PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Nagger

TenTea
April 20, 2017, 14:09
So my neighbor, gods love him, is henpecked by his wife in regard to guns and other matters. He is a decent, fair weather friend and neighbor to me and wifey, active gun club member and hard worker.

He mentions his interest in a 1911, chambered in 9mm, a few months ago and also that his wife has thus far forbade him from acquiring one. He has never owned a centerfire pistol and wants to try pin shooting.

I saw an excellent buy on an Armslisted pistol and sent him the link via his family email account, purely for informational purposes mind you, and his wife deleted it when she saw the content.

It somehow came up in conversation with them and she retrieved the email for him to look at with an admonition of *no gun for you!* This is what I was told.

So, I sent him an email the next day with the subject line of *Hoplophobia* hoping his wife would read it and look up the term.
Here is the text of the message:

Hello XXX,
I do not wish to contribute to family discord, so I will cease and desist any informational emails, as they relate to men at arms.
Carry on with all your good works and be well.
XXX

Maybe I'm an asshole? :rofl:

meltblown
April 20, 2017, 14:28
I would cut her off

Invictus77
April 20, 2017, 14:37
If Blondzilla knew that 1911s came in 9mm, she would be the one wanting it :love:

Bawana jim
I would cut her off

How would you know where she is getting it?:rofl:

hardheaded
I feel sorry for your neighbor and feel sorry for you having a neighbor in that situation
beg the missus for permission to buy a handgun , that would be the day

ftierson
April 20, 2017, 14:39
So my neighbor, gods love him, is henpecked by his wife in regard to guns and other matters. He is a decent, fair weather friend and neighbor to me and wifey, active gun club member and hard worker.

He mentions his interest in a 1911, chambered in 9mm, a few months ago and also that his wife has thus far forbade him from acquiring one. He has never owned a centerfire pistol and wants to try pin shooting.

I saw an excellent buy on an Armslisted pistol and sent him the link via his family email account, purely for informational purposes mind you, and his wife deleted it when she saw the content.

It somehow came up in conversation with them and she retrieved the email for him to look at with an admonition of *no gun for you!* This is what I was told.

So, I sent him an email the next day with the subject line of *Hoplophobia* hoping his wife would read it and look up the term.
Here is the text of the message:

Hello XXX,
I do not wish to contribute to family discord, so I will cease and desist any informational emails, as they relate to men at arms.
Carry on with all your good works and be well.
XXX

We do what we can... :)

Forrest

Randall
April 20, 2017, 15:22
I've got a neighbor just like that. He had a 12ga Mossberg turkey gun sitting in his garage, because his wife wouldn't let it in the house. I offered to take it home, clean it, and store it for him so that it wouldn't rust in the garage.

He decided to gift it to me. I said that I couldn't in good conscience take that as a gift, but would be willing to pay him for it. We went down to the local gun shop to do the transfer. I handed him some cash, and caught him looking behind the counter at a new Winchester M70 in 30-06. I told him, "You haven't got a single hair on your whole body if you don't buy that rifle right now." 10 days later, he came home to show his wife his new rifle.

Now, I have a new 30-06 and a new 12 ga. With friends like me....:winner:

Okay...truth is...I just store the 30-06 for him, because his wife still wouldn't let it in the house. But, the rest is true.

bonnie
April 20, 2017, 16:05
Poor fellow.

Thankfully I chose better. Told my wife I was going into town to do some trading at a couple of shops. Said I was looking for a nice USGI M1 carbine.

Her reply was, " You better make sure I have something to shoot. We might end up in a standoff one day and I'll need something I can shoot."

Not bad for an old grandma!

Riversidesports
April 20, 2017, 16:17
Had just ONE female pull that shit on me after she moved in.
wasn't guns

Bitch cleaned out all the swords in my living room
like over a dozen premium ancestrial Japanese Katana, tossed them in my basement.
I didn't even raise my voice but she was gone by noon the next day
Wench just threw them on the wet concrete floor, scarred the Sayas up badly. Cost me thousands. Bitch had to go.

Didn't even tell her, called her sister & explained what the bitch did. Told her to come over and remove her little sis in the morning after I left. She did as told...If I got into it, would have been a totally needless scrap.

Friend of mine had his new wife toss five pistols in the river...no issues with his rifles but her momma raised her that handguns her for killing people.
Everything was family heirlooms, nice stuff. She was like 5 months along, he was damned angry...we polished off most of a half gallon of Whiskey over it.
He never hit her but her mom was banned from their home for most of a decade...I think he woulda donkey punched her. She was the one who drove the daughter to the bridge. Shit two were percussion revolvers !

EPC WN
April 20, 2017, 16:27
Hilarious! Makes me feel sorta guilty... My wife wants a Garand.

meltblown
April 20, 2017, 16:32
I swear my wife can shoot iron sights better than me. ABout the only thing she nags me about once in awhile is smoking. She's a cancer nurse and sees the results.

12v71
April 20, 2017, 16:35
Hilarious! Makes me feel sorta guilty... My wife wants a Garand.

In a few months my other half will have her second Garand (In .308), and she shoots the 30-06 quite well. :facepalm:

machinegunner
April 20, 2017, 16:38
In a few months my other half will have her second Garand (In .308), and she shoots the 30-06 quite well. :facepalm:

Where do y'all find these women? dang they all think I'm crazy for liking guns.

EPC WN
April 20, 2017, 16:41

Mine was delivered directly from South Carolina to my doorstep. She's four and half years younger but raised proper. We are an odd pairing from outside appearances but I'm on the exact same page as my lil Southern belle...

A .308 Garand would save some trouble on stocking up on another caliber. I'll take it! Lol!

Invictus77
April 20, 2017, 16:44

Blondzilla does not like the Garand as "it is too heavy", but she does like to shoot shots 7 & 8 as she likes the "ping". I have been thinking of getting one in 308 for ammo simplicity. Maybe I will tell her those are "lighter" and get her full buy-in :wink:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/mlcasson/Garand%20satire_zpsbfysh10g.jpg

munchoman
April 20, 2017, 16:56

I found one online, first time I spent the night at her place, in the morning I moved my pillow and found her .38. Real nice lady

12v71
April 20, 2017, 17:03

You have to hang out in conservative strip bars. :whistling:
Wear a bit of Hoppes cologne and you're in.

tdb59
April 20, 2017, 17:10

You are nicer than I.

I would purchase and deliver a lawnmower, ironing board and apron to him.

tdb59
April 20, 2017, 17:17
:biggrin:Where do y'all find these women? dang they all think I'm crazy for liking guns.

When I told friends that I was selling all the machine tools, moving a thousand miles and getting married to Whatsername, the collective response was " What is so special about this chick ??!? "

"She drives a full size truck, rides horses, packs heat, and says that she loves me "

The collective response was " Holy shit, I'll take her, if you don't "

T'will be 21 years this July.

The only issue is that she attempts to claim any K frame Smith that enters the premises.

Riversidesports
April 20, 2017, 17:34
Oh hell guys, don't dispair...there are just a ton of pro RKBA gals out there

Part of it is US as MEN
actually that's the main part.

Another buddy had a stone cold little Blonde hottie who utterly worshipped him
She cooked, cleaned, dressed up, etc...
guess what
He just left his lovely wife at home...gal just only desired to be by his side
They had two daughters
it was so bad the kids called me "daddy" as he was rarely around
last three months of that wedded bliss I was covering bills and bring food out. When he abandoned her I moved them in. Nope, wasn't screwing her. I was the Best Man at their wedding, Godfather to both daughters. Way to weird.

Gal loved to hunt and shoot, loved going out to bars, etc
amazingly her husband was messing with just nasty bitches when he already won the damn prize at home. Girl was fine with his screwing around even, as long as he came home.

The key thing is he just took every thing offered for granted

most Gals are wired pro Defense. You tap into that maternal instinct, well she's a Bear you just have to bring it out

meltblown
April 20, 2017, 17:59
WTF is an RKBA? Does it require antibiotics or something.

April 20, 2017, 18:18
dat "guy" is a straight up mangina.

Tuhlmann
April 20, 2017, 18:23
How would you know where she is getting it?:rofl:

That cracked me up! Well played...:bow:

I've never understood why a woman ever even needs to know about the volume and/or value of arms flowing into or out of (yeah right) the house. Everyone who has been married for more than 5 minutes knows that the key to any healthy relationship is secrets. Lots and lots of secrets. I don't know the status of shoes and purses, and she doesn't know the status of all those guns that all look alike either. You guys that have wives that participate in the habit are lucky. Co-dependent and enabled, but lucky.

Lord help me if she ever sells them for what she's been led to believe they are worth.

Bawana jim
April 20, 2017, 18:42
Was married 40 years and bought guns all the time. Showed her guns were just another bank account and she never complained. Even got her own CCW and packed a Glock 26 while traveling and a Smith 36 next to the bed. She loved hunting and fishing, gun shows with me and going to the range for shooting matches. Her dad raised her right.

Invictus77
April 20, 2017, 19:45
T'will be 21 years this July.

T'will be 22 here in May.

We are blessed men brother :cheers:

Riversidesports
April 20, 2017, 19:57
WTF is an RKBA? Does it require antibiotics or something.

serious retardation here

Mark IV
April 20, 2017, 20:06
First three words that would come out of my mouth:

"Lookie here, bitch ..."

tac-40
April 20, 2017, 20:57
If Blondzilla knew that 1911s came in 9mm, she would be the one wanting it

What is her email address? I know where there are a couple of nice ones just waiting for someone to pick them up.:tongue::rofl::love::angel::whistling:

davesrb
April 20, 2017, 21:23
We have fairly new neighbors. They moved in to the property next door. Nice Catholic family with a shit ton of kids. Dad is a Doc, mom a stay at home. They do not own a gun and never have. They make playful jokes about me having fire arms displayed in my home (they do not know anything about the extent of my collecting) When some of their more liberal friends are over, I am the "gun guy" next door.

So about 3 weeks ago there was a man hunt going on about 15 miles from us for a violent domestic abuser who had eluded police. 3 am my phone starts ringing. They hear noises outside, grab all the kid and go into the master bedroom and the wife calls me to "Please come check that all is ok" My wife was astounded, first that they called, and second that he is such a "pussy" (my wifes words) that he not only will not defend his family, but that he would let her call and admit to that, and ask another to come defend his family.

So I asked him the next day if he thought maybe a fire arm might be a good idea. Nope, they don't believe in guns.......

Tuhlmann
April 20, 2017, 21:33
Nope, they don't believe in guns.......

....until the very moment they need one. After that, return to absolute righteous anti-gun piety.

Unfukcingbelievable. :facepalm:

PS-I like your wife!

12v71
April 20, 2017, 21:39
First three words that would come out of my mouth:

"Lookie here, bitch ..."

"There's the door" makes it 6 words. :biggrin:

Thorack
April 20, 2017, 22:04
Yeah,

Met plenty of wives like that in the Army of all places. On the other hand every wife Ive met from Alaska and Missouri has been practical and a great shot.

My wife knew I was firearms enthusiast when she met me. Hasnt changed but now the safe is full.

Thorack

hagar
April 21, 2017, 09:41
I was a firm believer all my life that any woman that was worth dating had to like guns, camping, motorcycles, hunting and fishing, and regard me as a partner and not a meal ticket.

Had to get rid of some really cute ones, but I figured for long term peace of mind it was worth it.

bubbagump
April 21, 2017, 09:50
I was a firm believer all my life that any woman that was worth dating had to like guns, camping, motorcycles, hunting and fishing, and regard me as a partner and not a meal ticket.

Had to get rid of some really cute ones, but I figured for long term peace of mind it was worth it.

Wife used to like to shoot clay pigeons at night a .44 magnum, downloaded with .44 spl rounds. Probably went through thousands of clays doing that. They can get quite good at stuff like this if they put their minds to it. My only comment to her was something to the effect that murder always has been womens work.

tdb59
April 21, 2017, 10:02
Wife used to like to shoot clay pigeons at night a .44 magnum, downloaded with .44 spl rounds. Probably went through thousands of clays doing that. They can get quite good at stuff like this if they put their minds to it. My only comment to her was something to the effect that murder always has been womens work.

Yup.

They use a skullcap for a soap dish, sometimes.

M90A1
April 21, 2017, 11:19
Met my wife when I was shooting High Power rifle matches in Portsmouth, VA. I was a competitor and she was scoring targets. A match made in heaven. :love: Never have had a problem buying guns, as long as I occasionally bought her one too. I will never forget the day we were at the 600 yard line on Range 4 at Quantico, with one of the Marine rifle team coaches calling wind changes for the two of us, her with her M1A and me with mine. Had to be one of the best days of my life. She was deadly with that thing at 600. :eek: (we were not shooting a match, just having fun)

alphadog58
April 21, 2017, 11:38
My missus has always been okay with my hobbies, including firearms. If I can get a new one in the house without her seeing me do it, it becomes another stick in the forest... Oh honey, I've had that one forever...
Larry

Marksman1
April 21, 2017, 11:48
Had just ONE female pull that shit on me after she moved in.
wasn't guns

Bitch cleaned out all the swords in my living room
like over a dozen premium ancestrial Japanese Katana, tossed them in my basement.
I didn't even raise my voice but she was gone by noon the next day
Wench just threw them on the wet concrete floor, scarred the Sayas up badly. Cost me thousands. Bitch had to go.

Didn't even tell her, called her sister & explained what the bitch did. Told her to come over and remove her little sis in the morning after I left. She did as told...If I got into it, would have been a totally needless scrap.

Friend of mine had his new wife toss five pistols in the river...no issues with his rifles but her momma raised her that handguns her for killing people.
Everything was family heirlooms, nice stuff. She was like 5 months along, he was damned angry...we polished off most of a half gallon of Whiskey over it.
He never hit her but her mom was banned from their home for most of a decade...I think he woulda donkey punched her. She was the one who drove the daughter to the bridge. Shit two were percussion revolvers !

Your story had my blood boiling in no time flat.

EPC WN
April 21, 2017, 12:42

Just saw where you live... My wife has a younger sister that lives in Maryville, TN. She's kinda crazy in the overly smart way but doesn't mind the guns... at all!

meltblown
April 21, 2017, 22:21
serious retardation here

Yeah, you're a real prince of logic. Glad they didn't find you in Bangkok with some asphyxiation shit going on. Or maybe hmm.

Some woman tosses your big shit Japanese blades in the cellar. Maybe you are a fool after all. Most any woman wouldn't have a clue as to what you had unless you were trying to show your short dick Jap side to them. Get over yourself.

Texas Jaguar
April 22, 2017, 02:48
Lawyer is discussing divorce with his possible client, a farmer. It went like this;

Lawyer; "About this divorce. Do you have grounds?"
Farmer; "Of course I do, I farm. I have 160 acres".

Lawyer; "What do think of your case?"
Farmer: "Don't have a case, only John Deere for me"'.

Lawyer; "Do you have a grudge"?
Farmer; "Sure I do, its where I park the John Deere".

Lawyer; "let me ask about your wife. Is she a nagger?"
Farmer; "No She's not, but her boyfriend is and he's what this divorce is all about"!

gunseller
April 22, 2017, 08:44
That was a good way to start the day. Good thing my coffee cup was empty. When wife and I had been married for a few months I brought home a rifle. She looked at it and said another gun. I looked at her and said I had guns before I got you. This November will be 40 years. My wife shoots some with me and so does her sister and my brother in law. There is one gun that only my wife gets to shoot. My wife has an idea what many of my firearms are worth and if I die first who to talk to so sell what her and the kids do not want. Probable won't be any left to talk to anyone about.
Steve

TenTea
April 22, 2017, 09:48
Thanks for chiming in, filers.

I walked over to deliver some Northern Tool coupons to my neighbor (he's looking for a spare trailer tire). He and his wife and daughter were there and they mentioned my email and said "we laughed about it"...
Actually, his and their affairs are none of my business but I'll keep working on them any way I can.

As for my wifey, she was raised in a family of gun loving French & Indian War reenactors and has her own guns. She is an excellent shooter when I get her to accompany me on the range. I am insistent she shoot several times per year, to keep in practice.

She is mostly tolerant and supportive of all gun related activities and doesn't complain about *my guns* as she realizes they are a storehouse of value over the long term. She can look at a spreadsheet anytime, which shows the amount invested in the whole shebang and she knows the insurance values of all of it.

Life is good... :)

ratas calientes
April 22, 2017, 13:29
Disagreeing or not enjoying another's hobby is one thing. My wife does not shoot. She says that it hurts her hands too much. But she would never think to destroy another's property. It's not like guns are illegal. Wow.

On the flip side, I currently work with the young men at church, the fourteen and fifteen year olds. We also do monthly activities with the young women. It is rare to find even one of the young men or women that I know that would not be interested in shooting.