The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Revolver Files

Notices

Old January 02, 2020, 21:36   #1
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
VIRGINIA - revolvers for the coming assfugking.

In anticipation of all semiautomatic handguns being classified as ASSAULT WEAPONS on July 1, I did some training with revolvers today.

Dammit.

I had forgotten that running small, hard-recoiling, revolvers in double-action mode for 100+ rounds will blister your trigger finger.

Still working on fitting it into my prison holster. Remember to always insert it muzzle-outward. Thank god for hammerless designs.

Sorry, no pics of prison holster.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg blister finger.jpg (81.7 KB, 109 views)

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.

Last edited by W.E.G.; January 02, 2020 at 22:56.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2020, 23:25   #2
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Wimpish we are,,so sad,,an ouchy,,bu whoo,,,,

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2020, 08:41   #3
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Maybe I’ll send some pics of the prison holster to the smart guys.

Old January 03, 2020, 08:43   #4
imacoonass01
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Aww, man. I was gonna ask for a picture.
Old January 03, 2020, 08:51   #5
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
So are you going to give them your right arm?
Old January 03, 2020, 09:05   #6
Tip_drill
Registered

FALaholic #: 82930
You can still get Air-soft....As long as the tip is red governor blackface says its okay.....For now
Tip_drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2020, 09:17   #7
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Glad you are staying to fight WEG - sorry about the house values dropping!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2020, 12:04   #8
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Ya would need one hell of a good filter on your camera for that photo,,,

Lilly white backgrounds don;t photograph well with a flash.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2020, 13:45   #9
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
I guess I'm glad I didn't sell all those C&R bolt action guns that have been cluttering up my safe, unfired for years. And I still have a bunch of ammo I paid $0.08/round for. Yipeee!
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2020, 15:56   #10
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
I haven't looked at the legislation but technically a DA revolver IS semi-auto.

Hopefully the libtards there aren't watching this post.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2020, 08:44   #11
angusmac
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 51086
I GOT BLISTAS ON MY FINGAS!!!!

Old January 08, 2020, 19:54   #12
Ol okie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 78090
Hopefully these laws won’t happen.
Old January 19, 2020, 17:13   #13
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
They are not coming for your Glock. Even NJ isnt that stupid and Democ--ts dont have a stranglehold on VA the way they do the Garbage State. They are gonna pay for this at the polls especially if anyone gets hurt at the rally tomorrow. I will say a 9mm pistol with a 10rd mag is pretty pointless. Get the CZ 97B in 45 acp. You wont regret it.
Old January 19, 2020, 17:22   #14
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Quote:
Is it a 'roid free Prison holster? - eitherway please no pictures!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 17:23   #15
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

When I watched the video, none of the stalactites looked sturdy enough to trip that 11-pound trigger if was to get snagged.

Old January 19, 2020, 23:48   #16
Wildcat
Registered

FALaholic #: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
....I will say a 9mm pistol with a 10rd mag is pretty pointless. Get the CZ 97B in 45 acp. You wont regret it.
That does not solve the problem that Virginia demoncrats are about to create.
Old January 20, 2020, 00:09   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I still run at least two or three IDPA courses per year with a wheel gun. Last local club match I shot Backup Gun Revolver catagory carrying a Rossi five shot 3" 44 Special. It's a 1990s vintage Rossi when they first actually began making equal quality or better the Smith & Wesson for that period of time when they first released the 454 Raging Bull and we're making some fine wheel guns down in South America. Have both the the 3.5" model which is a lot rarer than the 3" models and a pair of 3" models.

Purchased it at a pawn shop for $125 and sent to a reputable pistol smith who removed the barrel and cylinder. Squared forcing cone on barrel along with front of cylinder then turned it just enough and chased the threads was able to set a tight barrel/cylinder gap but not so tight would bind if got super nasty. Lost the 1/2" of barrel length making it legal for BUG-Rs 2.5" maximum barrel length all while imoving accuracy and velocity with tighter barrel/cylinder gap. He beefed up some of the lock work parts allowing him to time the little belly gun as nicely as an out of the box Colt snake gun and slicked the DA pull up greatly while took a little off the SA pull but mainly took all creep and gritty feeling out of it as well as reduced travel. It still sports the Michelin Man ribbed rubber grips. My unaltered 3" model lives under the seat of my work truck where console has a tray that holds five speed loaders perfectly.

Gun smith did the work at a bargain all things considered as wanted to see if he could make the Rossi into a top notch gun and only charged me $100 for the custom work. Of course he had just built me a pair of 45 acp IPSC unlimited race guns and had a pair of 38 Supers following the Rossi which he cut me no slack on, regular shop rates thus he was making plenty of cash off me from the early 1980s to about 2009 when he retired. I will on occasion show up at a club event where people don't know me with the little five shot and a rack of speed loaders circling my waist for BUG-R catagory and have a blast.

While I much prefer my single stack 1911s if some goofy laws forced me to go old school a 3" five shot 44 special or four inch 357 mag with some tuning and two to three speed loaders on my belt and even if have to fave off with a couple gang bangers shooting Glocks "movie style" they will rue the day they met up with a small to medium wheel gun. One of my Rossi Raging Hornets with seven rounds of 22 Hornet in a shoulder rig would run rounds fast and true if anyone makes a speed loader for it. Odds are one of my Dan Wesson 744VH with either a 4" or 6" barrel would become my primary carry for when I had to go into the urban jungle or have a couple 357 maximums (bet not many remember that wonderful IHMSA cartridge) which one could become a carry and if ran a 6" ported barrel would be quite quick on follow up shots.

Idiots are making the laws. In the 1970s through early 1980s a big wheel gun in a shoulder rig was usually my primary carry with a Smith M60 as a backup. As long as there are only six falling plates, six bowling pins or six zombies I can run that just as fast with a wheel gun and only loss of speed would be dumping fired cases before dropping fresh rounds from a speed loader if had more targets.

Actually purchased a box of rubber speed strips mixed in five and six round 38/357 , five and six round 44 spc/44 mag plus 454 Casull/45 Long Colt just a few months ago that came in all still new in packages from an estate of an old timer. Can carry a fresh load flat in left rear pocket if speed loaders are too bulky for clothing choice of the day. I might have to revolt if lived in Virginia but would likely do it with a brace of wheel guns "Pale Rider" style just so the powers that be could see a dedicated man with a wheel gun is a force to be reckoned with.

Turn me back to a lever rifle, pump shotgun and a wheel gun for carry just would mean a few months of regular practice and bet I could find some of that speed left over from the 1970s and not be overly hampered. What I am used to seeing at public ranges wouldnt worry about the plastic pistol crowd that didn't turn surrender their Glocks and the guys that still run wheel guns at IDPA matches are not the type to start a fight.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 19:57   #18
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Yeah, got that wheelgun sh*t covered. Can't say I got any small ones though. But that is not because I don't want one though, only because I've not got around to it or passed on deals that I shouldn't have......
Sure hope Texans do not get complacent, sit home and not vote against commies like Virginians did. No way commies outnumber Americans.
I would highly recommend a combat revolver like a S&W 686 4" but even with that 100 rounds of 357 mag might create some discomfort---- somewhere. Good gloves can really help.
Old January 20, 2020, 20:42   #19
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

I have a 4" 686.

That gun is MASSIVE compared to even a Beretta M9.

Those little hammerless 38's bite hard. I confirmed that mine shoots my .38 carry ammo just fine. I may never actually fire it again unless I actually have to shoot somebody with it.

Old January 21, 2020, 10:57   #20
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
Gary have you considered a K frame? I sometimes carry a 4" 586 as a woods gun and it makes a dandy belt gun. However, for my everyday revolver carry I went back to my old model 19's. I think they conceal rather well and they handle recoil a bit better than the J frames. Currently I have been carrying a 2-1/2" round butt with a Taylor T grip. I have been qualifying with that and my 1911 for the last couple of years. The current qualification max range is 25 yards but I still practice the old 50 yard course and 25 yard body armor drills. My times are a little slower but provided my tri focals are clean it's pretty rare if I drop a shot.

All that money I have spent over the years trying out multiple new guns just to figure out it's the old stuff I started with that still works best for me.

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2020, 20:07   #21
abbynormal
Registered

FALaholic #: 18513
Sell EVERYTHING! Buy house in Maryland or Pa. Buy a .50 BMG and pretend you are launching SCUDS into Tehran!
Old January 27, 2020, 20:36   #22
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbay View Post
Gary have you considered a K frame?
The K-frames are nice.

I carried one on the MPD in 80's.
4-inch taper barrel.

Still carry it occasionally for the nostalgia.

Otherwise, these aluminum J-frame guns are just for when the shit gets really bad, or if I have to press one into the palm of somebody who may never have fired a gun in their life. - Not that I'm planning on that happening - But shit always ends different than I expect it.

Old January 28, 2020, 06:10   #23
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post
I haven't looked at the legislation but technically a DA revolver IS semi-auto.
If Blackface decrees, a flintlock is a babykiller maschinenpistole.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2020, 07:41   #24
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Maybe you should begin practicing speed loads with your muzzle loader and be ahead of the game.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2020, 08:20   #25
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
Maybe you should begin practicing speed loads with your muzzle loader and be ahead of the game.

That Black Powder .300 BO wouldn't have to deal with that cycling problem if he had switched it to a Kali-Key.

Old January 31, 2020, 09:39   #26
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2020, 23:49   #27
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Since were not legally a firearm had an aquantance back in the late 80s to late 90s who carried a pair of stainless black powder 44 caliber percussion wheel guns due to "antique" status and carried them in a dual shoulder rig everywhere a Georgia carry permit didn't allow under assumption that he was in the clear. This was until the day he decided to contest a traffic ticket and walked into the courthouse with them under his coat. The metal detector went loopy and when the cops manning the checkpoint gave him the opportunity to take them and secure in his vehicle he refused. Told the cops that black powder was not considered a firearm and he was progressing to court so would not be late.

He actually called me (too bad I was out of town) to bail him out as the sign didn't just say no firearms but no "deadly weapons". He did not resist arrest but he didn't go down peacefully either which landed him in the pokey. When appeared before judge to plead innocent and asked for jury trial he was called to the bench where judge told him if he would plead Nolo he would get a $500 fine and lose his Georgia carry permit for two years. If he plead innocent when found guilty by a jury it would be a $5,000 fine, six months in work camp and loss of carry permit for life. He pleaded Nolo but continued to be an idiot till landed in prison on a NFA violations charge.

Once I removed my primary, pulled mags out of holster and even took knives out of pockets but forgot my backup in rear pocket. Said oops, was polite and followed orders when told to take it back to the truck and lock it up with its big brother. Had to be a witness for someone in a disability case which is held in a federal courthouse. Lawyer friend had hired was wearing a belt with metal buckle. He removed and put in bucket for hand inspection items like brief case and keys. They would not allow him past the security checkpoint with the belt as said it could be used as a weapon with the metal buckle. That was odd.

Maybe y'all can create huge market for the black powder manufacturing community if gets any worse. I would rather have a pair of 44 cap and ball revolvers than no firearm if circumnavigated the law in manner would not get arrested. Just think, after first round the smoke detectors and sprinklers will go off freaking out opponent while you fight from behind a smoke screen.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old February 01, 2020, 09:48   #28
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Nobody ever noticed me carrying a revolver in Washington DC in the 80’s until I took off my field jacket one day to try on a suit jacket in Woodies.

I still have that shoulder holster.

Old February 01, 2020, 23:51   #29
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

The local mall here in Mayberry used to have a dry goods store that sold guns and was where I purchased the truckload of $79 SKS, $99 SKS-Ms and $129 AKs which all came with 600 rounds of steel core ammo in the deal. It also had a pharmacy that sold a variety of non medical goods and one evening had gone to Radio Shack to pick up some parts to repair a radio and decided to wander down to the pharmacy to pick up a few items. Leaned over to get something off a lower shelf to discover the shoulder rig I was using to carry an 8 3/8" Colt Trooper in electroless nickel an worked on compression tension without a security strap enabling user to snatch and shoot without unsnapping any strap didn't have enough tension to hold the long Colt.

Can't remember what brand except was not a Galco as my Galcos never fail me. As I leaned over the big pistol tipped out of the holster and hit flat on the floor with a big thumping/clanging noise. At the sandwich and milkshake counter sat about a half dozen local cops who had a perfect view of the entire event. I calmly picked up the Trooper, put it back in its holster and made a comment like, guess I know the hold that big pistol in when I lean over. Was carrying a Colt Python under other arm to balance the load and when one of the cops asked if the drop marred the finish I remarked it was just a Colt Trooper would check later, at least the 6" Python under other arm didn't fall as they would have seen me cry. They got a good laugh and went on my business of buying toothpaste and deodorant.

Had the Trooper as my primary and Python as a backup. Had the Trooper not fallen out I doubt many if any would have ever noticed I was carrying. Back in the days of a 4" Smith M19 as daily carry with a Model 60 backup and pump shotgun or 44 Magnum lever rifle as truck gun never felt undergunned. Always racked two to three speed loaders for the primary on my belt and a speed strip of spares for the backup. The time it took to reload a wheel gun when carried one daily using Safariland speed loaders was probably a lot faster than most can do with an autoloader these days. Of course like the OP said, we practiced with the wheel guns and got to do a lot of practicing loads when shot a bowling pin or falling plate match.
Old February 05, 2020, 08:39   #30
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 536
My Daughter just saw the pic of your finger & said " Daddy he needs a boo boo sticker" That's what she call band aids. Thought I'd share.

Anonymous
The FAL is not a "platform".
It is a lady-lookin' foreign made collection of sexy Belgian curves that intimidates the shit out of today's Pajama-boy males.

It's not an Assault Rifle, it a Sport Utility Rifle.
Near Sighted Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2020, 14:24   #31
jugrunner
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
If all else fails you have that Sat. Nite Special you got from me ..
Old February 05, 2020, 14:48   #32
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrunner View Post
If all else fails you have that Sat. Nite Special you got from me ..
I need to get me some custom leather for that.

Old February 05, 2020, 21:27   #33
jugrunner
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
I need to get me some custom leather for that.

actually you need to vote that SOB out .. .. Sad news but the tide will turn ..