The FAL Files

The FAL Files (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Meetings and Events (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New England FAL 2-gun meetup (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443202)

C. Stockwell July 20, 2019 05:50

New England FAL 2-gun meetup

Myself and two friends are organizing a New England FAL + Cold War pistol meetup. If we have enough people showing up, I would like to have an actual 2-gun match. Tentative date of Labor Day or Veterans Day.

Invictus77 July 20, 2019 06:36

Depending on dates, I would likely be up for that trip.

HenryIV July 20, 2019 06:59

You will have a great time

With a little prep work like that done by my friend Invictus77 for his recent FAL and pistol shoot you will have a safe, organized blast of a time. Will it be in Rhode Island?

C. Stockwell July 20, 2019 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenryIV (Post 4761335)
With a little prep work like that done by my friend Invictus77 for his recent FAL and pistol shoot you will have a safe, organized blast of a time. Will it be in Rhode Island?

Either RI or NH. Travel into RI or NH is fine with a FAL and modern pistols. Carrying in RI would be a no-go for non-residents unless you want to bother with applying for a permit. NH is a Constitutional Carry state.

Invictus77 July 20, 2019 08:10

There are five US states I have not been in and Maine, Vermont, and NH are three of them. I need an excuse to get up there and an FAL shoot is the perfect excuse!

As far as I know (???) those 3 states are FAL friendly, so a shoot NH is my vote and I could fly in up there someplace. If in RI, I would likely not bring any guns as I would need to go through Massachusetts to visit ME, VT, and NH while I was up there.

You NE guys tell me if I am thinking correctly on the gun laws up there please???

C. Stockwell July 20, 2019 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invictus77 (Post 4761363)
There are five US states I have not been in and Maine, Vermont, and NH are three of them. I need an excuse to get up there and an FAL shoot is the perfect excuse!

As far as I know (???) those 3 states are FAL friendly, so a shoot NH is my vote and I could fly in up there someplace. If in RI, I would likely not bring any guns as I would need to go through Massachusetts to visit ME, VT, and NH while I was up there.

You NE guys tell me if I am thinking correctly on the gun laws up there please???

You're fine traveling through Mass with guns that are locked up and unloaded as long as you don't stop in Mass or go on detours in Mass. I would be more concerned with NY + CT as they're longer drives. You can fly into both RI + NH also.

C. Stockwell July 22, 2019 16:40

Tentative date and location: 11/11 at Pelham Fish and Game in New Hampshire. Will post again once everything's confirmed.

Invictus77 July 22, 2019 18:19

11/11 is a Monday? Also it is Monday after opening weekend of KY deer gun season which is when the wife hunts. I'm not seeing that feasible in my schedule unfortunately.

C. Stockwell July 22, 2019 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invictus77 (Post 4762548)
11/11 is a Monday? Also it is Monday after opening weekend of KY deer gun season which is when the wife hunts. I'm not seeing that feasible in my schedule unfortunately.

Correct, 11/11 is Veteran's Day and also marks Rhodesia's UDI. The date's not set in stone yet so I will keep everyone posted. Open to alternative suggestions as well.

Maine1 October 01, 2019 16:59

is this still happening?

dainsleif October 01, 2019 21:11

Pelham denied the facilities request, unfortunately.

We've been discussing doing something less formal in the action pits this year, probably on 11/11, with a plan to try something more formal next year, likely at a different club.

Chester Nimitz October 11, 2019 01:06

Manchester, NH

There is a Rifle Range in the Vicinity of Manchester, N.H.

Very nice community.