PDA

View Full Version : attacked by dog pack

June 27, 2017, 22:59
I was just out walking my dog Bertie, the sheepdog, in town and I was walking up the street along the south side, and seven large black dogs jumped the wall around the house across the Street on the north side and came after my dog and I. The dogs appeared to be a medium height black muscular shorthaired dog or some type of pitbull mix. The dog pack came after us and I kicked The lead dogs to keep them away but they surrounded us and three of them grabbed onto my dog then the remainder came after me. I was wearing shorts and flip-flops so my kicks didn't carry a lot of damage. By this time I knew that shit was serious. The three had my dog by the rear quarters and some of the other dogs I could tell we're trying to get her by the neck or bite me. I pulled my dog close to me to try to keep them away.
The owner, some white trash guy, did nothing to get the dogs away from us. I had my folder pocket knife and stabbed the two dogs hanging onto my dog. I drove the blade all the way to the hilt just behind the shoulder. The owner started screaming after i poked a couple of his dogs. That's when the pack pulled back and I continued up the street. The owner went to his truck and opened the door and I thought he might've been going for a gun. I called the police and spoke to them along with an animal control unit officer and made a written report. They went over to his house and I do not know what happened after that. The animal control officer, a young female, said a report would be available for me in about seven days. The police said there was nothing they could do it was a animal control issue.
I was not bitten but my dog had some slight blood stains on her. She has a very thick fur and I think that is what saved her from serious injury.
Stay frosty.

James
June 27, 2017, 23:08
Glad you got out of that without being hurt. I walk my dog almost everyday 2-3 miles. I carry a 5 foot hardwood cane, 6" knife and a 45. Never had that happen but you never know.

So the police said there is nothing they can do! Really! Well you know what to take with you the next time you go walking.

James

308/223shooter
June 27, 2017, 23:30
Wouldn't happen that way in my AO. Dogs'd be dead and the owner would be facing a judge for having un-restrained dangerous animals. We've had a feral ex-pet problem for years. Cats and dogs run loose and go crazy, begin to prey on other pets and small live stock.

If on your property, it's legal to shoot any feral dog or cat. If you're attacked by someones dog, you've the right to defend you and your dog, by what ever means are at hand.

martin35
June 27, 2017, 23:56
I can't believe there are no live stock laws in your vicinity,,, any owner who fails to control his livestock is in violation of laws in any part of our nation and can be filed on for adjudication and compensation of injuries and property damage,,, most laws are clear and without judicial or law enforcement discretion or ignorance as you described,,, under the law you are entitled to certain expectations,,, six dead dogs are called for and forfeiture of their owners pick up truck to boot as a reparation,,, in my opinion these actions legally done can make your future walks safer,,, I would be hard put to rest until they were done.

Arby
June 28, 2017, 00:08
Glad your dog didn't suffer more injuries, 0302. Domesticated dogs can revert to pack mentality - the jackal syndrome - and can cause significant harm to other animals and to humans. Some years ago there was a child mauled in a neighborhood in which I lived in, by "domesticated" dogs. Don't get me wrong: I love dogs and have had them as pets and as trusted companions for most of my life. But when they get into a pack mode they need to be stopped, and their owners held accountable. Glad you're okay!

gordonm1
June 28, 2017, 01:03
Sounds like the cops saw it as a dog on dog issue since you were not injured.
I think you did fine by stabbing the dogs.

My old dog got mauled by a much larger and younger german sheppard two days ago. This was in a public dog park. I asked on ARFCOM what can you do? One good idea was pepper spray since it's not doing permanent damage.
I can say I wanted to do permanent damage but I don't want to lose my gun rights either.

TenTea
June 28, 2017, 05:47
I was just out walking my dog Bertie, the sheepdog... [/snip] The police said there was nothing they could do it was a animal control issue.

Playing devil's advocate, I wonder what they would have said or done had Bertie been a police canine?

Bubacus
June 28, 2017, 06:04
Once the pack instinct kicks in, those cuddly critters can be deadly. This footage shows what can happen in an extreme case:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=33489d95c25a" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

badzero
June 28, 2017, 06:56
My dad told me once when I was a kid, "that a man always needed to be prepared to work, fight or f**ck at any given time and you sure as hell can't do any of those wearing sandals" Glad you and your dog walked away from it ok. You might look into getting a can of bear mace to take with you on your walks, though. Bigger can for multiple threats and strong enough to make the biggest dog squeal like a little girl.

June 28, 2017, 07:09
the dog owner is more of a concern. he might be looking for payback. so now walking the dog takes on even more risk since i don't know when i will encounter him again. i usually carry a big can of sabre pepper spray but i loaned it out to someone else because they were walking a dog & i told them not to ever walk a dog unarmed because i see a lot of aggressive dogs in town in yards & i have had several encounters with aggressive large dogs.

AZ Dave
June 28, 2017, 07:31
Bear mace with a 15 roung mag!

SPEEDGUNNER
June 28, 2017, 08:07
And my wife asks me "why are you taking a gun" when I take the dog to the park for a walk.

Happy to hear positive outcome, as I was reading your narrative I was fearing the worst - for you and your pup.

Hopefully the authorities act severely.

jollyrogerf14
June 28, 2017, 08:16
Glad you made it! Punk was probably a CI. Dirt bag in our old neighborhood had the cops called on him regularly and they always said there was nothing they could do. He and his friends were well known car thieves. I called them once on his brother and was told that there was nothing they could do. Really? For multiple clear infractions of the law? Cop also told me to be careful because brother just got out of prison where he stabbed a few people. Sounds like you're telling me that next time I just shoot him instead of wasting my time with you, I said. Cop went back over to brother before leaving and brother hasn't been a problem since.

I'm glad you put steel to meat. Makes it a little more realistic for when someone talks to dirt bag owner. Can't shrug it off as nothing.

jhend170
June 28, 2017, 11:27
My carry piece is my "American Express Card..." I never leave home without it. It's only been pulled twice in anger, and both times it was for creatures of the 4-legged variety. Didn't have to pull the trigger in either case.

The one that pissed me off though was my parents were in the process of moving and selling the house I grew up in. The ever-satisfactory USPS couldn't get the forwarding done right so I had to go by the house on occasion to pick up the mail. I'm unlocking the box and suddenly hear growling behind me, and close. I spin, pull my pistol in one motion to see a pit mix of some sort, dog starts barking like crazy like I was on its property. Problem was "its" property was the neighbor across the street, actively ignoring the hell his dog is raising with me. When I yell "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU" that somehow magically got his attention. Dog had a rep as being a nuisance, I should have put it down since I had every right to do so.

Illurian00
June 28, 2017, 11:42
My dad told me once when I was a kid, "that a man always needed to be prepared to work, fight or f**ck at any given time and you sure as hell can't do any of those wearing sandals" Glad you and your dog walked away from it ok. You might look into getting a can of bear mace to take with you on your walks, though. Bigger can for multiple threats and strong enough to make the biggest dog squeal like a little girl.

I thought to make a comment about shorts & flip flops,,,but I'll refrain...:|

xtremerange
June 28, 2017, 11:50
My dad told me once when I was a kid, "that a man always needed to be prepared to work, fight or f**ck at any given time and you sure as hell can't do any of those wearing sandals"

If you cannot f**ck in sandals, you are doing it wrong.:biggrin:

Bawana jim
June 28, 2017, 11:54
I walk the dog every day armed with a heavy walking stick, Gerber auto knife for one handed use and a Beretta 25 auto with two mags. If the stick don't stop them I will use the knife and if that doesn't work the gun will. I see my dog as family but the cops see dogs as property so defending my property is good enough.:mad:

lew
June 28, 2017, 12:20
I walk the dog every day armed with a heavy walking stick, Gerber auto knife for one handed use and a Beretta 25 auto with two mags. If the stick don't stop them I will use the knife and if that doesn't work the gun will. I see my dog as family but the cops see dogs as property so defending my property is good enough.:mad:

If you shoot a dog with a .25 and it finds out, oh holeeeee shit, you better be a long ways away.

:p

Bawana jim
June 28, 2017, 13:03
If you shoot a dog with a .25 and it finds out, oh holeeeee shit, you better be a long ways away.

:p

It allows the dog to go home where the owner can make the decision to save it or let it die. A big vet bill will keep the dog from attacking me or my dog again. Same if a human attacks me, they will suffer alot from 8 rounds from the nuts to the chest but won't die quick. Not really into killing, just defending myself. Yes I know the most common thought is shoot them till they stop with as big a gun as you can carry but old age is setting in now.:)

John A
June 28, 2017, 13:36
Glad you protected yourself, and your dog.

Riversidesports
June 28, 2017, 14:01
It allows the dog to go home where the owner can make the decision to save it or let it die. A big vet bill will keep the dog from attacking me or my dog again. Same if a human attacks me, they will suffer alot from 8 rounds from the nuts to the chest but won't die quick. Not really into killing, just defending myself. Yes I know the most common thought is shoot them till they stop with as big a gun as you can carry but old age is setting in now.:)

Dunno' I am still into eliminating future threats Jim
the animal you save could be mauling a little gurl down the road. Eliminate it from the food chain is my thought.

xtremerange
June 28, 2017, 14:14
Lock up the dogs and put down the owner.

Bawana jim
June 28, 2017, 14:56
Dunno' I am still into eliminating future threats Jim
the animal you save could be mauling a little gurl down the road. Eliminate it from the food chain is my thought.

I used to think like that until I got old. One neighbor has a poodle and another has a German Shepard. Both walking their dogs in the park when the Shepard got loose and nearly killed the poodle. It cost the Shepard owner $1000 vet bill to fix the poodle and the Shepard is a problem dog for the entire neighborhood. I told him since he lives right behind me that I won't kill his dog if it chews through the fence again to bite my dog but he won't like the vet bill.

If I had young kids around my I would put it down but dog on dog Sam would win.

Retired Bum
June 28, 2017, 15:15
Seven big mean dogs....

A Glock 20 loaded with 15 rounds of Winchester 175 grain SilverTip JHP and one spare magazine sounds about right to me.

I like dogs in general but I won't hesitate to put one down if it attacks me. Neighbor's pet? Too bad for the pooch.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

KoKodog
June 28, 2017, 17:27
easy decision for me, and I do love dogs but .....

185 gr JHP +P from the 1911 for each dog to start, reapply as necessary, reload and two in the chest for the owner of the dog pack to ensure it does not happen again to anyone else

it could have been prevented, he should have had proper control over the dogs, he was responsible for the actions of the dogs, it was learned behavior, obviously he taught them to fight (maybe prepping for the fight pit)

one less dirtbag and the trained dogs are no longer a threat

most dogs if properly raised by responsible adults do not exhibit the pack attack mode

gew98
June 28, 2017, 19:14
Have a neighbor that a couple years ago she let her dogs multiply and go ferrel. She was mad at me for a spell as I shot 5 out of 7 in when they showed up on my turf several times . Her husband wound up shooting the 6th and her sister dumped the 7th miles down the road later on. Now she has a pack of small yapping dogs in an all too small cage and in her house. How long this lasts...oh boy dunno.

juanni
June 28, 2017, 19:29
Sounds like you live in an area filled with low class trash, and the PoPo ain't going to do much about it.

I would either move, find a nicer area to walk your dog or be prepared to (legal or not) to protect yourself and your pet.
The legal ramifications and possible revenge by the trash would make me lean to the former solutions.

.............juanni

Retired Bum
June 28, 2017, 20:50
I guess Juanni isn't big on "standing your ground" when it comes to nasty neighbors or other intruders.

Why am I not surprised.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

June 28, 2017, 22:27
just some white dude and his dogs, lots of them. my dog seems a bit sore but no apparent damage. i do likes my blade, there were a lot of people out & i would not endanger others with a gunshot. out in the woods or boonies is another story. just remember the story of harvey fish.
just took birtie walking in the desert with my colt python for company. i am going to ask around & find out who the guy is.

ray55classic
June 28, 2017, 23:15
No telling what kind of puddknocker your dealing with or what he might do .
Best scenario he does nothing , worse he may try to poison your dog , or might try to start some shiite with you.
You never know. I'd definitely ask around and find out everything you can about what may be a further threat and act accordingly .
I'd go for a little more defense in depth , and leave the flip flops for the beach.

abbynormal
June 29, 2017, 21:32
Lock up the dogs and put down the owner.

Major LIKE!

juanni
June 29, 2017, 21:43
I guess Juanni isn't big on "standing your ground" when it comes to nasty neighbors or other intruders.

Why am I not surprised.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

No, just I try and avoid trash and dumbshits.

I took my dog to a dog park in Portland several times.
No trash but plenty of dumbshits that think since the park is enclosed, it is a reason to turn your dog loose and yak on your cell phone, do some wifi surfing or even go out to your car and do a bit of rummage around. Pretty much anything but keep an eye one their dog.

After a few visits, including kicking a couple very aggressive dogs in the ribs, and choking out a pit bull I decided it wasn't worth the inevitable conflict that would arise.

When you deal with trash, you have to consider they have nothing to lose.
They have no assets, no property to lose in a lawsuit, no profession that could be in jeopardy, jail means nothing, and generally beating the crap out of them is only a physical improvement.

In short you have little to win and a lot to lose.

^ And that is why the cops don't want to deal with them.

..............juanni

ftierson
June 29, 2017, 22:05
No, just I try and avoid trash and dumbshits.

I took my dog to a dog park in Portland several times.
No trash but plenty of dumbshits that think since the park is enclosed, it is a reason to turn your dog loose and yak on your cell phone, do some wifi surfing or even go out to your car and do a bit of rummage around. Pretty much anything but keep an eye one their dog.

After a few visits, including kicking a couple very aggressive dogs in the ribs, and choking out a pit bull I decided it wasn't worth the inevitable conflict that would arise.

When you deal with trash, you have to consider they have nothing to lose.
They have no assets, no property to lose in a lawsuit, no profession that could be in jeopardy, jail means nothing, and generally beating the crap out of them is only a physical improvement.

In short you have little to win and a lot to lose.

^ And that is why the cops don't want to deal with them.

About sums it up...

I grew up in the central Adirondacks of New York on a 15,000 acre research forest (for wildlife and forestry research). The nearest house to mine was about five miles away, and the small town of Newcomb miles beyond that. In the winter, one of the biggest problems we had was packs of pet dogs chasing down deer (large whitetails) and killing them for sport. They didn't eat them because they were already well fed by their owners...

Invariably, when confronted with their pet's behavior, it would be "not our wittle Fido, he's such a little darling and never aggressive at all."

Yeah, sure, and your little Fido will not be returning home if I see him chasing down deer again...

Pet dogs in packs take on a very different persona than their individual behaviors suggest.

Just sayin'...

And, 0302, I'm glad that things worked out OK for both you and your dog. As others have said, keep an eye out for the asshole 'owning' the dogs...

Forrest

June 29, 2017, 23:49
a guy i know showed me his mastiff puppy today. cost him $800 out the door. he was thrilled as a teenybopper on her first date.
good lookin critter.

my folder blade is about 3" which worked but if ya want insant death something longer like a kabar or gerber mk 2 is needed to hit vitals real good. i gave my mk 2 to a soldier going to afghanistan but time to acquire something longer for dog walks.

ALL FAL
June 30, 2017, 00:21
Glad you didn't get mauled or your dog hurt bad, But, the dogs do smell ya and they don't like what your smell has to say.

I see you might like Dogs, that is Not what you put out here. Hope all is well.

ftierson
June 30, 2017, 01:45
Glad you didn't get mauled or your dog hurt bad, But, the dogs do smell ya and they don't like what your smell has to say.

I see you might like Dogs, that is Not what you put out here. Hope all is well.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here...

If it's you should let dogs maul you if they don't like your smell, well, good luck with that...

Forrest

base704
June 30, 2017, 04:01
Dogs.

They are animals.

Even "wittle Fido".

Don't forget it.

June 30, 2017, 08:24
let's see now. i was walking the family dog, which i do about every evening. the dog is about 10 years old. there have been numerous attacks by other dogs on my dog during the past 10 years and i have fought off all of them. pepper spray, knife, feet, even shot one pit.
i have no fear of dogs but i must manage their aggressive behavior on occassion. i do it for no charge. i am a big hearted guy you could say.

there was a 65 yr old lady killed in montana last week by 2 dogs. in her yard where she was so bold as to do yard work.

01BIRDDOG
June 30, 2017, 17:56
Glad you and you dog made it to safety with hopefully no bad bites. I have a pistol on me every second i am out of the house plus a good knife. Lots of bear and coyotes in my neck of the woods so pistol is one considering this when i leave.

I witnessed a dog fight last Monday between a Boxer and Pit. Dang if the Boxer didn't hand him his lunch before owners arrived. Pit was down for the count so wasn't too hard to get them apart. I don't like dogs running in packs and even less for their owners.

jt59
June 30, 2017, 19:44
We had a problem with roaming pets and strays when we first moved to our new place outside the city. County animal control was no help. I guess people think pets dumped in the country will find a good home. Idiots. Every few weeks another animal would be attacking my chickens. Some were even aggressive to my neighbor. I don't go out without a gun.
I found that 00 buck in 12 gauge is good for dogs and cats out to about 50 yards, for 50 to 100 yards 7.62 x 39 is good. 9mm often requires a second shot which I only use when I do not have a long gun handy. Even 22lr will work if your aim is good.
Over time word spread and now we have fewer animals dumped out this way.

July 14, 2017, 18:53
epilog

i called the animal control officer who handled the case. the dog catcher & popo went to the dogs owner and picked up the wounded dogs, two of them. the big one died in the dog pound truck, bled out. the dog owner threw the other at the dog catcher and the dog bit the officer. that dog was put down at the dog pound. the owner still has the other 4 dogs.
the officer said the owner was "not all there" & he was feared in the neighborhood & no one wanted to provide witness info.

stay frosty & keep your cutlery sharp.

308/223shooter
July 14, 2017, 19:57
epilog

i called the animal control officer who handled the case. the dog catcher & popo went to the dogs owner and picked up the wounded dogs, two of them. the big one died in the dog pound truck, bled out. the dog owner threw the other at the dog catcher and the dog bit the officer. that dog was put down at the dog pound. the owner still has the other 4 dogs.
the officer said the owner was "not all there" & he was feared in the neighborhood & no one wanted to provide witness info.

stay frosty & keep your cutlery sharp.

"Feared" in the neighborhood? Catch him on the street and give him a serious beat down, thus ending the fear. Bullies and assholes can be defeated with cunning or violence. Both work wonders.

SAFN49
July 14, 2017, 20:14
"Feared" in the neighborhood? Catch him on the street and give him a serious beat down, thus ending the fear. Bullies and assholes can be defeated with cunning or violence. Both work wonders.

Antifreeze also works wonders on the dogs.

acolonelofcorn
July 14, 2017, 20:24
cool story, bro :sleep:

308/223shooter
July 14, 2017, 21:22
Antifreeze also works wonders on the dogs.

Not the dogs fault. It's the asshole that raised them to be mean bastards.

Bama Steve
July 14, 2017, 21:36
I had this problem several times where me and my sweet girl dog were walking on public roadways and she (dog) and I were attacked by a neighbors dogs who were lose and packing-up.

One was behind and the other in front while lunging-in towards her and I and biting for no reason whatsoever - This was in a subdivision and in the street.

I pulled a my blade and slashed at them as I yelled loudly to back-off but they kept coming.

The owner finally came out and acted like I was the problem/crazy/idiot and finally called them-off.

After that, I bought a taser baton for me and my wife to carry on walks with the dog.

Since then all we had to do was pull the trigger on the taser wand when a dog would lunge out at us while walking and the arc/electric crackle of the taser was enough to put those aggressive dogs and their owners on notice.

Stops them in their tracks before they even get within 4 feet of you.

Look here --> http://www.womenonguard.com/stun-guns/stun-batons

Technology is a better weapon than pulling a gun or a knife in these situations and will keep you out of trouble.

I understand the desire to drop a MOAB on some people/situations but the solution is to ward-off/stop the problem before it becomes inflamed to violence.

Once your adrenaline kicks-in you are headed for court . . . .

Keep fresh batteries on hand and test the unit at least once a week.

Go live your life like a man in a woman's/socialistic environment.

:D

Black Blade
July 14, 2017, 22:03
People need to control their dogs. Could have been worse if it was a small kid playing in the yard:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bQP9SwafU8Y?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ftierson
July 15, 2017, 00:47
People need to control their dogs. Could have been worse if it was a small kid playing in the yard:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bQP9SwafU8Y?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, guess the dogs didn't like the cats smell, so it's OK...

According to some...

Forrest

Bama Steve
July 15, 2017, 01:01
The woman in that video did the best she could under the circumstances.

Had she had a taser baton she could have made the hair on all involved stand up and stop their aggressiveness without harming any of them.

Failing that, she could have disabled the dogs with a touch of the charged baton.

Cutting dogs/pets-up with a knife or shooting in that environment/concrete would have lead to life altering legal issues.

We are the "RIGHT" for a reason - use it.

Best!

:D

Bama Steve
July 15, 2017, 01:05
Sometimes (always, actually) I think the people on this board are trying to incite anger and violence and bring down the sky upon us all instead of using their heads for a positive outcome on purpose.

Go ahead you dumb-shits.

Prove me wrong.

:rofl:

Later . . .

July 15, 2017, 01:41
popo said self defence.

pepper spray, electric stun gun, sjambok, baton, tomahawk are all alternatives too. just know how to use em.

badzero
July 15, 2017, 06:26

This was totally the dog owners fault, had she not mistreated those 2 when they were puppies and raised them to be mean that never would have happened.

July 15, 2017, 08:15
i know the vast majority of people with potentially dangerous dogs have no idea how to train or discipline their animals. they just feed them. the rest of the world is left to deal with these a$$&@$&s.

badzero
July 15, 2017, 09:18
Most people forget that dog breeds have been bred for a particular purpose and for particular traits so the behavior is instinctual and can't be "trained" out. Blaming the owner for every attack is like blaming the school system for the dindo crimes.

July 15, 2017, 14:52
i have presented a dispassionate summary of my experience, take it as it is. ifn your "feelins" are somehow damaged then maybe you need to examine your inner self and find the "real you". this is a gunboard, not petco. the only person mentioning "violence" is bama for some illogical reason. there is no reason to go there, just relax. 🐻🐻🐻
guns & knives are tools, used in self defense sometimes. hunting sometimes. no one bothered to help me or even provide a witness statement. the animal officer was hostile to me so when she said the owner let the dog bite her i thought too bad, could've been me getting med treatment & bills.
just remember when shit goes down you are own your frickin own.

meltblown
July 15, 2017, 15:12
Most people forget that dog breeds have been bred for a particular purpose and for particular traits so the behavior is instinctual and can't be "trained" out. Blaming the owner for every attack is like blaming the school system for the dindo crimes.

True, most people have no need to own these types of dogs. Especially if they can't control them. That woman in the video should have had a chihuahua. So yes she is to blame for the actions of the dogs.

longhair51
July 15, 2017, 16:09
i have presented a dispassionate summary of my experience, take it as it is. ifn your "feelins" are somehow damaged then maybe you need to examine your inner self and find the "real you". this is a gunboard, not petco. the only person mentioning "violence" is bama for some illogical reason. there is no reason to go there, just relax. 🐻🐻🐻
guns & knives are tools, used in self defense sometimes. hunting sometimes. no one bothered to help me or even provide a witness statement. the animal officer was hostile to me so when she said the owner let the dog bite her i thought too bad, could've been me getting med treatment & bills.
just remember when shit goes down you are own your frickin own.This^.
Always be prepared to defend yourself. I do think that those taser batons are a great idea though.

twodog
July 15, 2017, 16:14
epilog
the dog owner threw the other at the dog catcher and the dog bit the officer.

That is assault and in my town he would have been arrested.

Bama Steve
July 15, 2017, 22:12
just remember when shit goes down you are own your frickin own.

I wasn't directing my comments at you at all.

If you read my initial response again you will see that I was caught up in the same situation as you were and I defended myself and dog with a knife and looked like an idiot in the process.

So I found a better solution.

My negative comments were meant for those suggesting responses such as unloading a firearm in the street on the dogs or poisoning them with anti-freeze - there are some really stupid people on this board who get jacked-up and raise the hackles on everyone else to no good outcome.

I don't want to be associated with that sort of behavior and hope my solution was of some use to others who could realize the value of what I suggested.

I'm glad that you came out of that ugly situation as well as you did.

Now try approaching the same situation differently in the future now that you have had the experience and new ideas given to you.

Be well and my best wishes to you.

Steve.

:)

Now - go empty your PM box of messages - it is full, you retard.

:bigangel:

AZ Dave
July 18, 2017, 18:18
"Most people forget that dog breeds have been bred for a particular purpose and for particular traits so the behavior is instinctual and can't be "trained" out. Blaming the owner for every attack is like blaming the school system for the dindo crimes"

BULLSh1t !! I've owned pitbulls for 40+ years. My dad owned them, my brothers own them and my sons own them. We've never had a "killer". We've trained them to herd cattle, pigs even chickens. I had one I trained as a bird dog and he would break ice to retrieve ducks and geese. My next door neighbor's schnauzer was killed by a ............ black lab! The little turd would attack all dogs but the lab shook the life out of him. Know what happened when he attacked my 38 pound pitbull? Nothing! "Who would want such a dog?".........Me! I love em! If you encourage them to fight, there is NONE better! If you chain em up and only take em out to act like a bad a$$, you may have a big problem but that's an issue with all dogs. People who spew SH1T about pitbulls are like people who spew crap about Ar's FAL's and other "assault" rifles are all the same......just ignorant! Flame on fools!:mad::mad::facepalm::facepalm:

AZ Dave
July 18, 2017, 19:05
0302,..... I'm happy you and your pooch are ok! I hope the mutts you stuck died! They deserve it! My town just passed an ordnance that allows you to shoot a dog if you're being attacked. My wife, and or I, carry a J frame Smith when we walk. Cyl 1 is bird shot but the rest are Glaser safety slugs +P. I'm a dog lover and a people lover too but sometimes the trouble comes to you. I will shoot a dog or person IF...I have to. Just last Sat. I heard a screaming dog and looked down the street where 3 big mutts were mauling a little Chihuahua. I had my steel toe work boots so I waded into the middle of the fray and started kicking / stomping dogs. They hauled A$$ and the little dog was ok!:biggrin: Dogs are like people, you have to judge each on his own actions. I've never been bitten by a Pitbull but I've been bitten by a Lab, a Saint Bernard and a Queensland. Even the bite of a poodle hurts like hell!! Be prepared! Flame on.:biggrin::facepalm:

badzero
July 20, 2017, 14:26
0302,..... I'm happy you and your pooch are ok! I hope the mutts you stuck died! They deserve it! My town just passed an ordnance that allows you to shoot a dog if you're being attacked. My wife, and or I, carry a J frame Smith when we walk. Cyl 1 is bird shot but the rest are Glaser safety slugs +P. I'm a dog lover and a people lover too but sometimes the trouble comes to you. I will shoot a dog or person IF...I have to. Just last Sat. I heard a screaming dog and looked down the street where 3 big mutts were mauling a little Chihuahua. I had my steel toe work boots so I waded into the middle of the fray and started kicking / stomping dogs. They hauled A$$ and the little dog was ok!:biggrin: Dogs are like people, you have to judge each on his own actions. I've never been bitten by a Pitbull but I've been bitten by a Lab, a Saint Bernard and a Queensland. Even the bite of a poodle hurts like hell!! Be prepared! Flame on.:biggrin::facepalm:

Pit bulls?

July 20, 2017, 19:05
2 mutts now reside in da landfill.

one stab each.

my dog has a 4" diameter hole in her fur pelt where bit on left side. just bare skin she licks all the time.

knife is a 3" blade el cheapo folder from big 5.

stay frosty

i a taking er walkin in the forrest tonight

chet
July 21, 2017, 07:56
As far as the video above - if you cant physically restrain your dogs, you dont need to be walking them in public. That gal had loose collars and long leads on two dogs that could easily take her sledding. Dumb, criminally stupid. At best, a single dog in a harness on a short lead would be all she could handle....maybe...considering her lack of physical fitness.

In this county, a domesticated animal loses its right to live when it crosses someone else's property line. Many a suburban dweller from other regions has found out that "letting Fluffy out" may have consequences. 99% of the time, if Fluffy just wants to cruise his trot line and sniff passports, his biggest issue is going to be getting hit by a car. But, if Fluffy packs up and/or goes after other critters, including deer, its going to end badly.

I have yet to find a good reason why I shouldnt mow or work in the yard without a .45.