PDA

View Full Version : How is Tucson Arizona?

JLH
May 05, 2003, 17:05
Looks like that is where the job is going to be taking me...

Any good places to shoot?

Class III Friendly?

Thanks!

GummyBear1
May 05, 2003, 17:24
I'm not sure about Tucson. I lived in Phoenix for 10 years.

There are some GREAT places to shoot in Phoenix. You're looking at a 2 hour drive from Tucson to Phoenix.

The two ranges I frequented were the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club (I was a member) in Apache Junction and the Ben Avery Shooting Range just north of Phoenix. Rio Salado is class III friendly. I'm not sure about Ben Avery.

There are quite a few others as well as just driving out into the desert.

I loved it there.

:)

withergyld
May 05, 2003, 18:17
Tucson is HOT
I do not live there, but I think they are politcally more liberal then Phoenix. They tried to ban Gunshows in Tucson, I think they succeded for a short bit, but I think recent litigation overturned the law. That may be an indication of how they might be about classIII.

JLH
May 05, 2003, 18:26
Well can't be as bad as Massachusetts (born and raised) but imagine can't be as nice as here in Kentucky either!

eodinert
May 05, 2003, 19:01
Tucson, and Arizona, are great. Tucson is not as hot as PHX, but it does get pretty toasty. Countless miles of shooting friendly desert. Some seriously beautiful real estate down there.

Tucson does have the a lot of liberals for arizona, but it's nothing compared to anywhere east.

Doug

slash-5
May 05, 2003, 21:10
I lived in Tucson for 7 years. Great place if you have a job, bad place to try and find a job. People, in my experience are very pro-gun there and you should have plenty of chances to join IDPA or other shooting clubs should that be your thing. It has all the amenities of a big town with all of the charm and freedom of a small town. Some of the best Mexican food I’ve had….Hmmmm, brings me back.

Eclipse
May 05, 2003, 23:58
Desert Trails Gun Club (SE part of town out by Kolb)
http://www.deserttrailsgunclub.com

Tucson Rifle Club (20 miles west of Tucson near 3 points)
http://www.tucsonrifleclub.org/

Indoor ranges
Marksman Pistol Institute
5051 E 29Th St
Tucson, Az 85711
(520)747-8657

JENSON'S ARIZONA SPORTSMAN
West Tucson location
Indoor Range for Handguns
1280 W Prince Rd
Tucson 85705
520-293-8516

High power rifle competitions
ARIZONA STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION
Box 40962
Mesa 85274
Phone 480-828-6064

AZ Gunshow Calendar
http://www.azarms.com/calendar2003.htm

JLH
May 06, 2003, 12:47
Thanks for all the info guys!

eodinert
May 06, 2003, 16:17
Oh yeah, and it's CIII friendly, to boot. A gun-friendlier place would be hard to find.

Doug

JLH
May 06, 2003, 18:36
I believe Tucson is in "Pima" (?) county, does the local LEO sign off on Class III?

Anyone know?

Thanks

jimbeam
May 06, 2003, 18:43
Check out a club named "TDs". $6.00 lap dances:)

slash-5
May 07, 2003, 03:10
Originally posted by jimbeam
Check out a club named "TDs". $6.00 lap dances:)

Back before I "saw the light" I was authoring a book called "The best Topless Bars of the Southwest." TD's was ranked number 2. BTW, I haven't been to a topless bar in 7 years (well except that time when my wife wanted to see one...), but I can assure you the lap dances are not $6.00. ($10, plus a tip if it was good. Oh yeah, it will be good).

SJetwrench
May 07, 2003, 03:25
As for the fact that i live in Tucson right now, all I have to say is that it's pretty gun friendly. I recommend the fallowing gun stores: Jensen's, Murphy's and west of the Pecos.

I don't know about Class III, but I haven't anything bad, so take it for what's it's worth.

And welcome to Tucson,E-mail me some time, maybe go get a beer sometime.

jimbeam
May 12, 2003, 21:56
Originally posted by slash-5

Back before I "saw the light" I was authoring a book called "The best Topless Bars of the Southwest." TD's was ranked number 2. BTW, I haven't been to a topless bar in 7 years (well except that time when my wife wanted to see one...), but I can assure you the lap dances are not $6.00. ($10, plus a tip if it was good. Oh yeah, it will be good).

They were when I was there 4 years ago, but it was a weekday.

Eclipse
May 13, 2003, 05:19
Originally posted by JLH
I believe Tucson is in "Pima" (?) county, does the local LEO sign off on Class III?

Rumor has it that Pima County Sheriff is okay with Class 3 purchases and will sign paperwork, but LEO of TPD will not.

JLH
May 13, 2003, 15:47
Eclipse,
Thanks bro!

Also thanks for all the info on the T+A bars!:angel: