PDA

View Full Version : electricity - accident - what happened

March 25, 2017, 09:04
https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=aa0_1490421732

ok, why didn't all 3 of these goobers get fried? they were all touching the ladder but only one took the special trip.

meltblown
March 25, 2017, 09:13
May have been his shoes versus the others. Thick rubber soles helps in these situations

2barearms
March 25, 2017, 09:50
Fortunately he died pretty much right away. Obviously this is some turd world country.

V guy
March 25, 2017, 10:08
Aluminum is a great conductor; was used for electrical wiring for a time, may still be.

There was obviously more power in action here, than back in the day in the prisons "barber chair."

Grease fires are hard to put out;:eek:
The aluminum ladder was probably being melted/consumed too, until it lost physical contact with the overhead wire as it became shorter.:whistling:

Wal Mart?

TNAndy
March 25, 2017, 10:18

ok, why didn't all 3 of these goobers get fried? they were all touching the ladder but only one took the special trip.

Sheeeit. That must have been some serious voltage.

Electricity takes the path of least resistance. If the other two were wearing rubber soled shoes then most of the current would pass through the one guy.

This is why a $40 ladder now costs $200 and comes with warning and danger labels plastered all over it.

RG Coburn
March 25, 2017, 10:36
Yep. He was barefoot. I thought the guy who started the car was going to bump the scaffold,but he simply drove away. Hell of a way to die.

ByronF
March 25, 2017, 11:00
Easy way to die. A hard way to watch a friend die. That dude probably didnt feel a thing.

Didnt think the fencer around my garden was working. Had work boots on. Later, while bare-foot, I confirmed that it worked very finely.

oleblu72
March 25, 2017, 11:36
Zapped just like a bug.

Mark

KoKodog
March 25, 2017, 11:56
consider that a new safety video,

what not to do,

that is called KFC extra-extra-extra-krispy

NFADLR
March 25, 2017, 11:57
Have any of yous seen the video of a man walking on an Indian train (dot not feather) he reaches up and pop he is smoked.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vA7AcJvmcFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slow
March 25, 2017, 12:09
i bet that herzts, just for a second

sjohnson
March 25, 2017, 12:12
Easy way to die. A hard way to watch a friend die. That dude probably didnt feel a thing.

Didnt think the fencer around my garden was working. Had work boots on. Later, while bare-foot, I confirmed that it worked very finely.My cousin grew up on a farm. My brother and I were rubes, new to the farm life.

Out in a field, we all decided we needed to take a leak. My cousin walks up to the fenceline and proceeds to water the bottom strand of barbed wire. I don't need to go, so wait on him and my brother.

My brother does the silly spray all over thing, just what my cousin wanted. The fencer was working and he got a pretty smart wake-up call! :rofl:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/scjohnson/zap.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/scjohnson/media/zap.jpg.html)

tdb59
March 25, 2017, 12:15
i bet that herzts, just for a second

Hertz, hell. That was Killa, what? !

STG_58_guy
March 25, 2017, 12:22
Sheeeit. That must have been some serious voltage.

Electricity takes the path of least resistance. If the other two were wearing rubber soled shoes then most of the current would pass through the one guy.

This is why a $40 ladder now costs $200 and comes with warning and danger labels plastered all over it.

Electricity takes all paths of conductance. The amount of current through each path is proportional to the conductance of that path. Those other two probably got a good jolt. The one bugger was just a very conductive path. I'll bet the guy who tried to kick the scaffold got a pretty good jolt for his efforts. Notice he didn't try that again.

I also notice the other three all seem to run away. What about the next set of people who come along and try and help? What about firemen? This could have killed a few more people.

Drtrumpet
March 25, 2017, 12:55
That was nuts. I thought they were going to ram the scaffold with the van but they just drove off lol.

Slow
March 25, 2017, 13:04
Hertz, hell. That was Killa, what? !

his parents always said he was well grounded.

Invictus77
March 25, 2017, 13:08
his parents always said he was well grounded.

Post of the day award winner :D

Slow
March 25, 2017, 13:17
his work buddies left in a Volts-wagon van.

Slow
March 25, 2017, 13:19
Last thought

"Watts that wire up there............."

SPEEDGUNNER
March 25, 2017, 13:25
All the jokesters here it is easy to see you got a charge out of this thread...

Impala_Guy
March 25, 2017, 13:29
Anybody who says we can't build a simple and effective border fence should be shown this video.

meltblown
March 25, 2017, 14:03
Yep problem with some voltages is that it causes your muscles to contract and you can't let go.

Slow
March 25, 2017, 14:13
he could have gotten a job with the railroad....

he was a good conductor!!!!!!

2barearms
March 25, 2017, 15:21
he could have gotten a job with the railroad....

he was a good conductor!!!!!!

No doubt about it. I'm totally surprised he didn't melt the ladder where he shorting it. That has the be one of the craziest electrocution videos I've ever seen. I suppose they could do that to you in an electric chair.

Seaweed
March 25, 2017, 15:55
Ohm my goodness...

March 25, 2017, 17:27
https://youtu.be/b95q91q5ZWY

here is a vid of a florida state electrocution.
smoke em if ya gottum

Root66
March 25, 2017, 17:32
Gives new meaning to the term "crispy critter".

01BIRDDOG
March 25, 2017, 19:13
You have to be first in line to top responses here. Use to be able to submit your name to view a execution here. A friend of mine did and said steam came out of the hood where his eyes were.

I have my name in the pot to view one of a scum bag that shot a Police Officer friend of mine in the face with a .357. I will die of old age before appeals are finished as it is in the state of Tn.

Jarhead504
March 25, 2017, 19:56
It looks like that guy had plenty Potential!

Jarhead

Straight Shooter
March 25, 2017, 22:52
Aluminum is a great conductor; was used for electrical wiring for a time, may still be.

There was obviously more power in action here, than back in the day in the prisons "barber chair."

Grease fires are hard to put out;:eek:
The aluminum ladder was probably being melted/consumed too, until it lost physical contact with the overhead wire as it became shorter.:whistling:

Wal Mart?

Good thing the ladder wasn't magnesium!

Years ago, copper plated aluminum wire was banned, after a number of house fires occurred:

http://gcedestin.com/destin-electrician-gcedestin-aluminum-wiring.pdf

I wonder how long it took the amber-amps to get there with a broom and a dust pan?

Its not the voltage that kills you, its the amperage.

When I was a teen, I worked with a fella, who had burns over 90% of his body. He had been a lineman, and fell on a high tension line. His face was fine, but from the neck down, he looked like Freddie Kruger.

martin35
March 26, 2017, 01:22
Only one man established a firm ground to complete a circuit path,,, he was also the only one actually pushing the other two were loafing,,, life's not fair,,, again, some more.

warmshadow
March 26, 2017, 04:43
well they were all supposed to get toasted but it seem the Guardian Angel of the one tat died wasn't around at the moment.

Mark IV
March 26, 2017, 07:45
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wVOa3xhl0bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AZ Dave
March 26, 2017, 09:32
Shocking!!!! A supervisor and a new operator opened a disconnect in our 500kv switchyard UNDER LOAD!! These are hand cranked and take a little time to cycle. You always get some static arcing when opening them up but the sound and huge arc should have a dead give away. No injuries but the contacts were fried and had to be replaced.

Straight Shooter
March 26, 2017, 10:46
Shocking!!!! A supervisor and a new operator opened a disconnect in our 500kv switchyard UNDER LOAD!! These are hand cranked and take a little time to cycle. You always get some static arcing when opening them up but the sound and huge arc should have a dead give away. No injuries but the contacts were fried and had to be replaced.

A Union Rep would label that as job security.

JonnyP
March 26, 2017, 12:45

He was the one that used PayPal F+F inappropriately....

Drtrumpet
March 26, 2017, 13:03
well they were all supposed to get toasted but it seem the Guardian Angel of the one tat died wasn't around at the moment.

He was busy looking out for the goober who came back and tried to kick the scaffold free.

12v71
March 26, 2017, 13:26
He was the one that used PayPal F+F inappropriately....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

enbloc8
March 26, 2017, 14:24
Fortunately he died pretty much right away. Obviously this is some turd world country.

Per the listing, it was in India.

:facepalm:

AZ Dave
March 26, 2017, 15:32
Probably thought they were ok as long as the scaffold didn't touch the wire....WRONG! I used to work with a guy who got nailed by 4160 volts while racking out a big breaker under load. They bypassed the safety that prohibited doing so and he got fried. It was a big fan they thought was off at the four corners power plant in Farmington N.M. He lived but suffered greatly...

Root66
March 26, 2017, 16:20
A supervisor and a new operator opened a disconnect in our 500kv switchyard UNDER LOAD!! These are hand cranked and take a little time to cycle. You always get some static arcing when opening them up but the sound and huge arc should have a dead give away.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIkNY5xjy5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

easttex
March 26, 2017, 17:28

Barefoot dude pushed an aluminum scaffold into an overhead electrical line. Helluva way to die

JR in the NW
March 27, 2017, 00:06
I think I talked to that guy once when I was having issues with windows on my computer. His name was Sparky Singh.

jhend170
March 27, 2017, 13:32
I realize bacon may be the death of me, but I REALLY do not want to go out epitomizing "you are what you eat."

So let's get all the puns together, shall we???

Ohm MAN, watt a shocking experience! Had he not resisted he'd still be here, and should have conducted himself better. His buddies should be charged with battery. He captured lightening in a body, and it was quite a jolt. The Arc of the Covenant has been revealed to him, and shall forever be welded into his mind. I hope this video has the power to spark some interest in electrical safety.

JR in the NW
March 27, 2017, 14:10
I realize bacon may be the death of me, but I REALLY do not want to go out epitomizing "you are what you eat."

So let's get all the puns together, shall we???

Ohm MAN, watt a shocking experience! Had he not resisted he'd still be here, and should have conducted himself better. His buddies should be charged with battery. He captured lightening in a body, and it was quite a jolt. The Arc of the Covenant has been revealed to him, and shall forever be welded into his mind. I hope this video has the power to spark some interest in electrical safety.

And someone said he wasn't very bright.

gman
March 27, 2017, 14:35

Didnt think the fencer around my garden was working. Had work boots on. Later, while bare-foot, I confirmed that it worked very finely.

Think so? Watch this one, 10 minutes and 38 seconds, roasted by electricity because he couldn't get off the pole, but he was moving around, a lot, left side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAL0MnGExM

I have no idea why I watched that shit. Now I am sick.

enbloc8
March 28, 2017, 08:09
And someone said he wasn't very bright.

They had grounds to be concerned....

GSAD
March 28, 2017, 15:06
working around something you cannot see is tricky. I would not be a electrician for any amount of money. I do not care how long you have worked with it. it has a mind of its own.:eek:

gew98
March 28, 2017, 20:00
working around something you cannot see is tricky. I would not be a electrician for any amount of money. I do not care how long you have worked with it. it has a mind of its own.:eek:

One company I worked for briefly a few years ago ( thank god ! ) the crew boss hired his happy chemical supplier. Guy was well knwon with the nickname of "tweak"...hell he got fired for selling weed at a jobsite on fort knox !.
Anyhow tweak was tasked with mounting a GE 400 amp bus plug. He had a near do well minority fella with him ( whom was busted for selling drugs just late last year oddly enough ) on this normally easy excercise. Well tweak had it in his mind since he bullshitted his way into alleged expertise that he needed to REMOVE the insulated cover completely from the bus - a delta delta system. Yeah well tweeky removed the cover in toto instead of just swinging open the door and attempted to plug in the bus plug. There was a rolling ball of lightning 20 ft plus left and right of the bus. Looked like an old 88 from a tiger went clear through a sherman tank that bus plug did. He got one helluva sun tan and the monority guy was white knuckled and a few tads lighter in color. He walked out and drove home with his new found tan , you see he could nopt pass a drug screen and the boss was more than happy to let it all be swept under the rug. A rug whcih cost $24k + when all was said and done. We all love electricity...and it loves even more the stupid among us.