Thread: Verified Quotes
View Single Post
Old August 09, 2019, 07:34   #1
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Verified Quotes

I will start this thread with a few quotes that are interesting but also verifiable (in case someone wants to tell you it is a lie), as in with source.

Quote:
I consider (a professional liberal) the lowest form of politician
Verbatim:
"Hopkins was noted [as] an advanced 'Liberal' but not a professional one (I consider the latest the lowest form of politician)"
Harry S. Truman. Personal Diary 22 May 1945
Also on "Off the Record: The Private Papers of Harry S. Truman", p.35

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
(James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

Quote:
There is a culture of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it’s way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
Newsweek: “A Cult of Ignorance” by Isaac Asimov, January 21, 1980, p. 19.
https://media.aphelis.net/wp-content..._Ignorance.pdf

Quote:
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, The Dawn, 1881, Sec. 297

Last edited by raubvogel; August 09, 2019 at 13:07.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote