V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2019, 22:27   #52
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The older I get, the crabbier I get. i'm pretty close to the 'get of my lawn' level of oldness I think.
Well, normally I'm not a crabby fellow, but with advancing age I find I just don't tolerate fools and morons as well as I used too. I walked into a Gatti's Pizza place this evening and ordered a pie to go. I also asked the young girl for "a couple" salads. She asked how many salads did I want?

It's been a hot day, a project of mine was giving me trouble and I had to run a long errand to boot. I know I must've had a "bit of an edge" in my voice when I replied, "Two! Like a boy and a girl. Like a husband and a wife. Like a man and a woman. Like two people-a couple!" She made some lameass reply and I then asked, "Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore? They sure used to!" Now, she was big-eyed and speechless. I almost felt bad, but this is the second time in recent memory when the exact same damned thing has happened. What the hell is wrong with people who don't understand what a couple means?

Okay. Maybe I am just a little more crabby than I once was...

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2019, 23:24   #53
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Some truth Mark
you were on my dick buying a couple cherry C1 sets of wood back then
As usual, you are full of shit.

I've never had the slightest interest in Canadian anything.

But again, don't let facts get in the way of one of your cool stories.

Now go make me a sammich, newbie.
Old August 06, 2019, 23:28   #54
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I go to Subway sometimes. They have these dark-haired, elfin gurls working there and they have to make you a samwich. They don't have a choice. I call them ma'am and try to treat them like they're above me. I'm just a stupid dork.

Last edited by Mebsuta; August 06, 2019 at 23:33.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2019, 23:33   #55
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post

I keep wondering when the 'nice young men in their clean white jacket's are going to come and take him away' . . .

But that's just me.

Old August 07, 2019, 05:41   #56
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
I go to Subway sometimes. They have these dark-haired, elfin gurls working there and they have to make you a samwich. They don't have a choice. I call them ma'am and try to treat them like they're above me. I'm just a stupid dork.
Try calling them "miss" and maybe you'll get lucky.

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 10:04   #57
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Colored chicks are bestest.

Is that what they call a Rainbow Coalition?
Old August 07, 2019, 11:36   #58
ratas calientes
Registered

FALaholic #: 1841
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH-HIDR View Post
Who could ever forget the 'Janitor' Democrat from New Mexico...

Jeez.
Vince. I consider him a friend. Lost of knowledge about firearms. Saw him install the shepherd's hook spring in an AK like it was second nature.

But he does owe me a beer.
Old August 07, 2019, 12:44   #59
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Mebs,,,if ya truly looking for a little woman,,,,hell man,,,,there are a ton of them out this way,,,most even have their own teeth too!!!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 14:29   #60
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post
Vince. I consider him a friend. Lost of knowledge about firearms. Saw him install the shepherd's hook spring in an AK like it was second nature.

But he does owe me a beer.
And Andy some Raybans

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 15:02   #61
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
And Andy some Raybans
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 15:38   #62
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

I believe back then there was a need to be civil as you never knew who was going to be off loading some cool stuff next. Now its not so much.

Not many newbs to the board as there aren't that many kits out there any more. Look at the Israeli kit thread if you want to see a bunch of new blood.

I'm amazed those kits are still out there.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2019, 17:13   #63
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79321
I'm a new guy here. I have learned a lot about FAL's through this site, and met some interesting people. For me, I read just as much beneficial information as bullshite, but I guess that's normal for an online group. I do wonder where this site and interest in FAL's will be as the senior members age out? I think there's a few young bucks like myself to keep interest in the history of the FAL weapon system and this website. I guess time will tell.
Southern 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 08, 2019, 01:47   #64
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:

Well shit, if you say so Mark
been over twenty years now so hey if you are positive, I'll retract all that so you can feel all joyous

Back in the day I never advertised my shit as C1 though
simply Inch pattern and back then no one was all anal regarding shit being "correct" either

My Canuck wood was premium
and yeah guys like you were deep into my pile
nobody gave a hoot about shit being correct, we were all about looking clean and decent & NOS Canuck Black Walnut was as good as it ever has got
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 08, 2019, 08:46   #65
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Well shit, if you say so Mark
been over twenty years now so hey if you are positive, I'll retract all that so you can feel all joyous

Back in the day I never advertised my shit as C1 though
simply Inch pattern and back then no one was all anal regarding shit being "correct" either

My Canuck wood was premium
and yeah guys like you were deep into my pile
nobody gave a hoot about shit being correct, we were all about looking clean and decent & NOS Canuck Black Walnut was as good as it ever has got
((sigh))

And you are still full of shit. The event never occurred. Changing a few points to try to weasel out of it, might be amusing to some. But for one who knows that you never let facts get in the way of one of your "stories", well, it's rather boring.
Old August 08, 2019, 09:28   #66
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Nothing remains the same, that's for sure. I think perhaps there is less of the "gentlemen's club" atmosphere, unfortunately, but I will say I believe that there is still a core group of folks who I greatly respect and admire, who I would be proud to stand with.
+1. This pretty much sums it up for me.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2019, 07:53   #67
Tex
Registered

FALaholic #: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Well,

I believe back then there was a need to be civil as you never knew who was going to be off loading some cool stuff next. Now its not so much.

Not many newbs to the board as there aren't that many kits out there any more. Look at the Israeli kit thread if you want to see a bunch of new blood.

I'm amazed those kits are still out there.

Thorack

After the blue board, and all these years, I just noticed your member number...lol. Guess we both had nothing better to do that day. Surf the net looking at guns (FALs) and register for the new Files.....lol
Old August 11, 2019, 13:25   #68
hydrotx
Registered

FALaholic #: 37
It’s interesting to see how the personality of the files has changed over the years as we have all aged. I lost interest several years ago due to some of the postings, and within the past year or so dropped back in to see how things are here.

I do miss the information and musings of some who have long since posted their last.
Old August 11, 2019, 16:45   #69
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Hi Fal Filers.

I'm here since 2006 or so. I'm really happy to be here. I try to check in every day. I see i posted 2800 times and it looks like i got some 7800 pictures online. That gave me a little WTF moment. Seems to be a nice place...

I learned a lot here, saw a lot and even met people in person here in Belgium. From South Africa to the USA. How great is that
And yes, they love our beer and chocolates.

I received many questions too. About FN, FAL's other rifles, our army and so on.
I tried to help or answer. Not always easy and sometimes, the army or museums kick my balls if i use pics of items in there storage. So be it.

Sharing is caring...

Any, i'm honored to be part of this.

Thanks!

Paco
paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2019, 16:48   #70
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
Frankly, it amazes me the self-proclaimed arrogant bastard doesn't have every last member here on ignore.

I'm thrilled and proud to be on his "NO" list...at least I think I still am. You reckon he might see this post? He could go thermonuclear on me...again. Isn't it fun to poke the bear?
Old August 13, 2019, 17:16   #71
Cava3r4
Registered

FALaholic #: 6560
Chit !!!!!!!!!!
all these years I thought a "gentlemans club" was a t*tty bar!
Cava3r4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2019, 18:32   #72
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAndy View Post
Frankly, it amazes me the self-proclaimed arrogant bastard doesn't have every last member here on ignore.

I'm thrilled and proud to be on his "NO" list...at least I think I still am. You reckon he might see this post? He could go thermonuclear on me...again. Isn't it fun to poke the bear?

I chased after a cute little gal once,,,damn she was pretty,,,,best thing ever happened to me,,,she ignored my peckerwood little self.

Fast forward 25 yrs,,,,,she's damn near 400 pounds,,,8/9 kids,,toothless,,still evil,,working at a 7/11 store.

Being ignored,,,not always such a bad thang.

Old August 13, 2019, 20:50   #73
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
I just looked at my sign in info, and I'm been on the Files for ten years. Damn, where did ten years go? Things have changed a bit. Several of the people I liked have died, but on the other hand, we got rid of DABTL, which was a definite improvement to the peace and tranquility of the site. From what I understand, he actually wasn't too bad in person, but he sure was an ass on the Files. There are, and always will be, a certain number of dingbats, idiots, and obnoxious jerks in any moderately large group of people you want to name. But on the whole, I still think the Files is a good place to hang out. And there is still an incredible amount of information here. This is still one of the better sites on the internet for gun guys.
Old August 14, 2019, 12:28   #74
FAL freek
Registered

FALaholic #: 10400
Watched this place go from one of the most highly respected gun boards on the net where sitewide people made an effort to help out fellow members to it's current incarnation. Stayed away for a few years because too many nutty CTs and s**t heels were dragging the place down with their childish antics. Now that the worst of the CTs and s**theels got bored and left this place has reached more of an equilibrium and come up a notch or two but the damage has been done.

Will relay a story again about being at Knob Creek a couple years back and this place got brought up as a topic. Watching the vendors there voice their experiences with this place was almost comical and several more had no problem jumping in and giving this place a good thrashing as well, laughing the whole time and swearing they'd never come back. At the time I wasn't even visiting the Files but knew everything they were saying was spot on. Although most of the trouble makers have left this place will never again have the same high standards it did when I first joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
I keep wondering when the 'nice young men in their clean white jacket's are going to come and take him away' . . .

But that's just me.

Nope not just you.

Liberals want diversity in everything except your opinion.
FAL freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2019, 13:07   #75
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Nostalgia - fond memories of something that never was.
Old August 14, 2019, 13:32   #76
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
I come and go but this board is one of the very few places left not moderated into political correctness. It was close, back when there was a basement and beatlejuice was causing so much trouble, weg was sort of trying to keep the crazy topics out.
Old August 15, 2019, 07:40   #77
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Quote:
Nostalgia - fond memories of something that never was.
Always so negative, have you tried prozac?

Vince
Old August 15, 2019, 08:39   #78
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1a1man View Post
Question. When I joined this group many years ago we were a gentle mans club so to speak. There was a lot of respect for each other among everyone here. Has that changed? I see it with some people, and I don't see it with others, while understanding there is a new generation of people, I would love to think we are still the group that was originally formed.
It has never been anything but a "spit & argue" forum in my opinion,,, that it's charm and attraction.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 20:14   #79
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
we are the same. it is the country we live in that is different.

christ said to be reasonable with a reasonable man, and to be unreasonable with an unreasonable man, which is entirely reasonable. America is under attack today, and i will not go quietly into that gentle good night. please forgive my apparent intolerance. it is exercised in an effort to retain a state of tolerance.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 20:16   #80
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtz View Post
Always so negative, have you tried prozac?

Vince
dude needs haldol, or chloropromazine, at the least.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 23:20   #81
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaracistshithead View Post
christ said to be reasonable with a reasonable man, and to be unreasonable with an unreasonable man, which is entirely reasonable.
What did Christ say about maligning someone's intellect, judgement, and character, based only upon the so-called "science" of his skin color?
Old August 16, 2019, 02:45   #82
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
I am not able to state why I still come to this board. I suppose that I will continue to do so until I have a reason not to do so. On infrequent occasions I have an opportunity to be of service to a member in need. I am pleased when they come along. If only there weren't so much desert between the oases.
Old August 16, 2019, 08:38   #83
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
I am not able to state why I still come to this board. I suppose that I will continue to do so until I have a reason not to do so. On infrequent occasions I have an opportunity to be of service to a member in need. I am pleased when they come along. If only there weren't so much desert between the oases.
The noise to signal ratio does seem to be degrading here lately......

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 09:16   #84
Charles_The_Hammer
BANNED

FALaholic #: 76904
Quote:
What did Christ say about maligning someone's intellect, judgement, and character, based only upon the so-called "science" of his skin color?
You don't need to look to ancient sages for that forbidden knowledge. Every single study related to IQ correlates it to race whether intentional or not, with East Asians ranking at the top and Australian Aborigines at the bottom. Other diversity heretics include some guy named Charles Darwin, and more recently some other fellow named James Watson. But what would he know about it, anyway? He's just the guy who discovered the DNA double helix and won a Nobel Prize in science for doing so. He probably sucks at running a hydraulic press and a lathe, though.
Charles_The_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 10:06   #85
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
The noise to signal ratio does seem to be degrading here lately......
Ignore works wonders for the newby worthlessmutherfuckers,, as well as some of the old timers, which will jump onto the I hate everyone/everything band wagon,,if presented some cover by others.

Old August 16, 2019, 10:36   #86
Charles_The_Hammer
BANNED

FALaholic #: 76904
Personally, I have never put someone on ignore, but if I did, I would pop up after every post they made to let them - and everyone else - know how much I was ignoring them.

Because that is the literal definition of ignoring.
Charles_The_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 11:06   #87
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
I have been a lurker here for many years before finally joining this year. The level of knowledge on this forum is unsurpassed in all other forums on the net, combined. All that I have learned about the FAL has come from the dialogue between members here. Inspiration provided through the boards many members led me to acquire my first FAL, a Springer 4800. Later on, technical info gained in reading the files inspired me to start down the path to building several more riFALs for myself and family. Always has been a spirited place to trade ideas. But of late the files seems to have gone to the minus. It's a trend that needs to be arrested before one of the Internet's treasures is lost.

Debate is a good thing and can provide a learning experience for all parties if done without disparaging comments. Trash talk and name calling is what happens when one side becomes devoid of facts and sensibilities. Juvenile interactions are commonly this way.

It takes a minimum of two people to constitute an argument. Were it to be left to only one individual banging the drum, ignoring same relegates the issue to the proverbial tree falling in the woods. Mark Twain probably summed it up perfectly with "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Uriah Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 12:52   #88
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah Lee View Post
Mark Twain probably summed it up perfectly with "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
I had that quote on the whiteboard in my classroom for many years.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 13:20   #89
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Yeah the site changed. Originally it was all about Fals, kits, assembly, good/bad receivers, finding parts etc..... but still most all of that is long gone what are we really left with?

News, politics, chick pics, laughing at the antics.

...............juanni
Old August 16, 2019, 14:26   #90
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Yeah the site changed. Originally it was all about Fals, kits, assembly, good/bad receivers, finding parts etc..... but still most all of that is long gone what are we really left with?

...............juanni
i still find 0.5 new FAL's a month or so
paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 14:52   #91
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
So how far are you from the FN plant?
Old August 16, 2019, 15:17   #92
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_The_Hammer View Post
Charles Darwin

-
-
--
Old August 16, 2019, 15:53   #93
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Well it isn't very brotherly, rubbing it in like that.

...........juanni
Old August 16, 2019, 23:23   #94
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62FMJ View Post
This place is no longer free.

It's f*cking leftist cuck site filled with leftist, commie cucks, and it's turning into a shithole.

We need a moderator who isn't some leftist shill fucktard.
Perhaps you may find Arfcom is a better fit for you.
Old August 17, 2019, 14:02   #95
FIANNAFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 9035
Not the type of Gentlemans Club post I expected either. O well, been posting since the blueboards and never used ignore button or spellpeck.
I even have one of Gunplumbers memographed how to books.

First discussion board I ever joined, once online. Most likely the last.
Old August 17, 2019, 14:06   #96
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post

...............juanni
Says the guy with less than 1% of his posts about guns.
Old August 17, 2019, 16:05   #97
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73180
I still feel like a newbie here. I can separate the pissing contests from useful information. I have bought from marketplace - a FEW kits, done some group buys. Have had Gunplumber do (don't know how many) builds and re-finishes.

Yeah a lot of online boards have sunk a bit in the last decade (motorsports, racing and even the science boards I frequent) but it still doesn't take a whole major effort to find what I need.

I don't need a button to ignore... I do my ignore "old school."
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2019, 22:03   #98
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Ignore works wonders for the newby worthlessmutherfuckers,, as well as some of the old timers, which will jump onto the I hate everyone/everything band wagon,,if presented some cover by others.
For the first time in years I have put a couple members on ignore. It does help a bit.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2019, 22:23   #99
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
For the first time in years I have put a couple members on ignore. It does help a bit.
I like a good argument,,,exchange of ideas,,sharing of information and opinions,,,but this recent bunch of """Zerohedge commenters"",,,they got nothing to offer,,, but ages old hate,,,nothing I can say will ever change their minds on anything,,,so off to ignore with the whole bunch of them.

Even some of the old timers I've always enjoyed going back and forth with got added to the list. This new current level of hate brought out the worst in them.
So,,,let them talk to one another,,,which will be boring as all hell.

Dropped my post count,,,which is also a good thing.

Old August 18, 2019, 07:19   #100
madrad62
Registered

FALaholic #: 78107
cigars and beer bellies

I cant remember if it was here or the cmp site! I had commented on the days of cigar chewing half bald guys with beer bellies blocking the isles of gun shows,now its double wide baby carriages and goof balls toting around a mosins,trying to poke your eye out.
The point is,things change and you either roll with it or stay on the porch.
My self I prefer to try and be polite[honey vs. vinegar].I have been messing with fire arms since i was around 14,I know alot more than other people about the subject and a lot less than others.Im always willing to learn.
On the other hand,its funny as shit when you knuckle heads start arguing over trivial shit.
cmp,milsurps,ect,have a wealth of knowledge,but can get kind of stuffy boring[no sense of humor].At least over here there can be friendly banter[some times not]. Case in point,I once got bot my pee pee smacked for posting happy birthday on 4/20 to uncle adolf[I'm not a nazi] on the cmp site.
So, have a nice day all you know it all,near sighted,short peckered,passive aggressive,ego maniacs-go chew a cigar.
madrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote