PDA

View Full Version : life reminder

lutefisk
October 29, 2002, 20:26
I just spent a good portion of the afternoon with a area rancher after telling him and the infant he was holding that his wife was killed when a huge tree fell onto the highway and crushed her truck. Obvious emotional devastation...she was about 30 and just going to town. The kid was a little sick so she stayed with dad instead of being in the car seat. One of the most freak accidents I've ever seen.

Made a good reminder to me about happiness/life and how quickly and unexpectedly they can be gone.

Now it's a reminder to you.

orca
October 29, 2002, 21:27
you have a difficult duty. Life is so fragile. Sorry, and may God bless the small family and yourself, orca

vmtz
October 29, 2002, 21:35
Ditto. How very sad.

Vince

BUFF
October 30, 2002, 01:31
Delivering death messages is the worst part of my job.

Lutefisk, God bless them and you, too.

Richard W.
October 30, 2002, 11:41
Lutefisk-

Thank-you for posting this.

I had been really angry all morning about something stupid that happened on the way to work. Your post reminded how lucky I am to have a wife and little boy at home that mean the world to me.

medicmike
October 30, 2002, 17:49
Telling a person that a loved one is dead is a horrible burden, one of the most difficult things we have to deal with. If this job has taught me anything, it is that life is far too short.

rob1
October 30, 2002, 22:58
Originally posted by medicmike
Telling a person that a loved one is dead is a horrible burden, one of the most difficult things we have to deal with. If this job has taught me anything, it is that life is far too short.
Amen to that.

cetme trouble
October 30, 2002, 22:58
I have never had to delivers such a sad message but my father is on the Highway Patrol and I know he has had to tell some people about losses and you can tell when he has had to do this because he becomes more attached like it makes him think about life.

Horseman
October 31, 2002, 13:15
It's another type of bravery that it takes to do that part of the job.

Thank you for being there for your community.

Muggzy
October 31, 2002, 13:24
Lutefisk,

I'll pray for you and the family of the young women. A job that has to be done for sure. Not a job for just anyone however. I believe it take someone special to handle that task.

When my brother was killed in Viet Nam I was the first member of the family to greet the soldier that came to inform us, no one else was home at the time. When I saw him coming up our drive way
I knew in my heart what he was there for,he did'nt have to say it,
but he did provide needed details and support

I talked with him later and he told me he had people throw coffee on him, spit, and beat on him in their fits of .......rage I suppose is the word. He understood that they were not really blaming him.
He was a special person,too.