View Single Post
Old January 26, 2020, 02:51   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Make sure and take that original packaging back with you. They scan the bar code with stock/inventory number and will even be able to tell you down to the minute when it was purchased, form of payment and either credit money back to card it was charged on or give gift card for total amount if paid cash.

Learned hard way they only have 30 day warranty on all electronics except televisions. While wife was confined mostly to bed for nine months following her MVA and we don't have televisions in bedrooms bought her a DVD player with 13" screen and it just seized up 29 days after I purchased it. Boxed it back in original packaging and took it back day and half later with original receipt. They scanned it and said it was purchased 31.5 days earlier and was 36 hours past it's warranty.

Explained it died 29 days after purchased but wife required 24/7 home health care and took me a couple days to get it back due to nobody available to watch wife till then for me to leave the house was able to return it. I was highly peeved and even requested a store manager whom i figured would understand my dilema and override the computer. While waiting i was considering the idea of buying another if manager didn't help then wait a week and put the one that died in its box and return as felt busting my nuts over it being 36 hours out of warranty when returned was just rude when I was a couple months into doing home health care after she was released from hospital and not very happy about their customer service.

As I contemplated the plan of buying another and switching the box while we waited for the manager the customer service rep removed the DVD player from the box and scanned the bar code on bottom of player to ensure it matched the code on the box. Asked what she was doing and told me each electronic item had a matching code on device as box to ensure people didn't buy a new unit and put the old unit in new items box to circumvent the 30 day warranty. At that point I was thinking I could just be sure to switch the bar code on machine as well or print another as have a machine that prints security bar codes and all other types of security labels for work but decided to hell with Walmart when manager refused to give me the 36 hour grace after explaining could not leave the wife alone till had someone to sit with her in case went back into a coma culd call 911.

I was determined to never go back into Walmart again but when heard they were clearancing all pistol ammo, 5.56 and any ammunition common to military style rifles figured I needed to at least see what they had. Drug my feet knowing longer it sat there the more price would drop. Sporting goods guy knows me pretty well and day I went was two weeks past their deadline to have it all gone. Up till midnight December 29 he had permission to sell whatever was left at about any price he wanted even down to 99 cents per box. At 12:01 of the 30th said he loaded about a half buggy full of handgun and rifle ammo that met the criteria of no more sales and put it all in their compacting dumpster. He said it was a shame and he would have bought it but was not allowed to reduce price and then by himself. He also said over the past two weeks their sporting goods sales were down 60% and dropping more every day. Hope they go the way of Sears and just dissappear now.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote