The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

View Poll Results: Which dates are best for the 2020 Oregon FAL Shoot?
Screw you - didn't we just do this a month ago? 0 0%
June 19 & 20 (Friday & Saturday) 6 66.67%
June 26 & 27 (Friday & Saturday) 0 0%
Whatever - If sportsnut can make it, so can I. 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 04, 2019, 22:55   #1
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Is it EVER too early?!?! 13th Annual Oregon FAL Shoot

I don't know if it's too early to talk about dates for this shindig, but I do better if I can tell the suckers at work that I'm "Out Of Town" and "Unavailable" by phone and/or email for half the week.

I'd love to do the same dates (sorta) as usual: if we do June 19 & 20 (Friday & Saturday), we'll not be during school, and we won't be the weekend before the 4th of July.

I'm attaching a poll so everyone can have their say before The (Ahem!) Committee goes ahead and chooses the date they like best anyway.

That was a joke.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2019, 23:30   #2
12v71
Registered

FALaholic #: 71127
Just say the word, CV and I will drive 7 hours each way to hang out for a day again. Seriously, next go round we will shoot for staying 2 nights. And I might actually bring a rifle this time.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2019, 09:51   #3
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Glad something finally got posted about next June. Now days, I am actually responsible for shit on the job front, so getting my dates requested sooner, is important.
Old October 05, 2019, 10:17   #4
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
Glad ...... I am actually responsible ...shit........ is important.
^
This is the FalFiles version of Bad Lip Reading.

When is the next (ahem) Committee Meeting ?

Cinder Pit and Wheelguns ?

? Cocina Mexicana local ?

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2019, 13:57   #5
Boyle
Registered

FALaholic #: 78385
Count me in.

June 19 & 20 works great for me, oh wait a min I'm retired. So yeah, that works great for me. Might be bringing my wife this time, she is planning on it anyway. She might shoot something with a little assistance from others.
Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2019, 14:45   #6
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Just say the word, CV and I will drive 7 hours each way to hang out for a day again. Seriously, next go round we will shoot for staying 2 nights. And I might actually bring a rifle this time.
Bring a rifle or three - don't care. Just as long as you bring CV it's all good!
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old October 05, 2019, 14:46   #7
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle View Post
June 19 & 20 works great for me, oh wait a min I'm retired. So yeah, that works great for me. Might be bringing my wife this time, she is planning on it anyway. She might shoot something with a little assistance from others.
Great, Boyle! I'm hoping to convince the wife to come over - it's only been 10 years so I think she's due.
Old October 05, 2019, 17:22   #8
Herkamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 79467
I will put it on my calendar. Thanks brunop.
Herkamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2019, 23:28   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

C'mon, Pete!
Old October 06, 2019, 00:05   #10
12v71
Registered

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Bring a rifle or three - don't care. Just as long as you bring CV it's all good!
You really want her there to herd cats, don't you?

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2019, 10:47   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

1. She's like my wife: better company than me (or you).

2. I don't drink coffee, but I hear that she's not only a Coffee Vixen but a Coffee Goddess. These things are important to a LOT of people.

Let's shoot guns and hang out!!
Old October 06, 2019, 13:33   #12
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
I will say I’m making it, but who knows.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2019, 13:44   #13
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post

Cinder Pit and Wheelguns.

Cocina Mexicana local.
This

Need a date....Kevin wants to be there..

And 19/20 gets the nood from this knob..

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2019, 14:04   #14
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

^

I'm with Ricardo. Need a date.

I'm there.

As a suggestion, I'd do some time around 18/19 October? Or sometime in November before Thanksgiving - like the 22/23rd November?
Old October 06, 2019, 14:18   #15
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
I will say I’m making it, but who knows.
You're making it. You can't miss twice.

Plus, those nice Vietnamese women will surely cover for you if you give them NINE months' notice.

Old October 06, 2019, 14:33   #16
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
^

I'm with Ricardo. Need a date.

I'm there.

As a suggestion, I'd do some time around 18/19 October? Or sometime in November before Thanksgiving - like the 22/23rd November?
Either one works but given the choice I'd pick Nov..

Old October 06, 2019, 14:49   #17
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I like the November date better, too.

Can we check in with Kevin to see if that can work?
Old October 06, 2019, 18:15   #18
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I like the November date better, too.

Can we check in with Kevin to see if that can work?
I will do that.

Old October 08, 2019, 17:53   #19
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
19 and 20th “should” work fine for me. ASSuming something at work doesn’t radically change.
Old October 08, 2019, 18:36   #20
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
I don't know if it's too early to talk about dates for this shindig
Too early for me to commit, but I do want to revisit that lovely little bit of FAL convergence again......

We will see how schedules look in 2020 on this side, as it firms up and gets closer.

Old October 09, 2019, 11:09   #21
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Y'all get over here!

And thanks for the Raiders sticker!! I'll let you shoot that rifle you helped build when you get here.
Old October 09, 2019, 11:10   #22
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmil View Post
19 and 20th “should” work fine for me. ASSuming something at work doesn’t radically change.
Tell those guys at work that NOTHING (!) better change...
Old October 19, 2019, 22:40   #23
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Quote:
Tell those guys at work that NOTHING (!) better change...
Thanks!
I told them. They laughed at me. Fortunately only a couple years to retirement
Old October 19, 2019, 23:36   #24
PSLjunkie
Registered

FALaholic #: 82507
I'm putting it down on the schedule. I'll be bringing along one or 2 of my boys.
The youngest is a 4H air rifle and pistol club shooter. i have told him about this amazing group and he is after me to take him out to do some real shooting.
Going to have to get with Rich of Oregon and get a FAL kit put togrther.
PSLjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2019, 23:45   #25
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Man! That would be super cool to see you and the family!!
Old October 20, 2019, 15:28   #26
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Is it too late to vote for the 18th of October, for a commitee meeting? If so, I will put nov 22-23 down as plan B...
Old October 20, 2019, 16:05   #27
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Is it too late to vote for the 18th of October, for a commitee meeting? If so, I will put nov 22-23 down as plan B...
It seems you were rather busy that day.....too busy to be bothered by the )!meha( committee.....

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2019, 16:10   #28
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Is it too late on Oct 20th to have a meeting on Oct 18th? No problem. I'll get it down for next year.

So November 22nd is still my Plan 'A' for this year...
Old October 20, 2019, 16:21   #29
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Dude, its the 20th.......

Old October 20, 2019, 21:11   #30
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
It seems you were rather busy that day.....too busy to be bothered by the )!meha( committee.....

Oh yeah, I was busy anyway...