PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Vendors help with fundraising?

Para Driver
April 26, 2003, 15:32
Okay,
I gotta ask the obvious question?

There are Vendors who benefit from this board, and yes I'll list a few names:

Gunplumber, Gunthings, FAC, IO, Tapco, Dan's, VOW, Rhineland and others:

Why don't they donate some of their products for Auction on the board?

Flame me if you wish!

Shrike
April 26, 2003, 16:14
because they already give alot of money to the files.
Mike :fal:

Trixie
April 26, 2003, 16:28
They pay for advertizing.
:fal: :fal: :fal:

Bearwhositshere
April 26, 2003, 16:41
And some of them are sending money over and above. Dan at VOW is, I saw his post, as are others.

Galland
April 26, 2003, 17:07
I have ordered or plan to order products from the following businesses due soley to information and experiences I've read about on falfiles.com:

DSArms (spare barrel and new spring set)
Arizona Response Systems (still gathering parts for a build)
VOW (will buy rear sight for aforementioned build)
Tapco (10 new mags and an operating rod)
FAC (Imbel NGL receiver)
falparts.com (Grade III kit for build)

I imagine all of them already advert on falfiles.com and pay for doing so. I sent in a contribution two or three months ago, but not enough to get a picture under my name. Jen's problem took me by surprise.

This site gets less traffic than other firearm enthusiast sites I visit. One of them doesn't solicit donations at all and I've never seen a post in regards to it costing too much. Maybe the owner is rich. :confused: I dunno.

Galland

Jen
April 26, 2003, 18:01
Vendors do and have contributed to the Files. TAPCO has repeatedly contributed above and beyond advertising in the past, DSA has run receiver group buys with some of the funds going to the site, VOW has run benefit auctions, ARS has offered several FALs for sale with partial proceeds going to the board, that's just a few of the ones I recall off the top of my head.

Para Driver
April 26, 2003, 20:37
I stand humbly corrected...

and greatful for their support..:angel:

cadillac
April 26, 2003, 20:51
Jen runs the show. She is ably assisted by Ted, Gary, Kev, etc. BUT supporting this place requires a group effort. The sponsors and advertisers all do their part - or more. Many of the "non-sponsor" vendors still give a lot - nearly all are regular contributors. Most have participated in (or sponsored) group buy programs or benefit auctions.

I have never seen a site where so many relative strangers work so hard, together, to achieve a common goal. Despite all of our differences (and they are sometimes very apparent!) we have all gained much from this site and consistently rally to its support!

Y'all give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back. Now pull out your checkbooks!

FWRA
April 26, 2003, 23:12
Originally posted by cadillac
Jen runs the show. She is ably assisted by Ted, Gary, Kev, etc. BUT supporting this place requires a group effort. The sponsors and advertisers all do their part - or more. Many of the "non-sponsor" vendors still give a lot - nearly all are regular contributors. Most have participated in (or sponsored) group buy programs or benefit auctions.

I have never seen a site where so many relative strangers work so hard, together, to achieve a common goal. Despite all of our differences (and they are sometimes very apparent!) we have all gained much from this site and consistently rally to its support!

Y'all give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back. Now pull out your checkbooks!

Very well said Cadillac.

Who are the two boys in your avatar? Is one of them you as a lad?

Trixie
April 27, 2003, 04:09
Originally posted by FWRA
...Who are the two boys in your avatar? Is one of them you as a lad? Post #3 (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=603669#post603669) from the Long time since mother... thread has the answer.