The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

View Poll Results: Which dates are best for the 2020 Oregon FAL Shoot?
Screw you - didn't we just do this a month ago? 0 0%
June 19 & 20 (Friday & Saturday) 9 60.00%
June 26 & 27 (Friday & Saturday) 3 20.00%
Whatever - If sportsnut can make it, so can I. 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2020, 12:46   #201
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
WOW ! Awesome list of attendees.
Many names I have seen on the files.
Would love to meet and greet everyone.

Sadly I have a conflict with a family obligation which may take the entire week+.
There is a slight possibility I can get out of it but slim.
Put me on the "maybe list".

PS, I have a revolver. :-)
positive limitations, men in bodies being but an aggregation of the
passions, weaknesses and interests of men as individuals."
-- James Fenimore Cooper
(1789-1851)
Source: The American Democrat, 1838
kwthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 13:02   #202
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Ken!!

We would love to see you, and I miss your attendance at this shindig.

Duly added with the hopes you can sneak out for a day or two.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 13:03   #203
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
PAGE 5 !

Dammit!!!

I was going to do that and forgot.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old May 26, 2020, 13:15   #204
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I'd go ahead and root against a "revolver only" event if it's the only handgun event - but that might actually cement the handgun event as a revolver event...

Oh, wait... was that my outside voice?

I wouldn’t worry about that.

There are other things to fret over. 😉

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 13:19   #205
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
How about them apples?

What about you all?
Possibly just me, but doubtful. I'm thinking (hoping) my business will be back in full swing by then.
Old May 26, 2020, 15:55   #206
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
I wouldn’t worry about that.

There are other things to fret over. 😉

Duly noted. I'm fully fretting.
Old May 26, 2020, 15:56   #207
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
Possibly just me, but doubtful. I'm thinking (hoping) my business will be back in full swing by then.

That's what I thought, but I was hoping.
Old May 26, 2020, 16:04   #208
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Duly noted. I'm fully fretting.
I will be vetting your fretting, but I'm not getting what you're sweating.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 17:29   #209
4x401
MEATSWEATS Conscience....
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-60 View Post
There's only 3 of us that own a revolver.
No worries.

I can bring enough revolvers and ammo for the down trodden..

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene".

"You will have to take a shower, 'cause there will be overspray".
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 19:51   #210
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I'm sweating shooting this thing with a 2 1/2" .38 SPL Lady Smith.
Old May 26, 2020, 20:01   #211
4x401
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

I'm always sweaty....

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene".

Old May 26, 2020, 20:16   #212
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I know - it's one of your best traits.

Old May 26, 2020, 21:59   #213
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
We are bringing the Cruise Monster motor home... So, being snobs and special and all that, We would like to have a spot on hardpack down in the middle kind of reserved for us. Maybe off the right fork headed north where Jeff parked last year? Might save a huge tow bill.
Old May 26, 2020, 22:22   #214
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

You can have our spot - no problem at all.

We usually get there through an 'S' turn between the trees that I wonder if you can negotiate in the Cruise Monster. The guys in motor homes have usually been closer to the 'center' - by 4x401 & sportsnut - where the road is harder.

But I don't care either way. C'mon down!!
Old May 26, 2020, 22:26   #215
Tuscan Raider
Registered

If there is enough interest, I would like to do
a night shoot with pistol lights.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old May 26, 2020, 22:27   #216
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You can have our spot - no problem at all.

We usually get there through an 'S' turn between the trees that I wonder if you can negotiate in the Cruise Monster. The guys in motor homes have usually been closer to the 'center' - by 4x401 & sportsnut - where the road is harder.

But I don't care either way. C'mon down!!
We'll play it when we get there Thursday morning. If anybody scouts it out that would be cool.
Old May 26, 2020, 22:32   #217
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
Be nice to have a revolver only event with a mandatory reload some day....
Loose powder reload on the clock? I’m in... 😁
Old May 26, 2020, 22:55   #218
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-60 View Post
There's only 3 of us that own a revolver.
And who were you thinking of? I have a couple in .22lr, .38 special 5 shot S&W, and a .38/.357 Taurus I’ve never fired. The unfired (except by the factory) S&W 27-2 .357 mag in original presentation box with original paperwork will NOT be coming with me 😂
Old May 26, 2020, 22:58   #219
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Quote:
Could we do two-handed close quarters combat style?
Old May 26, 2020, 23:22   #220
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Loose powder reload on the clock? I’m in... 😁
Get a '58 Remington and do the Eastwood thing in Pale Rider...
Old May 26, 2020, 23:38   #221
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
I'm interested in the night shoot with pistol lights. Of course, night shooting isn't going to get in the way of my beer drinking, so that's not a concern of mine.

I'm assuming that this is Friday night? I'd think that most people will be planning to putt guns away after the King Shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmil
Could we do two-handed close quarters combat style?
This. I wouldn't be that keen to do some long-distance target shooting with lights - although I'd definitely be about multiple engagement distances.

CQB handgun shooting in the dark = No drinking before hand. Everyone already knows this, but I'd hope we'd all be sticklers on that one.
Old May 26, 2020, 23:43   #222
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Loose powder reload on the clock? I’m in... ��
I'd definitely hang around to watch that.

if I ever go for a cowboy gun, it's gonna be a Colt Peacemaker or copy thereof. When I was a kid I read my grandfather's leather bound Time-Life books The Cowboys and The Gunfighters until those pages were worn out. i was always a fan of the later Colts
Old May 27, 2020, 05:49   #223
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Get a '58 Remington and do the Eastwood thing in Pale Rider...
Already have a couple, hate them lol. I’ll stick with colts.
Old May 27, 2020, 09:44   #224
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
Jason is in and Ryne is still a maybe.

Quote:
We prolly don't need this anymore, but just in case someone is wondering:

Attendees:

1. snowhawk jockey
2. snowhawk hawklet 1
3. snowhawk hawklet 2 (they're big kids now, but they'll put their own names up if they want...)
4. tdb59
5. 4x401
6. Cousin Bill
7. Kevin (maybe)
8. sportsnut
9. Otis61
10. Brother (maybe)
11. Tuscan Raider
12. Elkaholic
13. Brush511
14. Brother Wayne
15. 12v71
16. Coffee Vixen
17. Boyle
18. Ms. Cheesecake
19. nickmil
20. Mark-60
21. Tailback
22. Kotengu
23. Stimpy
24. Stimpy Spawn
25. Dodge City (Charlie)
26. Jake
27. Justin
28. JDHD Junkie
29. brunop
30. Natalie
31. Jonathan
32. Meredith
33. Sophia
34. MadMertegen
35. Herkamer
36. Tat2
37. PSLjunkie
38. PSLjunkie Son #1
39. PSLjunkie Son #2
40. Junior
42. Junior's Better Half

Some "Maybes"...

43. Kwthor
44. Jason - sportsnut's buddy
45. Ryne
46. Exit308

Others? Help me out.

Ron W.
sportsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 12:25   #225
Mark-60
Registered

FALaholic #: 77887
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmil View Post
And who were you thinking of? I have a couple in .22lr, .38 special 5 shot S&W, and a .38/.357 Taurus I’ve never fired. The unfired (except by the factory) S&W 27-2 .357 mag in original presentation box with original paperwork will NOT be coming with me 😂
Good lord Grandpa! That's a lot of 6 (5) shooters!

Mark-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 14:34   #226
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
At least he will never drop and lose his magazine, or have to figure out which spare mag goes in which frame!

I think I have one of those oldfangled rotary dial crank fire jobbydo's in the attic. Might have to blow the cobwebs out and find a "speed loader" for it...
Old May 27, 2020, 15:35   #227
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut View Post
Jason is in and Ryne is still a maybe.
Duly noted. Glad he can make it.

Hope Ryne is a 'go' - it'd be good to see him out there.
Old May 27, 2020, 18:41   #228
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Already have a couple, hate them lol. I’ll stick with colts.
If'n you want to give them away... I'll give them a loving home, hope they like Pyrodex
Old May 27, 2020, 18:41   #229
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

For those attending the Oregon event.....

...........today is what I would classify as a perfect Summer Day in this AO.

Perfect blue sky.

A lovely 79 degrees.

16% relative humidity.

^

Pay attention to this.

The Range Prick will be reminding you on June 19th.

Old May 27, 2020, 20:28   #230
MountainBear
Registered

FALaholic #: 21087
I’ll be there. Coming in Friday morning.

Last edited by MountainBear; May 27, 2020 at 21:29.
MountainBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 21:58   #231
4x401
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

Glad you'll be there!

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

Old May 27, 2020, 21:58   #232
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Great news!

Duly noted.
Old May 27, 2020, 22:50   #233
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

43 hard 'yeses'.

That's amazing. I'm pretty stoked about this.
Old May 27, 2020, 22:58   #234
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
For those attending the Oregon event.....

...........today is what I would classify as a perfect Summer Day in this AO.

Perfect blue sky.

A lovely 79 degrees.

16% relative humidity.

^

Pay attention to this.

The Range Prick will be reminding you on June 19th.

Oh jeez. 😏

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old May 27, 2020, 23:22   #235
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
43 hard 'yeses'.

That's amazing. I'm pretty stoked about this.
Yeah, I'm amazed that 12V junior is in. He's taking the Valkyrie out for a double 200yard zero check and buying 9mm to borrow my Beretta. Should be a lot of fun.
Old May 28, 2020, 17:43   #236
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
Quote:
Oh jeez. ��
Oh jeez is right. It'll rain at least once before the shoot though.

I hope!!!
Old May 28, 2020, 17:47   #237
otis61
Registered

Quote:
Yeah, I'm amazed that 12V junior is in. He's taking the Valkyrie out for a double 200yard zero check and buying 9mm to borrow my Beretta. Should be a lot of fun.
Awesome!!!
Old May 28, 2020, 18:11   #238
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
If he can find any.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old May 28, 2020, 19:38   #239
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Our nearest Bi Mart is 100 miles west of us, just before the stupid started they had 1000 round buckets for what sounded like a good price. $125ish ? comes to mind. A friend bought a bunch. Hey that works... He owes me 25 bucks for a Wolff spring set for his High Standard .22. I'll take some in trade.
Old May 28, 2020, 22:20   #240
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Our Bimart just got in 1/2 cases of LC 7.62x51 for $0,60/rd!
Old May 28, 2020, 22:30   #241
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Wow. That's a good price for new .308
Old May 29, 2020, 16:03   #242
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis61 View Post
Oh jeez is right. It'll rain at least once before the shoot though.

I hope!!!
Thanks for that, Otis......tomorrow.....

Saturday:
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. High near 69. West wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then showers likely. Low around 38. West wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...2#.XtF51VVKjDc
Old May 29, 2020, 19:02   #243
otis61
Registered

Quote:

Saturday:
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. High near 69. West wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then showers likely. Low around 38. West wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Old May 29, 2020, 19:41   #244
4x401
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

I prefer rain to 90 deg. temps ANYTIME!

Its supposed to down pour in the valley tomorrow! Our gardens going to love it!

"DON'T SHOOT MARK!"

Old May 29, 2020, 19:44   #245
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
I prefer rain to 90 deg. temps ANYTIME! ...
BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah

Old May 29, 2020, 20:02   #246
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:

Saturday:

I hope some of that rain makes it out east of Bend. I'd love for it to rain every other day for two weeks leading up to the shoot.

Think of the sauna like conditions when we get wet / soaked pumice and 90* desert heat.
Old May 29, 2020, 20:04   #247
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Oh, and sportsnut - no matter what Rich pays you to leave the rain gear at home, I'd like a chance to match it for you to bring it.

Let's just say that I don't love the rain.
Old May 29, 2020, 20:16   #248
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Let's just say that I don't love the rain.
Amen !

I endured 7 years in the fargin' ..trench....ditch...humid mudpit from hell.... Willamette Valley.....

Old May 29, 2020, 20:16   #249
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

PAGE 6 !

Old May 29, 2020, 20:25   #250
12v71
Old Fart
Silver Contributor