PDA

View Full Version : A$$holes on the highway

KoKodog
July 26, 2017, 22:01
A$$holes on the highway that do not secure everything they just throw in the back ....... if I could have twin .50's mounted pointing forward I would always be out of ammo

I was boxed in @ 65 mph with nowhere to go but just run over their junk, a costly problem ...... split my cast aluminum oil pan open & took out the pickup tube

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20375635_1095825737215908_2585907739486723247_n.jp g?oh=cddbb8a73bc5e009dcbad8831f727cc1&oe=5A35C983

July 26, 2017, 22:55
do u have skid plates?

Right Side Up
July 26, 2017, 22:57
Sorry to see it. People just don't think about what airflow does to stuff in the bed of a truck. I ran over a ladder a few years ago on the highway. Like you, I was boxed in. Took out a 1000 dollar front bumper.

RG Coburn
July 26, 2017, 23:26
Was behind an old farmer today,he was hauling a load of dirt and rock,with no tailgate or cover... got lucky,avoided the spill of debris.

Bawana jim
July 27, 2017, 06:25
I never tail gate and always watch 15 seconds ahead, have an out.

TenTea
July 27, 2017, 07:15
A$$holes on the highway that do not secure everything they just throw in the back ....... if I could have twin .50's mounted pointing forward I would always be out of ammo

One of my friends always lobbies for a .22LR to the kneecap for left lane bandits so your idea of mounted .50's for debris infractions is sound, I suspect.

Want consideration? Don't live amongst modern man...

Bug Tussell
July 27, 2017, 08:09
Blasting through Dallas during rush hour a few years ago I was able to dodge a wheel barrow in the middle lane. The traffic flow around that thing was like Moses parting the sea.

TenTea
July 27, 2017, 08:36
Blasting through Dallas during rush hour a few years ago I was able to dodge a wheel barrow in the middle lane. The traffic flow around that thing was like Moses parting the sea.

Cripes, just this morning, on the roads, there was:
hunks-o-firewood
dimension lumber
tree limbs
big tire snakes
multiple unidentified metal objects, LG & SM
pavement chunks
wheel cover / hubcap
roadkill

:eek:

gew98
July 27, 2017, 08:57
A year ago one o fmy helpers tossed a bucket of jet line in the back of the company truck and failed to secure it. There was about 5K foot of string in that bucket. Alot spooled out and eventually the bucket got light enough and out it went going up I65. I cursed him out on that as it was obvious what happened until I saw the bucket in the mirror unass the truck. In short order a mini van ran over the bucket and minutes later a volvo drove by with most of the string wrapped up under it. Was almost funny if it had'nt nearly gave me a heart attack.

KoKodog
July 27, 2017, 09:30
do u have skid plates?

no, there is not much clearance under a diesel Jetta to begin with

no tailgating involved on my part, just nowhere to go

One of my friends always lobbies for a .22LR to the kneecap for left lane bandits so your idea of mounted .50's for debris infractions is sound, I suspect.

Want consideration? Don't live amongst modern man...

the .50’s would be for everything in general, you know .. all the stupid shit you see;

left lane idiots - stay in left lane only, or takes them 20 miles to pass because the do not want to speed in the left lane

zig-zag’er - right lane to left lane to right lane to shoulder to left lane to ………….

18 wheelers that stay even w/ each other in 10 mph traffic & theres at least a half mile of open road to the exit you need to take and another half mile of open road past your exit

normally I do not go south of the mountain to the heavy concentration of idiots in and around the city (the influx to my AO of idiots over the last 20 years has been frightening from a common sense standpoint) but …….
I needed to use my bonus points that I accrued at the food store and the only diesel pump for 60 miles was down among the idiots, so to get 25 gallons of free diesel off I went (and to meet a guy that wanted a camera on my craigslist sale) and I still need to use up enough points before July 31 for another free 25 gallons of diesel or I loose those points .... can't let money on the table & walk away ....

I like living up here on top of the ridge, little traffic, few people, quiet most of the time, see deer, bear, turkey, & rabbits in the yard, even saw a owl perch on the phone line last evening trying to eyeball a rabbit for a meal

although the bear do sometimes become a pain in the ass dumping garbage cans looking for a free meal

chet
July 27, 2017, 09:47
I saw a few Little Giant type ladders (as in more than 2 I think) garbled into a pretzel on the shoulder the other day. I bet they accounted for more than one radiator before that. Wonder if the owner noticed.

More embarassing than that - I worked an outbuilding fire once and as we were packing up the homeowner brought out one of OUR roof ladders to inspect damage. Had our station and department marks proudly displayed on the verticals with the last inspection sticker. He said he picked it up off the road a couple years prior. "Didnt know who to return it to." :facepalm: Wasnt overly excited about us taking it from him right then either.

xtremerange
July 27, 2017, 11:28
Once I saw a boat being trailered on a state highway. Not sure whether the outboard motor was ever secured but when I was behind it, the motor was bouncing up and down with every bump.

Thought "that is not safe" No sooner had I gotten over to the left lane than the prop came off and flew backwards. I don't think it hit anyone behind him since I had left a gap.

Didn't feel like flagging him down.

ncjeeper
July 27, 2017, 13:00

The Smith driving system. :biggrin:

TenTea
July 27, 2017, 13:03
Once I saw a boat being trailered on a state highway. Not sure whether the outboard motor was ever secured but when I was behind it, the motor was bouncing up and down with every bump.

Thought "that is not safe" No sooner had I gotten over to the left lane than the prop came off and flew backwards. I don't think it hit anyone behind him since I had left a gap.

Didn't feel like flagging him down.

Whilst on family vacation cruising Interstate in MI, we saw a cargo trailer come loose of its hitch and safety chains (if any)...
The trailer moved right, onto the shoulder, and actually passed its tow vehicle which had slowed down after disengagement.
The trailer eventually hit the ditch, while still in front of its owner and exploded into a million pieces.
That was a trip! :eek:

Invictus77
July 27, 2017, 13:19
I once lost a dirt bike off of a bumper rack on the back of a 24' camper trailer :facepalm:

Thankfully it did not hit or hurt anyone, but the guy who flagged me down said it got "real interesting" for the car behind me.

The dirt bike obviously got some pretty serious road-rash.

KoKodog
July 27, 2017, 13:33
there is a good chance this will be my next purchase ......

……. and I’m hoping & praying I did not smoke the turbo or engine w/ oil starvation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q1FZJnIojzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FALonious
July 27, 2017, 13:48
no, there is not much clearance under a diesel Jetta to begin with

no tailgating involved on my part, just nowhere to go

the .50’s would be for everything in general, you know .. all the stupid shit you see;

left lane idiots - stay in left lane only, or takes them 20 miles to pass because the do not want to speed in the left lane

zig-zag’er - right lane to left lane to right lane to shoulder to left lane to ………….

18 wheelers that stay even w/ each other in 10 mph traffic & theres at least a half mile of open road to the exit you need to take and another half mile of open road past your exit

Please add speeders to the list.....tops on mine.:mad:

Edit...would like to add that the TDI's are a fav of mine and very sorry to hear of what happened to yours.

Riversidesports
July 27, 2017, 13:49
My favorite was back in the 90s tooling down Interstate 2 here in MN post bar close. Nice full moon that night.
Gal spies pallets scattered in the meridian ditch between the east and west lanes.
Checked it out, two brand new Ford 5 Liter V8s !
Yeah got a buddy out there with a tow truck, he got one and I had the other.
must have slid off a flat bed.

Have maybe 8 large coolers, at least 5 were roadside pickups. Idiots stick them in open boats they are towing and they blow out !

Knew one guy driving 59' one night, there was a trail of furniture and boxes scattered down the highway he dodged. After a few miles of this he starts seeing rifle cases !
Between him and the wife they picked up 14 rifles that evening and a few pistols all in hardcases.
Turned them in at the Sheriffs office, after a few months with no reports and a clean NCIC search the Sheriff called him up, told him finders keepers !

One buddy was a UPS dude, he was always on the lookout
Shows up at my place with a battered large crate from Garmin he found on I94. Bunch was smashed but there were still like six intact Garmin GPS units, this was back when GPS was crazy money. He gave me three for selling the other three.

Shit happens folks
Back in the 80s when I was moving to a new town I had a just cherry Winchester M1A1 carbine in the para holster slide out of my buddies pickup after the topper door opened up and was flapping in the breeze while we were making the trip, about 120 miles. Lost other crap too, half my stereo system, clothes, etc.

Yeah I get it sucks to dodge this shit but I have made large $$$$ paying attention.

Flip side we had some seriously shitbag kidz up here years ago
one trick they were into was sticking a concrete block in a large brown paper Grocery bag and sticking it out on the Highway
bunch of poor bastards and gals totaled out deadoning a block at 60mph
Dirty shits even took to rattle canning blocks dead Black
Straight up attempted premeditated murder in my book.

Another really dirty deal was some folks that were spraying light steel cable White then stretching it like 6" high across snowmobile trails, securing to trees so it caught the skis.
Yeah some nasty bastards did these things on public lands just to mess others up badly :facepalm:

ALL FAL
July 27, 2017, 14:31
Seen a few take No abuse and cost the owners Big$ I Like a steel pan, good luck KoKo..

Story
July 27, 2017, 14:34
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7X7fqMkGbqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KoKodog
July 27, 2017, 15:02
Please add speeders to the list.....tops on mine.:mad:

Edit...would like to add that the TDI's are a fav of mine and very sorry to hear of what happened to yours.

as long as there is open highway I have no issue w/ speeders or even running w/ traffic at 85 mph but,

about 12 years ago my neighbor was 3 cars back from me coming out the valley road & the guy right behind me was riding my ass at the speed limit @ 45 mph and it had just rained so it was still wet (@ 55 mph most vehicles float too much on this road dry due to it being not too smooth) he pulls up to talk w/ me at my driveway here on our private lane & sez, "man that guy was riding your ass", told him "don't care, I can drive 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105 and I guarantee you some asshole will try to ride my ass on that valley road

yes, VW TDI's are damn good cars, just change oil & filters & run proper oil and they run

(and try not to hit junk on the road, for longer life of the car)

KoKodog
July 27, 2017, 15:05
Seen a few take No abuse and cost the owners Big$ I Like a steel pan, good luck KoKo..

there is a steel pan available for this 2000 VW TDI Jetta but it is at least double the price of a standard aluminum replacement, it would not have fared much better by the looks of this one, the armor plate looks like my best move

Bawana jim
July 27, 2017, 15:07
The Smith driving system. :biggrin:

Yep :bow:

oleblu72
July 27, 2017, 15:07
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7X7fqMkGbqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good F...in grief Story I hope yer not up there flying when you listen to this stuff. Kind of think that the Demoncraps must be listening to this stuff its enough to make you sterile.

Mark

KoKodog
July 27, 2017, 15:16
My favorite was back in the 90s tooling down Interstate 2 here in MN post bar close. Nice full moon that night.
Gal spies pallets scattered in the meridian ditch between the east and west lanes.
Checked it out, two brand new Ford 5 Liter V8s !
Yeah got a buddy out there with a tow truck, he got one and I had the other.
must have slid off a flat bed.

Have maybe 8 large coolers, at least 5 were roadside pickups. Idiots stick them in open boats they are towing and they blow out !

Knew one guy driving 59' one night, there was a trail of furniture and boxes scattered down the highway he dodged. After a few miles of this he starts seeing rifle cases !
Between him and the wife they picked up 14 rifles that evening and a few pistols all in hardcases.
Turned them in at the Sheriffs office, after a few months with no reports and a clean NCIC search the Sheriff called him up, told him finders keepers !

One buddy was a UPS dude, he was always on the lookout
Shows up at my place with a battered large crate from Garmin he found on I94. Bunch was smashed but there were still like six intact Garmin GPS units, this was back when GPS was crazy money. He gave me three for selling the other three.

Shit happens folks
Back in the 80s when I was moving to a new town I had a just cherry Winchester M1A1 carbine in the para holster slide out of my buddies pickup after the topper door opened up and was flapping in the breeze while we were making the trip, about 120 miles. Lost other crap too, half my stereo system, clothes, etc.

Yeah I get it sucks to dodge this shit but I have made large $$$$ paying attention.

Flip side we had some seriously shitbag kidz up here years ago
one trick they were into was sticking a concrete block in a large brown paper Grocery bag and sticking it out on the Highway
bunch of poor bastards and gals totaled out deadoning a block at 60mph
Dirty shits even took to rattle canning blocks dead Black
Straight up attempted premeditated murder in my book.

Another really dirty deal was some folks that were spraying light steel cable White then stretching it like 6" high across snowmobile trails, securing to trees so it caught the skis.
Yeah some nasty bastards did these things on public lands just to mess others up badly :facepalm:

yup, back when I drove my pickup & got around much better I snagged lots of good stuff on & off the road, nothing as good as a new engine or guns

know a guy that thought it was fun to roll snowballs up big the size for snowmen, water them & let freeze 24 hours then roll them out on the road the next night for anyone to hit, it was a back road but enough traffic to be a problem, went past his place one night w/ a buddy, spotted it, stopped in the middle of the road, buddy rolled it to the side & I emptied the 12 gauge of 00 buck into it to bust it up & make a point, that was the last time I saw one from him on the road (heard a few weeks later he had been waiting to snowball anyone stopping, but ran like hell when I opened up on it)

W.E.G.
July 27, 2017, 18:10
Not a 100% solution by a long shot, but WAZE has warned me of many objects in the highway in time for me to cut the following distance between me and the cars ahead, just in time to see them clobber some hunk of debris in the road while I drove around it.

WAZE is at its best on heavily-travelled roads during daylight hours.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WoC2qZkXGng?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

easttex
July 27, 2017, 18:48
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/07/c5/1a/07c51a918c8a2db75a9df5036ad90502--vintage-funny-quotes-funny-quotes-and-sayings.jpg

:shades:

Impala_Guy
July 27, 2017, 18:50
About 5 years ago some mfer left a brand new gardening rake with the tag still on it in the middle of US 1 during a rainstorm. How stupid do you have to be for that to fall out of your truck bed? A dozen cast iron tines that took out both low mileage tires on my drivers side with multiple holes and whipped up and put a dent in my drivers side door after the front tire hit. I would have gladly sacrificed all $500 worth of tires just to meet the dickhead who left that there.

55bird
July 27, 2017, 21:35
Dodging a shovel off a roofing truck on a bridge at 70mph riding a bike is Good Luck!

Story
July 27, 2017, 22:35
Good F...in grief Story I hope yer not up there flying when you listen to this stuff. Kind of think that the Demoncraps must be listening to this stuff its enough to make you sterile.

Mark

Stoney's the flyer. I stay on the ground.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Oivne3ir8TzcA/giphy.gif

SWOHFAL
July 28, 2017, 18:25

I was boxed in @ 65 mph with nowhere to go but just run over their junk, a costly problem ...... split my cast aluminum oil pan open & took out the pickup tube

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20375635_1095825737215908_2585907739486723247_n.jp g?oh=cddbb8a73bc5e009dcbad8831f727cc1&oe=5A35C983

Get it shut down before the crank lost lubrication?

KoKodog
July 29, 2017, 02:54
Get it shut down before the crank lost lubrication?

hope so ........

my buddy got here late AM & we got the pit cleared & coasted the Jetta down into the garage over the pit

got the damaged pan off shortly after UPS delivered parts (one super bastard bolt damn near could not get out)

dam ugly looking gash

oil was still dripping so that was a good sign

pulled pickup tube & windage tray, cleaned w/ carb cleaner and re-installed, schmutzed up new pan & gasket w/ sealer & got it bolted up, new oil filter cartridge & 5 quarts of Rotella T6 dumped in, started it & run for 5 minutes over the pit, seems ok so far

buddy is coming back w/ his small fluxcore mig to weld a broken exhaust bracket & then I will take it for a test drive

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20525276_1097305467067935_4359363919974873623_n.jp g?oh=3f1c3df3550a7212956255a94bb47ddc&oe=59FC7CD0

camera angle is a bit weird, but the pans are the same

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20431244_1097305463734602_6950283625629437403_n.jp g?oh=640089c97c75b1fe5c3c985b344ed6e2&oe=5A06E10C

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20479547_1097305457067936_1142031812205500830_n.jp g?oh=54a65ba4b83556545f04770e5d4836e8&oe=5A35CDBD

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20294247_1097305530401262_3482254581267547661_n.jp g?oh=0d26d5b2644f4d4ecfbead2b1734f9dc&oe=59FF1F27

SWOHFAL
July 29, 2017, 03:26
Stoney's the flyer. I stay on the ground.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Oivne3ir8TzcA/giphy.gif

You may have been high as a kite at one point listening to that.... :wink:

SWOHFAL
July 29, 2017, 03:28
hope so ........

my buddy got here late AM & we got the pit cleared & coasted the Jetta down into the garage over the pit

got the damaged pan off shortly after UPS delivered parts (one super bastard bolt damn near could not get out)

dam ugly looking gash

oil was still dripping so that was a good sign

pulled pickup tube & windage tray, cleaned w/ carb cleaner and re-installed, schmutzed up new pan & gasket w/ sealer & got it bolted up, new oil filter cartridge & 5 quarts of Rotella T6 dumped in, started it & run for 5 minutes over the pit, seems ok so far

buddy is coming back w/ his small fluxcore mig to weld a broken exhaust bracket & then I will take it for a test drive

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20525276_1097305467067935_4359363919974873623_n.jp g?oh=3f1c3df3550a7212956255a94bb47ddc&oe=59FC7CD0

camera angle is a bit weird, but the pans are the same

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20431244_1097305463734602_6950283625629437403_n.jp g?oh=640089c97c75b1fe5c3c985b344ed6e2&oe=5A06E10C

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20479547_1097305457067936_1142031812205500830_n.jp g?oh=54a65ba4b83556545f04770e5d4836e8&oe=5A35CDBD

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20294247_1097305530401262_3482254581267547661_n.jp g?oh=0d26d5b2644f4d4ecfbead2b1734f9dc&oe=59FF1F27

I hope so too. I'd let it rev about near max for around five minutes to see if it starts acting hinkey to get a little more peace of mind.

KoKodog
July 31, 2017, 12:02
seems to be running ok for now, have not pushed it hard yet

did about 20 laps on my driveway & the lane to see if it was going to fail and not have to pay for towing

bit the bullet and ordered a armor plate to protect the new pan

can't handle this bs again ...... 'cause too many idiots do not secure loads

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hM65kHqoC0A?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fnogger
July 31, 2017, 12:24
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IU_y9FB0QKk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Story
July 31, 2017, 20:42
You may have been high as a kite at one point listening to that.... :wink:

I just hold my breath until I can smell tomorrow.

Douglas S Graham
August 01, 2017, 08:23
A business associate was killed when a 6 foot piece of pipe was kicked up off the road by a tractor trailer. Came through the windshield and went straight through his head. DRT. He was coming back from vacation at the beach, wifey sitting right next to him. Pisses me off when I see pickup trucks with their tailgates down, full of shiiiite. What do these asshats think is going to happen to the stuff?? :rockets:

SWOHFAL
August 01, 2017, 19:11
A business associate was killed when a 6 foot piece of pipe was kicked up off the road by a tractor trailer. Came through the windshield and went straight through his head. DRT. He was coming back from vacation at the beach, wifey sitting right next to him. Pisses me off when I see pickup trucks with their tailgates down, full of shiiiite. What do these asshats think is going to happen to the stuff?? :rockets:

Had a Porsche throw a heavy piece of steel and dent my roof and break the top of my windshield once.

12v71
August 01, 2017, 19:46
Ive welded the pan on a newer Bug TWICE, idiot owner thought he could drive it around rocky construction sites and wouldn't buy the armor plate.

fnogger
August 01, 2017, 22:21
Had a Porsche throw a heavy piece of steel and dent my roof and break the top of my windshield once.

Heck, I've "shot" people behind me in my old rusty Porsche. Bad rust in exhaust system, get a back fire, and you could sometimes see a hot chunk of metal fly out the ass end.

jollyrogerf14
August 01, 2017, 22:49
Some here hate speeders, I'm curious as to why? I actually like them, they're always getting out of everyone's way, they provide police with a safe revenue stream, and they occasionally roll off the freeway providing me with a reminder not to speed. Why the hate?

Story
August 01, 2017, 23:13
All sorts of litter on the highways of 'murica.

A nude man walking along an interstate in New Jersey was using a sex toy on himself when his public pleasure session was interrupted by police yesterday.
Officers responding to a report of a “naked man walking along the tree line on Route 287” discovered Stephen Kurkowiak, 39, in the altogether near mile marker 64 in Mahwah, a Bergen County township about 30 miles north of New York City.
When Kurkowiak, who lives in upstate New York, was approached by two patrolmen, he stood up and pulled "an object out of his rectum." He then tossed the sex toy over his shoulder, said James Batelli, chief of the Mahwah Police Department.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/jersey/garden-state-pleasure-session-840236

FALonious
August 02, 2017, 10:09
Damn Story....you just can't make that shit up.....
KoKo...as long as you use a decent oil you should be fine. I'm sure you shut it down quickly.

Story
August 02, 2017, 13:19
Damn Story....you just can't make that shit up.....

Ain't this planet great?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gskUJ72aj0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

John Crusher
August 02, 2017, 21:03
I always wanted to mount 2 semi auto shotguns with slugs in the front for azzholes, but, I'm afraid I'd use them !!

cotter
August 02, 2017, 21:13
Never scored anything too good off the freeway (picked up a skid of sod one day) but I will stop and throw shit off the road in stopped traffic... Funny as heck, the idiots behind me, honking and cussing then I'll throw the mattress/dresser/whatever out of the lane and all the sudden they are real nice like.

I was taking aluminum cans in to recycle one day when one of my bags tore open. All I could do in 2 lanes of jammed packed rush hour traffic thru a construction zone was watch my $$$ fly out on the freeway. Was almost to my destination... Damn cheap plastic. Chit happens.

SWOHFAL
August 02, 2017, 21:15
Ain't this planet great?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gskUJ72aj0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the locals and why I always carry in the downtown area.

Story
July 11, 2018, 09:49
I'm floating this one to the top of the bowl again.

:?:whistling:
Police pull over SUV towing boat trailer made with wood pallets and duct tape.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/07/10/police-pull-over-suv-towing-boat-trailer-made-with-wood-pallets-and-duct-tape.html

Tazman1602
July 11, 2018, 11:53
Learned this one during my biking days --- marbles. IF you can get ahead of the morons a few marbles thumb flicked out the window or over the shoulder and they'll get the idea.

What I hate is having the truck on cruise, pass some moron then they pass you because they aren't paying attention. Just infuriates me...

Art

jimmbob
July 11, 2018, 12:20
Learned this one during my biking days --- marbles. IF you can get ahead of the morons a few marbles thumb flicked out the window or over the shoulder and they'll get the idea.

Must be a common old school tactic...

My Dad grew up east coast before going to Europe in WWII. He rode Harleys his whole life and I remember when I was a kid he told me that in the old days he used to carry steelies in his pocket to deal with cars that would mess with him.

He said it worked very well.