The FAL Files

The FAL Files (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Class III Files (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Question/ Texas (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450226)

andresere February 20, 2020 22:07

Question/ Texas
 
I have a friend in Texas that will be getting his silencers. He needs to have barrels threaded. Not sure what the firearms are, but a local shop is quoting him $300/per rifle. Seems nuts to me.

A. In Texas is there a reputable shop (a FAL Filer business preferably) that can help him out?

B. Ballpark price per gun.

C. Any legal things that have to happen first?

He asked me and I'm clueless about this stuff. Appreciate any and all answers you guys can give me. Thanks. :whiskey:

Texgunner February 21, 2020 00:47

I would try to get in touch with Randy Kline aka Sledgehammer. He lives in Jacksonville, in East Texas. I have no idea what sort of work schedule he's keeping these days but I do believe he's still smithing. He is a craftsman, priced fairly and a real nice guy as well. I'll check my address book for his phone number if you're interested, and will send it via PM if so. He is a member here and may have his contact info in his profile too.

andresere February 21, 2020 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texgunner (Post 4844021)
I would try to get in touch with Randy Kline aka Sledgehammer. He lives in Jacksonville, in East Texas. I have no idea what sort of work schedule he's keeping these days but I do believe he's still smithing. He is a craftsman, priced fairly and a real nice guy as well. I'll check my address book for his phone number if you're interested, and will send it via PM if so. He is a member here and may have his contact info in his profile too.

That was the one in the back of my mind. I thought he was from Texas. Thanks man!

mp February 21, 2020 13:16

For barrel threading? Class 3 Machining, Rockwall, TX. Great work at great pricing, and quick turnaround.

meltblown February 21, 2020 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp (Post 4844163)
For barrel threading? Class 3 Machining, Rockwall, TX. Great work at great pricing, and quick turnaround.

Hey MP. Do they blast and park too? I have a 17.75 barrel that has been cut down. Belgian with no serial #s. It only needs to be threaded with LH threads. The profile is already there just missing the threads. Want to transfer it to one of my para builds.

mp February 22, 2020 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by meltblown (Post 4844264)
Hey MP. Do they blast and park too? I have a 17.75 barrel that has been cut down. Belgian with no serial #s. It only needs to be threaded with LH threads. The profile is already there just missing the threads. Want to transfer it to one of my para builds.

I donít think the refinish. They basically specialize in threading mass amounts of barrels quickly and cheaply.

Texgunner February 22, 2020 19:51

Pat, look for a PM. :)

perryturner February 22, 2020 20:27

If he is in the Houston area, I would recommend Ed VandenBerg in Pearland. https://www.vandenbergcustom.com/

Big Dog February 27, 2020 10:29

Threading
 
+1 for Class 3 Machining, Rockwall, TX. Morgan does excellent work...

Snake Bitten February 27, 2020 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andresere (Post 4843999)
I have a friend in Texas that will be getting his silencers. He needs to have barrels threaded. Not sure what the firearms are, but a local shop is quoting him $300/per rifle. Seems nuts to me.

A. In Texas is there a reputable shop (a FAL Filer business preferably) that can help him out?

B. Ballpark price per gun.

C. Any legal things that have to happen first?

He asked me and I'm clueless about this stuff. Appreciate any and all answers you guys can give me. Thanks. :whiskey:

What city in TX does your friend live?

+1 on Ed Vandenberg in Houston area.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The FAL Files