Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old February 10, 2019, 23:39   #1
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Killer robots from China

Please discuss

"CHINA is aggressively unleashing lethal fully autonomous drones that can carry out targeted military strikes, a think tank has warned.

The killer drones and pilotless aircraft fitted with AK-47 rifles are being exported to Asia, Africa and combat zones in the Middle East."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3726878/posts
Old February 11, 2019, 14:37   #2
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I wonder how they keep them from killing their own guys? Or maybe they don't care? As long as they kill equally effectively? Maybe you only deploy them in areas where your people ain't? They shoot at anything that moves inside a set of coordinates?
I wonder if they can it "Puff the Magic Dragonfly"?
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 14:51   #3
Bawana jim
Registered

What makes me wonder is its said to be armed with an AK 47 which would put it close to the ground to be able to hit anything. Either it flies fast or has armour.
Old February 11, 2019, 15:25   #4
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
if it flies fast, nets could probably be deployed to snag them.

High powered targeting lasers could be placed around any perimeter. Or perhaps even crew or vehicle deployed.

And if all that fails, you hand out a few of these to those enlisted country boys.

John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 16:41   #5
CG&L
Registered

FALaholic #: 27951
Something isn't right. Chinese machines aren't very reliable. Chinese programming isn't very good. The Ak is overly heavy for its chambering and magazine fed. The 7.62x39 wouldn't be a very good round for this application..

A human flying a drone fixes an awful lot of programing complexity. The programing would need to be so complex it would be indistinguishable from AI.
This would make the drone a huge target just for its AI capability.
Old November 25, 2019, 11:00   #6
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Dozens of countries have been echoing calls to negotiate a treaty to retain “meaningful human control over the use of force”, including 30 states that want to ban fully autonomous weapons, also known as lethal autonomous weapons systems.

Human Rights Watch (HRW) advocacy director Mary Wareham believes the use of autonomous weaponry has emerged as “one of the most pressing threats to humanity” in the world today, as she berated leading nations for failing to take adequate measures to tackle the problem.

The expert has issued a warning that killer robots would potentially be able to “wipe out swathes of the human population with unaccountable attacks.”
https://sputniknews.com/science/2019...-warns-expert/

Old December 08, 2019, 09:35   #7
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Well, they do have flame thrower-yielding ones already

However, will the armed ones have a robot hand to swap the AK magazines? Will this swap be tactical low drag high speed?

Important questions that are not being answered!

Last edited by raubvogel; December 08, 2019 at 09:41.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2019, 16:30   #8
Story
Registered

Quote:
A band of large drones appears to be flying nighttime search patterns over northeast Colorado — and local authorities say they don’t know who’s behind the mysterious aircraft.

The drones, estimated to have six-foot wingspans, have been flying over Phillips and Yuma counties every night for about the last week, Phillips County Sheriff Thomas Elliott said Monday.

The drones stay about 200 feet to 300 feet in the air and fly steadily in squares of about 25 miles, he said. There are at least 17 drones; they emerge each night around 7 p.m. and disappear around 10 p.m., he said.
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/2...tery-colorado/
Old December 25, 2019, 16:54   #9
John A
Registered

200-300 ft altitude huh?

I know a quick way to find out whose they are at such a low altitude.

If you see a bunch of US military choppers and troop carriers afterwards, you'll know they're ours.

If the headlines of tomorrows newspaper says it was only a weather balloon, you'll know they're ours.

If you don't hear anything, they're someone elses.

6 ft wingspan flying under the radar, if they were anyone other than ours, the military would be all over them.

Sorry guys, they're ours.
Old December 25, 2019, 17:04   #10
Bawana jim
Registered

Robots?????

https://youtu.be/y3RIHnK0_NE

https://youtu.be/dKjCWfuvYxQ

Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2019, 19:12   #11
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Robots don't get hungry,thirsty,sunburned,,sick,,come down with the clap,,,don't really get tired,,ok,,batteries might run down,,don't cost a fortune in life time medical care,no retirement cost,,no VA costs,,can be programed,,,stand here,,,kill everything that moves, go into this area,,,GPS equipped,,kill everything that moves,,,,,,,and the big one,,,,can be stood down in a warehouse until the need to be used,,,,and on and on.

Humanoid robots already have their own Air Force and Navy,,,,why not????

DOD already has an air drop enabled square box looking thing,,,about 8 feet tall,,,drop it in an area,,,set it to automatic,,,any tanks or armor comes within range,,,it kills them. Can kill 8 or 10 tanks per unit.

Far Cheaper than an M1 Abrams,,,crew can't be burned up.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2019, 22:27   #12
slavicshooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 74022
come down with the clap,,,~yellowhand

But what if the robot soldier goes on leave and hooks up with one of these . . . can he get a crippling "virus"?
~ss

https://youtu.be/HEbZuFOXX6M
Old December 25, 2019, 22:50   #13
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post
come down with the clap,,,~yellowhand

But what if the robot soldier goes on leave and hooks up with one of these . . . can he get a crippling "virus"?
~ss

https://youtu.be/HEbZuFOXX6M

I still can't believe these "geeks" making these humanoid robots today,,,have not covered one in whatever these other "things" from your video are made of,,,,,of course,,,it won't be long,,,never is,,,with so called "progress".

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2019, 02:28   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
7.62×39 won't evendors punch through the roof of the Ponderosa thus can't even get into the attic. They need to up their game. New helmets going out to U.S. troops in 2020 will stop a 7.62×51 M80 ball round at 25 yards with out enough back face signature for blunt truama injuries to troops. If wear rheir shoulder DAPS with base armor vest odds are these things won't even have enough @$$ in their pants to punch a hole in a U.S. soldier when the new armor kits are issued in 2020. Let them waste money. I can already see all the troops running outside when radar/LIDAR shows one close with $100 bill per person in the pot going to the man who shoots it down with his M4. They will probably have a rule that won't let SAW gunners play the game.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2019, 09:00   #15
John A
Registered

I bet the blunt force of the bullet hitting the helmet will be enough to cause spinal injuries regardless of whether it penetrates or not.

Just my humble hypothesis.
Old December 29, 2019, 08:31   #16
2barearms
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
I bet the blunt force of the bullet hitting the helmet will be enough to cause spinal injuries regardless of whether it penetrates or not.

Just my humble hypothesis.
I just got a new robot killing 3” Slug shooting pump shotgun. These will disassemble any autonomous rolling or walking droids.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 17:35   #17
Story
Registered

Quote:
For weeks, mysterious unidentified flying objects over the Eastern Plains region of Colorado have vexed residents, law enforcement, the military, and state and federal officials.

Those who see them say they appear in the night sky, often several at a time, their locations marked by the light they emit. Audibly buzzing, they hover and maneuver in precise formations.

The mystery of their origin has gripped Colorado, where news of a sighting makes near-daily headlines and no one has yet copped to operating the aircraft. The state’s governor, Jared Polis, deployed the state plane to hunt them down after a pilot believed one of the objects came too close to a Flight for Life helicopter. And a constellation of government agencies has formed a task force to get to the bottom of the mystery.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/are-th...-missile-silos