View Single Post
Old August 06, 2018, 23:16   #166
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post
Clinton House was the perfect place for an RNG...the property really lends itself to something like that.
This is beyond debate...what a venue!

Quote:
Got on course at 5am to finish setting up. Surveyed the course...and half of my freaking signs got washed out. The ones I had pre-painted were fine, but those that I had just painted yesterday (arrows I mean) had been ruined in the storm. It was a mess. Furthermore, I found one of the trails to be pretty much blocked in several places by downed trees. I had excellent help to fix this, but we were an hour late for the RO meeting (I HATE being late).

A couple other hiccups here and there getting things started and people in place. I was hoping first runner would be out at 9am....nah. Try 10:42. Oh man. I felt like I was losing traction.

The whole time...all of my RO's were so awesome and pleasant. Once we started rolling out shooters things flowed better.
EVERYTHING gets fixed on Friday...it's a rule.

Quote:
Friday night was fun. I did a low country boil in the parking lot and we all stuffed our faces. I was in tears laughing listening to Bruce recount his run. He really is a gifted story teller.
"All comedy is based in someone else suffering."

Quote:
Saturday, the real run, went incredibly smooth.
Agreed, though I wish we could have gotten all the radios to VHF for Saturday.

Quote:
All in all I was happy and grateful for how it all turned out. I felt so special to be surrounded by my FAL friends, who I think of as the core of my RNG family. <3
It's a stupid outdated rifle that only morons find interesting...or it might be some kind of litmus test for just the right level of insanity. I am still upset that when you put the fellowship patch on it occurred to me you are not on it...wheels are turning, this must be remedied.

Quote:
I like this pic of Matt & me....you can see the stress in his face bc I'm not saving the excel sheet every three seconds

I suspect Matt exists in a barely contained state of taking the mouse away from other people all day long...it's probably why he drinks.

Quote:
Did any of yall even notice my note??

Dang...missed that...noice!

Quote:
Slackline didn't trip up as many people as I hoped.

Well, some of us did it twice. I think my wound from it is infected. Urgent care will be unimpressed unless I get the video posted before I go. They are getting so hard to impress.

You nailed it, Kelly, be proud.

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."

"Into the light may you fall
Into the light may you follow
Into the light may you know
Truth alone"
stimpsonjcat is offline   Reply With Quote