Thread: Anesthetic
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2015, 16:42   #110
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
In the past Lidocaine products have been prescription. As of July 1 in Georgia Lidocaine cream and Lidoderm patches at 4% strength are available over the counter. 5% is still prescription but 4% products are hitting the shelves so go stock your kits up. My guess is a 1% difference in strength is not significant. Have a tube of 4% and a box of 4% patches to try just for grins. For me, 5% will be cheaper due to insurance. If you have a good prescription plan that picks up the 5% products don't waste money by using OTC. Like Flonase is now available OTC at $27 bottle. If I hand pharmacist a script, get a different bottle with same compound but $15 copay on insurance. Odd how something can be OTC and prescription at same time, pharmacist said never had issues like this till Nobamacare messed everything up.Don't know if this is applicable to all states as a move by the Feds or just a Georgia thing. Be sure to check because both are great items to stock up on.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote