HOW TO PREPARE YOUR HOME (QUARANTINE) FOR A PANDEMIC

HOW TO PREPARE YOUR HOME (QUARANTINE) FOR A PANDEMIC

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...mic-2_01282020

Old January 29, 2020, 00:02   #2
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Ill wait till I hear of one outbreak in my state, or close then Ill just shut and lock the gate onto my acreage, let no one on, no one leaves.
That and let you guys fight it out over the last bottle of nyquil to stop the KungFlu...
Old January 29, 2020, 00:48   #3
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Regular old flu deaths is at 6.7 % this year/cycle.

This China bug today,,,stands at around 2.6%

It has the potential,,,to become bad news,,,but today,,,,,its far less than regular old run of the mill Flu.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2020, 00:01   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Our house meets or beats some pandemic wards in hospitals have visited working as a volunteer for a Regional Coordinating Hospital. Gives me almost full access to seven hospitals plus have visited three other RCHs in other districts multiple times. Once we go to positive pressure with flip of single switch odds of bug entering is less than 5%. When all exterior doors are taped and airlock (takes about 45 minutes to tape doors and assemble airlock at door we will use for entry/exit) assembled along with a couple other small places sealed we are above 99% nothing but scrubbed air entering house through series of pre-filters, carbon filters, hepa filters which keeps any gaps that may exist and not been found in over a decade of thermal searches in house always pushing clean air out versus pulling contaminated air in.

The system has enough headroom if increase fan speed can open at least two firing ports and house will still push air out while engage any threat necessary. Can change filters as system runs and have bio hazard bags for dirty filters. If grid goes down can run system at least 48 hours on batteries before even need generator. Panic room is totally sealed with a NBC rated clean air system that can run off grid, generator, battery or be hand cycled to supply filtered air and scrub carbon monoxide with a hand operated pump based on monitors that keep track of oxygen and carbon monoxide levels. Panic room would be o.k. for a couple weeks before cabin fever became an issue but could literally stay inside two months fully supplied and with proper sanitation.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2020, 00:27   #5
adam762
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 11334
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Regular old flu deaths is at 6.7 % this year/cycle.

This China bug today,,,stands at around 2.6%

It has the potential,,,to become bad news,,,but today,,,,,its far less than regular old run of the mill Flu.
It depends on how you do the math.

Dividing the reported deaths by the number of reported infections will give you that figure, yes. But horribly misleading.

A fair estimate of the average time between reported infection and death would be two weeks. That means the death total today should be divided by the reported cases from TWO WEEKS ago. If there were NO MORE new cases reported, starting right now, we'd still have deaths for another two or MORE weeks. If we simply had no new transmissions (because of quarantine), due to the incubation time (2-10 days), we'd still have new cases for another ten days.

So yeah. Say the quarantine efforts are 100 percent successful and and the transmission of the virus is halted. You're still gonna have deaths for the next three weeks at least. And LOTS of them.

Last time I divided the current death total by the reported cases from two weeks ago, it was around 15 percent. Go grab 14 members of your family and guess which one will die.

So manipulate the math all you want. Incubation time is 2-10 days, and people don't die until many days after the illness is reported.
Old February 06, 2020, 01:25   #6
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam762 View Post
It depends on how you do the math.

Dividing the reported deaths by the number of reported infections will give you that figure, yes. But horribly misleading.

A fair estimate of the average time between reported infection and death would be two weeks. That means the death total today should be divided by the reported cases from TWO WEEKS ago. If there were NO MORE new cases reported, starting right now, we'd still have deaths for another two or MORE weeks. If we simply had no new transmissions (because of quarantine), due to the incubation time (2-10 days), we'd still have new cases for another ten days.

So yeah. Say the quarantine efforts are 100 percent successful and and the transmission of the virus is halted. You're still gonna have deaths for the next three weeks at least. And LOTS of them.

Last time I divided the current death total by the reported cases from two weeks ago, it was around 15 percent. Go grab 14 members of your family and guess which one will die.

So manipulate the math all you want. Incubation time is 2-10 days, and people don't die until many days after the illness is reported.

This seems to be the best of the "reported" data available.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

We're at least a month/6 weeks into this mess,,,and the "reported" deaths simply do not reflect 15% death rates.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Do I believe the data coming out of China,,of course not.

The guy in AZ,,,with the virus and sick,,,,,,,,,,,is now nearly well and going home...............

The PI reported a single death outside China.

1918 flu deaths

"""""""""""The 1918 influenza pandemic was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus, with the second being in 2009. It infected 500 million people around the world, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history."""""""""""

That one was 10 to 20% death rate

And folks were moving on foot and by horse for the most part worldwide.

This shit goes above 5%,,,,,,,no one worldwide will not know it.

Old February 06, 2020, 08:55   #7
adam762
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 11334
You’re not listening. People don’t catch this today, and show symptoms tomorrow. Most importantly, they don’t die the same day their case is confirmed. Today’s death numbers are NOT a function of today’s reported cases. Today’s deaths are from cases reported a while back. There is a lag. 5 days, 10 days, 15.... I don’t care what math you use, whatever numbers you choose to believe, but today’s deaths are a function of cases reported a while back. Time between case confirmation and death confirmation seems to be about two weeks. But again, use whatever numbers you like.

This doesn’t kill overnight. Stats from the same day do not produce valid numbers. And I’m not riding a horse to Korea this weekend.

This site graphs data over time. Go back a week to reported cases at the end of last week. Divide today’s deaths by that. The people that got sick early last week are the ones dying today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited by adam762; February 06, 2020 at 09:01.
adam762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2020, 10:06   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Unfortunately spend more time going into doctors offices than care to between wife and myself. Starting to see employees wearing masks on duty non stop and first time have seen that since the 2009 H1N1 outbreak.

Quote:
The CDC recently issued a health advisory warning about*increasing cases of flu*in the United States, with numbers escalating above baseline in recent months.

So far this season, influenza A, H3N2 has been the most common form of influenza circulating. Out of the 47,689 specimens that tested positive for influenza, 82.9% were influenza A. In its most recent surveillance report, the CDC reported 22.7 hospitalizations per 100,000 people in the United States and 20 pediatric deaths associated with influenza.

“Well, epidemic really just refers to an impact upon the people of an infectious disease,” Dr. Dan Jernigan, MD, MPH, Director of the influenza division in CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in the media briefing on Friday. “Each year in the United States we have an epidemic of flu, so clearly yes, this is an epidemic.”

“Flu seasons every year are bad so there’s never a mild flu season,” he added. He also noted that, although this season is on the more severe side, they still don’t know for sure where exactly where it’s going to end up.
My doctors and pharmacist are not in panic mode but are showing more concern than have seen in a decade. When I see the staff workers and nurses at doctors offices masking up which is seldom I pay attention.

Edit:
Wife was in dental business for decades and still does all required continuing education to keep her license as another four years in school plus passing national and state boards would suck if for some reason her bone disease and doctors let her return to work. She keeps the license as if able to go back to work one day a week that adds a significant income to the household. I was in a hospital imaging center and the waiting room had tables loaded with magazines for people to read. Some doctors offices and a few dental offices still do. She was taught in a pandemic flu class about a decade ago following the H1N1 outbreak many cases were traced back to healthy people taking a family members to medical facility and reading a magazine someone with the flu just sneezed on. They recommended all medical facilities remove all reading materials and swap furniture to materials that were easy to regularly disenfect. I was stunned to see the magazines as hospital that owns the imaging center banned magazines and even Bibles in waiting rooms and patient rooms a decade ago. Bibles are kept in closets and Chaplains give out on request and patient is told to take it home when leave or has to go into incenerator. Read your phone or tablet and touch as little as possible when go to places sick people visit.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat

Last edited by hueyville; February 06, 2020 at 10:17.
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2020, 10:46   #9
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam762 View Post
Youíre not listening. People donít catch this today, and show symptoms tomorrow. Most importantly, they donít die the same day their case is confirmed. Todayís death numbers are NOT a function of todayís reported cases. Todayís deaths are from cases reported a while back. There is a lag. 5 days, 10 days, 15.... I donít care what math you use, whatever numbers you choose to believe, but todayís deaths are a function of cases reported a while back. Time between case confirmation and death confirmation seems to be about two weeks. But again, use whatever numbers you like.

This doesnít kill overnight. Stats from the same day do not produce valid numbers. And Iím not riding a horse to Korea this weekend.

This site graphs data over time. Go back a week to reported cases at the end of last week. Divide todayís deaths by that. The people that got sick early last week are the ones dying today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Sadly,,,,I do fully understand.

Pick a group of countries,,,,outside China,,,,first world countries,,,then follow their combined stats,,infections,,recovered, deaths on this virus,,,say Japan,,,Germany,,USA,,France.

When the rate of infection vs deaths hit above 4 or 5% in this pot of 1st world countries,,,,then its time to duck and cover.

There is a saying here along the border,,,within the medical community, that applies to this virus in China,, other countries without high level medical care.

When the USA catches a cold,,,Mexico is on its death bed.

Common fevers,,strep throat,,diarrhea,,,etc,,,not often fatal in the group of countries above,,,remains,,,

"Since 1990, diarrhea has been listed as 1 of the top 10 causes of mortality and disability-adjusted life-years for persons in all age groups, and 1 of the 5 leading causes of mortality and disability."""

https://www.infectiousdiseaseadvisor...and-morbidity/

When someones appendix goes hot,,ruptures in the above countries,,,trip to hospital,,,a little surgery,,,back home and upright,,48 hours or so.

There are over a hundred countries,,,when this above occurs,,,people/families begin to dig graves.

China has always been a petri dish shit hole country concerning lack of medical care,,living conditions.

Just walk through one of their markets.

What happens there,,,very low chance of it happening in here..................

Old February 06, 2020, 11:45   #10
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Americans,,most of them,,,don;t have a passport,,and have never been out of the country,,,so they base their ideas about things upon what they know here at home.

This below,,is a good look inside the countries that make up the majority of state medical care levels around the world............

Rule of thumb,,,if you can't feed your population,,,,then basic medical care is piss poor..............

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...thcare-system/

Old February 13, 2020, 19:27   #11
Bug Tussell
Registered

FALaholic #: 2872
Quote:
Americans,,most of them,,,don;t have a passport,,and have never been out of the country,,,so they base their ideas about things upon what they know here at home.

This below,,is a good look inside the countries that make up the majority of state medical care levels around the world............

Rule of thumb,,,if you can't feed your population,,,,then basic medical care is piss poor..............

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...thcare-system/
From the videos coming out of Wuhan I was surprised that it was such a modern city. Looked to be pretty clean. Lots of apartment buildings. I didn't see the banyos but I'm assuming running water. No hovels and no shitting in the streets as they do in San Francisco, which it appears that coronavirus is present in vomit and fecal material.

CDC is cautiously approaching this it looks like. Flights cancelled to China by major carriers. 400,000,000 in lockdown quarantine. Cruise ships denied porting. Seems a little over cautious for something with a death rate less than the flu.

Just like our government, it's not so much what they say as what they do that tells the tale.
Old February 14, 2020, 02:04   #12
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Tussell View Post
From the videos coming out of Wuhan I was surprised that it was such a modern city. Looked to be pretty clean. Lots of apartment buildings. I didn't see the banyos but I'm assuming running water. No hovels and no shitting in the streets as they do in San Francisco, which it appears that coronavirus is present in vomit and fecal material.

CDC is cautiously approaching this it looks like. Flights cancelled to China by major carriers. 400,000,000 in lockdown quarantine. Cruise ships denied porting. Seems a little over cautious for something with a death rate less than the flu.

Just like our government, it's not so much what they say as what they do that tells the tale.
Go behind the shiny building,,,,,out of the tourist locations,,,3rd world or even worst.

Old February 14, 2020, 08:35   #13
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Go behind the shiny building,,,,,out of the tourist locations,,,3rd world or even worst.
True or not (and, I admit that I was last in Wuhan in 1994), have you been in any city in the US lately?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 08:59   #14
Bug Tussell
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
True or not (and, I admit that I was last in Wuhan in 1994), have you been in any city in the US lately?

Forrest
Friend's son lives in San Francisco - some tech job. The new normal in San Francisco is to remove your shoes upon entering your domicile. This is due to the legalization of shitting in the streets.

Indications are that COVID19 virus is present in feces and can be spread from it. San Francisco is so woke and so progressive.
Old February 14, 2020, 09:12   #15
ER

FALaholic #: 155
Quote:

Forrest
True/\/\/\
DC north of the White House has been 3rd world for decades. South of it is where the tourists hang out

"I don`t care where I`m going, I`m just here to ride the train"
Some bluegrass song I heard on the radio
ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 11:38   #16
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Forrest
Tucson,,Phx,,Dallas,Birmingham,Atlanta,Charlotte,M yrtle Beach, Hilton Head,,Knoxville,,Asheville,Rock hill,Columbia,,,,,,,were all ok,, ugh on,,,,Memphis,,Little Rock,Abilene,,El Paso,,

No West Coast,,no Northeast,,,simply will not go there,,shit holes.

China GDP per capita

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicato...gdp-per-capita

USA GDP per capita

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...gdp-per-capita

China is a little under 10 K,,,which is one hell of an increase,granted,,,,,the USA is around 60K

All this talk about China the powerhouse,,,,big cities,,,damn,,,jjust look at their public markets,,blood running down the sewers,,,straight into their water supplies in those big shiny cities,,,,,,,,,,go outside those tourist cities,,,,raw sewage on their fields,,,population stacked on top of one another,,,,,land restrictions,,because they need every square foot,,dedicated to simply growing food, to feed folks at a basic subsistence level,,,,,

Couple thousand people get sick in a city of millions,early days,,and they need to rush job,,build so called "hospitals" to accommodate the overflow,,,tells me,,,,they're on the edge of collapse,,,,,,reports of people being dumped into them,,,to live or die,,,,,,,

China can't handle basic sanitation issues,,,,,basic medical care for their citizens,,,,,but they're a super power?????????????????

This is another case of,,,,,,,,,,,,,the USSR is going to conquer the world,,,,if,,,,they can get 1 in 10 aircraft into the air,,and 1 in a 100 tanks out of their motor parks.

China is like the man,,,that built himself a lovely mansion.

He put the best of everything,,into his place,,and it looks great,,,from the street,,

Of course,,,he spent all his money on how it "looks" and there is not a working bathroom,,no toilets,,no water supply, no working kitchen,,,no electricity,,and none of the interior walls are finished,,,,,,,,but it looks great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, from a street view.

Old February 14, 2020, 11:44   #17
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Tucson,,Phx,,Dallas,Birmingham,Atlanta,Charlotte,M yrtle Beach, Hilton Head,,Knoxville,,Asheville,Rock hill,Columbia,,,,,,,were all ok,, ugh on,,,,Memphis,,Little Rock,Abilene,,El Paso,,

No West Coast,,no Northeast,,,simply will not go there,,shit holes.

China GDP per capita

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicato...gdp-per-capita

USA GDP per capita

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...gdp-per-capita

China is a little under 10 K,,,which is one hell of an increase,granted,,,,,the USA is around 60K

All this talk about China the powerhouse,,,,big cities,,,damn,,,jjust look at their public markets,,blood running down the sewers,,,straight into their water supplies in those big shiny cities,,,,,,,,,,go outside those tourist cities,,,,raw sewage on their fields,,,population stacked on top of one another,,,,,land restrictions,,because they need every square foot,,dedicated to simply growing food, to feed folks at a basic subsistence level,,,,,

Couple thousand people get sick in a city of millions,early days,,and they need to rush job,,build so called "hospitals" to accommodate the overflow,,,tells me,,,,they're on the edge of collapse,,,,,,reports of people being dumped into them,,,to live or die,,,,,,,

China can't handle basic sanitation issues,,,,,basic medical care for their citizens,,,,,but they're a super power?????????????????

This is another case of,,,,,,,,,,,,,the USSR is going to conquer the world,,,,if,,,,they can get 1 in 10 aircraft into the air,,and 1 in a 100 tanks out of their motor parks.

China is like the man,,,that built himself a lovely mansion.

He put the best of everything,,into his place,,and it looks great,,,from the street,,

Of course,,,he spent all his money on how it "looks" and there is not a working bathroom,,no toilets,,no water supply, no working kitchen,,,no electricity,,and none of the interior walls are finished,,,,,,,,but it looks great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, from a street view.
Keep the faith...

I just made sure (even though I knew it was OK ()) that I had enough fresh batteries for my radiation meters...

I know that I have enough high quality gasmasks...

You know, you sound more and more like a .gov cheerer...

Forrest
Old February 14, 2020, 12:12   #18
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Keep the faith...

I just made sure (even though I knew it was OK ()) that I had enough fresh batteries for my radiation meters...

Forrest
No,,,,,,like you and many others,,,prepared to shut my front gate,,,go zero contact with anyone,, for 18 to 24 months.

Many of us practice "Burn over",,hunker down,,lock down,,let whatever burn right over our heads,,,knowing anything major,,will shut it all down quickly.

No fancy/fanciful thoughts,,,that if a pandemic hits the USA,,,FEMA's medical response will look like a Civil War Ambulance drawn by horses.

Our cities get hit,,,would make Wuhan look like a walk through the park. China has that,,,,outright fear of government going for them,,,the USA,,,would not listen to shit from anyone,,once the herd begins the stampede.

Can our system respond to a small outbreak,,yes,,they are doing it right now.

Are we in a better place than China,,of course we are.

I've got several friends in Europe,,England,etc,,,and we're all about same age,,,with an increase use of the medical care system.

I've had two major surgeries in past month,,,and every medical test, exam known to man it seems.

They are simply amazed,,,,that everything was done,,so fast,,without 6/12 month,,or even longer,, wait times,,with doc's of my choice,,etc.

Our medical system has some major holes in it,,,,,,dealing with huge pandemics is one of them,,,but compared to the rest of the world,,,we're number one.........

Old February 14, 2020, 12:13   #19
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
It's a dangerous world and best to try to be informed. I was reading that 7 children have died in a Seattle children's hospital from mold. Meaning they are not cleaning the hospital right to disinfect it. If you knew who has taken over our hospitals you would understand why they are dangerous.

China has reported that 1,700 of its medical staff came down with the virus.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2020, 12:18   #20
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Keep the faith...

Forrest
Got to admit,,,,,I did check out the "basement" out in the back pasture,,the one I never bothered to put a small building over,,the one with 4 foot of packed back fill of sand and gravel mix over the 12 inch concrete steel reinforced top.

I don;t believe China will do something really stupid,,,,,but,,,one never knows..........for sure.

Old February 14, 2020, 12:38   #21
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Got to admit,,,,,I did check out the "basement" out in the back pasture,,the one I never bothered to put a small building over,,the one with 4 foot of packed back fill of sand and gravel mix over the 12 inch concrete steel reinforced top.

I don;t believe China will do something really stupid,,,,,but,,,one never knows..........for sure.
that's being really optimistic that you will get a warning in time to get in your shelter. Odds are it will be your grave when you crawl in after the blast. Around here we are a target because we produce war materials. No need for a shelter here because we won't know what hit us.

Like those folks that are going to seal up their homes to try to avoid the virus, they will create an incubator for the virus in their homes.

Myself I prepare by looking over my will to keep it up to date.
Old February 14, 2020, 12:54   #22
ftierson
Registered

Quote:

It's always good to be prepared...

Forrest
Old February 14, 2020, 14:58   #23
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
that's being really optimistic that you will get a warning in time to get in your shelter. Odds are it will be your grave when you crawl in after the blast. Around here we are a target because we produce war materials. No need for a shelter here because we won't know what hit us.

Like those folks that are going to seal up their homes to try to avoid the virus, they will create an incubator for the virus in their homes.

Myself I prepare by looking over my will to keep it up to date.
I had too call it a "basement" even had plans for the above ground building approved through planning and zoning,,,to be able to drop it in place decades ago here.

Jim,,it was not put in for an all out nuke attack,,,,,we have one of the largest nuclear generating plants in the country,,about 240 north west of me.

Having been in Europe when that nuke plant went off,,,had some extra cash,,,plenty of land,,and digging a big old hole ain;t hard.

Its makes for a nice dry storage area,,that stays cool yr round,,never freezes nor get real hot,,about 62 degrees.

Old February 14, 2020, 18:40   #24
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I had too call it a "basement" even had plans for the above ground building approved through planning and zoning,,,to be able to drop it in place decades ago here.

Jim,,it was not put in for an all out nuke attack,,,,,we have one of the largest nuclear generating plants in the country,,about 240 north west of me.

Having been in Europe when that nuke plant went off,,,had some extra cash,,,plenty of land,,and digging a big old hole ain;t hard.

Its makes for a nice dry storage area,,that stays cool yr round,,never freezes nor get real hot,,about 62 degrees.
Here it's a valley with about two million people in it. 60 miles wid and 100 miles long. Rains heavily in the winter. Only about six roads going west and going east. If we are nuked those roads will jam up in a hurry. It's a target for what's made here and a death trap to get out of.

Dig down 18 inches on the valley floor and you have water in a lot of places. Mold mildew and rot go along with the rust and decay. Bury a gun and it's too rusty to run in a short time.

Planning here is if you live through the blast then what will you do. Nobody will warn the population an attack is on its way, those in charge will take off and hide.

That's the negative side, there is a great deal of positives about this area.
Old February 14, 2020, 20:12   #25
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Here it's a valley with about two million people in it. 60 miles wid and 100 miles long. Rains heavily in the winter. Only about six roads going west and going east. If we are nuked those roads will jam up in a hurry. It's a target for what's made here and a death trap to get out of.

Dig down 18 inches on the valley floor and you have water in a lot of places. Mold mildew and rot go along with the rust and decay. Bury a gun and it's too rusty to run in a short time.

Planning here is if you live through the blast then what will you do. Nobody will warn the population an attack is on its way, those in charge will take off and hide.

That's the negative side, there is a great deal of positives about this area.

If I were to dial 911,,,we could expect a response,,in an hour or so.

More cows and horse here than people,,which is why we live here,,,that,,,and it was sunny and 72 today.

You got a lot of people back there.

Old February 14, 2020, 20:38   #26
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
If I were to dial 911,,,we could expect a response,,in an hour or so.

More cows and horse here than people,,which is why we live here,,,that,,,and it was sunny and 72 today.

You got a lot of people back there.
When it gets hot down there you guys move indoors to airconditioning. When it gets cold here we go indoors to heat. We won't go thirsty here and it rarely gets so hot you can't get out in the sun. On this side of the mountain we grow food really easy. Food grows wild around here. We have wild game and fish in abundance. We have game birds so thick you can't count them. Best of all we have kalifornicators that don't and can't hunt or fish so there is plenty to eat.

In a nuclear war or a pandemic we have people who have never fend for themselves. Can't gut a fish if they caught one or a deer if they shot one. Can't catch a rabbit with a piece of wire or build a fire without matches. Ya there are plenty of people here but if anything happens they will mostly die off quickly. See they never used the resources we have and depend on stores or government.

How many of your neighbors will be able to live off the country side when food trucks stop and the larder runs out? Pandemic hits hard and the dead cover all the cities then those that survive will do what, will they eat the infected? Nope.

What's best about here is we have an ocean and with an ocean there is food for survival. You folks in Arizona will be eating what the Indians ate to live.... if it's kosher
Old February 14, 2020, 21:47   #27
Bug Tussell
Registered

My water table is three feet. I'd love to have a basement to keep stuff cool in the summer and warm in the winter but ain't happening.

My long term plan was to add about 10KW of solar panels to run the water well but I never got around to it. Pump the well off into a 1,500 gallon tank and then a little solar battery pump setup to maintain 40 - 60 PSI in the house system. But alas, didn't happen.

It would have been the ultimate prep for BT farm.

Oh well, maybe next crisis.
Old February 15, 2020, 10:28   #28
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
When it gets hot down there you guys move indoors to airconditioning. When it gets cold here we go indoors to heat. We won't go thirsty here and it rarely gets so hot you can't get out in the sun. On this side of the mountain we grow food really easy. Food grows wild around here. We have wild game and fish in abundance. We have game birds so thick you can't count them. Best of all we have kalifornicators that don't and can't hunt or fish so there is plenty to eat.

In a nuclear war or a pandemic we have people who have never fend for themselves. Can't gut a fish if they caught one or a deer if they shot one. Can't catch a rabbit with a piece of wire or build a fire without matches. Ya there are plenty of people here but if anything happens they will mostly die off quickly. See they never used the resources we have and depend on stores or government.

How many of your neighbors will be able to live off the country side when food trucks stop and the larder runs out? Pandemic hits hard and the dead cover all the cities then those that survive will do what, will they eat the infected? Nope.

What's best about here is we have an ocean and with an ocean there is food for survival. You folks in Arizona will be eating what the Indians ate to live.... if it's kosher
If everything broke down,,,we'd never be able to live here,,long term,,more than 18 months.

AZ was not highly populated,,until electricity and air conditioning came along,,,which also brought large trucks,,etc.

We'd just hunker down,,,let the crazy burn out,,,then,,,move east after the dust settled.

Most people here will be out of water,,within 12/24 hours,,,if the grid goes down.
Those that have prepared,,,can stay in place,,,the lemmings will head for Tucson,,Phx,,and around here,,it will get real quiet and peaceful,,,if,,you have something to drink and eat for an extended period of time.

We have family/property in the Tn/NC border areas,,,and enough fuel to get there,,,thats where we'd head for long term survival.
And,,,,if ya ain't got family/friends,,prior connections to that part of the country,,,others best not try and go there is an understatement.

Who's ya daddy,, boy???,,,is the areas passport documents,,for entry in that part of the country.

Old February 15, 2020, 10:43   #29
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Tussell View Post
My water table is three feet. I'd love to have a basement to keep stuff cool in the summer and warm in the winter but ain't happening.

My long term plan was to add about 10KW of solar panels to run the water well but I never got around to it. Pump the well off into a 1,500 gallon tank and then a little solar battery pump setup to maintain 40 - 60 PSI in the house system. But alas, didn't happen.

It would have been the ultimate prep for BT farm.

Oh well, maybe next crisis.
We looked at that set up,,,,,but,,,having an electrical engineer friend,,,he checked our well,,,pressure tanks,,,electrical power required to pump up the tanks,,the amount of water one charge would produce and a bunch of other calculations,,,,

Rather than solar,,,,,he said we'd be far better off,,,adding a third pressure tank,,picking up a couple of generators,,and stocking enough fuel to run well cycles for our water needs long term.

With tanks pressurized,,toilets flush,,water from the tap,,cold showers,,life ain't that bad,,and while tanks are pumping up,,,enough extra juice to charge some back up batteries for a few lights,,,running the radios,,etc..

With all that said,,,we do have several large holding tanks filled at all times,,fed by well. And can be filled by collected water from rain fall off roofs, if needed.

Like you,,,,its all about water here............

Old February 15, 2020, 10:48   #30
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
If everything broke down,,,we'd never be able to live here,,long term,,more than 18 months.

AZ was not highly populated,,until electricity and air conditioning came along,,,which also brought large trucks,,etc.

We'd just hunker down,,,let the crazy burn out,,,then,,,move east after the dust settled.

Most people here will be out of water,,within 12/24 hours,,,if the grid goes down.
Those that have prepared,,,can stay in place,,,the lemmings will head for Tucson,,Phx,,and around here,,it will get real quiet and peaceful,,,if,,you have something to drink and eat for an extended period of time.

We have family/property in the Tn/NC border areas,,,and enough fuel to get there,,,thats where we'd head for long term survival.
And,,,,if ya ain't got family/friends,,prior connections to that part of the country,,,others best not try and go there is an understatement.

Who's ya daddy,, boy???,,,is the areas passport documents,,for entry in that part of the country.
I love your optimism Do you think the mexicans will give you peace when they come across the border in force to loot what's left behind? A vacuum will be filled.

Travel would be near impossible by vehicle, the roads will have gangs setting ambush up to rape, steal and murder, you might want to get to learning how to fly.

Just my worthless opinion but it has to be God's will for you to make it back to NC, hope and pray that you are good with him.
Old February 15, 2020, 10:55   #31
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
We looked at that set up,,,,,but,,,having an electrical engineer friend,,,he checked our well,,,pressure tanks,,,electrical power required to pump up the tanks,,the amount of water one charge would produce and a bunch of other calculations,,,,

Rather than solar,,,,,he said we'd be far better off,,,adding a third pressure tank,,picking up a couple of generators,,and stocking enough fuel to run well cycles for our water needs long term.

With tanks pressurized,,toilets flush,,water from the tap,,cold showers,,life ain't that bad,,and while tanks are pumping up,,,enough extra juice to charge some back up batteries for a few lights,,,running the radios,,etc..

With all that said,,,we do have several large holding tanks filled at all times,,fed by well. And can be filled by collected water from rain fall off roofs, if needed.

Like you,,,,its all about water here............
Yep and Arizona would be just like Africa with the most dangerous area around a water hole. The Lions would lay in wait and ambush those comming to drink.

It's raining here hard enough that I could easily catch 100 gallons of water before it quits raining. We don't have a shortage of water. What's that saying, three minutes without air, three days without water and three weeks without food is a killer. Have you got emergency water put somewhere should you be driven from your root celler?

Last edited by Bawana jim; February 15, 2020 at 11:03.
Old February 15, 2020, 12:26   #32
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I love your optimism Do you think the mexicans will give you peace when they come across the border in force to loot what's left behind? A vacuum will be filled.

Travel would be near impossible by vehicle, the roads will have gangs setting ambush up to rape, steal and murder, you might want to get to learning how to fly.

Just my worthless opinion but it has to be God's will for you to make it back to NC, hope and pray that you are good with him.
Jim,,,the Mexicans,,,,,,they are the least of my worries or concerns.
If everything goes to shit here,,,,,,,its long past death to them folks down south.

Your own comment about travel here,,,would keep near all Mexicans in place where they will end up dying,,,,foot travel,,in water less areas,,does not occur without a damn sight more planning and resources than the normal Mexican population process.

Mexico today,,,is much like the people of the USA were,,100 or more years ago.
They are born and die,,within 20/30 miles of where they were born.

I assure you,,,,Mexico,,will never rule the world.

As for,,well,,lets just say,,,a lot of people,,are capable of making a move,,,back to the eastern areas,,and overcoming whatever is thrown into their pathways along the route.

I and yourself,,can't plot the trajectory for a moon mission,,on a black board,,but that does not mean other people can't.

Old February 15, 2020, 12:35   #33
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yep and Arizona would be just like Africa with the most dangerous area around a water hole. The Lions would lay in wait and ambush those comming to drink.

It's raining here hard enough that I could easily catch 100 gallons of water before it quits raining. We don't have a shortage of water. What's that saying, three minutes without air, three days without water and three weeks without food is a killer. Have you got emergency water put somewhere should you be driven from your root celler?
This is not the Sahara desert,,,there is a river running year round,,,just four miles from the house,,,springs are everywhere,,,rivers over in the El Paso area,,,wells/creeks,rivers everywhere between us and the east coast,,,1200 miles from us,,country turns green year round,,, and every gully has a running creek in it.

There is plenty of water here,,,,mother nature stored it/or provides it for us.

Old February 15, 2020, 12:51   #34
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Jim,,,the Mexicans,,,,,,they are the least of my worries or concerns.
If everything goes to shit here,,,,,,,its long past death to them folks down south.

Your own comment about travel here,,,would keep near all Mexicans in place where they will end up dying,,,,foot travel,,in water less areas,,does not occur without a damn sight more planning and resources than the normal Mexican population process.

Mexico today,,,is much like the people of the USA were,,100 or more years ago.
They are born and die,,within 20/30 miles of where they were born.

I assure you,,,,Mexico,,will never rule the world.

As for,,well,,lets just say,,,a lot of people,,are capable of making a move,,,back to the eastern areas,,and overcoming whatever is thrown into their pathways along the route.

I and yourself,,can't plot the trajectory for a moon mission,,on a black board,,but that does not mean other people can't.
I think the mexican gangs will seize the oportunity to loot if they see Americans moving out and as history shows us they will burn the towns down to keep Americans from moving back in. I think this because I worked with illegals for many years and they are evil racist that hate white people in my experience. There are 40 million mexicans allready here, you may not see that as a threat and that's your choice.

Where your thoughts and mine differ is how bad it will get. Arizona like the rest of the country gets its food from trucks. Be it nukes or flu the trucks will stop. Those who can will hurry out before times get ugly and the rest will slug it out as to what ever comes their way. Ya'll sound like you are building preps, I hope it works out for you.
Old February 15, 2020, 13:01   #35
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
This is not the Sahara desert,,,there is a river running year round,,,just four miles from the house,,,springs are everywhere,,,rivers over in the El Paso area,,,wells/creeks,rivers everywhere between us and the east coast,,,1200 miles from us,,country turns green year round,,, and every gully has a running creek in it.

There is plenty of water here,,,,mother nature stored it/or provides it for us.
Oh I know it ain't the Sahara, I spent a month down there looking to see if I wanted to live there. It's more like the Savanah than the desert as it has water but at 8 pounds to the gallon it's going to be difficult to get much home to use. Add to that the thugs that will be on the path to that water and just like Africa a drink may cost your life.

Maybe you can pay illegals to haul water home for you if you run out

When I was there it was winter and 85 degrees. Building roads was shut down for the winter and at that time all road building was done at night because it's too fugging hot to work in the daylight. Survival in that extreme tells me I would work to set up an ability to do things under no light and in the dark. I would have good night vision if I lived where you do... and my home wouldn't be a wood structure that burns.

No fire department when everything goes to hell.
Old February 15, 2020, 13:03   #36
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I think the mexican gangs will seize the oportunity to loot if they see Americans moving out and as history shows us they will burn the towns down to keep Americans from moving back in. I think this because I worked with illegals for many years and they are evil racist that hate white people in my experience. There are 40 million mexicans allready here, you may not see that as a threat and that's your choice.

Where your thoughts and mine differ is how bad it will get. Arizona like the rest of the country gets its food from trucks. Be it nukes or flu the trucks will stop. Those who can will hurry out before times get ugly and the rest will slug it out as to what ever comes their way. Ya'll sound like you are building preps, I hope it works out for you.
You're not helping me stop smoking this morning,,making me think/write about this stuff.

I'm not alone here.

Depending on the ground conditions,(whats happening in the country),,we're more than capable of holding what we have,,and going any place we wish to go to.

We are all trained and capable and have the experience to handle about whatever is thrown our way.

My major concern,,,is the boredom,,that would result,,from having to hunker down for a long period of time.

Most all of us,,are not aware of all the distractions in our lives.
Stop all these daily/hourly distractions,,,it would get boring real fast.

Standing guard duty,,,is boring as hell.........

Old February 15, 2020, 13:12   #37
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
You're not helping me stop smoking this morning,,making me think/write about this stuff.

I'm not alone here.

Depending on the ground conditions,(whats happening in the country),,we're more than capable of holding what we have,,and going any place we wish to go to.

We are all trained and capable and have the experience to handle about whatever is thrown our way.

My major concern,,,is the boredom,,that would result,,from having to hunker down for a long period of time.

Most all of us,,are not aware of all the distractions in our lives.
Stop all these daily/hourly distractions,,,it would get boring real fast.

Standing guard duty,,,is boring as hell.........
I am not saying I have all the answers but I look at the problems with a keen eye.

Cribbage is a fun game that's quick and relieves the boredom.

Good luck sir.
Old February 15, 2020, 13:32   #38
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
I am not saying I have all the answers but I look at the problems with a keen eye.

Cribbage is a fun game that's quick and relieves the boredom.

Good luck sir.
Unfortunately, none of us do...

Some just think that they do...

And, to be clear, I'm not necessarily directly that comment at any specific person...

Forrest
Old February 15, 2020, 13:53   #39
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

And, to be clear, I'm not necessarily directly that comment at any specific person...

Forrest
Oh its ok even if folks think I come across as a fugging know it all. At least I try to be informed on what I post about.

I get a kick out of asking questions and pointing in other directions. My friends and family say it drives them nuts that I see so much and remember it and then organize it into thoughts. Hell, I admit I don't know shit for certain but I know where it's at and how it's kept and who owns it when I see it, and probably if it's for sale at a reasonable price.

I come here for fun and if I can make an old war vet take up smoking again with some good natured questions then it's fun at its best... I never smoked, didn't need it to get through my day.
Old February 15, 2020, 15:33   #40
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
I'm dividing the number of so called fully recovered by the number of deaths plus fully recovered(so called).

Dead + Fully recovered
___________________ =
Dead

Those are the only cases that seem to be resolved.

All of the other currently ill are as yet undetermined outcome.

Has anyone seen any information to indicate whether the so called fully recovered no longer shed live virus?

I have also heard info that indicates you can catch the Covid 19 virus more than once, with less chance to survive the second bout.

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 16:04   #41
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Forrest
I know I don;t have all the answers,,,in a case like this,,hell,,no idea what all the questions even are.

You begin with a plan,,try and anticipate the most likely happenings,,,then be able to toss the whole thing in the trash once the mission begins.

Ya get good people with solid backgrounds and experiences around you,,,then just take on whatever gets in your way.

I pray,,everyday,,,these discussions,,are just academic ones,,never to be put into effect.

The Braves have bought some new young pitchers,, and hitters,,,and spring training is underway...............

Old February 15, 2020, 16:08   #42
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

[QUOTE=Exit308;4841715]I'm dividing the number of so called fully recovered by the number of deaths plus fully recovered(so called).

Dead + Fully recovered
___________________ =
Dead

Has anyone seen any information to indicate whether the so called fully recovered no longer shed live virus?

I have also heard info that indicates you can catch the Covid 19 virus more than once, with less chance to survive the second bout.[
/QUOTE]

Not yet on the first one above.

And,,,it does seem to infect folks more than once,,at least by a report out of the daily mail last week.

They were questioning immunity,,and said,,looks like not,,,or,,,the virus was mutating quickly.

Those that know,,,ain;t saying for sure????

Old February 15, 2020, 16:14   #43
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
I'm dividing the number of so called fully recovered by the number of deaths plus fully recovered(so called).

Dead + Fully recovered
___________________ =
Dead

I have also heard info that indicates you can catch the Covid 19 virus more than once, with less chance to survive the second bout.
Have not listened to this yet,,,,

Old February 15, 2020, 16:24   #44
Bawana jim
Registered

Pretty obvious that if the banks are disinfecting the money there is reason to believe it's really contagious. It's not what people say you look at but what they do. It ain't the lies, it's hiding the activity. Now that they know our ability to watch from space the dead bodies burned you can bet they disguise the smoke from here on out.
Old February 15, 2020, 16:53   #45
Bawana jim
Registered

The difference between life and death may be as simple as your ability to multi task. I offer this you tube up as what needs to be in your house should the flu be headed your way. This is an item that requires some skill so not everyone of you can handle it but it's a real life saver.

https://youtu.be/6VMTxv5iqzM
Old February 15, 2020, 17:32   #46
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
The difference between life and death may be as simple as your ability to multi task. I offer this you tube up as what needs to be in your house should the flu be headed your way. This is an item that requires some skill so not everyone of you can handle it but it's a real life saver.

https://youtu.be/6VMTxv5iqzM
I could handle that!!!!!

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2020, 18:59   #47
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Oh its ok even if folks think I come across as a fugging know it all. At least I try to be informed on what I post about.

I get a kick out of asking questions and pointing in other directions. My friends and family say it drives them nuts that I see so much and remember it and then organize it into thoughts. Hell, I admit I don't know shit for certain but I know where it's at and how it's kept and who owns it when I see it, and probably if it's for sale at a reasonable price.

I come here for fun and if I can make an old war vet take up smoking again with some good natured questions then it's fun at its best... I never smoked, didn't need it to get through my day.
I quoted you, but that doesn't mean I meant you...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Old February 15, 2020, 20:05   #48
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I quoted you, but that doesn't mean I meant you...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
I spent a lifetime gathering info and putting it together in my head to do my work and sometimes run a job. It's not something you can quit. You look at all things in the same manner and store it to use later.

Let me give you a for instance. 40 years ago my ex brother in law had a piece of property out of town that was fed water from a mountain stream. His upstream neighbor was a criminal drug addict that tried to steal a corner of my BIL property by building on it and my BIL had it removed by law.

So the fight is on and the upstream neighbor starts messing with my BIL water supply and my BIL ended up spending $10,000 for a water purification system so he wouldn't be poisoned.

So what does that have to do with today and this thread? Chief Yellowhand put in a water tank for just in case, you can't do that in secret. Does he have a water purification system that will defeat what a bad person would drop in his well or tank? If he doesn't and found a empty bucket that smelled like something dead next to the well would he risk drinking it?

If he found three empty gallon containers of antifreeze near his water would he drink it if he didn't have a water purifier? If he has one bad neighbor with an evil mind that person could put a big dent in the Chiefs life without firing a shot. Doesn't even have to poison him, just leave containers that puts serious doubt in his mind.

My BIL lived in a state of paranoid city until the neighbor got arrested for burying a bus to grow dope in it. 40 years is a long time to store this.
Old February 15, 2020, 20:15   #49
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I spent a lifetime gathering info and putting it together in my head to do my work and sometimes run a job. It's not something you can quit. You look at all things in the same manner and store it to use later.

Let me give you a for instance. 40 years ago my ex brother in law had a piece of property out of town that was fed water from a mountain stream. His upstream neighbor was a criminal drug addict that tried to steal a corner of my BIL property by building on it and my BIL had it removed by law.

So the fight is on and the upstream neighbor starts messing with my BIL water supply and my BIL ended up spending $10,000 for a water purification system so he wouldn't be poisoned.

So what does that have to do with today and this thread? Chief Yellowhand put in a water tank for just in case, you can't do that in secret. Does he have a water purification system that will defeat what a bad person would drop in his well or tank? If he doesn't and found a empty bucket that smelled like something dead next to the well would he risk drinking it?

If he found three empty gallon containers of antifreeze near his water would he drink it if he didn't have a water purifier? If he has one bad neighbor with an evil mind that person could put a big dent in the Chiefs life without firing a shot. Doesn't even have to poison him, just leave containers that puts serious doubt in his mind.

My BIL lived in a state of paranoid city until the neighbor got arrested for burying a bus to grow dope in it. 40 years is a long time to store this.
If I were 10 inches taller,,,I'd be 7 foot tall too.

A bucket full of what ifs,,,is still just an empty bucket of what if's.

As for the water tanks,,,where you live,,,nothing can be done in secret, millions in your little valley I believe you said,,,without prying eyes,,,this ain;t where ya live.

Old February 15, 2020, 20:33   #50
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
If I were 10 inches taller,,,I'd be 7 foot tall too.

A bucket full of what ifs,,,is still just an empty bucket of what if's.

As for the water tanks,,,where you live,,,nothing can be done in secret, millions in your little valley I believe you said,,,without prying eyes,,,this ain;t where ya live.
And it's my eyes that do the prying. see it store it put it together for what ever need comes along.

I don't have or need a water system, no tanks but I can catch 100 gallons of rain water to run the toilet. Plus three different water purification methods. Live next to the city alternative water supply that would take a heck of a lot of poison to kill folks but bad people could throw dead things in it up stream. I wouldn't drink it but can flush the toilet with it.

Dig about 18 inches down and I got water....

Those ifs are things you can deal,with before they happen, I never underestimate the evil people will do. Anyway enough fun and I move on, you got it all covered and no since talking anymore on this subject. Tally ho.....