PDA

View Full Version : Australia Trip.

rickffp
January 04, 2004, 14:23
I will vacationing in Australia. My question is to those down under like Andy and 1ferral1 and those that have recently visited. Are there any fal related points of interest (the Lithgow factory) that are worth making a detour? We'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, and Brisbane (family in Brisbane). Thanks Rick.

Andy the Aussie
January 04, 2004, 15:06
SAF at Lithgow is a must, Australian War Memorial in Canberra and if so inclined the Infantry Museum at Singleton, which is about 2.5hrs north of Sydney. Drop me an e-mail and I can give you some times and such that they are open/closed etc. What part of Brisbane are your family in..???

Andy :cool:

gunnut1
January 04, 2004, 18:07
Ya need to do the river taxi in Brisbane. It will take you from one end of the city to the other. Cheap way to tour the city. Make the Gold Coast if you have time. This is where they run one of the LaMans style races. Neat topless beaches also. There is a Warner Brothers amusement park in the Gold Coast also. Worth the trip. There is a war memorial across the street form the Sheridan hotel downtown. I can't remember the name of the street. Great food but expensive to us Yanks.

But most important. THINK LEFT when you drive!

G'dya mate. Ave a great time!