging holes, climbing ladders doing manual labor. Exercise regularly, 5' 10" weigh 168 pounds at 9.8% body fat so to most I look super healthy.

Doctors told me years ago the only thing that kept me alive during two events, only reason was able to rehab a spine broken three times with more ruptured and slipped disks than not with more impenged nerves than can count was super physical conditioning. Tell me 90% of patients would have had at least two if not three spinal fusions with same injuries which I rehabbed doing my PT assisted with pain med, nerve blocks and Radio Frequency Ablations. Took me almost seven years but went from three narcotic pain med taken daily at regular intervals to just the one lowest power now only taken one or two evenings a week after a really hard day of work. That said I still take a dozen medications to level out my endocrine system (not a dozen different med daily but have med for when thyroid are over producing to suppress them and other media to suppliment thyroids when they decide to stop working at all.

Because I have an outpatient procedure on my spine on average of every three to four weeks am high risk of catching lots of stuff because am having needles inserted into my spine which any contamination and it's a potential horror show. Because of the immune issues I normally get the flu every year and most years twice. When I get it it's bad as my dad died of flu and my brother was hospitalized in December with the H1N1 strain so combine immune deficiencies and family genetics flu is a serious worry for me.

I have been reading and watching a lot of new studies coming out of CDC in past week. Appears Chinese Flu only lives on surfaces like counter tops, door knobs, etc half the time or less it has been believed. WhIle it does live on stainless steel, platics, glass and others a long time in the lab apparently it doesn't live on them as long in the real world which is good. The six foot human to human transmission is holding up stromg. Wife and I have a total of nine relatives from age four (another age six) up to late twenties, mid thirties and up to mid sixties. All recovered but her cousin and husband from Manhatten both caught it twice. Friend at LHS whose wife I a nurse caught it and was bad sick but recovered.

I began taking the senior flu shot three years ago exactly three weeks before Thanksgiving so it would be reaching peak strength over the holidays which is when we are exposed to most kids and elderly. I get a booster flu shot six months after as well. First symptom start Tamiflu and have only had the flu twice in past three years which is record low for me since my teens. With my issues I really don't want to know what the Chinese Flu will do to me so trying to avoid it. I said from beginning we closed down Georgia way too soon. We should just now be in our second or third week and many other parts of the country should not be shut down yet if at all but we were dealing with a big unknown.

Imagine Trump didn't shut down travel from China, then basically everywhere when he did and didn't encourage social isolation. We may be at just 10% higher numbers of cases and deaths now, 50% now or worse. Look at what Bill Gates model predicted and he has some smart people and lots of clock cycles on big computers to do the modeling with good software folks. Yes it has been tough but it could have been worse, China could lose five to ten million people and not hurt but actually help them as less mouths to feed but plenty left to work in factories and carry rifles in battle. That kind of numbers in U.S. and it would have put China in great spot to turn up the heat in South China Sea taking land, demanding lessening trade restrictions and we may have had to play ball. I looked at this as a great strategic threat if enough of our work force and military got sick that the Chinese could have leveraged.

Early results showed countries that battoned down the hatches, closed borders, ordered all to stay home earliest saw the lowest initial surge and total cases. I think without what we did it would have been much worse. Bottom line is we seem to be coming out, I believe the economy is going to be better than ever as many, many jobs will come home from China. Especially medical and important stuff we would need in a war. This showed us how China had us over a barrel on medical supplies but taught us we still have the WW2 ability to have our private industry to retool fast and how to do it. We will greatly increase our strategic reserve in not only medical supplies but Trump has the government buying oil and gas like it's free for the strategic reserve.

Some say our national reserve in petroleum will double before this ends and we bought at the loses price in decades. I believe we will put our space program back on track with manned missions and stop relying on Russia and China to get people in orbit. We will have learned a lot about controlling a pandemic in military, especially the Navy where it's hard to isolate people from each other. Hopefully many citizens will now learn to keep some toilet paper and food in the house along with medical supplies. I look at this as a big nationwide drill with real consequences if not handled right in which we have learned a lot and will change much of how our country operates especially in regards to on shore manufacturing. This may be the cheapest long term lesson we will learn that may extend the U.S. as the major world power another fifty years as the Dems were well on their way to putting us behind the eight ball if a real war had broken out and all our critical day to day needs were sitting in China.

Death rate, average age, all that is too hard to gauge unless we turn loose another similar pathogen and do nothing to see how much worse it spreads to have a count if it would be 100,000, 1,000,000 or 10,000,000 dead. Our medical system has shown we can reduce time from a need to when new treatments are approved and in doctors hands by a decade. My buddy in drug research says that is huge. Giving people the choice to take a risky treatment is huge. I will take a last ditch treatment if dying already. Till now that was not allowed.

When wife first was diagnosed with her bone disease we had to go to Paris and Geneva to get her med because the FDA was slow walking med that basically kept my wife from being bed bound in an assisted living facility now versus still riding her Harley Davidsons on good days. Doctor told us nine years ago she would be bed ridden in an assisted living facility in two years or less because the only medication that could help her was five years away from FDA approval. We flew across the pond and she did a 24 month cycle and rather than being in a bed she was getting out of her wheel chair and beginning P.T. Maybe now we can speed things up here and only the people that can fly to Europe for treatment won't be the only ones that get the cutting edge medicines in time.

I see this as a big win and a big lesson for the entire nation. Yes we went too far in stepping on Constitutional Rights but it will be another lesson learned as the courts debate it. Could have been worse and truthfully was taking a time out that bad? I think we needed to hit the pause button. We especially needed the American people to see we don't have 1/2 the hospital rooms we need if a real pandemic or emergency hits. Average week our hospitals are at 85% capacity. Just a small flu bug totally overwhelmed NYS and California plus other regions because they spent money on stupid stuff instead of hospitals and equipment. I really believe this was timed perfect to wake up those with any ability for rational thought and the rest are too stoopid to teach.

It sure was fun to look at people offering me $50 for a N95 face mask which I turned down though I had hundreds. We ended up having around 1,000 surgical masks and cases of gloves. We learned how fast even our supplies of PPE were hammered. Some days I went through six to eight pairs of gloves and three or four masks. A couple months of that and it was enlightening. My last order from the Israeli medical supply was so large they had to break it up into a dozen boxes. We ordered several dozen boxes of the over ear masks, several dozen boxes of gloves but wife had foot surgery during the height of the event and it was amazing how fast gauze, alcohol, tape and other dressings went cleaning her foot and changing her dressings twice a day for three weeks.

Masks and gloves were just the tip of what we have added. I had what I thought was enough medical supplies to keep a dozen people going for years. In real life I was wrong if any suffered moderate injuries requiring a lot of materials to change dressings and such. We had plenty of med but it was the intermediate wound treatment stuff we were short on. Have plenty of battle dressings but not enough bandaids. Had plenty of surgical instruments and such but not enough oxygen or vemtilators. Learned about a new ventilator that you tap a vein and it enriches the blood with oxygen from a tank and pumps back in body. Works almost as good as intubation and we have one now. Also have two more BiPAP auto Server Ventilators which use whole face masks instead of intubation to keep people breathing and are way better than nothing.

Have a new FCC legal Special Land Mobile frequency radio system that allows us to use spread spectrum frequency hopping with digital voice compression and real scrambling legally for private communication outside of only NSA and CIA ability to scan or jam. We added three big upgrades to our HVAC system to purify our air. Have more than double the oxygen tanks on hand along with two oxygen generators. Instead of one small bottle of medical grade nitrous we have two big bottles for easy, low risk anesthesia. We discovered we had plenty of food for this event but had just half of our 12 person team showed up we would have been surprised as how fast it went and already increasing our food by almost double and added 25,000 rounds of rifle ammo since February and thought it we had enough till had time to do a lot of research and match.

Average person fires 400 rounds in a break contact drill. A half dozen people on the Ponderosa blow through 400 rounds each in one encounter and ammo could go faster than the presses could reload it. Got an email today on a deal so good ordered 10,000 more rounds of M193 and 5,000 M855. Picking up a dozen more pieces of overt body armor next week of which will sell half to help offset cost of the six kits adding to the equipment rack. A Sandy Hook, a pandemic and food shortage were to all be really serious at the same time and few of us are prepped well enough if it lasts more than a couple years. I will be, am back shooting for an armored Mecedes diesel to keep in garage even. I kept wife and I in food and medical, three friends in medical, two in food and four in ammo who all felt short (if world had melted they were coming back here with it) but realize we need more and am increasing the amount of armor around the house.

Bought sixteen 26 foot sections of guardrail that will line front of fence and any fence people can run at with car from neighbors yards. Bought a bunch of crossties to build raised bed planters in front of house that we can grow vegetables in but will stop up to 338 AP before it gets to house. Of course they will only be height of bottom of window sills but getting low with armor already have it more protection. Added two more force rated ballistic doors inside of house as an "airlock" or area denial system so had more rooms to hide in if outer walls/doors/windows are breached and the new window shutters are solid NIJ 3 rated with NIJ 2 storm wkmdows behind shutters and NIJ 3a liners behind storm windows. Replaced a 8'×12" section of drywall with NIJ 3a+ ballistic fiberglass to reduce spall from steel inside of that section of wall. We even worked in yard making it more difficult for people to get close and have cover to engage the Ponderosa from. A month of little work allowed me to do a lot of projects.

Am really rethinking the needs if we have to lock the doors for two years, support six to eight team members, have all team needs to live and fight so we can keep what's ours. Learned how many people who I have warned for years or decades came begging for everything and how to say no to those who didn't warrant help and yes to those who did. Helped friends before family in many circumstances as family warned, played crybaby and got mad when said didn't have enough PPE to protect a family of five and a family of seven and have enough for me. Both I sent links to the Israeli masks when you got me on track and they responded with "why would we need those?" but a couple weeks later were calling asking for not a few but a couple boxes and didn't offer to pay or trade. Now way am I giving 100 masks to someone who asked why they should buy them and called me paranoid. I learned a lot and also I could go out and work, do what I needed and practice proper barriers then decontamination to keep it out of my home and out of me thus far.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 01:54   #252
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
A third to half the cases came to be by residents in nursing homes,,but MOST residents in nursing homes did not die.

Only the very old and the very sick.

Lock down WAS warranted,,,but after two weeks,,we knew what was happening,,lock down since then,,,,,all political bull shit in an election year.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 04:09   #253
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Well you can't really get good data on the net. Trying to compare this flu in terms of deaths with the 1957 or 1968 or 2009 strains which were some of the worst is hard to do. Different websites have different numbers to meet their agenda. One website states that 34,000 people died in the 2017-2018 flu season another says 80,000. Even the CDC site is confusing. This is how the politicians want it.
Old May 24, 2020, 09:43   #254
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
They could have handled this far better but hindsight is 20 20. Frankly I don't think they wanted to handle it better because it's not the outcome they wanted, they wanted tyranny and to see what we all would do if they put us in fear for our lives.

Obviously once they figured out what groups it was killing then quarantine them and let the rest of the world move on. They have shown this is not about defeating an infectious flu but about control. They know now Americans no matter how many millions of guns they have will knuckle under to tyranny. They will watch their friends and neighbors lose everything and even die.

Here in Oregon about 140 old folks have died out of 4.5 million. The governors plan has killed more by suicide but they won't talk about that. They have destroyed businesses, lives, families and trust. Maybe we deserve it.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:39   #255
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV View Post
Well you can't really get good data on the net. Trying to compare this flu in terms of deaths with the 1957 or 1968 or 2009 strains which were some of the worst is hard to do. Different websites have different numbers to meet their agenda. One website states that 34,000 people died in the 2017-2018 flu season another says 80,000. Even the CDC site is confusing. This is how the politicians want it.
Agree,,,the best data seems to come from local reports,,local news sites.

The inflation of deaths from the virus seem to be leaking out,,,docs going on record,,,,,patient died of heart failure,,lung cancer,,diabetes,,etc,,and yes,,had the virus confirmed upon death,,but would have died anyway,,regardless.

A couple million plus people just simply die yearly in a country of 300 million plus people like the USA.

Today,,,,certain politicians with gaping holes in their unfunded mandates from prior piss poor practices,,if they can destroy their statewide economies,,they are praying for federal bailouts which they'd use to save retirement accounts,,past budget overages, etc..

California and NY,,ILL,,MA, NJ were all broke long before this virus hit and were facing ruin because of spending more money than they had.

Old May 29, 2020, 00:12   #256
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Went to do my end of month bill paying rounds today, check pot office and went by well over 100 businesses I am familiar with. Every insurance company (including my corporate and personal agents) I drove by had one or two cars in parking lot with signs on doors saying due to safety of or employees no admittance to building, agents can be reached by email or on their cell phones, for more info call xxx-xxxx. Seems they have one person in answering phones and another employee or two doing something when both mine usually have 25 to 40 employees in the building. Went by one bank to make a deposit and another a payment. Both had similar signs with door locked and had two drive thru tellers at opposite ends of their line in masks and gloves. All local banks I passed were similar.

Went by three clients offices who had sent emails saying my checks were ready and all had same "no entry call xxx-xxxx" for service. I had texted office manager on my way and when got to door they slid my check under the front door and gave me a friendly wave through the window. I have not let anyone in my business since last week of January and with our county being the highest current per capita new cases and deaths in Georgia not about to change now.

At post office noticed all employees in gloves, masks and glasses or safety glasses. 1/3 of customers in masks (mostly black and white but some trashy looking whites without) then the big line of Mexicans lining up to mail packages none had masks. Post office has lines marked in tape every six feet and signs instructing customers in line to keep the six foot distance. I was just checking my P.O. box and dropping some outgoing into mail slot but saw white person, six feet distance, black person six foot distance, then a dozen Mexicans so close could have been having group sex then six foot space to next white or black then another gaggle of mexicans. Post Office had a Spanish speaking employee telling the mexicans to disperse or leave and we're being totally ignored. Saw one black man I thought was going to kill a fat Mexican lady for violating his six foot zone and actually pushing him like the fat Mexican b!tch pushed me my very last trip inside the grocery store now that I have another option.

Over half the dentist offices and specialty doctors offices are still closed. Had a discussion on phone with head of security at hospital who said 70% of the Chinese Flu patients in ICU were hispanic. Said many of them had come and we're diagnosed with it, told they had it and mexicans said Chinese Flu is a lie made up by the government to try and make them go home or no work. Says many walk out of triage tent refusing treatment then a week or two later come in on an ambulance going straight to ICU because they didn't believe Chinese Flu existed and refused to take med prescribed. He also said his SORT team is working overtime as Hispanics became so used to using emergency room as their free gateway medical treatment that when a family brings in a kid with a cold or sprained ankle are told to seek private medical treatment they will literally start hitting staff members. They want their free general practice care at a hospital that already has triple the ICU patients of their full capacity for past decade.

Thus as I moved through town seemed like majority of professional businesses like insurance, lawyers, specialty doctors, dentists, etc have doors locked and minimal staff answering phones. All my clients are working from home with maximum of two people in the office at same time. Then on flip side about half the restaurants are drive thru/delivery/pick up at door only and half are fully open. Finished my rounds as lunch time began and the two Waffle Houses and IHOP had full parking lots and toothless white trash at every table. Had to stop right in front of one and at front table was female who looked to be 250 pounds on the hoof who had a baby in baby seat sitting on the table and two kids across from her in booster seats. The local Mexican restaurants were all full of white people and the all you can eat Chinese restaurants were full of hispanic landscape trucks as noticed they seem to like all you can eat Chinese joints.

On news today heard Bay area around Oakland California has seen a huge surge in cases similar to its initial surge. Saw several reports saying Chinese Flu is making its second hit in several areas and rather than a pandemic it's likely to become an endemic which means it's going to linger and possibly not go away anytime soon but just keep rolling around and flaring up in different areas as its introduced with areas that have not seen it yet likely to eventually see it as have few people with antibodies. I am going to continue to be careful and had 200 more surgical masks, 60 more N95, 200 pair of heavy nitrol gloves and 400 pair of standard surgical gloves. Also had a huge box of additional basic first aid supplies making our shipment from Israel so big it arrived in three separate large boxes.

After having to change dressing on wife's feet daily for three weeks saw how fast gauze, tape and large bandaids can be used up. She injured one foot with a puncture wound due to unsure footing walking in flip flops due to issue with the other foot putting us in podiatrists office for emergency foot surgery mid pamdemic. Some retail places around here are allowing people in with masks and denying access to those without. Saw in Cali on reports about new spike in Bay Area a reporter standing in front of a huge DOT flashing LED sign advising all people in public required to wear masks. Also saw where several municipalities around the country have mask ordances.

We also got some heavy washable and reusable masks in this last order and last week I finishished sewing my first four home brew masks with two layers of stretch antimicrobial fabric with a opening in the top and is sized so I can cut coffee filters in half and slide down in center. Coffee filters actually do a good filtering particles down to 20 microns and though covid-19 droplets are 5 to 10 microns if fold filter in half and use it doubled the outer cloth I used is good to 10 microns and inner about 3 microns. I am using nice stretch heavy spandex for outer layer and medical grade Halyard H600 fabric which will stop covid for inner layer. The coffee filter inserts are not really required but I am testing comfort with them single, double layer and not at all as feel the coffee filters can catch some cap before it gets to the real working layer of Halyard H600 fabric against face and can just replace the paper filter a few times a day extending time mask cn be worn without changing from contaminated medical grade final inside layer.

I enjoy sewing stuff and do all the sewing in our house as wife never really learned how. She has been distraught over a torn expensive garment then stunned when I repair it in manner can't tell it was damaged. I saw a documentary on History once about SEALs and several said sewing was one of the main skills they learned as often have to make or alter mission specific gear. This show featured a former SEAL who has invented exercise bands that have made him a milionaire while on down time waiting for a mission and not having any work out equipment. Know several guys in different branches that also say sewing is a good skill for repairing gear to sewing up your buddies or self. Emory hospital is now accepting home sewn masks being donated by anyone but must be washable in hot water and they ask people making them to pre-shrink all cloth in hot water before making the masks.

Our hospital is having PPE issues (still stuns me how I have plenty, can still order PPE at fair prices but hospital staff can't?) and my niece is making masks as is my mom. Mailed my mom enought Halyard H600 to make at least four dozen two layer H600 or eight dozen with single layer of H600. I am working toward a design that is super comfortable, has good protection but has a disposable inexpensive and easily available layer to help extend masks wearable period of time between washings. I have five rolls of filter paper that are the size of a roll of toilet paper that are rated 3 to 5 microns. Hoping it won't restrict air flow as could be the perfect inner disposable layer and would allow a mask to go all day in high risk environment with a center paper filter layer change every hour or so and it is dirt cheap as math says can cut over 1,000 filters per roll at $23 per roll.

While I was the most prepped person I know for a pandemic the idea of changing a mask several times a day for multiple people and for months on end possibly for over a year never really registered. While I don't wear masks at home, work or vehicle as all are clean zones when go in post office that mask is trashed when leave. Same at grocery store, building supply or doctors office so some days wife and I will use five or six masks between us. We use the surgical masks for most circumstances as saving bulk of N95 for if it gets really bad and have to go out or bring others in the house. If I can make a mask that wear all day and just replace a paper center filter between eachieve place enter with a cost of less than a penny each will save a lot of money and be fairly confident am protected against covid droplets from the paper inserts before any get to Halyard H600 fabric inner layer keeping it cleaner in event something gets around a 5 micron paper insert.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 29, 2020, 01:24   #257
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Huey,,,happy you are ok,,people were asking about you.

Home here,,about normal,,got a nice haircut today,,saw my GP,,allergy season is upon us and very bad this year.

I asked,,,if the clinic had seen even one virus patient since this thing kicked off,,answer was nope,,not a single one, and its a VERY large out patient GP clinic,,half a dozen providers.

No one was wearing a mask,,provider or patients.

Churches and Temples are back open.

And damn,,its hot here and early,,my temp gauge said 103 for a high and we got clouds and humidity moving into the area,,not good...

Old May 30, 2020, 19:27   #258
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
A HINDU priest has beheaded a man in a human sacrifice at an Indian temple in an apparent bid to end the coronavirus pandemic.

Sansari Ojha, 72, was said to be both drunk and high from smoking marijuana when he decapitated a man with an axe to appease a goddess.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/908024/...e-coronavirus/
Old May 30, 2020, 23:06   #259
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
the average IQ in india is 70-75, because they were gourd and root vegetable eaters as staple food stock until they got rice from china about 2000 years ago. the high carb and low protein diet for countless generations resulted in smaller brain size in terms of gross volume and neuron count, and a correspondingly lower intelligence. this is a natural evolutionary result and is indisputable, having been validated by anthropologists, medical studies, and intelligence testing for over 100 years. having lived in india for a year and traveled to 60% of it's provinces i saw the smaller brain case in most places. the 2 million indians living in USA are not representative of the other 1 billion and 400 million people that are the rest of india.

many people don't want to believe this, but it is a fact that root/gourd food stock is 2-6% protein, and rice is 12-15%, just like wheat, with corn about 12%, and this in reference to "B" vitamins, from which neurons are synthesized, as well as "D" vitamin, which is a synthesis catalyst, andabunance of which also reduces requirement for UV light absorption into the skin for purpose of protein synthesis.

because of this people from "D" deficient areas are genetically selected by evolution to be darker. B&D are found hand in hand in proportions in seed stock food sources like rice, wheat, and corn. so, the correlation, both scientific and empirically evidenced, darker equals lower IQ.

believing you might come back in the body of a cow in another life after dying is just more empirical evidence to throw on the heap.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2020, 00:20   #260
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Huey,,,happy you are ok,,people were asking about you.

Home here,,about normal,,got a nice haircut today,,saw my GP,,allergy season is upon us and very bad this year.

I asked,,,if the clinic had seen even one virus patient since this thing kicked off,,answer was nope,,not a single one, and its a VERY large out patient GP clinic,,half a dozen providers.

No one was wearing a mask,,provider or patients.

Churches and Temples are back open.

And damn,,its hot here and early,,my temp gauge said 103 for a high and we got clouds and humidity moving into the area,,not good...
Outstanding for Arizona. According to CDC the U.S. had 21,000+ new diagnosed cases and 1,300 additional deaths in past 24 hours. Metro Atlanta area counties are all reporting climbing number of new cases and deaths as we are late bloomers. Georgia socially isolated early, people grew weary and the state reopened about the same time the virus began to get traction. Arizonas low humidity and per capita population state wide has to be a big help. It why I have advocated from the start every region is different and requires a different approach. Montana, Wyoming and other low density states should probably never shut down except in a few of the larger cities. Michigan screwed up big waiting so long to advise social isolation and close businesses in the Detroit area.

Here in Georgia we shut down too soon and reopened about the time Chinese Flu arrived. We have also had an odd spring, usually its hitting low to mid 90°s by now and we have not turned on our A/C yet as having rain showers almost daily plus coolest temps I can remember for this late. Almost turned the A/C on today but as we were discussing it another thunder shower kicked up.

The entire deal is being handled irrationally by trying to use a blanket close it all or open it all mentality when it should be run by the data and shut down high risk businesses in population dense areas based on the current data for each county and city. Your doctor says has no issues, run your location as such. Local doctors here are scared we should run our area as such till the local medical community feels confident. I think every municipality should have a medical board that makes the decisions on which businesses are opened and closed and when.

Not managing at federal or state level but more of a micro level based on how each area is trending. In Georgia we have 14 hospital regions in which all hospitals in each region are organized under a single Regional Coordinating Hospital. Way Chinese Flu hit here it was just the southwest Region K hit initially long before any shutdown was discussed and should have shut down that area early. Here in Region B our outbreak began about the time the state was being reopened and we could have continued reasonably normal till about six weeks ago before full shut down was ordered. Don't know how other states do it but our Regional Coordinating Hospitals have very close view on their region, all hospitals in it and should make the call on when to go into shutdown and then which businesses are safe to reopen based on risk.

As a business owner I know how hard it is to survive but our Governor reopened tattoo parlors, nail salons, hair salons and dine in eating right when our spike began and none of those are necessary businesses when our infection rate is at maximum but they could have operated through March and banked a little more cash to ride when our area peaked. It all seems bass akwards to me. Except for a few big cities I see no reason for state wide shut down of states like Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and even Kansas, etc.
Old May 31, 2020, 01:59   #261
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Outstanding for Arizona. According to CDC the U.S. had 21,000+ new diagnosed cases and 1,300 additional deaths in past 24 hours. Metro Atlanta area counties are all reporting climbing number of new cases and deaths as we are late bloomers. Georgia socially isolated early, people grew weary and the state reopened about the same time the virus began to get traction. Arizonas low humidity and per capita population state wide has to be a big help. It why I have advocated from the start every region is different and requires a different approach. Montana, Wyoming and other low density states should probably never shut down except in a few of the larger cities. Michigan screwed up big waiting so long to advise social isolation and close businesses in the Detroit area.

Here in Georgia we shut down too soon and reopened about the time Chinese Flu arrived. We have also had an odd spring, usually its hitting low to mid 90°s by now and we have not turned on our A/C yet as having rain showers almost daily plus coolest temps I can remember for this late. Almost turned the A/C on today but as we were discussing it another thunder shower kicked up.

The entire deal is being handled irrationally by trying to use a blanket close it all or open it all mentality when it should be run by the data and shut down high risk businesses in population dense areas based on the current data for each county and city. Your doctor says has no issues, run your location as such. Local doctors here are scared we should run our area as such till the local medical community feels confident. I think every municipality should have a medical board that makes the decisions on which businesses are opened and closed and when.

Not managing at federal or state level but more of a micro level based on how each area is trending. In Georgia we have 14 hospital regions in which all hospitals in each region are organized under a single Regional Coordinating Hospital. Way Chinese Flu hit here it was just the southwest Region K hit initially long before any shutdown was discussed and should have shut down that area early. Here in Region B our outbreak began about the time the state was being reopened and we could have continued reasonably normal till about six weeks ago before full shut down was ordered. Don't know how other states do it but our Regional Coordinating Hospitals have very close view on their region, all hospitals in it and should make the call on when to go into shutdown and then which businesses are safe to reopen based on risk.

As a business owner I know how hard it is to survive but our Governor reopened tattoo parlors, nail salons, hair salons and dine in eating right when our spike began and none of those are necessary businesses when our infection rate is at maximum but they could have operated through March and banked a little more cash to ride when our area peaked. It all seems bass akwards to me. Except for a few big cities I see no reason for state wide shut down of states like Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and even Kansas, etc.
Most/many deaths,,otherwise normal deaths,,are being blamed on the virus now,,hospitals make money by reporting this way. Feds paying the bills does that for hospitals unable to make money on elective procedures.

80/90 yr olds catch a common cold,,can kill them
Was it the common cold,,or,,just being 80/90 yrs old that they died from???

The true death rate on the virus is low,,,like the flu,,if you have some other major issue,,its deadly,,like old age,,cancer,,immune system issues,,being 300 pounds,,etc.

Old May 31, 2020, 15:39   #262
Bawana jim
Registered

Mmmm looks like Gov Ducy just put a curfew on Arizona for a week. Those rowdy old snowbirds and retired folks are going over the line again. WTF did somebody get an unsanctioned haircut?
Old May 31, 2020, 16:01   #263
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Mmmm looks like Gov Ducy just put a curfew on Arizona for a week. Those rowdy old snowbirds and retired folks are going over the line again. WTF did somebody get an unsanctioned haircut?
Some of those old birds can get pretty mean and rowdy when the booze begins to fly.

Just saw this shit,,can't locate details,can't see how they enforce a statewide anything here,,,will be taking a ride around 8 tonight and see what happens.

Old May 31, 2020, 16:20   #264
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Some of those old birds can get pretty mean and rowdy when the booze begins to fly.

Just saw this shit,,can't locate details,can't see how they enforce a statewide anything here,,,will be taking a ride around 8 tonight and see what happens.
Have fun and maybe take some popcorn for the show.
Old May 31, 2020, 16:42   #265
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Have fun and maybe take some popcorn for the show.
Most old folks down this way,,,go to bed around sundown,,,not sure many can even stay awake until 8,,much less leave their homes.

Old May 31, 2020, 17:34   #266
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Most old folks down this way,,,go to bed around sundown,,,not sure many can even stay awake until 8,,much less leave their homes.
Leave the popcorn at home and take something easy on the gums.
Old June 03, 2020, 16:41   #267
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
Got thrown out of Lotaburger today. Said I had to wear a mask to come in. I said BS, I was in here last month and didn't need a mask when there were potentially real problems. Sorry. must wear a mask or we can't take your order. Our genius of a mayor . City police chief said no tickets for not having a mask. City council over rode is 25% rule and said 50%. His agruement was that you could have 75% outside and 25% inside. That would equal 50%. (YES, he said that). Sheriff on Dan Ana county said they have to give out tickets (Note she licks the governor's .....) And she is suing the county for discrimination. Just when I wanted to opt out and have a simple hamburger and spend my money. Well, I did, drove down the street to Burgertime and ordered a double cheeseburger with green chili and bacon to make myself feel better. Told them about Blakes Lota and they gave me a soda, free.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2020, 16:51   #268
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Got thrown out of Lotaburger today. Said I had to wear a mask to come in. I said BS, I was in here last month and didn't need a mask when there were potentially real problems. Sorry. must wear a mask or we can't take your order. Our genius of a mayor . City police chief said no tickets for not having a mask. City council over rode is 25% rule and said 50%. His agruement was that you could have 75% outside and 25% inside. That would equal 50%. (YES, he said that). Sheriff on Dan Ana county said they have to give out tickets (Note she licks the governor's .....) And she is suing the county for discrimination. Just when I wanted to opt out and have a simple hamburger and spend my money. Well, I did, drove down the street to Burgertime and ordered a double cheeseburger with green chili and bacon to make myself feel better. Told them about Blakes Lota and they gave me a soda, free.
Just back from town,,,no one wearing masks,,except for BOA tellers,,everything back open,,about normal life again.

Old June 04, 2020, 07:31   #269
K. Funk
Retired Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
What virus?

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 04, 2020, 11:54   #270
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Funk View Post
What virus?

krf
A good riot or two and massive looting does seem to have knocked the narrative,,,we're all going to die,,,stay 6 feet apart,,and we're still all going to die right off the TV screens.

Thank G-D for a good solid riot and looting episodes,,,one more day,,of we're all going to die from this virus,,would make a sober man take a drink or two, or three.

Old June 04, 2020, 11:57   #271
Bawana jim
Registered

Flat pissed me off today. Went for my dog walk and it was so busy and noise I had to cut it short. Used to be so quiet under quarantine.
Old June 04, 2020, 12:07   #272
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
The town hall I work in is opening to the public next Monday. We’re supposed to wear masks except when in our office areas. That is being ignored already. Some protocols about how many people at the counter of a town department. People started shaking hands again couple weeks now. I told my boss(first selectman) that the brainwashing will wear off and people will realize that it is okay to be near each other and touch each other once again. She was a little taken aback by that. But then I am the old crusty building inspector and that kind of talk is expected of me.
Be well
Larry
Old June 04, 2020, 12:20   #273
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog58 View Post
The town hall I work in is opening to the public next Monday. We’re supposed to wear masks except when in our office areas. That is being ignored already. Some protocols about how many people at the counter of a town department. People started shaking hands again couple weeks now. I told my boss(first selectman) that the brainwashing will wear off and people will realize that it is okay to be near each other and touch each other once again. She was a little taken aback by that. But then I am the old crusty building inspector and that kind of talk is expected of me.
Be well
Larry
A lot of folks expected,,once the door is cracked open a little,,common sense would quickly take over and people would just go back to normal.

Of course,,more people washing their hands/dirty asses is a good thing,,some folks are long on odor and short on soap.

Old June 04, 2020, 14:22   #274
longhair51
Constitutional curmudgeon
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5884
I was in town to see my folks in Independence, MO and decided to stop at Menards. The security guard said no mask, no entrance. I understand their store, their rules,. I went elsewhere.

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
longhair51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2020, 07:37   #275
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas...s-reported-298

DALLAS - Dallas County again set a new record for daily cases reported of COVID-19 on Friday.

We continue to keep our heads down around here. Another COVID-19 case reported at my jobsite. Quarantines and disinfections implemented for the affected people. This is the second one and I bet we see more.
Old June 06, 2020, 08:47   #276
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
I am on covidcation myself due to coworker testing positive. I heard the 10th is expected spike from protests.
cotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2020, 12:31   #277
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

This medicine works if anyone gets this virus,,at least the thousands of doc's actually treating K's of patients say it does.

The bogus studies that showed otherwise,,were pulled a couple nights ago,,,

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/04/lanc...?ref=hvper.com

The trick seems,,,get on the med quickly as soon as symptoms show up.

Old June 09, 2020, 20:17   #278
Story
Registered

Does anyone else think this poster looks like ChiCom propaganda?
Old June 09, 2020, 20:46   #279
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Damn!
It sure does.....

Old June 12, 2020, 14:25   #280
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
A nurse friend who works at the big university hospital told me that EVERY patient in the ER gets Rona tested no matter why you are there. The politicians will get their spike on way or another.
cotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2020, 15:46   #281
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotter View Post
A nurse friend who works at the big university hospital told me that EVERY patient in the ER gets Rona tested no matter why you are there. The politicians will get their spike on way or another.
Some idiot doc is on TV right now,,screaming to shut down the country again,,,the riots don't seem to have worked,,so,,back to the virus is going to kill us all,,again.

Trump needs to fire every department head at the CDC,,because those people have been wrong on everything.

Riots are good,,but rallies are bad,,riots are good,,but going back to work is deadly.

Fuc all these idiots..........................

Old June 12, 2020, 20:36   #282
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
i am sure there is a pearl in huey's 9,000 word diatribes above, but i would die of old age before getting to it i i tried to read it all.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2020, 00:44   #283
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
i am sure there is a pearl in huey's 9,000 word diatribes above, but i would die of old age before getting to it i i tried to read it all.
That last one was pretty short,,by Huey standards.

Old June 29, 2020, 15:22   #284
Story
Registered

Quote:
According to anti-terror cops in Russia, sick Jihad groups are encouraging new members to spread coronavirus in public places.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...virus-22270619

Note - Daily Star is as sensationlist as the old World Weekly News. That said, Jihadi Staff planning session probably looked like this -
Old June 29, 2020, 15:48   #285
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...virus-22270619

Note - Daily Star is as sensationlist as the old World Weekly News. That said, Jihadi Staff planning session probably looked like this -

AZ has gone back to masks,,,,,,,,,,ugh!

Me,,,mama and I are going camping,,,tha hell with this for a few days.

Old June 29, 2020, 15:57   #286
jugrunner
Restless
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
This medicine works if anyone gets this virus,,at least the thousands of doc's actually treating K's of patients say it does.

The bogus studies that showed otherwise,,were pulled a couple nights ago,,,

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/04/lanc...?ref=hvper.com

The trick seems,,,get on the med quickly as soon as symptoms show up.

Yes it works and has always worked .. The CDC lied about the study .. They were dosing @ 24mg/day IIRC .. ..

Important to start as soon as symptoms appear ..

My doc said 600mg for 2 days w/600mg Zinc .. Then drop the Hydroxy to 400mg/day and continue 600mg Zinc .. Taken a week to 10 days .. depending ..

This is for people with heart cond. .. Z-Pac for others ..

Remember .. No one gets to be a hero or get rich if we already have a cure .. !! .. I have mine ..

We've had about 800 people die here in Al. .. I've not met or talked to anyone that knows anyone that's had it ..

But .. Talking heads on TV said we are seeing a "Spike" .. Mainly in the younger generation .. Imagine that ..

I think their "Spike" is due to ramped up testing ..

and it's called a "Plandemic" ..
Old June 29, 2020, 17:04   #287
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrunner View Post
Yes it works and has always worked .. The CDC lied about the study .. They were dosing @ 24mg/day IIRC .. ..

Important to start as soon as symptoms appear ..

My doc said 600mg for 2 days w/600mg Zinc .. Then drop the Hydroxy to 400mg/day and continue 600mg Zinc .. Taken a week to 10 days .. depending ..

This is for people with heart cond. .. Z-Pac for others ..

Remember .. No one gets to be a hero or get rich if we already have a cure .. !! .. I have mine ..

We've had about 800 people die here in Al. .. I've not met or talked to anyone that knows anyone that's had it ..

But .. Talking heads on TV said we are seeing a "Spike" .. Mainly in the younger generation .. Imagine that ..

I think their "Spike" is due to ramped up testing ..

and it's called a "Plandemic" ..

It was announce this morning,,,the rendesiver med will cost 3 or 4000.00 bucks for a five day treatment.
Feds bought 500,000 courses of this.

Politicians and CDC can't make a fortune on HC,,at 50.00 for treatment.

I'm at the point,,I don;t believe a damn thing these experts say anymore.

And yep,,,I ask everyone,,,do you know anyone thats positive or died,,and the answer is always the same, nope.

Old June 30, 2020, 10:09   #288
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Right now in our area we are having tons of tourists turn up from in state, but also places like New Jersey and New York, so that is never good. Overall I'd say business is about usual for this time of year.

Only 25 cases since March in this county, what a pandemic!!
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2020, 12:54   #289
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

AZ increased their testing ability,,guess what,,more people tested positive,,of course,,hospital admissions down, deaths down, but,,back with this shutdown and mask non sense.

I hope we get 325 million tested positive for this bug in the country,,so long as the death and hospital admission rates continue to drop.

Old June 30, 2020, 15:38   #290
Papadoc
Registered

FALaholic #: 17685
Read this and then talk to me about the usefulness of these masks.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/
Papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2020, 15:55   #291
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
Today’s update. CT is half open. Restaurants are at half capacity. Bars still closed. Local pizza joint that I frequent is staying takeout only til 7/7 when everything supposed to open fully. The patriarch told me he would lose money at half capacity and no bar. With flare ups in FL that may be set back. So much bullshit in the news can’t believe any numbers or statistics.
I talk to the fellas at the construction sites I visit every day, one or two may know someone who was sick but got better. One electrical contractor’s mom died from it. She was old and had had chemo five months ago.
I am the antimasked man. Don’t wear a mask anywhere. Get some looks but no one has said shit except a gal employee at a bank. Told her I have the antibodies and go away. Bank manager talks to me I told him go away or I am closing all my accounts right now. Playing the old and cranky card can be pretty fun...
Be well,
Larry
Old June 30, 2020, 17:57   #292
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Read this and then talk to me about the usefulness of these masks.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/
Most all of us around here already know masks is a feel good precaution at best.

Just back from a doc appt,,,two ladies in waiting room,,were actually wearing "hand knitted" masks.
Very stylish too!

I wear a mask,,if forced to do so to gain entry into someplace I want to go.

If I "need" a mask,,will slap on one of the Drager's and be done with it.

Old June 30, 2020, 20:34   #293
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Most all of us around here already know masks is a feel good precaution at best.

Just back from a doc appt,,,two ladies in waiting room,,were actually wearing "hand knitted" masks.
Very stylish too!

I wear a mask,,if forced to do so to gain entry into someplace I want to go.

If I "need" a mask,,will slap on one of the Drager's and be done with it.
Aw hell
Just get yourself a Silence of the Lambs mask !

Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2020, 23:05   #294
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

For the occasion,panic and non sense,,,,would prefer this one for historical purposes,,of course some drunk good old boy might shoot me,,thinking I was some type of big bird;

Old July 01, 2020, 06:25   #295
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
First off, thanks Papadoc for the fact sheet. Having been involved in hazardous materials response I already knew the false sense of security wearing those masks presented.

Gov. Coonman has moved us to "Phase III" beginning today which surprised me that he didn't cancel it considering all the new cases popping up in other states. Restaurants can now move to 75% capacity, as can gyms and other such venues. No bar sitting, however. Masks are still mandated in all building interiors, but that mandate is being ignored by a lot of people, including me. Papadoc's provided link just helped cement my opinion masks are mostly useless, especially all the cloth "style' ones I see most often. (People obviously know nothing about decontamination, self-contamination, or secondary contamination using PPE)

Now there's this new 'pig pox' Fausi is all excited over presenting itself in China. Must give him a 'woody' just thinking of the possibilities to shut us down again.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 01, 2020, 10:29   #296
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
First off, thanks Papadoc for the fact sheet. Having been involved in hazardous materials response I already knew the false sense of security wearing those masks presented.

Gov. Coonman has moved us to "Phase III" beginning today which surprised me that he didn't cancel it considering all the new cases popping up in other states. Restaurants can now move to 75% capacity, as can gyms and other such venues. No bar sitting, however. Masks are still mandated in all building interiors, but that mandate is being ignored by a lot of people, including me. Papadoc's provided link just helped cement my opinion masks are mostly useless, especially all the cloth "style' ones I see most often. (People obviously know nothing about decontamination, self-contamination, or secondary contamination using PPE)

Now there's this new 'pig pox' Fausi is all excited over presenting itself in China. Must give him a 'woody' just thinking of the possibilities to shut us down again.
VA,,,like many other states,,are broke,,no tax money flowing into their accounts,,and unlike the feds,,most states can't run into the red, none can print money,,so,,fun and games are over and its back to work people go.

These socialist states,,,are running out of other peoples money,,,which always happens.

Old Yesterday, 16:09   #297
Story
Registered

(yes, I'm mocking him)
Quote:
Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, have been attending "COVID parties" as part of a contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member says. Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry told ABC News that students have been organizing the parties to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. The organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19, she said.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."
Old Yesterday, 16:19   #298
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

They issued a shall wear masks in our little city couple three days ago,,just back in from town,,few masks being worn,,and five police officers were sitting eating lunch,,no masks.

Guess won;t be any citations issued.

Old Yesterday, 18:39   #299
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
From Arizona. Sister works for Banner and said they are shitbirds. Money, money, money.
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/06/26/...d-from-public/
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:04   #300
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
From Arizona. Sister works for Banner and said they are shitbirds. Money, money, money.
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/06/26/...d-from-public/
Yep!

AZ opened back up for elective surgery/admissions and such about a month back.

With a near three month back log,,beds filled up quickly and running near full now,,to be expected.

If needed,,not likely,,all beds can be emptied out pretty fast,,simply by not taking in elective patients, sending otherwise not covid positive pts to nursing homes for their recovery phase,,, etc..

I suspect the reason they will not do a hospital by hospital breakdown,,,most of the cases are located in and around Phoenix only.

I asked again this morning,,to one of the largest GP clinics down this way,,any covid cases seen yet,,still not one damn case....................