Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 14, 2020, 09:34   #51
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Now that was worth waking up to read. J making the case that foreign policy ought to be based on a Christian moral value set. Freaking hilarious. Note to J: This would argue for MORE foreign intervention, more 'meddling in the affairs of others', not less. Been to church lately? Every one of 'em is down with the global agenda, without exception. Every stinking one. Except maybe Butler's Aryan Nations. Interfering everywhere on the planet, defending all from ill and supporting all with (you guessed it) your tax dollars.

By the way, a better term is Judeo-Christian. Don't look now but there's a JOO hiding in your closet .... just sayin ... Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Ummmm....... Bubbatard, I guess you haven't noticed that mainstream American Christian religion has 'strayed' from the teachings of Christ and become a cheerleader for war.

Maybe a video will help.

Ron Paul booed by South Carolina bible thumping Christians for invoking Jesus's Golden Rule.
Which virtually all organized religions have some version of.

Imagine that, a nation of bible thumpers ignoring the bible when it doesn't suit them.

..............juanni
Old January 14, 2020, 09:59   #52
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Not to mention the wailing and gnashing of teeth about abortion. How many are taking in these potential little criminals to save them from the clinic, though? All bullshit and hot air. Typical neocon moves.
We,,,my family,,extended direct family,,,have taken in 11 "potential little criminals",,,your term,,so far.

Guess what,,,,of the older ones,,,,all finished high school,,and all have finished college. Three docs,,,so far,,,, couple of teachers/professors. With zero student debt too!!!!

Couple of the younger ones,,,,wish to fly high performance jets,,,so off to flight school,,expect both of them to solo this summer when they hit the age requirement,,,4.++ students,,,both looking toward the AF academy.

Just a side note;
Take all the adults in a family,,,then pool your $$ to send the kids to school,,and pay as you go,,,kids come out student debt free,,,a good start on life,,and repeat the process as young ones come along.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 10:03   #53
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
We,,,my family,,extended direct family,,,have taken in 11 "potential little criminals",,,your term,,so far.

Guess what,,,,of the older ones,,,,all finished high school,,and all have finished college. Three docs,,,so far,,,, couple of teachers/professors. With zero student debt too!!!!

Couple of the younger ones,,,,wish to fly high performance jets,,,so off to flight school,,expect both of them to solo this summer when they hit the age requirement,,,4.++ students,,,both looking toward the AF academy.

Just a side note;
Take all the adults in a family,,,then pool your $$ to send the kids to school,,and pay as you go,,,kids come out student debt free,,,a good start on life,,and repeat the process as young ones come along.
Good for you! That is the exception, as I'm sure you know.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 10:12   #54
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Good for you! That is the exception, as I'm sure you know.
It is,,,that is a very true statement,,, at this extent.

Adoptions take place a lot,,,and don;t get a ton of press,,,most families just adopt,,, then don't speak about the original "origin" of their families.

Babies/little kids,,,are just little kids and babies,,,they don;t give two shits about whom loves and cares them.

It does make for some rather "interesting" family photos,,,,,,4 blond haired fair skinned,,with a couple/three rather darker ones thrown into the mix.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 15:46   #55
RJCapt
Registered

FALaholic #: 12442
Quote:
Jesus Christ argued for global domination and forcing our will on nations!
God's will be done!

Methinks the "Christian" church has veered a bit off-course, nothing new there. Our current state of affairs in the Middle East wouldn't be possible without it, in fact.
“Veered a little bit off course”

That may be the understatement of the century.

The “Christian church” of today (and maybe since it’s inception) is more about “religion” than Christ. Why do you think Paul had to write so many letters???

They have tried to bend Gods Word to suit themselves and their fleshly desires, but it doesn’t work that way. Gods truth is everlasting and He needs nothing from us, whereas we need everything from Him. But we try to bend His perfection to meet our sinful desires. Paul’s letter to the Galatians, was true then, it’s true now and will be true forever. It matters not if we believe or agree with it.

I believe that Adams should have replaced the words “moral” and “religious” with “righteous” in his famous quote. Morality and religion can come from man, but righteousness can only come from God. We are all too happy to accept the “rights” He has bestowed on us, but so unwilling to follow His Word and walk in His light.

Pete
RJCapt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 16:06   #56
RJCapt
Registered

FALaholic #: 12442
Quote:
Now that was worth waking up to read. J making the case that foreign policy ought to be based on a Christian moral value set. Freaking hilarious. Note to J: This would argue for MORE foreign intervention, more 'meddling in the affairs of others', not less. Been to church lately? Every one of 'em is down with the global agenda, without exception. Every stinking one. Except maybe Butler's Aryan Nations. Interfering everywhere on the planet, defending all from ill and supporting all with (you guessed it) your tax dollars.
Actually I have been to church lately, while I can’t completely dispute that a lot, heck, maybe even a majority of churches have fallen in this way, it’s the people, not the scripture that’s to blame.

People do and say dumb stuff. Whether it’s someone you might refer to as a Fudd in the gun world, or a RINO in the world of politics. People often represent themselves as something they are not. Plenty of folks out there claim (and some even believe it) to be “Christians”, when in reality they haven’t the faintest interest in God or His Word. Don’t blame the scripture, blame the man. If everyone who claimed to follow the Lord actually did, this world would be a much different place.

Pete
RJCapt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 16:33   #57
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCapt View Post
... Don’t blame the scripture, blame the man. If everyone who claimed to follow the Lord actually did, this world would be a much different place.

Pete
Amen.

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 16:42   #58
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCapt View Post
If everyone who claimed to follow the Lord actually did, this world would be a much different place.

Pete
Bullseye!

And if everyone who claimed they support the Constitution and the original vision of the Founders we would have never built an empire, be hated all over the world, or bankrupt from military adventures.

...........juanni
Old January 14, 2020, 17:07   #59
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
And lived happily ever after in our constant state of civil war.
Old January 14, 2020, 17:50   #60
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Bullseye!

And if everyone who claimed they support the Constitution and the original vision of the Founders we would have never built an empire, be hated all over the world, or bankrupt from military adventures.

...........juanni

... and if pigs had wings they'd fly. And if we could depend on 'morality' (your usage, not mine) we wouldn't need a constitution, laws or even any sort of government in the first place.

Still getting a yuge kick out of that one. Made my day, that one did. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
And lived happily ever after in our constant state of civil war.
Funny, this does seem to be the outcome when we start talking about applying the force of government to drive everyone's moral compass. Just odd to hear it from folks who fancy themselves as libertarian minded. Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom. The Puritans, among others, seemed to have missed that memo.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 19:57   #61
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
And if we could depend on 'morality' (your usage, not mine) we wouldn't need a constitution, laws or even any sort of government in the first place.
pssss...... Bubbatard all the above is required for all the people like yourself that do not have morals and think nothing of killing, stealing, etc,,, including the use of force to get what they want or think they deserve.

It isn't to rein in moral people.

..............juanni
Old January 14, 2020, 20:10   #62
Bama Steve
Registered

And we should have picked our own cotton too.
Old January 14, 2020, 20:41   #63
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
And we should have picked our own cotton too.
Should have just invented the mechanical cotton harvester and cotton gin a few hundred years earlier.

And figured out how to make boll weevils a Chinese delicacy.

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2020, 21:14   #64
Bama Steve
Registered

And women would never have been allowed to vote.
Old January 15, 2020, 04:44   #65
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom. The Puritans, among others, seemed to have missed that memo.
Like burning women alive because they did not fit in? Would sound a Muslin thing to do but at the time I do not think they were in Salem.

That puritanistic trait seem to be rather popular nowadays in Europe, the US, and Muslin countries: "I am righteous! No, I am more righteous than you! Therefore I will impose my morally superior beliefs onto you by force!" Politics has become cult.

Sounds like a lot of people have too much free time on their hands so they have to come up with some cause to die and kill for and spend their awaken hours worrying about. Must be nice to have that much free time.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2020, 06:04   #66
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Like burning women alive because they did not fit in? Would sound a Muslin thing to do but at the time I do not think they were in Salem.

That puritanistic trait seem to be rather popular nowadays in Europe, the US, and Muslin countries: "I am righteous! No, I am more righteous than you! Therefore I will impose my morally superior beliefs onto you by force!" Politics has become cult.

Sounds like a lot of people have too much free time on their hands so they have to come up with some cause to die and kill for and spend their awaken hours worrying about. Must be nice to have that much free time.
Yeah pretty much. Clearly the industrial revolution was a very mixed bag. Some people clearly do have way too much time on their hands.
Old January 15, 2020, 07:11   #67
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post

https://history.howstuffworks.com/hi...e-in-salem.htm

As in most cases, relying on Hollywood for history lessons is a bad idea.

I read in some old religious book about stoning folks for adultery, all kinds of things. Killin' kids that brought shame to parents, just some backwards SOBs I tell ya.
Old January 15, 2020, 11:41   #68
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

As in most cases, relying on Hollywood for history lessons is a bad idea.
Sad.

He probably doesn't know all that preceded the founding of the US by about 8 decades.

Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom.

It isn't a myth Bubbatard, it is just another of your false narratives.
The Puritans etc,, moved to the new world to escape religious persecution, not to found Religion Tolerance Land.

.............juanni
Old January 15, 2020, 12:21   #69
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Sad.

He probably doesn't know all that preceded the founding of the US by about 8 decades.

Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom.

It isn't a myth Bubbatard, it is just another of your false narratives.
The Puritans etc,, moved to the new world to escape religious persecution, not to found Religion Tolerance Land.

.............juanni
... Which is why it's a myth, another factual inaccuracy they teach in public schools. Come to think of it, I think I remember saying something to that effect ...

Quote:
... ... Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom. The Puritans, among others, seemed to have missed that memo.
Oh, look at that. I DID call it a myth. Your point, or are you having another one of those days?
Old January 15, 2020, 12:39   #70
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
... Which is why it's a myth, another factual inaccuracy they teach in public schools. Come to think of it, I think I remember saying something to that effect ...

Oh, look at that. I DID call it a myth. Your point, or are you having another one of those days?
Show 1 widely used public education textbook, or online source that claims the Puritans came to the new world to found a nation of religious tolerance.

Again, it isn't a myth. It is just BS you have pulled out of your ass and claim it is the pure truth.

..............juanni
Old January 15, 2020, 13:00   #71
TedKennedy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Reminds me of the myth that the country was founded to promote religious freedom. The Puritans, among others, seemed to have missed that memo.
Quote:
Show 1 widely used public education textbook, or online source that claims the Puritans came to the new world to found a nation of religious tolerance.

Again, it isn't a myth. It is just BS you have pulled out of your ass and claim it is the pure truth.

..............juanni
Y'all realize you're saying the same thing, right?
Old January 15, 2020, 13:34   #72
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I do. Seems I'm alone tho. maybe I'm too subtle.
Old January 15, 2020, 18:18   #73
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
No Bubba claims the myth is taught in public school.

... Which is why it's a myth, another factual inaccuracy they teach in public schools.

How can that be if it contradicts what is in the textbooks?

Or maybe they don't use textbooks in Georgia?
Just sit on a Cypress stump and tell the youngins all day need to knode.

...............juanni