PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I am home!

DABTL
April 16, 2003, 06:12
The long national nightmare is ended.:)

worldskipper
April 16, 2003, 07:23
where'd you go Bill? More CMP stuff, or some of that crawlin' through the grass, slithering, oh sorry lost my train of thought, I mean lawyer business.

:D

Speakin of CMP how long do you think the garand CMP will last? I'm thinking of getting a garand, just don't know the timeframe I'd like to put it off as long as possible.

Worldskipper

DABTL
April 16, 2003, 18:26
The Orest Michael told me they sold 45,000 rifles last year. That included M1s, Carbines, M1917 and M1903. There was at least 20,000 M1903 rifles in stock and at least 65,000 M1s in the warehouse that I saw.

How long they last is anyone's guess.

Another large delivery of M1s is on line but I cannot tell you more.

worldskipper
April 16, 2003, 19:57
Cool, thank you Bill. I guess I need to start saving my sheckels for a garand. Do you have any recomendations on grade? I'm just looking for something that will always work and have a reasonable accuracy (i.e. taking a hog in Texas)

Worldskipper

DABTL
April 17, 2003, 04:28
I only have one CMP gun, it is a rack grade with an Earl McFarland cartouche on the stock. David uses it for re-enacting.

I have assembled six Garands after buying a receiver and believe that to be the best way to have either a shooter or close to original configuration weapon.

CMP will be offering Springfield and H&R Garands which have not been issued sometime in the Summer, I believe. We sorted and packed many, many of them. They will run about $1050 and be wonderful shooters.