The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Old April 19, 2020, 11:29   #1
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Reese surplus? Who bought inventory

Hi,
Long time ago i bought stuff at Reese surplus.
I had contact with Colleen Reese several time.
I heard thet stopped. Any clue who took over there stuff?

Thanks
Paco
paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2020, 22:59   #2
APEXgunparts
Registered

FALaholic #: 61867
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Hi,
Long time ago i bought stuff at Reese surplus.
I had contact with Colleen Reese several time.
I heard thet stopped. Any clue who took over there stuff?

Thanks
Paco
After the Father was incapacitated they transferred all the assets over to "Springfield, Inc."
I remember speaking to the son about the (non US) GI surplus inventory and if they were interested in selling anything.
I was told there was not much of anything left, other than what they used for manufacturing.
That seems like I had that conversation quite a few years ago.

Richard
Mon-Fri 9am to 4:30pm MT www.apexgunparts.com
APEXgunparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2020, 03:19   #3
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Basicly, all gone...

Crap, i would like to buy an other WILD scope for the FN K98 IZZY
paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2020, 09:22   #4
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
When I lived in Iowa, I used to visit Springfield Armory in Geneseo, IL and the Reese brother's surplus place in beautiful "downtown" Geneseo. When I went there, the storage building had no address. The building looked to be over 100 years old, mid-western style place like out of the movies or something. The brothers from the main plant told me how to find it. You could walk around all the piles of stuff, some sorted, some still in piles. They had rows of 1911 slides on what I refer to as "high school locker room benches", painted green and Embark boxes full of Vietnam era web-gear, plies of M-14 stocks. They would let me pick stuff from the piles; true "hand select". For me it was the M-14 surplus things, some of it in "as new" condition.

I had one of the saddest moments of my life there too. They had many white 5-gallon buckets full of USGI M-14 receivers torch cut in half (in those days, cut in two was good enough for the anti-gun bastards). I believe they were from the Israeli M-14s brought back over. This was the late 1980's. I don't know but the heels were in very good shape. They offered me to pick some out but I had no means or desire to try to weld them back. Too much trouble with the anti-gun Nazis to mess with that.

Jarhead
Old May 15, 2020, 20:11   #5
geardocVME2
Registered

FALaholic #: 80731
It was all gone basically by the time Bob got really sick.

You got to remember Bob had very good attorneys and he had at least one reorganization "bankruptcy".

IE: You could have a lifetime warranty BM59 Alpine(Ital), Hellenic HK Import or a SAR 48/4800, and it had been set up so that if you had "ship happens"- or the gun just needed repaired, they took it back and send you a standard M1A if you were trying to invoke lifetime warranty. A lot of people were pissed. A lot of people found out there wasn't dick to do.

About the last things he had that were worth anything went to SARCO, and it was stuff that did not get sorted for years.

SARCO had also gotten CAI's remaining parts lot of Chi-com M14 and Israeli M14 pieces from Fed Ord.

There were some complete kits of his that went to Numrich, and they didn't list them for sale for years.

I know someone who had a SAR-48 and he had a barrel issue with it. The SAR-48 days were done and gone. He gets a box back from SAI at his FFL's shop. Very unhappy man- standard M1A inside.

That happened more frequently with Hellenic/HK products. Gotta remember HK had that rule that if you were an HK dealer and you didn't charge their rock bottom minimum price on an HK Product- they would credit you for inventory, sent an account number for shipping, and a Cease and Desist for selling HK products- and it was all just if they found out you'd sold a real HK through your "licensed dealership" below their listed minimum. So they stayed on SW3 for the stainless steel receiver, stayed on SAI for the Hellenic guns, went after CAI for the Centurion, even went after the company that made the FA91 with the huge cast receiver because otherwise they contained lot of licensed parts otherwise.
geardocVME2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
collee, paco, reese, reesesurplus