PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol Paper Please

bouncer50
December 11, 2014, 11:22
I was watching some you tube on the border patrol. I could not believe their 50-100 miles into the US doing stop on people asking if their a US citizens:uhoh: I was told their really looking for drugs and weapons:confused: Some of my family came from Poland after WW11 And they told of the SS Nazi would ask for YOU PAPER and if you did not have they GOT SHOT on the spot:redface: Where is are freedom:confused: Put them back on the border where they should be. As some polish people said your were force into labor camp you did know what freedom was till you lost it. Words i will never forget.

Beryl
December 11, 2014, 12:57
I have never had a problem with it. I roll down my window, say " US citizen" and they wave me on. They do catch smuggling loads inside the border quite often.

perryturner
December 11, 2014, 13:51
Efficiency. There are places on the Texas border where there is nothing or no one for many miles. People wade across the river and go cross country. Eventually they wind up in a vehicle on a road. Think funnel.

L Haney
December 11, 2014, 17:12
You can have a thin, brittle line or defense in depth. Only thing on the backside of a gill net is open water.

Bug Tussell
December 11, 2014, 17:17
Rolling into the BP checkpoint on I25 just north of Hatch, NM (chile capital of the world) there are multiple pods of cameras looking at and into the vehicle before you meet the BP agent. My wife asked me what's that for and I said "facial recognition".
Shit is serious down by the border.

masman
December 11, 2014, 17:34
the Border Patrol has a check point set up just a few miles south of White River jct Vermont and that's about a hundred miles from the border both interstates that run thru Vermont have border crossings so I see no point having the check point down there.

richbug
December 11, 2014, 19:15
I see a border patrol vehicle here in Western PA from time to time... A bit confusing. Apparently it is to catch all those Canadians who are swimming across Lake Erie.

Jolly Rodgers
December 11, 2014, 19:30
If they had even the slightest interest in catching criminal aliens and deporting them, they would close the border to illegal jumpers and then let the rest of us tell them where the illegals are. I could turn in 50 or 60 of them today, but ICE doesn't want to hear from me. As a matter of fact, if I called them, they'd be more likely to persecute me for being a racist white man.

The checkpoints have zero to do with catching illegals. The boss said to leave the illegals alone and arrest the conservative libertarians instead.

perryturner
December 11, 2014, 19:38
I see a border patrol vehicle here in Western PA from time to time... A bit confusing. Apparently it is to catch all those Canadians who are swimming across Lake Erie.
Do you have an international airport in the area? A port where foreign ships or boats land people or cargo containers? How about poultry processing or meatpacking plants?

C2A1
December 11, 2014, 19:48
I know BP agents and those cameras do not belong to customs or BP. They do feed to somewhere in Va. Am looking into it. Also have seen fake cell towers near El Paso and outside Lordsburg, NM. Believe these are part of the US marshals programs which collect cell conversions and locations. Data is up-linked to converted Cessna electronics aircraft.

Thorack
December 11, 2014, 19:49
Well,

I was driving from Yuma Proving Grounds to Phoenix in uniform, BP person at checkpoint asked "US Citizen?" I said, "Of course". Drove off wondering if the BP person was a US Citizen, sure didnt look it.

Thorack

Jaxxas
December 11, 2014, 20:12
Got a good friend in the BP, he said the cameras are shooting license plates, then the number is fed into a computer, and if it went through a real live 'ON' the border checkpoint the car gets flagged. All before you ever get to the guy who waves folks through.

L Haney
December 11, 2014, 20:17
Data is up-linked to converted Cessna electronics aircraft.

Are you saying they don't work without a light aircraft on station? Really?

martin35
December 11, 2014, 21:05
I've been asked for my papers in over 100 countries around the world when traveling across and near borders, including my own,,, reckon what that's all about,,, could it have something to do with maintaining national sovereignty?
How many billions are spent feeding, giving medical services and housing illegals in this country,,, they don't all come here to work.
Hispanic Americans in South Texas have seen closure of half the local clinics and hospitals in their area because of our laws made by a permissive society and the legislators they elect.
As for the Polacks if they are not getting overrun by Huns or Krauts it's Cossacks and then having to call for someone other than another Pole to check for papers what's new?
Put me down as not feeling guilty about wanting to know who is coming into my country,,, I probably don't have enough Polack blood in me to want to have a Pole tell me how to stay free.

richbug
December 12, 2014, 07:13
Do you have an international airport in the area? A port where foreign ships or boats land people or cargo containers? How about poultry processing or meatpacking plants?

Some freighters into Erie, most are great lakes only though. 60 miles from where I see the trucks.

A few Guatemalans working on local farms, but all have papers from what I know.