Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old October 31, 2019, 22:31   #1
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Rowjimmy ???

Anyone know what happened to him? He disappeared and was last seen in February according to his profile.

Love him or hate him, he was prolific here. I hope he is OK ???
Old November 01, 2019, 00:56   #2
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I think he moved to Brazil, found happiness with carnival gurls, and forgot all about rifels.

Last edited by Mebsuta; November 01, 2019 at 01:01.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2019, 05:17   #3
lostmybearing
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62976
I've been wondering the same thing.
Old November 01, 2019, 05:40   #4
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Sounds like a worthwhile quest
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2019, 06:25   #5
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
He has probably been able to train his students to think for themselves and found this place to be lacking . . .
Old November 01, 2019, 08:19   #6
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Good thing we have RSS here to take his place. Plus, he’s managed to double the twattiness while halving the intelligence. That’s no small feat so at least we have that going for us, which is nice.

I hope RJ is okay, though. He was usually worth reading, and I think he did some RNG’n which makes him OK in my book.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2019, 13:59   #7
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Last he and I spoke,,,,,he said he was tired of the then current BS,,was taking a break,,,

Until his return,,,I am looking for new investors in the post world wide major disaster whore house operation we'd planned for years.

Franchise opportunities are also available,,,in your local areas,,,cost,,,,8 cases of beans,,,re-fried for here west of the big muddy,,,pinto for east of the big muddy.

Our motto,,,once the world is knocked flat,,,can't get it up anymore,,,mankind will rise to the occasion....

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2019, 14:19   #8
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
He has probably been able to train his students to think for themselves and found this place to be lacking . . .
...if not an outright waste of bandwidth....unless of course teaching pigs to sing is one's avocation.....

tdb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2019, 13:53   #9
longhair51
Constitutional curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5884
He probably lost his flashlight again and went lookin for the ?/@#6&8 that took it.

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
longhair51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2019, 14:46   #10
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
He’s missing?

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2019, 15:09   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2019, 15:11   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Good thing we have RSS here to take his place. Plus, he’s managed to double the twattiness while halving the intelligence. That’s no small feat so at least we have that going for us, which is nice.

I hope RJ is okay, though. He was usually worth reading, and I think he did some RNG’n which makes him OK in my book.

He also drove down to GA for Bruce's match at least once. Good rifle shooter. Great pistol shooter.

He's a good guy. Bob would be welcome at my place for dinner or if TSHTF, but it would be a long drive or walk.

I think he's busy playing his guitars and working with students. He's good at those things, too. Shlomo got a giant laugh out of the famous RowJimmy Challenge / BillyBob teef video all those years ago. The answer is "6 seconds". Not sure it's been done with an FAL yet, but some people have come close.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote