PDA

View Full Version : The Old AK-47.Net Site Is Back!

recon-1
August 16, 2002, 18:34
With all the info too!
www.ak-47.net

:bow:

IanCognito
August 16, 2002, 20:26
the OLD ak-47.net site is NOT back.
There is a new piss ant site working off the old link. That site has long lost its most interesting and deranged characters and along with it most of its knowledge. I think they are now working on their final purge.

This site talks more about AK's than that site, over there its more, "im drunk", "what should I do about my girl friend", "whats your favorite position/poll".

That site is basically now run by a bunch of sponser suck ups who think and act more like Benito Mussolini but with out the brains. Its a shame to see a site that had SO MUCH usefull information turn into nothing more than a lonely goobers pen pal club.

:sad:

*Templar*
August 16, 2002, 23:13
Couldn't agree with you more IanCog. It's a shame too.

Antares
August 17, 2002, 00:28
The cause of the problem: assweb

when assweb made their purge all the refugees landed on ak-47

*Templar*
August 17, 2002, 01:08
I would have to disagree Antares. While the Asswebbers hurt the site, the immature fascism of Bowhunt hurts it more.

If you have a bad experience with a site sponsor or a moderator, you are not allowed to post your experience and you will most likely be banned if you do.

panchop
August 17, 2002, 03:16
maybe , but it looks like you can get a decent price on an Arsenel AK with the OLD FEG reciever. on of the best AKsd i ever owned. i think i will look into it.

Paul.S
August 17, 2002, 07:42
Anyone have a link to "the site that shall not be named" that gets refered to over there, but never named or linked? Thanks, -Paul

Paul.S
August 17, 2002, 07:44
Originally posted by *Templar*
Couldn't agree with you more IanCog. It's a shame too.

Templar, Where do you hang out these days for AK discussions? When my AK builds get a little further along, Id like to take you up on the open offer for consultation you made a while back if the offer still stands. Thanks, -Paul

Hexagram13
August 17, 2002, 07:58
Paul,
you are probably talking about www.ar15.com Board owners got into a pissing match some time ago, and aknet put the URL in their swear filter along with Campybob and a few other things.

Ian,
Are you the original owner of the board? I remember it was supposed to be a college kid named Ian, but he never posted.

Member since Jan 2000.
tony

TREADMARKS
August 17, 2002, 08:15
I would have to disagree Antares. While the Asswebbers hurt the site, the immature fascism of Bowhunt hurts it more.

If you have a bad experience with a site sponsor or a moderator, you are not allowed to post your experience and you will most likely be banned if you do.

HAAAAAAAA

I couldn't agree with you more.

I was banned, as was KrinkFreak by bowhunt last week!

I'm glad it's over.

At least I got to meet an excellent krink builder at the Creek.

IanCognito
August 17, 2002, 10:21
Originally posted by Hexagram13
Paul,

Ian,
Are you the original owner of the board? I remember it was supposed to be a college kid named Ian, but he never posted.

Member since Jan 2000.
tony

No, I never owned the board or even moderated it. That kid sold the link on e-bay for $5000.

I think the kid did post on the site, under a pseudonym, but only to egg on the locals.

But no doubt, the place is a crap hole now. It will be interesting to see if they end up legally responsible, when one of their "sponsors / moderators" goes under and burns a lot of people. People who could have been warned if that site had not
had not erased those posts and/or banned those people.

I believe they are going to turn into the Arthur Anderson of the ENRON accounting scandal.

Antares
August 17, 2002, 11:01
(Your Evil Mod at work) :skull:

I just wanna make it to 1000 posts over there before I get banned :p

stg58-fan
August 17, 2002, 17:14
Krinkfreak here. I can speak from experience about getting the boot from AK-47 Net.

Number 1, I asked to be banned if it was proven and the consensus of board members felt I was taking "personal" jabs at one of the sponsored AK builders on AK-47 Net.

In my opinion, I never crossed the line and it was the sole action of the admin over there who wanted me gone. Unfortunatly, a few innocent bystanders got the boot also. Totally unjustified and downright wrong.

I think it's come to a major coverup because when at least three people got banned in one night, the threads (two of them) were deleted in their entirety. I was lucky enough to print out both of them so I have something to show what actually happened.

Anyway. I think most of the people in this thread know what's going on over at AK-47 Net. It's a business plain and simple. If you don't pay, you don't get to play.

Stg58-Fan

(aka Krinkfreak)

*Templar*
August 17, 2002, 20:50
Paul, I generally hang out at http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=4&f=64 and http://www.k-varcorp.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi, also www.servicerifles.com .

I'd certainly be glad to help you out in any way I can.

My email is demolay@mindspring.com or jacobite_rebel@hotmail.com

Hope that helps.

August 18, 2002, 00:49

Exactly...I was a moderator on the RKBA/Legal forum over there as well as on one of the C+R forums....I was demodded for saying "this is getting ridiculous"(exact quote) on a MODERATOR forum to another moderater!!! This was in reference to the PCness,you couldn't disagree with another moderator and you couldn't post a report on the trash you got from a vendor and/or on the quality/delay of his work.
I think however Bowhunt is merely following orders from the owner who rumour has it doesn't even own a gun!
.F the Aknet....There are plenty of good people over there but the PC BS went too far.

Oh and to top it off,I didn't get one reply to my emails to the "brass" or even a thank you for the work I did over there helping people be aware of the laws and other things...
STG58-Fan hit it right on the head,it's all about money over there;has nothing to do with the guns.