PDA

View Full Version : OK, all your Counter-Strike junkies, Game TONIGHT (tues)


HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 12:07
A while back, some of you FAL'ers came out to my clan's previous server. It had some technical issues, and we took it down.

We have a new server online! Tonight (tuesday), I am organizing another big game, around 8 PM. Please come on out, if you can.

cs.clanpimp.org:27015

http://www.clanpimp.org
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clanpimp/ <-discussion

WE WILL BE RECRUITING CLAN MEMBERS. If you are interested, email recruiting@clanpimp.org

The new server is a Dual 800, sitting on a T1, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Many of you should get really good pings.

Hope to see you there. :fal: :whiskey: :aug:

FYI, Fox News ran a story blaming Counter-Strike for the Sniper shootings. :rofl:

Antares
October 29, 2002, 12:10
im there :)

BTW I've been working off and on setting up an unofficial FALFiles clan server that will be run on Dual 800s + Linux + Dual T3s

Dont forget to add FAL- infront of your name ;)

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 12:42
Originally posted by Antares
im there :)

BTW I've been working off and on setting up an unofficial FALFiles clan server that will be run on Dual 800s + Linux + Dual T3s

Dont forget to add FAL- infront of your name ;)

Funny, I didn't take you for a Linux guy. jk ;)

Make sure to let me know the IP when it's up. It will go on my favorites list, and I will show up quite a bit, I'm sure.

freeride21a
October 29, 2002, 13:15
I ping CMU from california at about 90ms..wich aint bad for 2400 miles. Considering you dont have thousands of students downloading I might get a hair better, well see.

game name is -=SMP=- 000buck

Potsqually
October 29, 2002, 13:31
Is that Eastern time? Will try to attend.

bamFa|Potsqually|FAL

Ratlord
October 29, 2002, 13:43
You guys have a good TK detection/stats program? I have one that should still work that's free. The program is called CSmonitor and it beats the hell out of admin mod. I have the source code for it printing right now if there needs to be any modifications for the new version. I would be interested in playing but I haven't played CS in months and I have school on thursday night.

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 13:49
Originally posted by Potsqually
Is that Eastern time? Will try to attend.

bamFa|Potsqually|FAL

My Bad. EST everyone. I'll be on around 7 for testing. We may be tweeking before 8, so no guarantees.

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 13:52
Originally posted by Ratlord
You guys have a good TK detection/stats program? I have one that should still work that's free. The program is called CSmonitor and it beats the hell out of admin mod. I have the source code for it printing right now if there needs to be any modifications for the new version. I would be interested in playing but I haven't played CS in months and I have school on thursday night.

We are using the latest admin mod at the moment. If you can send me a pointer to CSMonitor, we will check it out. I know that we were having issues with some anti-cheats in the new version - dunno if there will be 1.5 conflicts with CSM.

Come one out and play. It'll come back to you quickly.

Class on thurs? Did you mean tues?

Potsqually
October 29, 2002, 15:28
Ping is 100 - 125 not good but i will tolerate.

Yo Quiero FAL
October 29, 2002, 15:40
I'll try to make it too, but I'm on the west coast, 3 hours behind you.

What is the server's IP address ?


I'll play my R Lee Ermey wav file on the mic comm feature:
"Where is your honor dirtbag? You are an absolute disgrace!"

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 15:44
As mentioned above, cs.clanpimp.org:27015

nslookup results:

Name: cs.clanpimp.org
Address: 199.234.190.98

Antares
October 29, 2002, 15:49
rut roh raggy....

C:\>ping -t 199.234.190.98

Pinging 199.234.190.98 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.234.190.98:
Packets: Sent = 18, Received = 0, Lost = 18 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Control-C
^C
C:\>

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 15:52
The firewall is dropping your ping requests. Have no fear.

Turbinator
October 29, 2002, 15:56
Ok, Ok! I've been into fantasy/medieval type mmorpg's for a while. Guess is time for me to get with the times and buy Counterstrike. One question, can I have a FAL?

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 15:58
Originally posted by Turbinator
Ok, Ok! I've been into fantasy/medieval type mmorpg's for a while. Guess is time for me to get with the times and buy Counterstrike. One question, can I have a FAL?

Unfortunately, the game is pretty focused on .223/7.62x39. The .308's are only sniper rifles. No FAL, but there is the modified G3 version.

They do have the FN SMG, however - the Buck Rogers looking one.

Odd Gibbs Shooter
October 29, 2002, 16:14
HelluvaEngineer,
Just connected to your server and it worked great. Just got my DSL line and have been looking for some guys to play.

We need to set a time on Fridays so those of us that work swingshift can get some time with you guys...


Gibbs
Shooter

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 16:19
OGS,

We hope to get more people on the server on a regular basis, in which case it will be populated most week nights.

For now, we have been coordinating games via AOL Instant Messenger, or compatible (trillian). If you (or anyone else on here) wants my AIM handle, send me a private message and I'll send it to you.

2ndssnco
October 29, 2002, 17:12
Any of you guys ever try Global Operations? Newer shooter game and it has the FAL. Long range and powerful. Gotta love the online games!:fal:

SLoV
October 29, 2002, 18:20
grr I hate CS it sucks but I wanna play with ya guys

Can you still download it? the new version that is without buying it?

If so i'll grab it and play...


You need to set your server up for Day Of Defeat, it's totally free and it's about 600x more fun than CS could ever be. It's without a doubt the best half life mod ever, might be better than half-life multiplayer :biggrin:

Potsqually
October 29, 2002, 18:25
Originally posted by SLoV
Can you still download it? the new version that is without buying it?

If so i'll grab it and play...




Yeah, you can but you better have a fast connection. It takes a while. Get the upgrade while your there, you can't connect without it.

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 18:54
Originally posted by SLoV
grr I hate CS it sucks but I wanna play with ya guys

Can you still download it? the new version that is without buying it?

If so i'll grab it and play...


You need to set your server up for Day Of Defeat, it's totally free and it's about 600x more fun than CS could ever be. It's without a doubt the best half life mod ever, might be better than half-life multiplayer :biggrin:

You will want to download the 1.5 version, FULL. You will need either the MOD or retail version. If you have HALF-LIFE (I'm guessing you do), you want to download the MOD ver.

http://www.counter-strike.net will have several download mirrors. Fileplanet will take forever. Try to find one overseas - they're usually faster.

SLoV
October 29, 2002, 18:56
i'll try to get it guys!

Ratlord
October 29, 2002, 18:58
Originally posted by 2ndssnco
Any of you guys ever try Global Operations? Newer shooter game and it has the FAL. Long range and powerful. Gotta love the online games!:fal:

The problem with GO is that the cheaters have made that game impossible to administrate. They have become unbannable and cheat flagrantly. To make matters worse, the programmers have discontinued support for the program so any bugs will rtemain in the system including cheats.

BTW, If I get home in time to see you I'll definitely be there. I'm [NoR]Gastrointestinal Disorder.

Ratlord
October 29, 2002, 19:05
Originally posted by HelluvaEngineer


We are using the latest admin mod at the moment. If you can send me a pointer to CSMonitor, we will check it out. I know that we were having issues with some anti-cheats in the new version - dunno if there will be 1.5 conflicts with CSM.

Come one out and play. It'll come back to you quickly.

Class on thurs? Did you mean tues?

Yeah, I meant Tuesday too :P. I can't post a link to it right now but I can send you the program. If you gimme until tomorrow I'll put it on a web server for ya. Just got the code dumped out so if there needs to be any changes I'll take care of it. Admin mod has cheats built into it. I'm not suprised that you have had problems. I might get home as early as 6:00 PST (kinda sick) but I might not get home until 10:00 PST. Is your server on all the time? I have been meaning to get into playing more CS but I couldn't find any good servers.

SLoV
October 29, 2002, 19:29
GAHHHHHHH MY CABLE IS BOGGED DOWN

DAMMIT!!!

IM ONLY GETTING 11-12K A SECOND GUYS. NO WAY I CAN GET IT BY 8PM. FAWK

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

I only got 6 megs done...

getting it off Kazaa, fastest place I found. Fileplanet blows so done fileshack

i hope it speeds up

my cable normally flies, I get like 500k on dslreports

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 19:38
It's not you, it's the server. Look for a faster DL in the meantime. You should be able to get 65k at least. Do a google search for "counter strike mod full download"

SLoV
October 29, 2002, 19:55
CANT GET FASTER CONENCTION

IM GETTING SCREWED

SLoV
October 29, 2002, 21:05
ILL BE ABLE TO JOIN IN ABOUT 20-30 MINS I HOPE YOUR STILL PLAYING
ITS DOWNLOADING GOOD NOW

KNOCK ON WOOD


:fal:

Potsqually
October 29, 2002, 22:10
That was fun. Hope you did not mind my bringing friends. They always like new people to play with. Er... i mean people they haven't played before not nubs.

Will be back again.

Pots

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 23:04
Originally posted by Ratlord

I might get home as early as 6:00 PST (kinda sick) but I might not get home until 10:00 PST. Is your server on all the time? I have been meaning to get into playing more CS but I couldn't find any good servers.

Server is 24/7, but I expect it will only be used at night (prime time). The pings were not great tonight, but the server is heavily admined, so cheating will NOT be tolerated - our main gripe about CS.

HelluvaEngineer
October 29, 2002, 23:06
Originally posted by Potsqually
That was fun. Hope you did not mind my bringing friends. They always like new people to play with. Er... i mean people they haven't played before not nubs.

Will be back again.

Pots

No, thanks for bringing 'em and playing on the server. We enjoyed it. I think Slap wanted to break up the clans a bit though. Clan vs. clan can get old sometimes.

At any rate, we will be coordinating more games. We hope the server will start being populated at night on a regular basis.

FAL_FREAK
October 29, 2002, 23:49
That was good fun..... I don't think anyone was hacking! Man that is quite an event in CS lately :(

I just wish my ping was better to your server, but oh well.

Ratlord
October 29, 2002, 23:56
I'm glad to see that I can still play the game to some degree. I got to play with Yo Quiero FAL, Molon Labe and some others.

Yo Quiero FAL
October 30, 2002, 01:04
We had some good games going. HellaEngineer, Potsqaully, Front Site were there, Rotz was there for awhile too. Rotz got shot to pieces so many times I lost count.

Server ran fine, pings were so-so, mine was 140 but I usually ping 50 on fast servers (Verizon DSL :shades: )

I'll drop in again over the weekend.

HelluvaEngineer
October 30, 2002, 09:13
Thanks for coming out guys, we really enjoyed it. If anyone is interested in clan participation, let me know. There were quite a few good players that showed up last night.

l8r,

Helluva (Front_Sight)

Ratlord
October 30, 2002, 11:58
How did you guys like my MGing? Not the easiest weapon to use but when you get some, you really get some.

Remember to pulse your shots. Going wide open gets you nowhere. Take this from the guy who trained clan BaTTle's trainer (BaTTle was #59 in OGL last I checked).

Potsqually
October 30, 2002, 12:09
Originally posted by Ratlord
How did you guys like my MGing? Not the easiest weapon to use but when you get some, you really get some.

Remember to pulse your shots. Going wide open gets you nowhere. Take this from the guy who trained clan BaTTle's trainer (BaTTle was #59 in OGL last I checked).
bamFa went as high as 2nd in OGL. Got tired of the time based halves though so we went to cal and ended up in cal-m for two seasons. Some of our members left the clan, we restructured and now participate on a low key in IGL(Iron Glove League) and Cal-o(not as competitve but still serious).

The para is fun but not useful against a determined clan in a match. If yu want to see how seriously some take this game just go to #findscrim on the irc and request a cal match. Humbling experience to be sure. I personally prefer to pub rather than match. Much more fun to me to be in the type of games we enjoyed last night.

Ratlord
October 30, 2002, 13:22
I'm pub only. I don't go for clan matches and I definitely don't participate in any league. Sometimes I play really well, sometimes not so well. I like the MG because it has a certain niche that fits me rather well. It's a high penetration medium range blaster.

guntoting_spartan
October 30, 2002, 14:08
i think you should switch from CS to DOD, i think its a MUCH better mod...plus you gotta love the MGs....just my view :)

HelluvaEngineer
October 30, 2002, 15:24
I would be interested in organizing some DOD games for FAL'ers on pub servers, but I think the server will remain CS.

guntoting_spartan
October 30, 2002, 17:08
wow nice server, seemed fast, oh by the way my name is fillmore-slim[PIMP] from DOD, so i was surprised to see that the server was called clan pimp, i guess i must be an honorary member, dont play CS much at all but ill bang a few rounds off with fellow falfiles members

Potsqually
October 31, 2002, 15:31
Who was in the server night of the 30th that went by FALgirl? Just a tip, FY_iceworld is a much better map with headphones.

xcpd69
October 31, 2002, 15:42
Originally posted by Potsqually
Who was in the server night of the 30th that went by FALgirl? Just a tip, FY_iceworld is a much better map with headphones.

I believe that would be GODERATOR.....

She was playing that night........

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=105&dateline=1021365201

Odd Gibbs Shooter
October 31, 2002, 16:21
So is anyone up to play Friday evening?

HelluvaEngineer
October 31, 2002, 16:52
I can play friday from about 7-9PM

On a side note, if you guys start playing there on a regular basis, we really need some more clan mates and qualified admins (anyone interested?). I hate the thought of the server getting busy and you guys having to tolerate walk-on cheaters. I can't be on there every night.

guntoting_spartan
October 31, 2002, 18:31
yeah i was there weds night, i shot jen up a buncha times :), anteres was there too

Potsqually
October 31, 2002, 23:19
Originally posted by HelluvaEngineer
I can play friday from about 7-9PM

On a side note, if you guys start playing there on a regular basis, we really need some more clan mates and qualified admins (anyone interested?). I hate the thought of the server getting busy and you guys having to tolerate walk-on cheaters. I can't be on there every night.


I admin mine own server (bamFa's match server "all these goats are retarded") and also D-F-M's server "House of Slain". I will frequent your server and would be glad to admin but can't commit to another clan.

Antares
October 31, 2002, 23:22
im bored ... gonna head off there now if anyone wants to join ... if im not there check rh2.rocks-hideout.com

Antares
November 01, 2002, 00:06
i'll volunteer for admin duties ... had a good game goin with jen the past few nights ... was playin so long I was gettin VR sickness and had to leave....

HelluvaEngineer
November 01, 2002, 08:49
I'm taking the issue up with the clan members to see what they say. We need the admins, and you both know what you're doing, so let me see what I can swing.

Potsqually
November 01, 2002, 11:58
You guys have an mirc channel? If not you really need one. Look for 6.03 version of Mirc so you can use hlit. You can go directly into the server from irc rather than having to load from within CS. Plus it gives us all a place to find each other instead of just hanging in the server waiting for others to show.

6.03 mirc can be had here http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html

hlit can be had here http://hlit.laggyservers.com/

Post your chanel when you get it.

Ours is #bamfa

HelluvaEngineer
November 01, 2002, 13:08
We have been using instant messengers and "All Seeing Eye" to coordinate games thus far. I will look into the mirc option, although every irc client I have seen to date is not user friendly.

Ratlord
November 01, 2002, 17:19
I'll be there.

HelluvaEngineer
November 01, 2002, 18:18
I'm on now, if anyone is interested. I'm [pimp] Front_Sight, if ya didn't know already

EDIT: actually, I'm gonna work on the IRC thing. Back on at 7

duncan
November 01, 2002, 18:40
Since I am the west coast and get home around 6 PM, it would be 6:30 before I could even start to look for anyone. But I will.

Blackhawkdown is a good map.

Wadman
November 01, 2002, 19:01
Originally posted by Antares
... was playin so long I was gettin VR sickness and had to leave....


VR sickness?

Potsqually
November 02, 2002, 00:06
Originally posted by Wadman



VR sickness?

Virtualreality sickness. In certain games, especially any Id software games like Doom or Quake for me, you can almost get seasick if played for too long. Doesn't affect everyone.

Antares
November 02, 2002, 00:38
yep ... very rough on me indeed ... theres certain maps that make me go crazy ... like seige and prodigy

When I first got the 1st Doom I was on a day long playing spree that took me 2 days to recover from :(