PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 Police vs. 870 HD

Slater
November 01, 2002, 18:25
My understanding is that the 870P has a Parkerized finish and perhaps a couple heavier-duty components than the 870 HD. Haven't priced them, but are 870P's significantly more expensive than HD's? I've been told that some dealers will not sell 870P's to non-LEO. Accurate?

CODE 3
November 01, 2002, 21:51
Originally posted by Slater
My understanding is that the 870P has a Parkerized finish and perhaps a couple heavier-duty components than the 870 HD. Haven't priced them, but are 870P's significantly more expensive than HD's? I've been told that some dealers will not sell 870P's to non-LEO. Accurate?

Being a LEO, I have and carry a 870HD for duty use and I have had no problem with it. I paid at the time around $250 my friend paid a lot more for his 870 Police, I think it was about $450. The HD has a parkerized finish like all shotguns, 870P has a little drifferent color finish. I'm not sure about the heavier parts. Also, the shotgun can be bought by anyone, like I said before my friend bought one who is not a LEO. You are just buying a police model shotgun its not restricted to Law Enforcement only.

Coppertone
November 01, 2002, 23:29
As Code 3 said, as far as I know the 870 or 11-87 Police models can be purchased by anyone as long as they have the extra $. From what I understand, the differences supposedly are that the magazine tube spring is stronger and that they get a little extra personal attention before they hit the door (plus, they don't have those annoying "dimples" that you have to Dremel off before you can attach a magazine extension). To some people, the "POLICE" engraved on the side is worth it, to others it isn't.