PDA

View Full Version : OT: FWRA/Fritz/any cz52 pistol owners

Mr. Pink
October 22, 2001, 17:55
Are you guys still gung-ho on these little beauties or has the euphoria worn off? Any longterm reviews/comments as I'm finally getting around to getting one (or two), maybe....

Ask4id
October 22, 2001, 18:01
Originally posted by Mr. Pink:
<STRONG>Are you guys still gung-ho on these little beauties or has the euphoria worn off? Any longterm reviews/comments as I'm finally getting around to getting one (or two), maybe....</STRONG>

Load it up with that mag safe hollow point and it is a real beast. I think its over 3000fps.

fenian15
October 22, 2001, 18:06
I like mine a lot, but I've been having all kinds of problems with the New Generation ammo I've been using...massive amounts of FTFs...but I can shoot 'em eventually, if I keep trying. It may be that the firing pin is worn...but the ones that don't fire seem to have pretty good primer hits. It could just be the primers are really hard, though.

I got some ammo from SOG today...i'll take it out Wed night and see how that does. But, when the pistol goes bang, it is REAL cool. BTW, the New Generation chono'd at 1600fps.

Gaspipe
October 22, 2001, 19:06
I am envisioning getting two of these things. One for each hand.....

FWRA
October 22, 2001, 19:51
Originally posted by fenian15:
<STRONG>I like mine a lot, but I've been having all kinds of problems with the New Generation ammo I've been using...massive amounts of FTFs...but I can shoot 'em eventually, if I keep trying. It may be that the firing pin is worn...but the ones that don't fire seem to have pretty good primer hits. It could just be the primers are really hard, though.

I got some ammo from SOG today...i'll take it out Wed night and see how that does. But, when the pistol goes bang, it is REAL cool. BTW, the New Generation chono'd at 1600fps.</STRONG>

Try one of the Harrington Competition firing pin/trigger enhancements. Eliminates that problem.

My Entreprise Arms custom CZ52 (personally built and machined by Lawrence Abbott) is a one hole shooter and sucks up the New Generation ammo like a dream. The Novak rear and the Tritium front post help me to get a great sight picture. Mine is equipped with the Harrington install above, Wolff 16# spring, custom fitted slide release and super Entreprise Parkerizing job. The slide was milled for the sights.

It's my "carry" piece when travelling the gunshow circuit. A firebreathing .30cal for sure!
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1022307&a=12667430&p=47018055&Sequence=0

Best Regards,
Mark Powell

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: FWRA ]

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: FWRA ]

FWRA
October 22, 2001, 21:17
Oh...forgot.

Mr. Pink, THIS one's for you. ;-)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1022307&a=12667430&p=55549347&Sequence=0

Just funnin' with ya!

Buy one of these pistols. You wont be sorry.

Mark Powell

fenian15
October 22, 2001, 22:34
Damn...that's a purty CZ-52...no, not the pink one!! I like the wood handgrips...how much did all that set you back?

Pastor_ Augie
October 22, 2001, 22:39
I Love my CZ-52 thing is a Blast to shoot. Well worth it.

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 05:50
<STRONG>Damn...that's a purty CZ-52...no, not the pink one!! I like the wood handgrips...how much did all that set you back?</STRONG>

Not counting the pistol, about $350. I also have a custom made leather thumb break holster for it. (Those I sell too. Custom built by a "master of leatherwork" here in Ohio)

These fine pistols are one of my specialties at FWRA.

Best Regards,
Mark Powell
FWRA

LVACGAR
October 23, 2001, 06:05
Absolutely awesome pistols. Firebreathin' son of a guns. I want a second.

I have read that the caliber is outlawed in Singapore due to problems with it penetrating LEO's body armor. It sure defeats abandoned car doors with ease. SOG is also selling a Polish made pistol in the same caliber cheaply (and in new condition).

If you get one you will have to buy another, they beg to be shot one in each hand!

LAFAL
October 23, 2001, 07:53
I love mine. Dropped in a FAC 9mm barrel and bought an extra extractor. Had to slowly file the angle back to where it would extract consistently. And it doesn't like reloads- eats USA and Remington yellowbox
115gr FMJ. Reparked it with Brownell's blackening kit (will never try that again!) and put the wood grips on it as well. Like your Novacs, Mark. Kewl.

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 08:07
Originally posted by LAFAL:
<STRONG>I love mine. Dropped in a FAC 9mm barrel and bought an extra extractor. Had to slowly file the angle back to where it would extract consistently. And it doesn't like reloads- eats USA and Remington yellowbox
115gr FMJ. Reparked it with Brownell's blackening kit (will never try that again!) and put the wood grips on it as well. Like your Novacs, Mark. Kewl.</STRONG>

Be sure to replace your rollers that came with the 9mm barrel. They are soft and can damage your pistol. Harrington sells US made hardened roller that are lifetime warrantied.
I wont sell the 9mm conversion because they are a bear to get 'em to work without mods.
(That's just my opinion) Just not a "drop in and shoot" conversion for sure. ;-)

Still, for the price of $80, not a bad way to go for some 9mm fun. With surplus 7.62x25 so cheap and so powerful, I just think it's a "step down". I have other hi-cap 9's that do it better.

YMMV
Mark

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: FWRA ]

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 08:30
Oh, forgot. Replaced my grips with Hogue custom Coco Bolo grips which are way cool.

$75 dealer cost but worth every cent. ;-)

When outfitting a custom gun, no expense should be spared. :)

Here's what they looked like on the CZ52 before it left for California:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1022307&a=12915287&p=48430683&Sequence=0

Custom CZ52 leather holsters:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1022307&a=12915287&p=48430632&Sequence=1

No shoulder rigs for me! (My custom rig is $49 ;-)

Get one of these fine pistols while we still can. ;-)

Best Regards,
Mark Powell
FWRA

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: FWRA ]

doubletap
October 23, 2001, 08:31
I've been using one of these little squirts since about '91, when they first started coming in to the country. Haven't done any mods on the several I used.

I only have one question. Where can a fella find some of the real Czech ammo, not the watered down Tokarev stuff, but the 1800 fps machine gun and CZ52 stuff. I am down to my last few hundred rounds of it.

By the way, penetration is great. Have shot it through 14" of dead elm and watched it smack the bank behind it.

Anyone try the Sierra loading data for it?

Doubletap

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 08:44
Originally posted by doubletap:
<STRONG>I've been using one of these little squirts since about '91, when they first started coming in to the country. Haven't done any mods on the several I used.

I only have one question. Where can a fella find some of the real Czech ammo, not the watered down Tokarev stuff, but the 1800 fps machine gun and CZ52 stuff. I am down to my last few hundred rounds of it.

By the way, penetration is great. Have shot it through 14" of dead elm and watched it smack the bank behind it.

Anyone try the Sierra loading data for it?

Doubletap</STRONG>

I bought some Bulgarian ammo from Century awhile back (machine gun ammo from the '50's. Hot, but corrosive. Ballistol takes care of that problem ;-)

There is still hot machine gun ammo out there. The ammo dealers (private guys with old and new inventory) are your best bet at gun shows. Ask them about 7.62 Tokarov, or 7.62X25 they sometimes have some in a boxes stored under the table. You can find real "gems" that way.

Install the Harrington firing pins and you'll be amazed at the improvement. You can then dry fire to your heart's content, and trigger pull is reduced to under 3# and crisp as well. Makarov.com sells the Harrington stuff. (lifetime warranty too!)

Best Regards,
Mark Powell

FALPhil
October 23, 2001, 08:53
Link for obtaining these Harrington goodies?

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 08:59
Originally posted by FALPhil:
<STRONG>Link for obtaining these Harrington goodies?</STRONG>

Here you go!
http://6138.adahost.com/cz52/

Buy any and all Harrington products because they are first rate!

Tell Karl that Mark Powell from Cuy Falls sent ya'!

Mark

sesh
October 23, 2001, 09:07
I've got two of these. One blued from SOG about a year back and one parked from Century just recently. I've never had a failure to fire through about 400 rounds of corrosive ammo. Oh, and my range has a corrugated steel roof so the ejected brass can ricochet off the roof and peg the guy next to me on top of the head with some force. Great guns.

fenian15
October 23, 2001, 18:01
Damn...this thread just cost me $54 hehehehe...I just ordered the firing pin kit,and the 16.5# spring. Now, bear in mind I'm not a gunsmith...is this gonna be relatively easy to install? Don't need any trips to the emergency room lol! :D

FWRA
October 23, 2001, 23:07
<STRONG>Damn...this thread just cost me $54 hehehehe...I just ordered the firing pin kit,and the 16.5# spring. Now, bear in mind I'm not a gunsmith...is this gonna be relatively easy to install? Don't need any trips to the emergency room lol! :D</STRONG>

Just follow Harrington's instructions carefully. You'll do fine. :-)

Mark