View Single Post
Old August 06, 2018, 23:16   #166
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post
Clinton House was the perfect place for an RNG...the property really lends itself to something like that.
This is beyond debate...what a venue!

Quote:
Got on course at 5am to finish setting up. Surveyed the course...and half of my freaking signs got washed out. The ones I had pre-painted were fine, but those that I had just painted yesterday (arrows I mean) had been ruined in the storm. It was a mess. Furthermore, I found one of the trails to be pretty much blocked in several places by downed trees. I had excellent help to fix this, but we were an hour late for the RO meeting (I HATE being late).

A couple other hiccups here and there getting things started and people in place. I was hoping first runner would be out at 9am....nah. Try 10:42. Oh man. I felt like I was losing traction.

The whole time...all of my RO's were so awesome and pleasant. Once we started rolling out shooters things flowed better.
EVERYTHING gets fixed on Friday...it's a rule.

Quote:
Friday night was fun. I did a low country boil in the parking lot and we all stuffed our faces. I was in tears laughing listening to Bruce recount his run. He really is a gifted story teller.
"All comedy is based in someone else suffering."

Quote:
Saturday, the real run, went incredibly smooth.
Agreed, though I wish we could have gotten all the radios to VHF for Saturday.

Quote:
All in all I was happy and grateful for how it all turned out. I felt so special to be surrounded by my FAL friends, who I think of as the core of my RNG family. <3
It's a stupid outdated rifle that only morons find interesting...or it might be some kind of litmus test for just the right level of insanity. I am still upset that when you put the fellowship patch on it occurred to me you are not on it...wheels are turning, this must be remedied.

Quote:
I like this pic of Matt & me....you can see the stress in his face bc I'm not saving the excel sheet every three seconds

I suspect Matt exists in a barely contained state of taking the mouse away from other people all day long...it's probably why he drinks.

Quote:
Did any of yall even notice my note??

Dang...missed that...noice!

Quote:
Slackline didn't trip up as many people as I hoped.

Well, some of us did it twice. I think my wound from it is infected. Urgent care will be unimpressed unless I get the video posted before I go. They are getting so hard to impress.

You nailed it, Kelly, be proud.

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is offline   Reply With Quote