The FAL Files

The FAL Files (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Emergency power (https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436099)

Bawana jim January 10, 2019 22:34

Emergency power

So what else could Trump do if he invokes the emergency power act to build a wall? Once he declares an emergency can he go after other sore spots that democrats have created, sanctuary cities?

loneeagle308 January 11, 2019 01:33

When the emergency powers act gets around. It will truly show Trump attempted to work with the idiots before having to go through that process.

Bawana jim January 11, 2019 01:37

What I have been reading is that same emergency powers act could be used by a dem potus on things like climate change. I wonder if Trump may go farther than just the wall and stop all illegal immigrants or maybe throw them out?

G1user January 11, 2019 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4682464)
What I have been reading is that same emergency powers act could be used by a dem potus on things like climate change....

the leftist mob was happy when the kenyan declared emergency power, to "fundamentally change america" by stealing/redistributing wealth from trad americans, "social justice".

TeamNeverTrump hates Trump doing the job he was hired to do, by his declaring emergency power only this time for the legitimate/lawful purpose of border security, because they hate losing to Trump, and they despise the deplorable irredeemables that hired him;

TeamNeverTrump is concerned with suppressing trad americans, in order to complete the importation of their replacements from third world shitholes.

this is not about statesmanship or "doing the right thing", it is about revenge on political enemies, the making and settling of scores.

there is one and only one answer to TeamNeverTrump and the leftist mob pals: forcible ejection from all public power, for cause.
anything less than that will always be construed as acceptance.

Gary Harwell January 11, 2019 07:46

Next Dim prez could use emergency powers to confiscate all guns after a few false flags. Sulla, Julius, and a few others used the technique quite often in the good old Roman days.

Heisser Mann January 11, 2019 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Harwell (Post 4682486)
Next Dim prez could use emergency powers to confiscate all guns after a few false flags. Sulla, Julius, and a few others used the technique quite often in the good old Roman days.

That's predicated on our willingness to hand them over. Will you? I personally don't give a flying F**k what some entity says, they want my guns, ammo anything--they will have to take it from my bloody, still warm corpse.

bubbagump January 11, 2019 09:58

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisser Mann (Post 4682510)
That's predicated on our willingness to hand them over. Will you? I personally don't give a flying F**k what some entity says, they want my guns, ammo anything--they will have to take it from my bloody, still warm corpse.

Precisely. They can do very little that we don't let them do. Question is how much are we willing to let 'em get away with?

V guy January 11, 2019 11:48

According to the Constitution, the Army and Navy were formed to defend the USA from invasion and invaders, not to go overseas.

Somehow, Posse Commitatus has defanged the original intent of the Constitution, and is likely unconstitutional. It just prevents the Army from invading the states, and acting as a Police Force against the local population and government.

Posse Commitatus does not come into play............ along A BORDER.

Common sense says that this invasion of illegals, drugs and human trafficking and cash out is WAR along a border. Smuggling is an act of WAR, when it supports illegal and criminal ACTS, in a "Brush Fire War".

However, it the Posse Commitatus Act IS a big impediment to Obama types, and Obama would have invaded the South, if he could have to disarm the tea party.

bubbagump January 11, 2019 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by V guy (Post 4682549)
According to the Constitution, the Army and Navy were formed to defend the USA from invasion and invaders, not to go overseas.

Somehow, Posse Commitatus has defanged the original intent of the Constitution, and is likely unconstitutional. It just prevents the Army from invading the states, and acting as a Police Force against the local population and government.

Posse Commitatus does not come into play............ along A BORDER.

Common sense says that this invasion of illegals, drugs and human trafficking and cash out is WAR along a border. Smuggling is an act of WAR, when it supports illegal and criminal ACTS, in a "Brush Fire War".

However, it the Posse Commitatus Act IS a big impediment to Obama types, and Obama would have invaded the South, if he could have to disarm the tea party.

Well we could do it like we did in the old days, just invade whatever part of mexico we needed to and establish a buffer zone. Or go all the way to mexico city if necessary, but I'm thinking we won't need to this time.

justashooter January 11, 2019 12:16

Quote:

lexington and concord all over America. king's men fall just as hard as any other.

Nick H. January 11, 2019 15:55

I hope Trump will be very cautious when and if he invokes Emergency Power. It could be a bad precedent that ultimately could lead to further over reaches of executive power years in the future.

With that said, the real emergency is that half of congress and a good portion of the American people think we should sacrifice our nation, our culture and our children to some multicultural, politically correct leftist fantasy. I don't know how to fix the real problem without hanging 90% of the news media types. I don't think it is up to the government to do that for us.

Riversidesports January 11, 2019 16:17

All he has to do is invoke Presidential powers under the Enemy Alien Act to remove all illegals
Hell FDR used it to jail Japanese citizens for years

RG Coburn January 11, 2019 20:07

Hopefully he can also order immediate deportations of all illegals without costly and time-consuming hearings. Let them cry to the judge once they are back on their own soil.

Bawana jim January 11, 2019 20:26

Now call me an idiot but Trump says we need emergency powers due to us being invaded. So there are a lot of leftist helping the invaders get here and give them sanctuary, why couldn't he arrest them?

gentlemanjoe January 11, 2019 20:37

I thought this was about a deal on off grid energy/generators. :sad: MAGA:shades:

KoKodog January 12, 2019 10:35

if I read correctly the "gist" of everything coming from the white house ..........

Trump has been extensively educated on the pros & cons of this possible move

it seems like he is reluctant to make the move, but will if he must,

preferring to get congress to "make a deal"

which in the long run is a preferable move for all

RG Coburn January 12, 2019 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4682751)
Now call me an idiot but Trump says we need emergency powers due to us being invaded. So there are a lot of leftist helping the invaders get here and give them sanctuary, why couldn't he arrest them?

For the life of me,I cannot understand why he hasn't. Accessory to a crime. Harboring know criminals. Harboring known fugitives. Obstruction. Contempt.
Not sure if war-time stuff wouldn't also apply. Aiding the enemy.Providing comfort...etc...etc...It should be hard as hell and extremely dangerous for somebody to help illegal aliens.

357ross January 12, 2019 21:00

He hasn't done it yet because the moment he does, some useless 'judge' will stop it and force the entire thing through years of court battles to finally get it to scotus and who knows how they will rule. Ultimately it will take years which is why the democraps want him to do it.