The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old April 22, 2020, 20:36   #201
TheOtherChris
Registered

FALaholic #: 2050
I work in the housing sale and refi industry.
I tell you it is beyond belief how busy we are.
I understand whey some would refinance their house to pay other bills (though I don't agree with it).
But why are so many jumping in to buy a new house when it is likely prices will fall substantially. I mean there are 22 million more people out of work now than there were last month.
I am starting to see Lenders dragging their feet to close on loans that were already approved so I know this won't last forever.

All of this means that when the Buy/Sell/Refi boom ends I will be busy with foreclosures.
Old April 23, 2020, 05:08   #202
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
CBP is asking for the border to be sealed as 9 agents in the El Paso office tested positive last week. I got some tasty blackberries just shipped in from Mexico.
But... but... how will we get our daily quota of illegals and drugs and cartel people if the borders are closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherChris View Post
All of this means that when the Buy/Sell/Refi boom ends I will be busy with foreclosures.
And maybe then a schmuck like me will have a chance to get a house.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 09:26   #203
hawk962
Registered

FALaholic #: 9621
North Carolina here, went to the local Harris Teeter yesterday. Everything was well stocked except for sanitizer and the totally empty paper product aisle. They have implemented a mask and glove policy for the employees and have social distancing notifications posted all over the store. Approximately 50% of the customers were wearing ppe. One guy had a purple mask sewn up from a crown royal bag. 47 cases of the wuhan in the county as of 2pm yesterday. The governor is scheduled to have a press conference this afternoon to discuss a phased approach of opening the state. The current stay at home order is set to end on 4/29.
hawk962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 12:18   #204
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Went to Lowes yesterday,,,everything pretty normal,,they have placed glass shields up in front of checkout stations,,,but they were out of some corner round,,so,,,across town,,,3 minute drive,, and parked at Home Depot,,,walked in,,or tried too!!!

All but one entrance is blocked off,,,,and only 50 people allowed in store at any given time.

Walked away.

Our country has lost its damned mind.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 13:12   #205
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Going t to the range today as its declared open by the governor so may as well enjoy some shooting time.

Governor said as of May 1st citizens will be allowed non emergency doctors vists. You have to be dying to see a doctor until then.
Old April 23, 2020, 13:57   #206
kawasakifreak77
Registered

FALaholic #: 81651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
And to think there are people that still believe we aren't living in a police state.
kawasakifreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 15:15   #207
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakifreak77 View Post
And to think there are people that still believe we aren't living in a police state.
Was it not F451 that had flying drones and cops zipping around going after people???

What was once fantasy,,,now reality..........

But,,,they make shotguns and buck shot for little drones.

Old April 23, 2020, 15:23   #208
longhair51
Constitutional curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5884
Went to the store again yesterday. Middle of the day and there were not many people shopping. Everything was well stocked except canned beans...weird!

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
longhair51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 15:46   #209
hawk962
Registered

FALaholic #: 9621
North Carolina lock down has been extended until at least May 8. There will be a three phase plan to open things up once the "threshold" has been met with 6 weeks or longer between phases. Grocery stores, Lowe's and the ABC stores have installed plexiglass shields for the cashiers. Forgot to mention earlier, the local ABC store has signs posted stating they will only accept credit/debit cards for purchases.
hawk962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 18:18   #210
Bawana jim
Registered

Found a deal buying restaurant food at a good price and let my neighbors and friends in on it. The guy selling the food was told don't sell to the public anymore so something has changed. They went from help us sell to we are not allowed to sell just overnight.

Friend called and said she has a medical problem that hurts bad but they are not allowing her treatment even though we have damn few cases of wuflu.

My car insurance sent me $150 check because of the virus not letting folks drive.

Last edited by Bawana jim; April 23, 2020 at 18:51.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2020, 19:27   #211
smoky
Registered

FALaholic #: 68367
Still have NO cases reported in my county.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2020, 16:51   #212
Bawana jim
Registered

National Frozen foods has shut down production in this area, 8 people in the plant came down sick is the story.
Old April 24, 2020, 17:55   #213
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair51 View Post
Went to the store again yesterday. Middle of the day and there were not many people shopping. Everything was well stocked except canned beans...weird!
That is because everybodys old beans are not cooking up soft....I have had some old pinto beans cooking all day and the little bitches are still crunchy! Yes they soaked overnight too.

I been in Texas semiconductor biz for forty years. Goes thru ups and downs but has been strong despite offshoring. We are now hearing about some program to bring some kind of module manufacturing back to the USA. Something called "ships" Big money involved, billions of dollars and the big name players are fighting to capture this program. Defense contractors I think. So I am wondering what defense related "Modules" were being manufactured in other countries? It would be killer money my employers defense group. Our cell phone products group has been hit hard but I think they are selling everything they can make right now.
Look for a whole bunch of "re-shoring" business from overseas back to the mainland.
The executive staff all sold thousands of stock options when at the peak in Feb 2020. All the insiders went crazy selling. The CEO sold a half million in one block on Feb 20. And now this week the CEO announces there will be no raises for the rank and file this year. What a total POS this guy is....
Old April 24, 2020, 19:07   #214
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
Discussion with DHS on certain critical materials, especially crystalline materials ( lithium Niobate, etc.). Most interesting question was do we have or producing the STEM folks in this area. Follow on with the National Strategic Supply folks ( how much Platnium do you need?). I think you may see a far amount of high end technical stuff come back this way.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2020, 21:09   #215
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

All but one entrance is blocked off,,,,and only 50 people allowed in store at any given time.

Walked away.

Our country has lost its damned mind.
That's a fact.

Feeling fortunate that I can afford to pay for delivery for most hobby/project things during this bullshit time in our lives.

The people walking down the street wearing masks really makes me

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2020, 22:45   #216
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
That's a fact.

Feeling fortunate that I can afford to pay for delivery for most hobby/project things during this bullshit time in our lives.

The people walking down the street wearing masks really makes me
Most of these idiots,,,,,have their big snozze hanging out above the mask,,,real mouth breathers I guess.

I'm building another pulpit for a local preacher,,,,needed some over the counter trim pieces,dental stick trim,,said the hell with it,,went home,,set up,, and just cut what I needed in the shop.

Keeping people locked up in their homes,,in this warmer weather,,will actually make the spread last even longer.

Open them windows and let the light shine in,,,,air out their places......

Old April 24, 2020, 23:04   #217
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Gun club is closed by exec. order. People making noise. I have refrained from suggesting what I think should be done.

State gov did a test/ survey for COVID exposure (I checked their population and confidence numbers, more than good enough) which shows that in our area exposure is only some 4%; given almost 100 deaths, we have a long way to go, we're still way on the upswing. I'm concerned people who were self-isolating are getting bored, and we'll see a massive infection rate increase.

We're mostly sitting it out, best we can do with half the household in medical & essential.
Old May 18, 2020, 09:05   #218
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Here in Southern NM. Not much going on. One dead. Mom and Pop eatries booming. Talked to one of my Favorite Mexican places and he is up 20% over the same time last year.
Of note along the same vein. Here Burger King and Domino's can't get ham. BK has closed for Breakfast. Haven't been to the grocery store since last week early but they had hams then.
We have to wear our badge of shame but I put it up on my forehead. Some dumb old libbie bitch, scolded me. I told her I understand RNA replication and was not Jewish and gave her the casual right hand palm salute and walked off. Probably on camera somewhere and committed who knows how many threat to public and hate crimes.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:08   #219
Bawana jim
Registered

We have a women in Salem Oregon trying to open her Salon. Kate fined her $14,000 and sent child protective services to her house. Interview her 3 year old to see if mommy was abusing her.
Old May 18, 2020, 12:15   #220
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Barber shop opened last week,,,got a haircut,,,other small shops reopening ,,,no heavy handed crap,,some silly old biddies running around,,do this or that,,we all just laugh at them.
Wife's churches pastor is hiding under his bed,,won;t reopen their church,,so mama has been going to one that never closed,,and their membership is going up through the roof.
My services never shut down,,,we maintained,,that 10 or so number,, and no police ever showed up to count heads,,and no one got sick,,,we've always washed our hands several times a day.

Old May 18, 2020, 13:12   #221
Bawana jim
Registered

I cut my own hair so I don't need a barber shop. What changed in my life is just going out to a restaurant with friends, once closed it was order out. Friends were living in fear too much but after a bit and watching who is dieing and who isn't it was easy to point out death isn't at our door. Tyranny is but not death.
Old May 18, 2020, 15:29   #222
Bawana jim
Registered

"Baker County Circuit Court Judge Matt Shirtcliff this morning issued a preliminary injunction declaring Gov. Kate Brown's executive orders related to the coronavirus pandemic as "null and void."

Attorneys for the governor said they would file a motion seeking review of Shirtcliff's decision by the Oregon Supreme Court."

Old May 18, 2020, 15:37   #223
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
death rate for PA is 1.9 hundreths of a percent. that is 1.9 per 10,000.

sux if you're the 1.9, but if not sux for the other 9,998.1.

goober chicken little and the shim are being laughed openly. everybody i talk with here says that "only trump can fix the economy now." idiots are trying to take him out by creating a need for him. total retards.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2020, 15:50   #224
Bawana jim
Registered

"Bend, OR – Prepare the Way Ministries and Bend Community Church, along with churches, businesses and individuals across Oregon, applaud the decision out of the Baker County Circuit Court today declaring that Governor Kate Brown violated the Oregon Constitution in her emergency declarations and authoritarian executive orders. The Judge ruled that churches, businesses and individuals have been irreparably harmed by Gov. Brown’s unconstitutional orders. It is time that the free exercise of religion be respected and pastors across the state of Oregon be allowed to safely meet.

The decision was given at 11:45 AM, Monday May 18, when Judge Matthew Shirtcliff of the Baker County Circuit Court definitively declared Gov. Brown’s emergency orders as unconstitutional. He said that all of her executive orders regarding the emergency declarations are “Null and Void” effective immediately.

The case was argued Thursday, May 14 and Ray Hacke of the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) and Kevin Mannix did an excellent job of presenting the clear facts of the case. The case was filed on May 6th in Baker County, Oregon, and has two key complaints. The first argues that Gov. Kate Brown overstepped her authority according to the Oregon Constitution, which says that the Governor must get approval from the legislature to extend a state of emergency beyond 30 days. Article 10 A of the Oregon Constitution requires the Governor get a 3/5th approval of the entire Legislature to extend any declared emergency beyond 30 days. Gov. Brown extended the current state of emergency until July 6 without approval from the Oregon Legislature. By doing so, she did not let state representatives from all over Oregon serve their constituents by voting on such measures. These measures have had a vastly negative affect not only churches, but also on businesses, private schools and many other organizations and individuals.

The second part of the complaint asserts that her actions violate churches’ rights under the Constitution to free exercise of religion. Many churches and ministries have been effectively shut down by this unconstitutional order, even though many counties east of the Cascades have not had any cases of COVID-19. Gov. Brown’s lawyers are attempting to claim that this complaint doesn’t apply, as she has allowed many counties to enter Phase 1 of the reopening process. However, Phase 1 still bans all gatherings larger than 25 with criminal prosecution; 97% of churches in Oregon are larger than that. She has continued her emergency declaration until at least July 6th, and if a vaccine or cure is not found, indefinitely.

Stephen Williams has been interviewed on this case and has said, “We live in a Constitutional republic… you can’t throw out the Constitution just because someone declares an emergency.” On the subject of the role of churches in our communities, Stephen said, “How can Lowes and Home Depot, not to mention liquor stores and pot shops, be deemed “essential” by Gov. Kate Brown during this COVID-19 pandemic, but churches are not? We applaud the decision of Governors DeSantis and Abbott of Florida and Texas in declaring Churches essential. Likewise, we affirm the dozen or so states that have made similar statements. Gov. Brown has usurped power she was never intended to have and through emergency declarations, become more of an authoritarian ruler instead of a Constitutionally-bound public servant.” Stephen Williams was an attendee when the case was argued at the Baker County Circuit Court and listened to all the arguments. He said, “I was shocked by Gov. Brown’s lawyers, Beatty-Walters and Abrams, who asserted that the Governor has NO limits to her power during a state of emergency. They used phrases like, ‘limitless power,’ ‘no limits,’ ‘nothing limits,’ total authority,’ ‘complete power,’ over a dozen times. What makes our country great is the fact that we have a Constitutional Republic that acknowledges we are one nation under God, not a socialistic authoritarian regime where one leader has unlimited power."
Old May 18, 2020, 16:38   #225
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Made a run over to Bisbee AZ this morning,,,most of the little shops,,restaurants are open,,good many tourist walking around.

Of course that bunch are fully protected by some really good cannabis,,, stopping at Circle K,,,one can get a contact high in quick time....

Old May 18, 2020, 17:54   #226
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
From third week of January did not go grocery shopping till second week of March. Since then have been going to grocery every three to four weeks to restock certain refrigerated and frozen items plus other items of opportunity. Learned the only time I can shop without being pushed to edge of murder is during the early morning "senior hour" and Monday mornings really best as store normally restocks as well as possible Sunday night following the weekend. Usually just need to restock a month of cold storage almond milk and other refrigerated dairy and vegetarian items.

Was stunned today to see the almond milk coolers totally empty for first time ever. Stocking manager said it was not because more people were drinking it but they had not gotten any in on a truck in over three weeks. Basically none since my last trip. Entire store looked like it had been looted and I was in line waiting for doors to unlock after their biggest restocking night. As started my day paying some bills, going to post office, etc mentioned what I had encountered at the grocery. A guy came on frequency and told me about a store just across the South Carolina line which has everything and has stunning prices but was a co-op requiring a $50 annual membership. Located in the Lake Russel, Lake Jocassee, Lake Keowee, etc area. Due to number of Lake homes have lots of high end and specialty items but because it's in a rural and otherwise low income area it's prices are cheap.

Swapped the suppressed 5.56 SBR out of wife's truck and dropped a pair of 10.5" 6.8 spc II piston drive AR pistols with Ded Foot folding braces in the locks so we had loaded pistols instead of a rifle for our "truck guns" and made a visit. They had our almond milk cheaper on every day price than our store on mega-sale. Had everything we use on shelf or in coolers, had toilet paper (limit of three) and paper towels with no limit. We loaded the truck with two months groceries and compared every price to what we pay at home on regular and sale pricing. Figuring in fuel and time it was still cheaper and less hassle a s people maintained social distancing and were polite.

I forgot to put an extra shirt on to cover my pistol and nobody said a word or even blinked about open carry. Before leaving went to service counter and asked for a manager. He was very polite and told him where we were from, why we came and that we would be back as was worth a three hour round trip to shop with them. He was appreciative and asked what items we used most and showed him mostly refrigerated and frozen vegetarian and dairy products but had favorite cereal they didnt carry and I normally only bought when on a Kroger mega-sale and would buy several cases, in fact due to sales not being as seldom I was now buying 144 boxes (full gross in distribution terms) when it was on sale. He asked brand name and flavor plus mega-sale price. Told me if ordered 144 boxes at a time he could order it in and sell it cheaper than my list had it on sale price.

I asked if needed to prepay as need it and he said no as may take a couple weeks to get it in through another distributor. He got my cell number and gave me his. Said to call before we drove that far next time so he could make sure had what we needed on floor and not waste a trip. Had a nice chat, he admired my custom 1911 and it's leather forgot to conceal and I apologized for forgetting to cover it up. He said he liked open carry in his store as made him feel safe to know he had armed customers. That's a big reason have used store we have past years is management encourages open carry plus fair prices but no longer have sales or inventory on shelf.

Asked manager of co-op if that was going to be an issue as was about to pay $50 just to shop one time and to be able to come back for a year. He said way they work will bring in most anything a member wants if able to get it and they will have food on shelf as will stop selling memberships if start having stocking issues to keep customer number in line with amount of product can acquire. He even said they may be cutting off new memberships in next few weeks because of supply chain. Stores all over metro ATL area are reporting inventory issues and saying it's going to get worse. Glad we found the co-op just over the state line in a nice place we enjoy visiting.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2020, 18:29   #227
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

BwanaJim, like your last post but saw an article the other day about pastors of two church that refused to close doors dying of covid-19 and it being rampant in their congregations. I think churches should be able to meet but should also use the common sense God gave a goat at least. Many churches around here that are meeting let families sit together but have six feet any direction between families and ask all to wear a mask and no hand shaking. I live in the fastest growing number of covid-19 cases counties in Georgia because the Hispanic community is not following even basic social distancing and common sense. Now our meat packing industry is at risk, over half of our available respirators are in use and most of the people on respirators are illegal immigrants.

We also had a big problem with another minority group playing full contact basketball till they took down the hoops in parks. Some people have to be lead for the safety of others. I have been watching the non stop soccor matches, Hispanic block parties and them congregating in large crowds including their churches with no PPE or regard for basic distancing. Now it's become a major issue and if wife or I get sick and need a ventilator after working hard to stay isolated odds are it won't be available because an illegal Mexican, Millinial generation or other group such as LGBT that are ignoring social isolation are got sick first and have all the ventilators occupied. I have two immediate family members in their 20s who thought this was a big farce and refused to alter lifestyle now in hospital with covid-19.

Somehow we need a way to regulate retarded people from risky lifestyle habits that endanger the rest of us by allowing the virus to easily keep finding new hosts to carry it. I began social isolation on Jan 19 and am still practicing it. My clients are too and it's hurting our finances but we are trying to let this thing pass then someone's kid brings it home because they had to go drink beer with their friends or someone who is not being careful brings it to a business where all other works were trying to be careful. My biggest client who normally has 30 to 40 peoplet in the office only allows two people in the building at a time. I have not let anyone in my business since February.

I think people who have been careful and can prove it should get priority on medical care. The Mexicans across street (at least half illegals) from my business who are having a BBQ with 20 to 30 people at least three days a week should be last to get medical help if sick. People like wife and I who have not been inside of a building with others without our masks and gloves plus only go out when mandatory should have priority for a hospital bed. One New York City hospital manager said at a press briefing that their problem was 84% of their covid-19 cases were illegal Hispanics and majority of deaths were illegals with undiagnosed pre-existing conditions because they had not been to a doctor before was suspended pending review to see if he keeps his job because he made a racial comment. He says it was statistics, not racism. When school starts back up in the fall I am worried we will see this really get bad. Soon as the disease figures out how to become drug resistant we are screwed if people don't use sense till a vaccination is developed.

LGS is letting two customers in building at a time and wipe down counters every couple hours and if not wearing gloves you don't handle guns unless buying it. Pissing a lot of customers off but owner doe not want himself or employees sick.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 19, 2020, 04:56   #228
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

hueyville, you of all people might appreciate this: post office here put those plexiglass barriers with a gap between them right where the counter extensions that act as separation between the stations were. The employees stay directly behind the shields with the card scanners on the customer side a bit to the left.

Many -- adult -- *masked* customers just have to run their hands on every single counter while waiting and walking and talking to the employee. You know, as if they have to keep their hands busy touching everything like a baby or a puppy. Note I never saw a customer doing that in normal times. And, instead of standing across the shield they have to be leaning on the gap, head tilted into it past the shield line as if they do not do that they can't be seen or heard by the employee... I guess sound only travel in straight lines? By that I mean I saw a short lady on her tiptoes so she could shove her head past the shield.

But they all had their masks... with the upper band tied in while the lower flapped.

I also like the ones who wear said mask as a chin protector.
Old May 19, 2020, 09:32   #229
Bawana jim
Registered

Huey, I doubt you will like my answer but I will give it anyway. Just going by the numbers of those with the Chinese flu there isn't much risk here in Oregon of dieing from it. Those at risk need to quarantine themselves and let the world move on. This flu isn't dangerous to everyone if you look at the numbers, kids don't get it and only old people are dieing from it.

Why should the rest of the world shutdown and destroy our economy when the flu isn't near as bad as predicted? Let people make their own choices as to risk.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:10   #230
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Meanwhile, in Mexico....

... virus shaped hail stones.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...ssage-22051402
Old May 20, 2020, 13:07   #231
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62FMJ View Post
It's not about the flu, it's about destroying the economy.
Its about the Chinese take over of America. Commies will buy up America as our economy fails and for pennies on the dollar.
Old May 20, 2020, 13:12   #232
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Wife and I took a drive yesterday,,,happy to report,,Tombstone AZ seems to have survived, again,,still to tough to die!

About 75% of the little shops,,eating and drinking places back open,,,,tourist were walking around,,,not the normal flow,,but a good number.

Saw a few folks in masks,,,but mostly,,like us,,just strolling about uncovered on a lovely spring day.

Southern AZ about back to normal.....

Old May 20, 2020, 16:09   #233
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Home Depot today. I realized I was the only one in the place wearing a mask. I eventually saw one employee and two other customers wearing masks. I feel it prudent to wear one in some circumstances and will as long I see fit. Of course I quit shaking hands several years ago.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 21:39   #234
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Huey, I doubt you will like my answer but I will give it anyway. Just going by the numbers of those with the Chinese flu there isn't much risk here in Oregon of dieing from it. Those at risk need to quarantine themselves and let the world move on. This flu isn't dangerous to everyone if you look at the numbers, kids don't get it and only old people are dieing from it.

Why should the rest of the world shutdown and destroy our economy when the flu isn't near as bad as predicted? Let people make their own choices as to risk.
My home county is at 3,000 cases and 50 deaths. Doctors are saying most patients are Hispanics and when tell them they have covid-19 they refuse to believe it. Brazil has become third highest number of cases and deaths now but numbers out of Mexico are to b e as trusted as numbers out of China. Saw a video today on news from doctor at hospital in Mexico City where there are ~1,500 reported deaths. He saI'd 90% of patients he diagnosis with Chinese Flu tell him he is wrong as its not a real disease, just made up by the U.S. Government to scare Mexicans to not go to U.S. same doctor questioned Mexico Cities death count as says during time of 1,500 reported covid deaths they have another 4,500+ death certificates with "natural causes" and no disease or sickness listed. He suggested doctors are being pressured by government not to list covid as cause of death.

Oregon may not be a potential hot spot but they Mayberry rural community I live in has more issues now than downtown Atlanta when look at number of cases versus available hospital beds. More I dig and research, if have legal/illegal first and second generation Hispanics in a community the majority do not believe the disease is real, are not practicing any social distancing and once it gets into an areas minority community it begins to blow up. Like hospital administrator who was fired when said over 80% of cases treated and deaths in their hospital were illegal immigrants. Every liberal organization in the country called that administrator a racist and called for their firing.

Many say most deaths are not from covid but other health issues patient had. Would patient have died of pre-existing condition without covid? Most of us have some pre-existing comdition. People have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, all sorts of internal issues that are controllable till something new is introduced. Since my pituitary cancer a decade ago my adrenals, pituitary glands and other endocrine systems have shut down. I take a dozen med to keep my system propel leveled and a coupleasure weeks ago had to have a preventative chemo infusion (every year or two) to ensure the inoperable tumor between my optic nerves stays benign. Doc said my immune system would doubly depressed and to stay home two weeks following the infusion but only stayed home ten days as a couple FAL items sold and buyers wanted them shipped.

Our post office is a war zone full of Hispanics and blacks not wearing PPE and their kids licking the door handles, wiping their snotty noses then touching everything and it's people like me who spend a lot of money on health care, follow doctors orders, am very careful that are likely to catch this and die because others are not taking it serious. I am at point where someone who coughs, sneezes or spews any bodily fluids without having face covered are as much of a danger to my life as someone trying to rob me at gun point. After having a fat Hispanic lady push me at grocery store who was nasty, smelled and wearing no PPE and when I got upset and told her to get her hands off me she just kept tryi mm get to push past me to get item she wanted off shelf.

I backed off and went half crazy calling her a stoopid Mexican b!tch and if touch me again am going to take it as a physical attack. She took off running and some well dressed white do good male chastised me for using racial slurs. I told him it was the only way I could get her to stop pushing me and what would he do if I began pushing him. Pointed at sign just a few feet away that said for all shoppers to maintain six foot distance from each other and when she put hands on me I had full right to bow up on her. His response was she likely could not read English to which I said she needed to take her fat @$$ back to mexico. He got upset but realized pushing me was a losing battle at that point and manager of grocery store who has seen me regularly in his store for years has come up with a way for me to shop with minimal interaction with others.

Watched three videos on how covid-19 has mutated already and new strains are not testing positive with existing tests reliably. When U.S. goes back to business as usual, kids go back to school and these ignorant minorites, young people, LGBT crowd and folks that think Chinese Flu is a myth are going to set the transmission rate on fire. Of my ten biggest clients only one has stayed open which is a food producer and we need food. One of ten reopened this week and the rest still have all employees working from home because our local community is now a hot spot.

I think we jumped the gun on social isolation in most parts of the country. Georgia should have continued business as normal till reported case increase indicated shutting down our economy. We could have delayed the major shut down two months and people would be more likely to slate now if not had already sat home for months before we had any significant number of active cases. Wife had people in her family from Maryland with it back in December and they came south and passed it to her North Carolina family members. Now she has seven family members in quarantine that are near point of hospitalization in an area where covid is almost unheard of. We need a better system as some areas need to be back at work but practicing social distancing while others that have reopened need to be shut down more than ever.
Old May 20, 2020, 21:44   #235
kawasakifreak77
Registered

Quote:

AMEN!

I have had it with this, its silly. There is no way we should be shutting down businesses over this which is what made me think something fishing was going on from the onset of this mess.

The government & police have waaaaay over reached with this one.

Other than not being able to go have a steak & shrimp with the wife on date night I have changed basically nothing about my day to day life but I'm kind of a homebody to begin with.

I had to go to the office Monday to do some safety BS & the safety guy tried to get me to where a mask lol. Not happening.

Let the people with health concerns stay in but don't punish the other 98% of people that just want to freakin' live our life unhindered.

Toilet paper seems to be back though lol

Oh & last Sunday, first Sunday I've been home since returning from work. Shook the door greeter's hand & hugged him. He told me that was great, nobody had done that in so long.

Last edited by kawasakifreak77; May 20, 2020 at 21:51.
Old May 20, 2020, 23:14   #236
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Kids can't get it? On what planet brother? You know I enjoy friendly sparring with you and following two weeks of quarantine because of a chemo infusion suppressing my immune system even more I have had plenty of time to read.

Quote:
NEW RESEARCH SUGGESTS SIGNIFICANT UNDERCOUNT OF CHILDREN WITH CORONAVIRUS

In the U.S., the vast majority of serious Covid-19 cases — and eight out of 10 deaths — occur in people who are*at least 65. Yet newly tabulated data show that the virus is also affecting young people across the country — and in very rare cases, killing them.

At least 201 infected children under age 18 have been admitted into pediatric intensive care units in the U.S., according to data from a national registry called*Virtual Pediatric Systems. And at least 20 people under the age of 20 have died from the coronavirus. In New York state, which has the largest number of children severely affected by the virus, 10 children who tested positive had died as of April 30, and at least 56 children had been admitted into pediatric intensive care units.

Across the U.S., more than 24,000 children have tested positive for the new coronavirus, according to state health department data compiled by a new project,*CovKid, which tracks the effects of Covid-19 on children. That total represents everyone under age 20 and includes data from New York City but not New York state and Nebraska, which have not yet reported the age breakdown of coronavirus cases. While most states are not reporting the race and ethnicity of children with the coronavirus, data from California and Illinois show that more than one third*of 3,049 children who tested positive were Latino.

As of April 30, eight states reported 20 deaths from Covid-19 among children and teens. Data reported by state health departments and compiled by the CovKid Project.

While the number of kids testing positive for the virus in the U.S. is greater than the total number of confirmed cases in many countries, including Singapore, Ireland, and Mexico, it is probably only a small fraction of all who have the disease, because of a shortage of tests and very limited testing of children. “The big question is how many kids are being tested?” said Elizabeth Pathak, an epidemiologist and director of the CovKid project. Without that information, it’s impossible to know how many are infected. So Pathak and several colleagues*used clinical data from China*to gauge infection rates in the U.S. and estimate that the total number of children infected in the U.S. is now at least 478,000.

The newly compiled data, which has not been previously reported, comes amid reports of the emergence of an inflammatory syndrome in children that appears to be linked to coronavirus infections. Doctors in six countries, including the U.K., Spain, and Italy, have*describedclusters of inflammatory disease in children that have the coronavirus. In the U.S., doctors in New York, Washington, Pennsylvania, California, and Minnesota have encountered similar cases, which some*news reports*have described as cases of Kawasaki disease, a common and treatable illness frequently diagnosed in children.

But while the children with the new syndrome may have many of the same symptoms as those with Kawasaki disease, it is more likely a manifestation of the coronavirus, according to pediatrician Mark Schleiss. “It’s something that looks very much like Kawasaki,” said Schleiss, professor of pediatrics at University of Minnesota Medical School. Children with Kawasaki disease have a fever that lasts several days, along with at least four other symptoms that may include a rash, red eyes, swollen lymph nodes, and puffy hands and feet.

But Schleiss said that the recently described phenomenon is likely just another manifestation of the new coronavirus. “Some children present with what looks like aseptic meningitis. Some present with diarrhea. It’s a challenging virus because it can look like a lot of different things,” he said. “Before you treat a child for Kawasaki, you now have to step back and say, ‘Is this Covid-19?’”

The most common symptoms of coronavirus infections in children are cough and fever, which occur in over half of patients who become sick. Many children also have sore throats and coughs, according to aninternational review*of studies of Covid-19 in children published last week, which also noted that about 10 percent of children sick with the virus have diarrhea or vomiting.

As with adults, some of the children who suffer the worst effects of coronavirus seem to have particular vulnerabilities. Among those who have died from the infection are*two*infants*and a 16-year-old girl in Denver named*Jaqueline Paisano, who had lost the ability to walk and talk at an early age after having a brain tumor. The youngest publicly identified victim of the coronavirus in Detroit, a 5-year-old namedSkylar Herbert, did not appear to have any underlying conditions before she was diagnosed with the infection after complaining of a headache.

Because of the lack of testing, it’s still unclear what proportion of children with Covid-19 develop serious or life-threatening illnesses. “We need more testing of kids even with mild symptoms before we can know the scope of the problem in this country,” said Pathak.

“At some point, we’re going to open schools back up. Camps are already clamoring to be permitted to open. And once that starts happening, we need to have surveillance in place so we can catch any uptick in hospitalizations and cases.”
1/2 milion kids in U.S. having contrated Chinese Flu and 20 deaths is far from
Quote:
"kids don't get it and only old people are dieing from it"
. I am 100% in agreement with you and not saying shut down the world but to use common sense. I read an article today on one of the twenty U.S. confirmed child deaths from Chinese Flu titled "The numbers are low until it's your child" about a five year old dying of covid in Michigan. Wife's best friend was a nurse in Detroit area until just this month. She has qualified for retirement over two years but enjoyed her job and kept working. She is super liberal, Hilary voter, CNN believer who thought Chinese Flu was a hoax till it got in her hospital system in an affluent commuter community south of Detroit. As her hospital and others began to blow up and she saw it with her own eyes she filed her retirement papers and this week was her first official week of no work.

I have to take six 10mg tablets of hydrocortisone per day due to my adrenal insufficiency. When went to get my last prescription filled my pharmacy told me they were out. This is a very important and common medicine for many. They said they had been out for three weeks and at least 1/3 of their commonly prescribed meds were arriving less than 24 to 48 hours before they run out and many they wait a week to a month after running out before resupply arrives. For us immune compromised folks this is a big deal.

Many people (some in my own family) could not understand why I keep a two to four year supply of all my needed meds. Some thought it was rude of me to accept a dozen more Z Packs from a doctor friend on top of what I already had but because they were a few months out of date the local hospital would not take them. I had a good bit of hydroxychloroquine of which some was over 20 years old and some about six years old with one bottle that was in date that was in an aunts medicine counter who died from complications due to fifty year battle with Lupus and other diseases. Hospital was happy to say they would take the in-date hydroxychloroquine but three doctor friends all said if gave it up odds were when my mom, wife, myself, etc who were being careful caught Chinese Flu it would have been given to an illegal Mexican and we might be grouped as not worth wasting any available on if any were available if metro Atlanta area went Chernobyl like NYC did.

Having my pharmacy out of my hydrocortisone, delivering two of my wife's meds a couple days late am seeing a trend and glad I listened to my doctor friends. My wife and I have nine specialists between us such as neurologist, spine doctors, orthopods, podiatrist, endocrinologist, bone disease specialist, etc. All but one closed their offices to regular practice and see only emergency patients of which two have now reopened to regular but low flu risk patients and the other six are still not booking appointments and say will not book in clinic patients until end of July when they see how this plays out locally. One of my doctor/friends has 22 locations with approximately 40 doctors, 12 personally owned outpatient surgical centers and supporting staff. He cancelled my S.I. joint nerve block series that was due last month and now sitting more than twenty minutes is miserable.

He did not cancel my lumbar nerve block series of Radio Frequency Ablations beginning last week of June as my lumbar pain will either put me back on narcotics or in hospital if we miss that series. We had an informal conversation on the phone where he told me he was easily losing over a million dollars per month and could fully open if wanted but says risk is too great. Another of my friends has hired a doctor out of med school to see his patients who basically just occupies the place so his drug testing can go on legally and he does all the real "work" from his home office in his western N.C. mountain home. Says no way is he going in the building his offices are located due to a general practicioner in the building seeing flu patients, doing covid tests and does not even have gloves for his staff and only allows them one mask a day. His nurse is swabbing dozens of potential flu patients a day without gloves and her boss says washing hands is good enough as money is his biggest motivator.

While some specialty doctors offices have opened back up, I was supposed to have my knees injected as both are wrecked in February which was cancelled and he has still not reopened his practice so I use my cane by late evening any days I work due to knee pain. If this was not an issue I don't see doctors losing millions of dollars in procedures they can do in office or in their own private surgical centers unless they have real concern. A friend at LGS wife is nurse at local hospital and not only caught Chinese Flu but after recovering and tested as completely clear to go back to work caught it a second time. They are trying to decide if she returns to work when cleared again but if she doesn't they lose their health insurance.

My niece who is a nurse at local hospital is out with Chinese Flu right now and she passed it to two other family members that she never got inside of six feet or even in same room. She went to a family event held outside where ll chairs were spaced at least ten feet apart and two others caught it likely from her as she was diagnosed two days after the event. If my doctors are scared I take it as a clue. But the economic ramifications could be as bad as people getting sick. Watching stores run out of paper goods, food, medicine, cleaning products, etc shows the supply line is failing. I know dozens of people with bomb proof lifetime jobs now unemployed. I called two multigemeralional clients and told them my situation and one sent me a weeks work today and other is pushing a job through his companies approval process that will keep me busy for at least a week or two. Not everyone has that kind of client.

Bottom line is all business and school reopening needs to take in local statistics and open if few are sick, close if they are and be willing to change as case numbers change at local levels. Do not think kids should go back to school till all can be tested as the Hispanics will infect the entire school and cause mayhem coast to coast. Kids can't catch it, be asymptomatic carriers, etc is a farce. If Chinese Flu is not at a theater near you then great! I suggest you keep taking precautions to keep it that way or an otherwise clear area may be the nation's next hot spot. Most people I know are not sending their kids/grandkids back to public school in the fall and are planning to home school them to protect the kids and themselves till see how this plays out at leat a few months.
Old May 20, 2020, 23:54   #237
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakifreak77 View Post
AMEN!

I have had it with this, its silly. There is no way we should be shutting down businesses over this which is what made me think something fishing was going on from the onset of this mess.

The government & police have waaaaay over reached with this one.

Other than not being able to go have a steak & shrimp with the wife on date night
I have changed basically nothing about my day to day life but I'm kind of a homebody to begin with.

I had to go to the office Monday to do some safety BS & the safety guy tried to get me to where a mask lol. Not happening.

Let the people with health concerns stay in but don't punish the other 98% of people that just want to freakin' live our life unhindered.

Toilet paper seems to be back though lol

Oh & last Sunday, first Sunday I've been home since returning from work. Shook the door greeter's hand & hugged him. He told me that was great, nobody had done that in so long.
Why not?

Thursday will be 3 months since I've been to town and i have plenty of both in the freezer.

I eat a big salad from my garden every day just like every year, and the strawberries are giving me a few a day (in a few weeks I will be canning and freezing many berries)
Old May 21, 2020, 00:07   #238
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Kids can't get it? On what planet brother? You know I enjoy friendly sparring with you and following two weeks of quarantine because of a chemo infusion suppressing my immune system even more I have had plenty of time to read.

1/2 milion kids in U.S. having contrated Chinese Flu and 20 deaths is far from . I am 100% in agreement with you and not saying shut down the world but to use common sense. I read an article today on one of the twenty U.S. confirmed child deaths from Chinese Flu titled "The numbers are low until it's your child" about a five year old dying of covid in Michigan. Wife's best friend was a nurse in Detroit area until just this month. She has qualified for retirement over two years but enjoyed her job and kept working. She is super liberal, Hilary voter, CNN believer who thought Chinese Flu was a hoax till it got in her hospital system in an affluent commuter community south of Detroit. As her hospital and others began to blow up and she saw it with her own eyes she filed her retirement papers and this week was her first official week of no work.

I have to take six 10mg tablets of hydrocortisone per day due to my adrenal insufficiency. When went to get my last prescription filled my pharmacy told me they were out. This is a very important and common medicine for many. They said they had been out for three weeks and at least 1/3 of their commonly prescribed meds were arriving less than 24 to 48 hours before they run out and many they wait a week to a month after running out before resupply arrives. For us immune compromised folks this is a big deal.

Many people (some in my own family) could not understand why I keep a two to four year supply of all my needed meds. Some thought it was rude of me to accept a dozen more Z Packs from a doctor friend on top of what I already had but because they were a few months out of date the local hospital would not take them. I had a good bit of hydroxychloroquine of which some was over 20 years old and some about six years old with one bottle that was in date that was in an aunts medicine counter who died from complications due to fifty year battle with Lupus and other diseases. Hospital was happy to say they would take the in-date hydroxychloroquine but three doctor friends all said if gave it up odds were when my mom, wife, myself, etc who were being careful caught Chinese Flu it would have been given to an illegal Mexican and we might be grouped as not worth wasting any available on if any were available if metro Atlanta area went Chernobyl like NYC did.

Having my pharmacy out of my hydrocortisone, delivering two of my wife's meds a couple days late am seeing a trend and glad I listened to my doctor friends. My wife and I have nine specialists between us such as neurologist, spine doctors, orthopods, podiatrist, endocrinologist, bone disease specialist, etc. All but one closed their offices to regular practice and see only emergency patients of which two have now reopened to regular but low flu risk patients and the other six are still not booking appointments and say will not book in clinic patients until end of July when they see how this plays out locally. One of my doctor/friends has 22 locations with approximately 40 doctors, 12 personally owned outpatient surgical centers and supporting staff. He cancelled my S.I. joint nerve block series that was due last month and now sitting more than twenty minutes is miserable.

He did not cancel my lumbar nerve block series of Radio Frequency Ablations beginning last week of June as my lumbar pain will either put me back on narcotics or in hospital if we miss that series. We had an informal conversation on the phone where he told me he was easily losing over a million dollars per month and could fully open if wanted but says risk is too great. Another of my friends has hired a doctor out of med school to see his patients who basically just occupies the place so his drug testing can go on legally and he does all the real "work" from his home office in his western N.C. mountain home. Says no way is he going in the building his offices are located due to a general practicioner in the building seeing flu patients, doing covid tests and does not even have gloves for his staff and only allows them one mask a day. His nurse is swabbing dozens of potential flu patients a day without gloves and her boss says washing hands is good enough as money is his biggest motivator.

While some specialty doctors offices have opened back up, I was supposed to have my knees injected as both are wrecked in February which was cancelled and he has still not reopened his practice so I use my cane by late evening any days I work due to knee pain. If this was not an issue I don't see doctors losing millions of dollars in procedures they can do in office or in their own private surgical centers unless they have real concern. A friend at LGS wife is nurse at local hospital and not only caught Chinese Flu but after recovering and tested as completely clear to go back to work caught it a second time. They are trying to decide if she returns to work when cleared again but if she doesn't they lose their health insurance.

My niece who is a nurse at local hospital is out with Chinese Flu right now and she passed it to two other family members that she never got inside of six feet or even in same room. She went to a family event held outside where ll chairs were spaced at least ten feet apart and two others caught it likely from her as she was diagnosed two days after the event. If my doctors are scared I take it as a clue. But the economic ramifications could be as bad as people getting sick. Watching stores run out of paper goods, food, medicine, cleaning products, etc shows the supply line is failing. I know dozens of people with bomb proof lifetime jobs now unemployed. I called two multigemeralional clients and told them my situation and one sent me a weeks work today and other is pushing a job through his companies approval process that will keep me busy for at least a week or two. Not everyone has that kind of client.

Bottom line is all business and school reopening needs to take in local statistics and open if few are sick, close if they are and be willing to change as case numbers change at local levels. Do not think kids should go back to school till all can be tested as the Hispanics will infect the entire school and cause mayhem coast to coast. Kids can't catch it, be asymptomatic carriers, etc is a farce. If Chinese Flu is not at a theater near you then great! I suggest you keep taking precautions to keep it that way or an otherwise clear area may be the nation's next hot spot. Most people I know are not sending their kids/grandkids back to public school in the fall and are planning to home school them to protect the kids and themselves till see how this plays out at leat a few months.

Huey,,please explain why anyone should be afraid of this china virus again?????

Heart disease and Cancer is a huge concern.

This 2,800,000 below is,,,wait for it,,,just for 2017 for USA deaths.

80,000 with wuhan virus,,If thats a correct figure,,which many people believe is pure bullshit,,,would rank up there just with Diabetes.

Are we going to destroy the country over diabetes???????

Deaths and Mortality

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, tables 1, 3, 13 pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, table B pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Old May 21, 2020, 09:38   #239
Bawana jim
Registered

Huey, from what I read young people are not dieing from the Chinese commie flu. It seems as people realized it by the numbers that the experts make up new numbers. We have had 144 people out of 4.5 million die from the CCP flu and not one person under 40 years of age has died from it.

Kids may get it but it doesn't kill them. It's killing old people. Why shut down 4.5 million lives because 144 old people have died in the last two months? I am an old man and don't think it's right to stop the old to keep me from getting the CCP flu by destroying the economy. I have lived through a government caused depression and it's destroying lives. Hate me if you want but I would gladly give up my life so my family can not live in poverty from a depression.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3847199/posts

Last edited by Bawana jim; May 21, 2020 at 11:21.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 10:28   #240
kawasakifreak77
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Why not?

Thursday will be 3 months since I've been to town and i have plenty of both in the freezer.

I eat a big salad from my garden every day just like every year, and the strawberries are giving me a few a day (in a few weeks I will be canning and freezing many berries)
Mainly due to laziness honestly, plus as much as I travel I never made the habit of keeping much perishible stuff at home.

I did start my first garden this year and it has some lettuce coming up. My carrots are struggling though.
Old May 21, 2020, 16:26   #241
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Huey, from what I read young people are not dieing from the Chinese commie flu. It seems as people realized it by the numbers that the experts make up new numbers.
That reminds me of

Quote:
We have had 144 people out of 4.5 million die from the CCP flu and not one person under 40 years of age has died from it.
CDC claims 3 kids died of covid-19
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ding-3-deaths/
Old May 21, 2020, 23:25   #242
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
That reminds me of

CDC claims 3 kids died of covid-19
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ding-3-deaths/
Tucker just ran down all the outright lies told about this bug,,with video of the lies,,its simply wild all the shit people have thrown out on this bug...........

By the time this is over,,,suicides resulting from the damned lock downs,,will be nearly as high, as the actual number of people who truly died from this virus..........

And,,most of the American population,,ate it all up and begged for more......

Old May 22, 2020, 08:38   #243
Bawana jim
Registered

"Gateway Pundit readers may recall*a recent story we did that shed light on hundreds, possibly thousands, of Oregon voters who mysteriously had their party changed, most from Republican to Non Affiliated, without their permission, consent or knowledge, effectively denying them the right to vote in their party’s primary and disqualifying them from being Precinct Committee Persons.

Today we found out the State Of Oregon is now working with Facebook to delete all mentions of this story.

Earlier today Facebook gave The Gateway Pundit a strike for posting this story even though we had 32 statements from different Oregon Republican voters to back up our report.*

Despite hundreds of people coming forward with similar stories about how they received a non affiliated ballot, and despite many screenshots from*the Facebook group*mentioned in our article, Facebook’s infamous “fact checkers” deemed the story as “misinformation” at the request of the Oregon state government."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3847512/posts
Old May 22, 2020, 11:23   #244
goon
Registered

FALaholic #: 9673
First confirmed case in my town on Wednesday, and to be honest it’s almost a relief. There was tension building, people complaining about others having garage sales, etc. Now we’re past the what-if, and for now it’s a “normal” Friday again.

Food is stocked OK, a little low on TP at the grocery store. Only “essential” workers can be working, but in reality almost everyone is considered essential. The only real changes right now are:
1. Restaurants serving mostly take out with in-building dining limited to 10
2. An overnight curfew (that’s pretty much not enforced)

Our governor has mostly handled it OK so far.
goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 06:40   #245
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
"Gateway Pundit readers may recall*a recent story we did that shed light on hundreds, possibly thousands, of Oregon voters who mysteriously had their party changed, most from Republican to Non Affiliated, without their permission, consent or knowledge, effectively denying them the right to vote in their party’s primary and disqualifying them from being Precinct Committee Persons.

Today we found out the State Of Oregon is now working with Facebook to delete all mentions of this story.

Earlier today Facebook gave The Gateway Pundit a strike for posting this story even though we had 32 statements from different Oregon Republican voters to back up our report.*

Despite hundreds of people coming forward with similar stories about how they received a non affiliated ballot, and despite many screenshots from*the Facebook group*mentioned in our article, Facebook’s infamous “fact checkers” deemed the story as “misinformation” at the request of the Oregon state government."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3847512/posts
Screenshoting the posts would save them
Old May 23, 2020, 10:00   #246
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
We haven't had a case in six weeks but this weekend even though a lot of stuff has not opened, a whole lotta tourists have turned up for the weekend.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 11:05   #247
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

I hate voting early as it could be played with but I think I will because our governor has made noise that the primary on June second has issues that because of the virus polling places may not be open so the state is sending out mail ins. Ya right, I know how mail in works in Dona Ana county. Oh, found a bag here, oh,someone set an old car battery on those.
On the other hand, that might be the plan as the early vote is rigged.
Old May 23, 2020, 16:34   #248
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Some 200 cases confirmed in my zip code, some 8k+ in Dallas county. Not sure about the curve whatever it is doing.
Produce looked good a Kroger yesterday, place was busy, most everyone wearing a mask. Meat was low stock but there. I scored a brisket for a dollar some per pound. Cookin that tomorrow in the smoker. We have seen people at restaurants although reduced crowds and a big increase in traffic yesterday.
My employer extended the work from home again until mid june. I think those bastards are not wanting to come back. All their social distancing bullshit falls apart in the bathrooms. Nothing they can do will make bathrooms safe unless the whole bathroom gets disinfected after every single use.
Wifey and I sure did love going to the Chinese all you can eat buffet up the street from work. Best buffet I have ever been to ever. Cheap, hot fresh and awesome selection. Place was always packed. Now I wonder if buffets will ever come back, especially Chinese ones......
Old May 23, 2020, 17:50   #249
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Couple days ago, (Thursday) you could not stir the crowd with a stick at Home Depot. Lots and lots of “non-essential” shopping going on. Yesterday, May 22nd, the Florida Governor stated on a televised speech that NO ONE under 25 had died from it in Florida. Also, that MORE people over 90 had died from it than folks under 65. YMMV.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 19:49   #250
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Couple days ago, (Thursday) you could not stir the crowd with a stick at Home Depot. Lots and lots of “non-essential” shopping going on. Yesterday, May 22nd, the Florida Governor stated on a televised speech that NO ONE under 25 had died from it in Florida. Also, that MORE people over 90 had died from it than folks under 65. YMMV.

Good info, shoot anybody who doesn't have a wrinkle!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote