The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old May 19, 2020, 15:57   #1
Azreaper
Registered

FALaholic #: 84274
DR200 922 parts

Hi, just bought a Daewoo DR200 and interested in converting it to non-thumbhole stock. What parts do I need, and best place to get them please? I see the US made pistol grip and have reached out and got in line there, the stock conversion from sturmwerks, and the ar15 hammer trigger and disconnector. What else? A US piston or? And best place to find these parts please, thanks in advance, appreciate the help
Azreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2020, 16:22   #2
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
http://stormwerkz.com/handguards/dae...200-handguard/ Would add another ... It just has to be 10 or less non USA parts the list that counts is
(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

Mind you not all them parts might be in one gun or another but thats the total list

Is the parts

So you got the trigger stuff if you thread the barrel and put on a USA made muzzle break you got another part , USA made stock and hanguards and pistol grip . And use USA made mags (which most are ) as they are three parts

By my count ( NOT A LAWYER ) if you swap the mag , pistol grip , stock , all the trigger parts , USA made mags you are at 4 or 5 non USA parts or so so should be good ..Do your own math and read the list though

I am not sure if anyone makes USA bolt and such for the woos anymore ..Def swap the easy stuff first grips stock and handguards mags etc and if you thread the barrel you can used a USA made muzzle device which will add another USA parts .
pre1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2020, 19:14   #3
h8pvmnt
Registered

FALaholic #: 19371
The DR200 needs 7 total us parts. US mag counts as 3 parts. So if you do pistol grip, stock and Hammer trigger and sear your at 8.
h8pvmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2020, 19:17   #4
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
The trigger group is a great place to score some 922R parts. The factory triggers suck and AR-15 triggers work fine. You may need to swap the safety too, I've see some that work fine with AR-15 triggers and some that are too tight and bind (keep in mind that the shaft of the woo safety is longer than an AR safety). If yours binds you can clearance with a dremel (not too much, you want to make sure the safety still works) or replace it with another US-made 922R part (also no big loss since the woo direction of movement is non-sensical) and you WILL want to reuse the original trigger pins as they're 0.100" longer than standard AR-15 pins.

cheers,
c
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote